• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
Yo, Impa would be awesome if her attacks were mostly based on Hyrule Warriors. Her moveset pool is so big, it's almost makes too much sense for Smash Bros.

Burruni

Smash Hero

I'm being a bit facetious. :p
Yeah.
A gaming series that is one of the most iconic of them, defined its genre, and got their character in due to a buddy-buddy relationship of creators vs an indie with one game.
Still a world of difference.

(I'm biased for Shantae but seriously there's still a world of difference)
Japanese audiences still at their most fetal steps.
I'mma hold my stance until it's done.

Yo, Impa would be awesome if her attacks were mostly based on Hyrule Warriors. Her moveset pool is so big, it's almost makes too much sense for Smash Bros.
I still say there's an issue when the biggest case for a 1st Party character is a non-canon spinoff that was made entirely out of house.

Last edited:

Untamed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Immortal_gamer2
I apologize in advanced if this has already been discussed (haven't been following this thread for a bit).

I have a few questions for you guys regarding vets.

1. Would you want their moveset completely reworked, somewhat, or not at all?
2. If you answered yes to #1, which vet, and how would you like to see their moveset reworked if at all?
3. Where do you see them being on the tier list? (consider smash 4 mechanics)
4. What stages would you like to see come with them?

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
Yeah.
A gaming series that is one of the most iconic of them, defined its genre, and got their character in due to a buddy-buddy relationship of creators vs an indie with one game.
Still a world of difference.

(I'm biased for Shantae but seriously there's still a world of difference)

Japanese audiences still at their most fetal steps.
I'mma hold my stance until it's done.

I still say there's an issue when the biggest case for a 1st Party character is a non-canon spinoff that was made entirely out of house.
I'm talking moveset wise. The amount of moves they can implement is insane.

D

Deleted member

A NeoGAF member called Tansut has a source at Nintendo, and he likes to post cryptic (but easily decipherable) hints.
He claimed to know which Smash Bros. character would be revealed in the previous Direct (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185010416&postcount=1719), and before the Direct started he posted this very obvious Cloud and Midgar hint: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185219444&postcount=5605
In his most recent post, Tansut says to expect an "overcast sky" on the 16th. Overcast means cloudy... you get the idea.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=187620189&postcount=1871

Probably fake but thought I'd pass it on.

Burruni

Smash Hero
A NeoGAF member called Tansut has a source at Nintendo, and he likes to post cryptic (but easily decipherable) hints.
He claimed to know which Smash Bros. character would be revealed in the previous Direct (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185010416&postcount=1719), and before the Direct started he posted this very obvious Cloud and Midgar hint: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185219444&postcount=5605
In his most recent post, Tansut says to expect an "overcast sky" on the 16th. Overcast means cloudy... you get the idea.

The man likes Hercule.
He's clearly untrustworthy.

D

Deleted member

Yup, besides someone claiming they accurately predicted Cloud when no one saw it coming. Seems way off to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Ok, so here's something that's truly been bothering me.
As some of you probably know, I'm a huge advocate for K. Rool and Rayman as DLC. Although perhaps more so for the limbless hero since the leak was the reason why I decided to join Smashboards, I've been wanting K. Rool ever since Smash 4 was unveiled.
That being said, I've pretty much given up hope for both of these characters. However, I wouldn't be mad due to the fact they wouldn't have made it in.
If anything, I would be angry about what they had gotten instead of being playable.
I mean, just take a look at what happened to K. Rool. When I saw the K. Rool Mii Costume, it felt as though somebody had kicked the air out of my stomach. Not only did the costume make K. Rool the butt of all jokes, but my friends teased me to no end by using the costume. It's this sort of thing that makes me really wish K. Rool only got a trophy, as the costume makes the wounds even worse. If he doesn't get in, this costume literally serves to be a "screw you" from Sakurai.
Having the costume in place of the actual character is like going to a concert expecting the real deal, only to be treated to a cosplayer. The cosplayer may resemble the real thing, but they don't carry the same value and magic as the real deal.
It's kind of the same thing as Rayman, except it's a lot less harsh than the K. Rool Mii Costume. The thing is, however, is that Rayman was considered by many to be a pipedream, which is the reason why the trophy reveal back in July 2014 to be a shock, with this only being amplified by the Globox and Barbara trophies. It's also the reason why so many were hyped by the Omni leak, but were disappointed when it was fake.
That being said, given how Rayman will not make the cut, it's pretty sad looking at the trophies and imagining what could've been. As a fan who's always wanted to see Mario, Sonic, and Rayman duke it out, it's pretty heartbreaking.
I mean, let's face it. Rayman has no Eastern popularity, Ubisoft screwed the pooch with the Wii U (according to the fans), and chances are, we're going to be getting Cloud info AND Snake. I guess the naysayers were right. It's Ridley all over again in that he's been stringing us along without giving it another mention, only to find out that it meant nothing. It doesn't help that he's not a gaming icon and we were too blind to think that it meant nothing.
Of course, this is all a big "if" scenario. At this point, however, I've given up. There's no point in continuing with this hope since it seems as though the DLC will probably be made up of veterans and iconic third parties.
Perhaps it was my ignorance to listen to the naysayers that has caused me to feel this way.
I'm not sad at the fact that they probably won't get in.
I'm sad about the things that they got in place of being a fighter.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I don't think that matters too much considering how much Nintendo is promoting it and the fact that Aonuma had involvement in the project

I was thinking maybe the smoke balls she uses in OoT could be cool. Perhaps a dodge?
Sheik kinda took those with vanish already

Ok, so here's something that's truly been bothering me.
As some of you probably know, I'm a huge advocate for K. Rool and Rayman as DLC. Although perhaps more so for the limbless hero since the leak was the reason why I decided to join Smashboards, I've been wanting K. Rool ever since Smash 4 was unveiled.
That being said, I've pretty much given up hope for both of these characters. However, I wouldn't be mad due to the fact they wouldn't have made it in.
If anything, I would be angry about what they had gotten instead of being playable.
I mean, just take a look at what happened to K. Rool. When I saw the K. Rool Mii Costume, it felt as though somebody had kicked the air out of my stomach. Not only did the costume make K. Rool the butt of all jokes, but my friends teased me to no end by using the costume. It's this sort of thing that makes me really wish K. Rool only got a trophy, as the costume makes the wounds even worse. If he doesn't get in, this costume literally serves to be a "screw you" from Sakurai.
Having the costume in place of the actual character is like going to a concert expecting the real deal, only to be treated to a cosplayer. The cosplayer may resemble the real thing, but they don't carry the same value and magic as the real deal.
It's kind of the same thing as Rayman, except it's a lot less harsh than the K. Rool Mii Costume. The thing is, however, is that Rayman was considered by many to be a pipedream, which is the reason why the trophy reveal back in July 2014 to be a shock, with this only being amplified by the Globox and Barbara trophies. It's also the reason why so many were hyped by the Omni leak, but were disappointed when it was fake.
That being said, given how Rayman will not make the cut, it's pretty sad looking at the trophies and imagining what could've been. As a fan who's always wanted to see Mario, Sonic, and Rayman duke it out, it's pretty heartbreaking.
I mean, let's face it. Rayman has no Eastern popularity, Ubisoft screwed the pooch with the Wii U (according to the fans), and chances are, we're going to be getting Cloud info AND Snake. I guess the naysayers were right. It's Ridley all over again in that he's been stringing us along without giving it another mention, only to find out that it meant nothing. It doesn't help that he's not a gaming icon and we were too blind to think that it meant nothing.
Of course, this is all a big "if" scenario. At this point, however, I've given up. There's no point in continuing with this hope since it seems as though the DLC will probably be made up of veterans and iconic third parties.
Perhaps it was my ignorance to listen to the naysayers that has caused me to feel this way.
I'm not sad at the fact that they probably won't get in.
I'm sad about the things that they got in place of being a fighter.
I see the mii costumes as a way of saying they at least acknowledged the character, yes the real thing would undoubtably be better but the fact that they considered them at all is nice. I'd be okay if my most wanted characters (besides Wolf for obvious reasons) only got in as mii costumes, disappointed yes but that only makes them more possible for future entries in the series

Last edited:
The man likes Hercule.
He's clearly untrustworthy.
Gokule. That is clearly Gokule
Also Satan is a world hero whatchu talkin bout?

I really really really doubt we are getting HW impa or anything related to it. Its a non canon spinoff. We got zero HW content already. Let alone a cahracter.

Plus (and more importantly) a name that is an easter egg character most associated with being an old woman and a ninja doesn't make any sense using a giant sword anyway

and that is ignoring how unlikely Impa is anyway

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Sorry about my rant. I may be coming off as a spoiled fan, but these things truly seem like wasted opportunities.
All we can do is wait.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Also Satan is a world her whatchu talkin bout?

I really really really doubt we are getting HW impa or anything related to it. Its a non canon spinoff. We got zero HW content already. Let alone a cahracter.

Plus (and more importantly) a name that is an easter egg character most associated with being an old woman and a ninja doesn't make any sense using a giant sword anyway

Hyrule Warriors came out after Smash though, or at least around the same time. It's understandable we didn't get anything from it.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

so what you mean to tell me is...that this guy....is predicting that the weather's going to be bad and that we should stay indoors....

overcast...meaning it'll be cloudy...cloudy skies block the sun making things darker....'dark'er....DARK SAMUS CONFIRMED GUYS!!!!! HYPE!!!!

i should stop...

Hyrule Warriors came out after Smash though, or at least around the same time. It's understandable we didn't get anything from it
note that isnt the important part

the whole, it not fitting into her identity is a bigger deal. Plus it genuinely doesnt make any sense to use the Spin off version of a cahracter appearing in mainline titles

ShadyClash

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zachmobile
Also Satan is a world hero whatchu talkin bout?

As for Impa's likelihood, I humbly disagree. But the great thing about opinions is that everybody gets to have their own. I respect your's.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I see the mii costumes as a way of saying they at least acknowledged the character, yes the real thing would undoubtably be better but the fact that they considered them at all is nice. I'd be okay if my most wanted characters (besides Wolf for obvious reasons) only got in as mii costumes, disappointed yes but that only makes them more possible for future entries in the series
I would look at it that way except for the fact that some people like to rub it in our faces.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
note that isnt the important part

the whole, it not fitting into her identity is a bigger deal. Plus it genuinely doesnt make any sense to use the Spin off version of a cahracter appearing in mainline titles
It fits her just fine, yes it's different but the general idea of being the protector of Princess Zelda is still there and even if they didn't want to they could just use the Skyward Sword or a possible Zelda Wii U design, or just make one up like they did with Sheik

Last edited:

SamuXCI

Smash Cadet
NNID
SamuXCI
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Sorry about my rant. I may be coming off as a spoiled fan, but these things truly seem like wasted opportunities.
All we can do is wait.
A rapping dog once told me "I gotta believe"

Its not ogre yet.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
A rapping dog once told me "I gotta believe"

Its not ogre yet.
I know, I know. No crying until the end.
Do you think I should have a little more optimism? I'm asking because if I let even a tiny speck of hope get into me, it escalates in growth and eventually becomes an expectation.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I apologize in advanced if this has already been discussed (haven't been following this thread for a bit).

2. If you answered yes to #1, which vet, and how would you like to see their moveset reworked if at all?
  1. Not at all.
  2. :snake:
  3. Same spot as Brawl, high tier.
  4. :shadowmoses:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
I would look at it that way except for the fact that some people like to rub it in our faces.
Hey, at least your characters are commonly asked for. In fact, I think the KKR mii outfit and the fake Rayman leak increased their support even more. As a matter of fact, KKR was the only character aside from the Inklings that still had more or less strong support after being "deconfirmed" by a Mii outfit. I would look at other support groups who more or less gave up supporting their character because they thought the Mii outfit was it.

Heck, be glad your characters are even in the game in some form. Most of my characters got turned into measly Brawl stickers, or aren't even in the game at all. There are characters I want in Smash that have little to no chance at all due to their overall unpopularity. Am I complaining? No. Sakurai does not owe me anything. All I can do is kindly ask him to add the character in. If he wants the character in, then cool! If not, then cool! Don't feel bad if your characters don't get in. If anything, their support will help them in the long run. I actually think that if KKR doesn't get into Smash 4, he will probably get in Smash 5. It's possible that due to the overwhelming amount of support he's getting, Nintendo will put him in another DKC game, making him relevant again. c:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
. . .then it wouldn't be HW impa anymore. Which is what I was arguing.
Oops, My bad. I'm really tired to be fair, It's like 3am

Anyway, it's a fun idea to think about but I do think the Skyward Sword incarnation is a lot more likely and honestly either works for me

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Hey, at least your characters are commonly asked for. In fact, I think the KKR mii outfit and the fake Rayman leak increased their support even more. As a matter of fact, KKR was the only character aside from the Inklings that still had more or less strong support after being "deconfirmed" by a Mii outfit. I would look at other support groups who more or less gave up supporting their character because they thought the Mii outfit was it.

Heck, be glad your characters are even in the game in some form. Most of my characters got turned into measly Brawl stickers, or aren't even in the game at all. There are characters I want in Smash that have little to no chance at all due to their overall unpopularity. Am I complaining? No. Sakurai does not owe me anything. All I can do is kindly ask him to add the character in. If he wants the character in, then cool! If not, then cool! Don't feel bad if your characters don't get in. If anything, their support will help them in the long run. I actually think that if KKR doesn't get into Smash 4, he will probably get in Smash 5. It's possible that due to the overwhelming amount of support he's getting, Nintendo will put him in another DKC game, making him relevant again. c:
I guess it's more of a sense of what could've been that makes me depressed.
Sure, they got acknowledged, but the fact that K. Rool was such a fan favorite, but was turned into a costume is pretty sad, when you think about it.
Sakurai doesn't owe me anything, though. I'm just saying the way they got represented feels wrong. I wish Sakurai would explain why the Rayman trophies and K. Rool costume were made so all of this can be put to rest.

SamuXCI

Smash Cadet
NNID
SamuXCI
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
I know, I know. No crying until the end.
Do you think I should have a little more optimism? I'm asking because if I let even a tiny speck of hope get into me, it escalates in growth and eventually becomes an expectation.
I been wanting a Custom Robo rep, Banjo-Kazooie, Ridley, Conker and King K. Rool for a long time.

I'm most likely gonna be the saltiest sailor on this ship by the end. Keep your hype levels in check and try not to over obsess with it all.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I really hope they announce the date of the December Presentation at the VGA tomorrow.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Pokemon Trainer needs to come back, reworked.
I have several ideas on how this could be done.

My newest idea is that he would be an evolving moveset character (pun intended). First, he must capture an opponent- every new life, he would need to first manage to 'catch' the opponent/s. After doing so, and up to three characters, he would them be able to summon their classic sprites. The classic sprites would minimize the technical occupancy for even the 3Ds, and it would also capitalize on the nostalgia of old Nintendo fans.

An old idea I had was that he would have a moveset wherein his Pokeball is the main weapon, being able to capture and stall opponents, making him a strategy based trap character.

Of course, he could also have a summoners moveset, just being a classic summoner, with different Pokemon which have base attacks (not controllable) allotting him different strategic setups. To make him even more interesting, the number of summons he is alotted at a time could be based on the number of other characters he is fighting. If there are two opponents, he gets two summons. One, then only one at a time. It could cap at three or any needed amount.
This could even me mixed into the other concepts above.

Pokefloats helped represent the series very well, also, giving the idea of "catching them all" a whole new meaning.

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
The roster layout is starting to annoy me, like it's unorganized.
On the Wii U version, :4metaknight: and :4link: aren't there with their respective franchises.
And, on both versions, :4lucina:, :4darkpit: and :4drmario:aren't with their series either, you could argue it's because they're clones but then why is :4tlink: there with his franchise?

But what bugs me the most are the DLC characters. :4mewtwo: should be with the Pokémon line, :4lucas:should be with Ness, and :4feroy:should be there with the Fire Emblem line.
I couldn't find a Wii U roster layout image, Google is full of fake rosters...

Andyomon00

Smash Apprentice
NNID
andtomon00
3DS FC
0301-9874-0642
I see you guys talking about Impa, and I must simply interject:p

Why do you guys not consider the version of Impa from Skyward Sword? She's really cool looking and could use Timeshift stones to force slow motion on opponents.

Last edited:

ShadyClash

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zachmobile
I see you guys talking about Impa, and I must simply interject:p

Why do you guys not consider the version of Impa from Skyward Sword? She's really cool looking and could use Timeshift stones to force slow motion on opponents.
Hey hey, more input the merrier. And Timeshift Stones could be a neat concept. I imagine they would act like Shulk's Vision attack in a way.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think the Wii U roster layout should be more organized... kinda like this.

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4drmario::4yoshi::4wario::4bowserjr::rosalina::4dk::4diddy::4gaw::4littlemac::4duckhunt:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4darkpit::4ness::4lucas::4rob::4falcon:
:4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4lucario::4greninja::4pacman::4ryu::4megaman::4sonic::4cloud::substitute::4mii::substitute:

Andyomon00

Smash Apprentice
NNID
andtomon00
3DS FC
0301-9874-0642
Hey hey, more input the merrier. And Timeshift Stones could be a neat concept. I imagine they would act like Shulk's Vision attack in a way.
I was thinking more like a super slow projectile that crawls across the stage hitting multiple time and causing slow down.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And, on both versions, :4lucina:, :4darkpit: and :4drmario:aren't with their series either, you could argue it's because they're clones but then why is :4tlink: there with his franchise?
Because Toon Link was a planned-from-the-start clone while Lucina, Dark Pit, and Doctor Mario were last minute additions.

But roster placement discussion isn't really on-topic for this thread, just because it's only tangentially related to DLC, so I'll ask you guys to change the subject.

Add onto the list
"Any trophies for the Mario & Luigi series."
The fact we never saw one for even Fawful or Starlow is a little silly.
Now that I think about it, what was the last game we saw Toadsworth in? I think it MAY have been Partners in Time. (edit: I know Toadsworth has a trophy)
Toadsworth's latest appearance was in Dream Team.

Hey did you guys hear that Oni guy got his account deleted? Shame. Wonder what he did.

If we ever do get Toad playable I absolutely hope Toadsworth takes Toad's role as the counter. Hell it makes more sense based on his role of being Peach's "Steward."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom