• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I guess Nintendo did a good job of staying covered for once. Hats of to Ninty in the no leaks department. But tbh the suspense is killing me and I want a leak.
We're getting Wolf & K. Rool for Smash.

Nintendo reveals two new Gamecube HD titles: Sunshine and Twilight Princess.

Fire Emblem Fates gets a US release date: Februrary 29th. PAL gets window of Summer 2016.

I am a believable leaker.

I leaked the information of the Character Forums getting locked down a week in advance.

Bow down to muh power, mortals.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir

Fire Emblem Fates gets a US release date: Februrary 29th. PAL gets window of Summer 2016.

I leaked the information of the Character Forums getting locked down a week in advance.

I hope you're 100% accurate haha. I'd be quite a happy camper.

Halifax?

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WhataTreeBark
[11.12.2015 Direct results]

:?: Non-ballot DLC character(s): Reveals non-ballot DLC character(s) to be released after direct or before year ends. Think Wolf or Inkling. Nintendo's inclination to veterans sets the precedent for Wolf. Inkling takes the wildcard.

:4cloud:

X Balance update: DLC releases with balance patch by strong precedent.

X Ballot Acknowledgement: Nintendo spent their time with non-ballot DLC, promises ballot fulfillment in the future. Also given one ballot character, Nintendo confirms more ballot characters will be released.

:?: Non-ballot DLC character stage(s): Character(s) with home stage(s). Inkling nearly guarantees Splatoon stage. Wolf comes without a stage; comes with Corneria for WiiU / Lylat for 3DS; Venom or Sector Z; or Star Fox Zero stage.

:midgar:

✅ Other DLC: Stages, Mii costumes, modes, trophies, etc. Good precedence, however has been announced sans Directs.

:miichocobo:

:?: Ballot DLC character(s): Reveals ballot DLC character(s) to be released after direct or before year ends.

:4cloud:

:?: Ballot DLC character stage(s): Ballot DLC character(s) comes with home stage. No precedent to observe.

:midgar:
We're left with more questions than answers.

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I've waited this long, I'd much rather go in Spoiler free at this point. It's only Tomorrow, WOW so hype

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
Not sure to be hyped or lower my expectations...
The more I think about it, the more I think we wont get any Smash news at all. I'm starting to be worried :ohwell:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
I really don't know why everybody is worried that we won't have any Smash related news tomorrow? We obviously going to get some Smash related news tomorrow. There is no way we are not getting some tomorrow. Just wait and see guys.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Listen.

Nintendo's been one to crap the bed on a few circumstances. We're all very aware.

However.... with the new President priding himself as a man of business, ignoring news for the single largest title you have available after this large of a drought is almost beyond reasoning.

The only excuse at this point is that they literally have nothing more to show from 5 months of work than about 2 dozen mii costumes, 4 stages (3 of which were ported) and finally fixing Tournament mode.

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
There has to be at least some news about Smash. Smash has been thriving for over a year now, they can't just leave it out of the direct. Let's just hope it isn't just Mii costumes this time.

D

Deleted member

I wish all of this were true. We'll see. It sounds pretty spot on.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Listen.

Nintendo's been one to crap the bed on a few circumstances. We're all very aware.

However.... with the new President priding himself as a man of business, ignoring news for the single largest title you have available after this large of a drought is almost beyond reasoning.

The only excuse at this point is that they literally have nothing more to show from 5 months of work than about 2 dozen mii costumes, 4 stages (3 of which were ported) and finally fixing Tournament mode.
It's a good point.

Especially with Starfox and Zelda being delayed, what do they have to discuss other than Smash, and maybe X and Fates localization?

And as was said, if they have zero Smash stuff to show after 5 months of (mostly ported) stages and costumes, I'm going to be floored.

I think it's odd that Sakurai hasn't retweeted but meh, I'm not sure we need to read into it.

Last edited:

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo has been promoting Smash for the holiday season. Why promote a game over a year old if you won't show anything substantial about it. If Nintendo don't show anything about smash( at least a: x character is in development ) they are really dead as a company in a marketing point of view.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
It's a good point.

Especially with Starfox and Zelda being delayed, what do they have to discuss other than Smash, and maybe X and Fates localization?

And as was said, if they have zero Smash stuff to show after 5 months of (mostly ported) stages and costumes, I'm going to be floored.

I think it's odd that Sakurai hasn't retweeted but meh, I'm not sure we need to read into it.
I don't expect anything for X because of it coming in less than a month, personally.

I just... hope it all makes up for a largely lackluster E3.

D

Deleted member

The AMA with Yacht Club Games is just pure coincidence. Doubt they'll Awnser any questions about Shovel Knight being in Smash. It's just to further hype Shovel Knight and Plague of Shadows.

Not that it needs it as the game and DLC are out of this world.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I find myself caring less and less about potential DLC newcomers nowadays, because :wolf: is still my most wanted DLC character by far. That said, I'm hoping we get SOMETHING Smash-related, even if it might not be a character.

It's a good point.

Expect the worst, hope for the best. That's really all we can do at this point.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Endless Ocean Diver, they would float around in water bubble and do water bending stuff and ride fish

nobody we see it coming

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
I think Wolf and King K Rool and some other popular character that I don't know will probably be the next characters to be revealed soon. Well, we have to see.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
I hope and believe that we'll get something SSB related in the upcoming direct. With the huge drought of news we've gotten, we need to have at least SOMETHING.
:4mario:

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Had a dream a few days ago that Inklings, Balloon Fighter, and Ice Climbers wound up being revealed with all three having special new costume mushrooms in Super Mario Maker too. A bit of a long shot but I'd definitely be happy if that wound up being true tomorrow.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Had a dream a few days ago that Inklings, Balloon Fighter, and Ice Climbers wound up being revealed with all three having special new costume mushrooms in Super Mario Maker too. A bit of a long shot but I'd definitely be happy if that wound up being true tomorrow.
How would new Inkling costumes work for SMM? Just out of curiosity.

Edit: Because of already covering the "standard" colors and outfit for Inkling Girl, Boy, and the green Squid.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Well, regardless of what we could see, WE'RE GOING TO SEE SOMETHING then. I can think we'll get ANYTHING SM4SH related tomorrow.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Honestly, at this point if we get any of the top Ballot character we've been seeing in polls I'll be happy. I'll be really happy if it's Inklings, but at this point I would love to get hyped over any Ballot character.

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
On the subject of DLC characters, let's go over who's likely. (I will probably be wrong anyway)

King K Rool might not make it because he's a Mii costume, but Meta Knight had a costume before he was revealed.
Ice Climbers ain't coming back because of limitations.
Inklings are possible, very likely actually.
Shovel Knight might not happen because it never released in Japan.
Shantae might happen, but not alot of people know who she is. (Although we have gotten obscure characters before, Pit, Shulk...)
Snake is unlikely because Konami has lost their minds.
Isaac is kind of possible, he has alot of potential, but he's really obscure. (We have gotten obscure characters.)
Wolf is probably the most possible at this point because:
1. He's well known and loved in the Nintendo fanbase.
2. He's a veteran, so he wouldn't be that hard to transfer from Brawl to SSB4
3. There's a new Starfox game coming. Which is probably the most important reason. I don't know if Star Wolf will be in SF0, but it seems likely since they appeared in almost every SF game.

Burruni

Smash Hero
On the subject of DLC characters, let's go over who's likely. (I will probably be wrong anyway)

King K Rool might not make it because he's a Mii costume, but Meta Knight had a costume before he was revealed.
Shantae might happen, but not alot of people know who she is. (Although we have gotten obscure characters before, Pit, Shulk...)
Isaac is kind of possible, he has alot of potential, but he's really obscure. (We have gotten obscure characters.)
3. There's a new Starfox game coming. Which is probably the most important reason. I don't know if Star Wolf will be in SF0, but it seems likely since they appeared in almost every SF game.
>K. Rool might not make it because he's a Mii costume
>Inklings are very likely.

Uhhhh

Inklings at least can be argued to play similar to the Miinkling gunners.

Mii Brawer ain't gonna play similar to K. Rool.

Edit: It's amazing how often, as an Inkling supporter, I'm having to talk people down.

also Wolf is confirmed to be in SF-Zero

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Well... I disagree with most of this, so I will just say some of my own things, inspired by this post.

I think we will get DLC announced.
It will be enough to show us what Sakurai has been up to for a year, because I don't buy that he was only working on 1-day costumes, 3 characters, and tourney mode.

Character wise: We may get veterans.
Likely, even. But they are not the reveals, they would never be billed as ballot winners.
I think we could get more than one veteran, too. The only one I think is not going to happen is Snake.
Other than that, we could get Wolf, Squirtle, Ivysaur, PT (one can only hope Sakurai sees what is missing without him), Ice Climbers (enough time to fix the issue/new console), and maybe Young Link (We have seen three clones before- see Roy's addition, or Wolf). Pichu... well, if he could be balanced. Is it an option to balance the character who was meant to be the weakest? Is there a feasible means to make him function similarly, but to a benefit?

Now... new guys. Some possibilities.
Nintendo All-Stars:
Pokemon Trainer (veteran, but fully alterered), K Rool, Dixie, Captain Toad, Ridley, Ganon
Favorites of unrepresented Nintendo Series:
Chibi Robo, Isaac, Ray 01, Inkling, Paper Mario, Wonder Red, Chorus Kids, Sami/Andy, Balloon Fighter, Lip, Excite Biker
Not quite all-stars of Nintendo series:
Bandana Dee, Tingle, Tetra, Impa, Sceptile, Waluigi, Eevee (evolution based mechanic)
All-Stars who are not Nintendo owned:
Minecraft Steve, Spyro (Skylanders deal...), Rayman, Bomberman, Banjo Kazooie, Shantae, Simon Belmont, Professor Layton, Cooking Mama, Maxwell, Yoshimitsu (I was converted, user ____ ), Mickey Mouse (more feasible if Disney had bought Nintendo park rides).

I'm sure I'll edit, but now it got late, suddenly.
I will say, most characters who are not listed above (who were not excluded a la Shovel Knight) would be... likely... upsetting.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I keep hearing people scared that we might not hear anything smash related tomorrow, extremely unlikely but still I understand the pessimism after 5 months of silence on the matter.

However, maybe the scarier possibility is we hear everything tomorrow, like the end of DLC characters for smash and we have to wait until another game for anyone to get into a smash game and then there's once again the fear of cut veterans and who will have to wait until some future DLC for after the next game being low priority etc...

Even if say we get like 6-10 characters (more than I'm expecting but could happen), if we learn who they all are tomorrow even with release dates further down the road... this could be the end of character discussion for smash 4. I'm a little afraid of that possibility.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I hope the Ballot comes with some sort of season pass for 2016.
One ballot character (newcomer) every 3 months (March, June, September and December).
One veteran every 4 months (April, August, December).
One stage (half comebacks, half new) every month.
More Mii Costumes every two months, and maybe even new challenges, trophies, and music every now and then.
I'd gladly pay 40 bucks in advance for this.

All this without counting the probable DLC which will be released right after the Direct.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
It's exciting that, even though we have no clue, one of our favorite characters COULD be happening today. It's unlikely for most, but the fact that it's possible is awesome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom