• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I was wrong threads are always more entertaining then those kind of threads though.

Having a character that you like dismissed by the fanbase for whatever reason only for said character getting in the game is the best thing ever. Especially in :4feroy:'s case. I enjoyed it when all the haters were proven wrong.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
If Geno makes it in I'll be hype and buy him along with the other characters and regardless if whether or not I like their playstyles I'll go back to ZSS and Palutena

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
For the record I'm not exactly a fan of the idea of Master Chef being in Smash (despite somewhat enjoying Halo 2 back in the day)...but at the same time, the only thing theoretically in his way is the 'Must appear on a Nintendo Console' criteria...
Well, Halo was being developed for Nintendo DS. It's close enough!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
You say a lot of nothing in your posts, and still come off as pretentious with the "holier than thou" attitude. I mean, nothing was said in your post just all this smoke and mirrors fluff. Nintendo can "state" all they want that they aren't "directly competing" with Sony and Microsoft, but in reality (the real non-PR world) they are directly competing for consumers money. It has nothing to do with facts, it's called common sense and not believing everything the public relations department of Nintendo says
Statements from Nintendo. [You've said it defies common sense.]
The territory of companies stated. [You havent actually commented on the facts that Sony and Microsoft are more than gaming companies.]
One premise of economic theory. [Regarding competition. If you want to consider video games than you must consider the leisure market.]
...these are facts. They aren't fluff. They are undeniable, cold, hard, throbbing facts.
Call it fluff if you want, and call yourself a Turkey for all I care, you're just wrong at this point.

Id also appreciate it if you stopped being a hypocrite. I'll admit I'm pretentious, and as long as I accurately back up my opinion, I don't really care on this particular thread. However, you still make posts like this:
Yeah, add Master Chief, then add Toucan Sam, Dumbledore, Shrek, the tiger from Hangover, a piece of brocolli and the purple monkey from Zelda: A LInk to the Past
Were you born yesterday
It's only unfunny to those without a sense of humor and can't get over themselves,
Trololololo
'nuff said, but I could cite definitions of arrogant and condescending, if you want to call this "disregardable fluff."

The argument was never that Cloud was less well known or less popular in the wider gaming audience than Geno. That's not debatable. What I'm saying is Geno is a better choice given the audience for Smash.
The one thing [at minimum] you are overlooking, is the idea that Nintendo fans are also video game fans as a whole. The fact that such a character is in the game really excites me- to play as, to see on the screen, to do more than just have an initial hype.
Ive never played as Cloud, barely played FF7, and didnt own a Playstation until the third.
As a fan of video games, Cloud is a big deal. I am only one example, and that is not what dictates trends in thought- but I don't think I'm alone in this thought process.
Other then that, I find it odd that Nintendo would make a Shovel Knight amiibo, and that it comes out about the same time as the smash direct.
Nintendo didnt make the amiibo, Yacht did. They funded it just like they probably funded the character appearing in 15 games this past year. They are the Ariana Grande of the indie world, and we all are seeing him everywhere because of rich mom and pop.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It's only unfunny to those without a sense of humor and can't get over themselves, but you still say that even when multiple users posted and implicated they got a chuckle out of it
You clearly don't know me that well my friend...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I love how people think that Cloud broke the limits of who can get in or not when said limits didn't even exist in the first place!

Sakurai himself said that being in a Nintendo console was a courtesy (and even then, Cloud did!) and that the character must carry gaming history, which means that a character doesn't need Nintendo history, as long as it affected gaming as a whole. Knowing that, Cloud is a perfect fit in the world of Smash.

Long story short, Sakurai followed his rules. The issue is that most of you have misread or overthought what he said.

Cloud did nothing but make us realize how wrong we interpreted Sakurai's words. None of the floodgates were opened!

Last edited:

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
I love how people think that Cloud broke the limits of who can get in or not when said limits didn't even exist in the first place!

Sakurai himself said that being in a Nintendo console was kind of a courtesy (and even then, Cloud did!) and that the character must carry gaming history, which means that a character doesn't need Nintendo history, as long as it affected gaming as a whole. Knowing that, Cloud is a perfect fit in the world of Smash.

Long story short, Sakurai followed his rules. The issue is that most of you have misread or overthought what he said. Cloud did nothing but make us realize how wrong we interpreted Sakurai's words. No floodgates were opened and not everyone can join!
I think you are very right ^^

Geno Boost

Smash Master
If floodgates were opened them we would see Mickey Mouse and James bound in smash, so Cloud didn't open anything as long as the character is a video game character and appeared in Nintendo console.
However having Cloud could open doors for other Square-Enix to join smash because Square-Enix has the key.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Sakurai himself said that being in a Nintendo console was a courtesy (and even then, Cloud did!) and that the character must carry gaming history, which means that a character doesn't need Nintendo history, as long as it affected gaming as a whole. Knowing that, Cloud is a perfect fit in the world of Smash.

Long story short, Sakurai followed his rules. The issue is that most of you have misread or overthought what he said.

Cloud did nothing but make us realize how wrong we interpreted Sakurai's words. None of the floodgates were opened!
But then they'll move goalposts and say:
- Cloud doesn't appeal to the target audience (yes he does)
- Geno was requested more (so?)
- They should give a nod to old die hard Ninty fans (Duck Hunt, ROB, GnW)
- Smash is for Nintendo fans (Nintendo could implode and I wouldn't care)

If floodgates were opened them we would see Mickey Mouse and James bound in smash, so Cloud didn't open anything as long as the character is a video game character and appeared in Nintendo console.
Character doesn't even have to originate from Video Games, just needs to have a significant history with them. Mickey Mouse has the Kingdom Hearts series AND Epic Mickey, James Bond has Goldeneye, and a remake, and other games. They're both more qualified than Geno.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
- Cloud doesn't appeal to the target audience (yes he does)
Even if he didn't, he's DLC, which is basically bonus, optional content. If you don't want it, don't buy it!

- Geno was requested more (so?)
If requests were a valid reason, we'd have gotten Wolf and K. Rool by now.

- They should give a nod to old die hard Ninty fans (Duck Hunt, ROB, GnW)
Final Fantasy IS a nod to old die hard Ninty fans; the first 6 games were Nintendo-exclusive, if I remember correctly, and FF7 was planned for the SNES, then the N64 before moving to PlayStation.

If anything, this argument is just one more reason why Cloud deserves his place in Smash.

- Smash is for Nintendo fans (Nintendo could implode and I wouldn't care)
Nintendo fans like other things too.

I mean, if Smash was only for Nintendo fans, would we have gotten Snake in Brawl? I doubt it...

Last edited:

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I know how you feel, but it's clear that it's an allowed and acceptable practice to troll and insult Geno enthusiasts. Just look at this topic. I was warned for trying to defend myself, and it wasn't even that bad of a post (no fun allowed). The person you responded to said "anyone who thinks Geno would appeal to Smash fans is deluding themselves". Whoever truly believes that is the on deluding themselves. If they think that characters like Palutena, Robin, Lucina, Lucas, Shulk and all the other newcomers added from niche series that struggle to sell a million copies each entry would appeal to Smash fans, they are absolutely wrong. The general public doesn't care about those characters, they care more about Waluigi. So the argument about appealing to Smash fans is weak. If Nintendo can add Palutena, Robin, Lucas and the rest of the niche nobodies, then they can add someone like Geno

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Dude, I know how you feel, but it's clear that it's an allowed and acceptable practice to troll and insult Geno enthusiasts. Just look at this topic. I was warned for trying to defend myself, and it wasn't even that bad of a post (no fun allowed). The person you responded to said "anyone who thinks Geno would appeal to Smash fans is deluding themselves". Whoever truly believes that is the on deluding themselves. If they think that characters like Palutena, Robin, Lucina, Lucas, Shulk and all the other newcomers added from niche series that struggle to sell a million copies each entry would appeal to Smash fans, they are absolutely wrong. The general public doesn't care about those characters, they care more about Waluigi. So the argument about appealing to Smash fans is weak. If Nintendo can add Palutena, Robin, Lucas and the rest of the niche nobodies, then they can add someone like Geno
Those characters still have games coming out.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
First of all, quote me. Second, I'm not trolling Geno fans, if I'm trolling anyone, I'm trolling the people who think Nintendo owns Geno and that he's relevant and is an icon in gaming, which in that case, you pretty much deserved to be mocked. And finally, your BS example of niche characters getting in
Palutena, Robin, Lucina, Lucas, Shulk.
Palutena was a highly requested character from a recent game
Robin and Lucina are fan favourite characters from Awakening, a highly successful game
Lucas was highly requested as a newcomer in Japan, a country a Japanese developer is more likely to listen to
Shulk was Japan's most wanted character, Sakurai himself said Shulk's high demand got him in
Notice something with these too. None are third parties, and outside of Lucas, were not DLC. Lucas became popular with Smash fans because he was already in the game

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
To be fair, those "niche nobodies" are actual Nintendo characters and, with the exception of Lucas since Mother 3 is Japan-only, their games have been really successful worldwide and the gamers liked them to the point of Sakurai adding them in Smash.

Geno is more complicated than that, since Square Enix owns him (albeit pratially) and, sadly, Geno didn't do anything worthy that would make him carry gaming history within him, which is basically one of Sakurai's criteria for third-parties.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
First of all, quote me. Second, I'm not trolling Geno fans, if I'm trolling anyone, I'm trolling the people who think Nintendo owns Geno and that he's relevant and is an icon in gaming, which in that case, you pretty much deserved to be mocked. And finally, your BS example of niche characters getting in
Palutena, Robin, Lucina, Lucas, Shulk.
Palutena was a highly requested character from a recent game
Robin and Lucina are fan favourite characters from Awakening, a highly successful game
Lucas was highly requested as a newcomer in Japan, a country a Japanese developer is more likely to listen to
Shulk was Japan's most wanted character, Sakurai himself said Shulk's high demand got him in
Notice something with these too. None are third parties, and outside of Lucas, were not DLC. Lucas became popular with Smash fans because he was already in the game
To be fair, those "niche nobodies" are actual Nintendo characters and, with the exception of Lucas since Mother 3 is Japan-only, their games have been really successful worldwide and the gamers liked them to the point of Sakurai adding them in Smash.

Geno is more complicated than that, since Square Enix owns him (albeit pratially) and, sadly, Geno didn't do anything worthy that would make him carry gaming history within him, which is basically one of Sakurai's criteria for third-parties.
The goalposts get moved and the "highly requested" argument gets thrown on the table, see the hypocrisy? When it comes to highly requested characters like Ridley, Waluigi, K Rool, Daisy etc, it's all about "being highly requested doesn't matter" but when it's about Palutena and Robin they suddenly deserve to get in because they are "highly requested"? I don't even care about Ridley and K Rool and Waluigi etc, but I think the logic used by folks like you is ridiculous.

Then, you have Nintendo saying how they can't listen to the loud fanbase on the Internet because they are vocal minorities, and they don't add characters based on what they want, yet half the newcomers from Nintendo in this game are niche characters from niche series.

Stop denying that Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus and especially Mother are anything but niche and unpopular.. Seriously. Just stop, numbers don't lie. The general public (majority of smash fans) don't care about those games or they would have bought them, but they don't.

Geno Boost

Smash Master

Geno can carry SMRPG wich is important in Nintendo history.
So? Did Sakurai state that the characters should have games coming out to be in smash? Nope.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Geno may be part of the Mario series, but he isn't owned by Nintendo in any way.

The latter is the issue he has. Even if Nintendo wanted to use him, say, for a Mario Kart game, they'd have to pay royalties to Square Enix, the copyright holder of the character.

Geno is as third party as the likes of Sonic, Mega Man and, well, Cloud. So, between picking a major JRPG icon and a one-shot character from an older game, I think the choice is obvious, especially for something as choice-driven as is DLC.

The amount of effort to get the rights for a third party character is something that needs a bigger compensation due to the usually lengthy and expensive licensing process. Would they go through such a convoluted process for a character the majority of gamers hardly know? Or would they aim for a more recognizable and iconic character such as Cloud?

Take this question and think it from a developer and business perspective. Which would add more to a line-up of iconic guest characters? Which would gain more attention from players and the media? A one-shot obscure character? Or an iconic character that is still relevant to this day?

I don't have anything against Geno. If he was added to the game, as long as playing as the character would be fun and added to the game's experience, I wouldn't have any objections. However, looking at this from a game developer's point of view, it's obvious that Cloud is a more impacting choice than Geno would ever be.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The goalposts get moved and the "highly requested" argument gets thrown on the table, see the hypocrisy? When it comes to highly requested characters like Ridley, Waluigi, K Rool, Daisy etc, it's all about "being highly requested doesn't matter" but when it's about Palutena and Robin they suddenly deserve to get in because they are "highly requested"? I don't even care about Ridley and K Rool and Waluigi etc, but I think the logic used by folks like you is ridiculous.
Hey! I also added the "he's a third-party character with no gaming history" argument for Geno.

If he's in, the floodgates will open because Sakurai would break his "must carrygaming history" rule for third-parties.

Then, you have Nintendo saying how they can't listen to the loud fanbase on the Internet because they are vocal minorities, and they don't add characters based on what they want, yet half the newcomers from Nintendo in this game are niche characters from niche series.
They may be niche here, but in Japan, those series are pretty big.

Heck, I bet tons of Japanese players were mad because Little Mac was in because Punch-Out!! is pretty niche and unpopular there.

Stop denying that Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus and especially Mother are anything but niche and unpopular.. Seriously. Just stop, numbers don't lie. The general public (majority of smash fans) don't care about those games or they would have bought them, but they don't.
Again, Japan...

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Outside of being the first Mario role-playing game, it most certainly is not. Pre-rendered graphics were first used with Donkey Kong Country, there's multiple far more notable RPG's than SMRPG (including the other two Mario RPG series)...he's not notable. AT. ALL. Cloud is notable for being one of the most popular RPG protagonists ever, as much as I hate him, so he deserves to get in the game even if it causes me massive salt. Geno is a third-party character with a niche fanbase that nobody under 10 is going to even recognize as a Nintendo character, let alone a Mario character.

So? Did Sakurai state that the characters should have games coming out to be in smash? Nope.
Having relevance is a part of which characters get in, yes. That's why Kid Icarus got so much new content after Brawl; because a new game came out in that timeframe. Fire Emblem gets it's content because it's had recent games, too. Geno's last appearance was a cameo in a GBA RPG from the early 2000's. That's not recent. Square could have put him into Fortune Street or Mario Sports Mix, but they didn't. Because, believe it or not, not many people seem to care about Geno. Certainly not as many as K.Rool; even in his heyday, Geno was overshadowed by other popular fighter requests.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
How is it important?

Also...

Geno may be part of the Mario series, but he isn't owned by Nintendo in any way.

The latter is the issue he has. Even if Nintendo wanted to use him, say, for a Mario Kart game, they'd have to pay royalties to Square Enix, the copyright holder of the character.

Geno is as third party as the likes of Sonic, Mega Man and, well, Cloud. So, between picking a major JRPG icon and a one-shot character from an older game, I think the choice is obvious, especially for something as choice-driven as is DLC.

The amount of effort to get the rights for a third party character is something that needs a bigger compensation due to the usually lengthy and expensive licensing process. Would they go through such a convoluted process for a character the majority of gamers hardly know? Or would they aim for a more recognizable and iconic character such as Cloud?

Take this question and think it from a developer and business perspective. Which would add more to a line-up of iconic guest characters? Which would gain more attention from players and the media? A one-shot obscure character? Or an iconic character that is still relevant to this day?

I don't have anything against Geno. If he was added to the game, as long as playing as the character would be fun and added to the game's experience, I wouldn't have any objections. However, looking at this from a game developer's point of view, it's obvious that Cloud is a more impacting choice than Geno would ever be.
...Frosty is completely right!

For those who played SMRPG, he's that overly awesome character that we belive MUST be in Smash, but what about those who didn't?

Cloud, on the other hand, is extremely popular and well-known, even for those who haven't played FF7.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus and EarthBound are still Nintendo proprieties. Smash Bros. has always been, and still is, primarily about Nintendo.

Remember, in this game, there are only 5 third party franchises (7 counting the cameos of Rayman and CommanderVideo) out of the many Nintendo franchises with content in the game. Over 20 just for the characters and that number becomes way bigger counting stages or Assist Trophies.

Of the 5 third party franchises in Smash 3DS/Wii U with playable characters, name one that isn't a major franchise in video game history and isn't represented by an iconic character from said franchise.

Cloud, on the other hand, is extremely popular and well-known, even for those who haven't played FF7.
Cloud was likely the first FF character I heard about. Meanwhile, only through Smash Bros. speculation did I know about Geno, even though I have played plenty of Mario games before even knowing about Smash.

Cloud and Geno couldn't be in more opposite sides of the spectrum.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
I don't even like both but that's absolute bull****. Banjo=2 good games, died afterwards.
Master Chief= Immense popularity, iconic and relevant
I'm not going to bother dignifying this with a response. In any case refer to Phil Spencer if you want to hear what he said in regards to Banjo Kazooie: "I think it would be cool if Banjo was in the next SSB DLC. We've worked with Nintendo on Rare IP before, no issues." - The Executive of the Xbox department of Microsoft.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Heck, I bet tons of Japanese players were mad because Little Mac was in.
They were actually more confused than anything, really. Little Mac is niche in Japan, but he's also insanely popular in America, which I think is what they sort of figured he was in for; popularity in the West.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

There's more than being highly requested, yes, there's also what you can do with the character. Sakurai can't think of a way to make Ridley true to his character if he's playable, so despite Ridley's high demand, he's not in for this reason. Characters like Lucas, that's different.
You whined about these 'niche' franchises. You DO realize these games sold well? Fates sold more than 3 million on it's first 2 weeks in Japan iirc, Fire Emblem totally niche then. Not to mention Smash made Uprising get done despite being planned a Star Fox game and Fire Emblem being localized because of Smash. Mother/Earthbound is a finished franchise, the creator doesn't want to make anything and feels like the story has been finished perfectly. And again, considering DLC needs to sell, and the fact Lucas and Roy sold well based on fan reaction, it's ironic you're crying about these being niche alongside Geno

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Actually **** what I said before.

I see a lot of people talking about "relevancy" and conveniently disregarding "history" and "significance" to Nintendo. Some of you ****ing people are so short-sighted.

Cloud shook things up quite a bit, but despite what the salty haters would love to believe, entry into Smash 4 is just as competitive as ever.

Keep on knee-jerking though, it's amusing.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Don't get too heated, please.

The thread can do without the passive-aggressiveness.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I see a lot of people talking about "relevancy" and conveniently disregarding "history" and "significance" to Nintendo. Some of you ****ing people are so short-sighted..
Read this:
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/05/sakuraithirdparty/

Specifically this part:

The character must carry game history with them.
Besides that, it might be something like a courtesy to include a character who has the experience of being on a Nintendo platform.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm not going to bother dignifying this with a response. In any case refer to Phil Spencer if you want to hear what he said in regards to Banjo Kazooie.
...You're not thinking. Phil Spencer could just as well want Master Chief, not to mention Banjo DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH HISTORY TO BE A GAMING ICON
Actually **** what I said before.

I see a lot of people talking about "relevancy" and conveniently disregarding "history" and "significance" to Nintendo. Some of you ****ing people are so short-sighted.

Cloud shook things up quite a bit, but despite what the salty haters would love to believe, entry into Smash 4 is just as competitive as ever.

Keep on knee-jerking though, it's amusing.
Geno doesn't have relevance in gaming as a whole. Every third party in Smash does, and Sakurai himself said it was important to have gaming history

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
@Burb would adore this discussion.

It'd be nice if we could get a little less aggression in here.

Here are the facts:

- Geno is a third party character, as noted in SS' credits where he is a registered trademark of Square Enix, Co. Ltd. That's the first obstacle.

- It is factually silly to make out Geno to be a more worthwhile choice than Cloud because of the staggering differences in popularity and relevance between the two.

- When compared to the third parties that have been in Smash and their significance in the gaming industry, Geno is practically nothing. If someone like Shovel Knight gets into Smash then this point can be disregarded.

- Geno cannot be compared to so called "niche nobodies" such as Robin and Shulk due to those characters being first party above all and from series with actual relevance.

- It is true that, as evidenced with Ryu, third party companies can have two characters in Smash; it is not a fact that they will. Square has more profitable characters than Geno to boot such as Agnes Oblige and loads of popular Final Fantasy characters.

- If the general public does not care about series such as Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem, their most recent installments that have characters in Smash likely would have not passed 1 million sales(Awakening sold 1.79 million worldwide, Fates has sold nearly half a million copies in Japan alone, Kid Icarus Uprising sold 1.18 million worldwide). While Xenoblade and MOTHER would theoretically fall under the niche stigma, Xenoblade was the subject of a loud fan movement to get it and two other JRPG's localized in North America and MOTHER continues to have a massive cult following which resulted in MOTHER 3's fan translation and eventual VC release of Earthbound. And they are dedicated enough to make a fan sequel to MOTHER 3; I don't see any of the same things from the SMRPG fanbase, and if it's happening, it simply ain't prominent enough to get reported on.

- I don't recall SMRPG setting any landmarks for Geno to represent the game as "an important part of Nintendo history". Super Mario Bros 3, 64, New Super Mario Bros and Super Mario Galaxy are all arguably WAY more notable than SMRPG ever was. First Mario RPG? Sure. But I don't see the characters from it returning aside from cameos. And even though I despise the idea of another Mario character as DLC, to represent the RPG side of Mario? Paper Mario is infinitely better. First party and relevant.

So there you go. I do not think Geno is viable with everything I've said. If he's in? I'll gladly eat my words.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
There's more than being highly requested, yes, there's also what you can do with the character. Sakurai can't think of a way to make Ridley true to his character if he's playable, so despite Ridley's high demand, he's not in for this reason. Characters like Lucas, that's different.
You whined about these 'niche' franchises. You DO realize these games sold well? Fates sold more than 3 million on it's first 2 weeks in Japan iirc, Fire Emblem totally niche then. Not to mention Smash made Uprising get done despite being planned a Star Fox game and Fire Emblem being localized because of Smash. Mother/Earthbound is a finished franchise, the creator doesn't want to make anything and feels like the story has been finished perfectly. And again, considering DLC needs to sell, and the fact Lucas and Roy sold well based on fan reaction, it's ironic you're crying about these being niche alongside Geno
You are way off on those Fates numbers. Way off. Try providing some proof. The only reason I bring up the fact that they are niche is because that's the type of shade you throw on Geno. He is niche, but so what, if he is popular and requested, add him, just like all the other characters I mentioned. I hope in the next Smash, they add Waluigi and K Rool, not because I want them, but because many people would like them, more so than all these other characters they prioritize. If Nintendo could negotiate Cloud, when even Sony couldn't negotiate him for their copycat All Star game, that's clear indication Sakurai could probably get whoever he wants

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
On another note, SMRPG is already represented in Smash, anyways; Peach's F-Smash is derived from it and I'm pretty sure some of Bowser and Mario's moves are derived from it. Geno wouldn't even be "repping" Mario RPG, because it's already represented.

SwordOfSeals

Smash Cadet
My Full Wave 5 Prediction

-Smash Bros. x FINAL FANTASY VII
Mii Costumes:
Chocobo Hat (Brawler)
Moogle Hat (Brawler)
Tifa Outfit (Brawler)
Sephiroth Outfit (Swordfighter)
Barrett Outfit (Gunner)

DLC Fighter CLOUD
Midgar Stage: