• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
How incredibly lucky for IC mains that all of those are banned. :laugh:

I'll go ahead and say Rainbow Cruise?

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I think number 3 is like tha answer I wanted, jut thought it was more "controllable".

Mario bros should be kinde good för ICs, CG out of stage, but it´s banned by obvious reasons (marth on that stage anyone?!) Rainbow cruise, easily the worst...

smaci92

Smash Lord
Two Questions:

Why do you climbers have no stage threads? Like srsly.

&

As IC mains, what would you agree are the three best and worst stages for the duo?
ya, we have a stage thread by BlueTerrorist: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197584

I personally like smashville, battlefield, Yoshi's Island for the IC's. I don't like any of the counterpick stages when using IC's (luigi's mansion, moving stages...)

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Luigi's actually has the potential to be extremely good for IC's.
Agreed, blizzard takes like all the opponents space away for approach when done under the second floor. It´s a big stage so they survive better, and noone survives their grabinfinites anyway so the stage is defensively better for them, offensively almost no difference more than the Usmash kills a little later...

Teh Future

Smash Master
Hey do you guys know of any way to charge your upsmash during cgs without using the C-stick? I'm using wiimote and chuck and I think there is a way to do it because it will happen sometimes but it's not consistent at all. Right now Im stuck fthrow to bthrow like two more times than I would normally and it sucks when I mess it up.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
A Sonic took me to Luigi's a while ago and I just ran the timer out on him by camping with alternating blizzards, lol.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
how do i grab with nana? :(
When doing an alternate throw, you must have Nana grab the opponent immediately after Popo releases him/her/it (you can still use the grab button even though Popo is doing something else). You may need to move Nana slightly during the throw so that she is within range to grab.

Wombatt

Smash Rookie
ty, ive not been able to do any of the ic's grab combos yet, i don't normally use grabs anyway -noob-
lol, off to training.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ty, ive not been able to do any of the ic's grab combos yet, i don't normally use grabs anyway -noob-
lol, off to training.
you're not a noob. you don't HAVE to grab with the ICs to be good. its nice to know them, but its not like its a requirement or anything.

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
lol, off to training.
you're not a noob. you don't HAVE to grab with the ICs to be good. its nice to know them, but its not like its a requirement or anything.
Yeah, I agree with FrozenPopo. Personally, I suck at grabs and I'm still a decent IC player.
Oh and..... Can anybody with a render explain how to get your render on the web once you have your pic set up to be a render.

smaci92

Smash Lord
hey, anyone want to answer my question: Is there anything wrong with killing nana at the beginning and using popo the whole game??? cause for some reason I'm amazing with popo and I **** everyone so badly...lol :)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
...well not per-say. i guess if you like playing a SoPo better then thats fine. i'd personally practice SoPo so that should the situation arise where you are alone yo aren't completely defenseless.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i personally play better with popo as well but i would think u would want to do as much damage with both then when nana dies = u win lol. make them think they got u where they want u then. . . WAM! sopo CG then go for the kill

smaci92

Smash Lord
i personally play better with popo as well but i would think u would want to do as much damage with both then when nana dies = u win lol. make them think they got u where they want u then. . . WAM! sopo CG then go for the kill
ya I think you're right...I'll play with both of them. but what do you guys think about playing your IC's in sync for the majority of the game?

cause I'm thinking of bringing desyncing in later...

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I rarely ever de-sync during matches because Im mainly focusing on killing them, then focusing on 0-deathing once Re-spawned. I sometimes do the de-synced blizzard/squall combo though, good for racking damage.

smaci92

Smash Lord
ya I don't desync much, but when I do, it's usually alternating IB's or blizzards. And I like using a walking fsmash with nana just for the lulz :chuckle:

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Eh, I love desynching because it racks up damage from specials, and it feels satisfying on doing it like N Squall -> P Blizzard -> N U-air. But yeah, I normally desynch most of my specials into an aerial. But I synch my aerials and tilts though... obviously.

I never knew desynching was overrated, I thought the chaingrabs were. 0.0

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Too much desynching will get you killed. True fact.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
...i just sort of go with whatever happens. i don't exactly try to go out of my way to desync (except for the 1-2-3 GO! Desync). i just sort of play and whatever happens, happens. i will admit, i have been going for the grab more and more, but just to set up for an ice block lock... and those screw me up half the time so i really should just stop that.

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
How do you CG above 50%? o.O i tried but they either stay down or just bounce back up too high to Grab again...

and is there any other Stationary CG other than:

p backthrow-> n downthrow -> p backthrow etc
alternating Backthrows

^_^;;

smaci92

Smash Lord
How do you CG above 50%? o.O i tried but they either stay down or just bounce back up too high to Grab again...

and is there any other Stationary CG other than:

p backthrow-> n downthrow -> p backthrow etc
alternating Backthrows

^_^;;
you just have to practice the timing...alternating grabs are always harder to pull off at high %'s.

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys guess what!!!! I just figured out the timing for back cg's!!!! But I can't get more than 2 throws using it. I know its timing but is there some trick to get nana to throw right away instead of having to wait for popo to move that way?? Thanks Much

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Alright, question time!
1) Is tap jump better on or off? (I use off currently)

2) What aerial is best for vertical and horizontal recovery?

Thanks. ^_K

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
Alright, question time!
1) Is tap jump better on or off? (I use off currently)

2) What aerial is best for vertical and horizontal recovery?

Thanks. ^_K
Well........... I prefer to have it off because then you don't have to deal with an accidental jump when you're trying to do a tilt move. And I like using n-air and f-air for recovery.

smaci92

Smash Lord
At reapd: to make nana throw to popo faster, just put popo in his position faster...

At: Bombe1c: tap jump off works better for a lot of people....and fair is best for recovery...

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Also, move one IC just a little in front of the other IC when fthrowing to reach higher percents w/o reaching the edge. :3

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey guys!!!

I'm wondering what the best way to finish off a p bthrow-> n dthrow chain grab would be. I usually end it with an n bthrow->charged p upsmash, but I don't feel like I'm being as efficient as possible. Is there a different ending I should be using?

Also, I'm having some difficulty with the p bthrow-> n bthrow chaingrab. I can do exactly 4 bthrows before popo is too far from nana to do it again. I'm then forced to n bthrow-> turn around->p grab or just dthrow with nana after the fourth bthrow. I'd like to keep the regular bthrow chaingrab going though.

I could probably upload some short vids of what I'm doing [wrong] if it would help answer my questions.
-thanks in advance

Top Bottom