• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Disney Discussion

Are you excited for Toy Story 4?

• No, I thought the trilogy ended perfectly. Pixar should move onto something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I never really liked Toy Story.

• Yes, I didn't really grow up with the original trilogy but I would love to see the characters again!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I'm excited for their upcoming movies such as Moana and Wreck It Ralph 2.
I'm mostly excited for Wreck-it Ralph 2 out of the two (along with the Incredibles II, which is the one I'm more hyped about), I'm betting we'll get news on both (along with the remaining sequels lined up) in next year's D23 (sans Cars 3 as it'll be out before that a month earlier).

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ever imagine Pixar make a short or even a movie that is DARK and EMOTIONAL?
Well check this out, this was made by some Pixar employees.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I play Disney Magic Kingdoms on my iPad, and they're currently having a Halloween event where you unlock this kookus maximus named Jack. Where did this weird guy come from?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I play Disney Magic Kingdoms on my iPad, and they're currently having a Halloween event where you unlock this kookus maximus named Jack. Where did this weird guy come from?
You play it too? I only started about a month Or two ago, haha. I'm only just unlocking Mike Wazowski now, while also trying to unlock Jack Skellington. Only nine bow ties to go. :p

Still outraged that Jack Sparrow's a really expensive premium character, but I'm slowly saving up gems obtained through level ups and things...only a quarter of the way there.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You play it too? I only started about a month Or two ago, haha. I'm only just unlocking Mike Wazowski now, while also trying to unlock Jack Skellington. Only nine bow ties to go. :p

Still outraged that Jack Sparrow's a really expensive premium character, but I'm slowly saving up gems obtained through level ups and things...only a quarter of the way there.
Ive been playing since the summer. I'm still trying to unlock Cecilia.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Can I just express my disappointment with Dinsey's decision to turn California Adventure's Tower of Terror into a Guardians of the Galaxy-themed ride?

Because it's coming off to me as yet another one of Disney's attempts to replace something old and perfectly fine as it was with something newer and more relevant. There's no other reason for the change. The ride is one of the most popular in the parks right now as it is, and it adds something nice to it's atmosphere just by being there. This is actually coming from someone who doesn't even like to ride it (I rode it once as a kid) I still think it's a bad decision and that the area just won't feel the same without the tower's presence. And hundreds of thousands of people who do like to go on the ride,are clearly upset with the decision (vocally, too). and rightfully so.

I feel a similar way about their decision to take out a good chunk of Frontier Land to make room for Star Wars land, only that one is on a much larger scale and comes with the additional motivation to milk the franchise for more money. Both ideas are completely unnecessary additions and replacements, imo.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Can I just express my disappointment with Dinsey's decision to turn California Adventure's Tower of Terror into a Guardians of the Galaxy-themed ride?

Because it's coming off to me as yet another one of Disney's attempts to replace something old and perfectly fine as it was with something newer and more relevant. There's no other reason for the change. The ride is one of the most popular in the parks right now as it is, and it adds something nice to it's atmosphere just by being there. This is actually coming from someone who doesn't even like to ride it (I rode it once as a kid) I still think it's a bad decision and that the area just won't feel the same without the tower's presence. And hundreds of thousands of people who do like to go on the ride,are clearly upset with the decision (vocally, too). and rightfully so.

I feel a similar way about their decision to take out a good chunk of Frontier Land to make room for Star Wars land, only that one is on a much larger scale and comes with the additional motivation to milk the franchise for more money. Both ideas are completely unnecessary additions and replacements, imo.
I'm fine with it if only because it actually falls in line with Walt's original vision: that the park should evolve, some attractions switch out, some things change, to make Disneyland ever-evolving. Due to zoning issues they can't just build outwards, so to keep that ever-changing vision alive, some things need to change.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
In other news: Disney/Pixar has made a release date swap and it's pretty big news.

The Incredibles II will now be released on June 15, 2018, while Toy Story gets pushed back yet again to take the original release date of June 21, 2019.

I'm guessing the 2nd Incredibles is nearly complete at this point, now we gotta start guessing who may be back and who might not be (obviously Spencer Fox is not returning to voice Dash pulling a Nemo on us, along with possibly Jack-Jack's own voice actors as they were played by babies in the first film (although recycling the original recordings from the first film wouldn't be hard to do).

It's a given that the parents, Violet, Frozone and Edna are going to to keep their respective voice actors (as they're still around and still doing work), Syndrome I hope stays out of this sequel aside from important flashbacks to explain the new villain's plans and motivations with the unused scenes from the first film.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just hope Don Rickles is still alive when Toy Story 4 releases. :/

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I just hope Don Rickles is still alive when Toy Story 4 releases. :/
He will be, although I'm expecting this to be his last film, meaning expect a new Mr. Potato Head voice for a possible 5th Toy Story (if we ever get one).

Although at this point Bonnie is now going to be 10 years old (or was going to be, now she'll be 11 and likely dump the Toys with Bo's current owner) thereby repeating the Andy story from the 3rd film, it's only natural to prevent future installments, I mean Toy Story can't go on forever and Don Rickles is proof (as is Tom Hanks and Tim Allen who are both quite old themselves)

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Opossum Opossum hows your progress on DMK coming along? I just unlocked Cinderella last night. I have the stuff to unlock Roz, but I'm trying to get more magic so I don't get totally bankrupt by buying her.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum Opossum hows your progress on DMK coming along? I just unlocked Cinderella last night. I have the stuff to unlock Roz, but I'm trying to get more magic so I don't get totally bankrupt by buying her.
Quickly coming to the realization that I'm likely not getting Sally in time. :p

Right now I've been focusing on leveling up characters, but I did unlock Mike and built the Laugh Floor, so I've also been doing his quests. Goofy's currently the only one at Max Level, though Woody and Mickey are level nine, with Tinker Bell at eight. Will Turner's also at five, one level away from the Pirates characters' max level.

Do you know when Cinderella unlocks? I still need to build the Carrousel for that one quest, so I'm not sure how long after that it is.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Do you know when Cinderella unlocks? I still need to build the Carrousel for that one quest, so I'm not sure how long after that it is.
It won't be too long after the carousel is built that you get to collect things to unlock Cinderella.

But fair warning...

It took me A MONTH AND A HALF to unlock her. The items necessary are pretty rare, so you might need to have a lot of patience.

Also, I might not be able to finish this whole Halloween stuff in time either.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It won't be too long after the carousel is built that you get to collect things to unlock Cinderella.

But fair warning...

It took me A MONTH AND A HALF to unlock her. The items necessary are pretty rare, so you might need to have a lot of patience.

Also, I might not be able to finish this whole Halloween stuff in time either.
Nothing can be worse than all the time I spent waiting for Prince Charming's gloves to spawn. :p

Also, I just got the quest to unlock Sulley, so that makes two characters in my backlog I need to welcome (him and Elizabeth Swann). :laugh:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Nothing can be worse than all the time I spent waiting for Prince Charming's gloves to spawn. :p

Also, I just got the quest to unlock Sulley, so that makes two characters in my backlog I need to welcome (him and Elizabeth Swann). :laugh:
Oh. Forgot how long the glove thing took.

My current backlog consists of Roz, Eva, Elizabeth Swann, and Pete)

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
In other worthy Incredibles II's news, Holly Hunter is confirmed to reprise her role in the upcoming sequel, according to the Hollywood Reporter website.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Watched Moana last week and I loved it especially seeing how her character develops throughout the film.

Anyways, not sure if this counts but since Disney owns Marvel, any thoughts on the new Spiderman: Homecoming trailer?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Watched Moana last week and I loved it especially seeing how her character develops throughout the film.

Anyways, not sure if this counts but since Disney owns Marvel, any thoughts on the new Spiderman: Homecoming trailer?
I thought it was great! They actually made the Vulture really menacing, too. Plus, Iron Man hype.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
That's nice. With Brad Bird directing again, I wonder if Edna Mode will return. She really makes me laugh.
She'll be back, she's supposed to have a pretty big role to play in the second film (I'm betting it's going to be backstory relating to her past or something involving superheroes (her being an actual Super would be quite a twist, even though it wouldn't be out in the ordinary (a big twist would be that she's actually Violet's future counterpart (which could explain why Violet is short for a teenager of her age).

In other news (abit a bit late on my part and I do apologize since I have not been on this site much), Frozone is back, as they have officially started recording his lines for the sequel (on Samuel's Facebook page).

Which means that they may have already got the rest of the cast in order (no doubt that Sarah Vowell will reprise her role as Violet), I'm hoping Dash has a new voice actor (even if Raymond Ochoa returns, he sounds far too old to voice Dash now, so I'm thinking Hayden Rolence or that new kid that's playing Miguel in Coco (forget his name) could take up the voice if needed).

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Not surprised at all, Spidey was already set to appear in that movie from the get-go (as part of the deal between Sony and Marvel), least it's good we have actual confirmation.
Considering that Stark told (Peter) him that he is not ready to become an Avenger, I have a feeling that Homecoming will be served as a way to build Peter/Spiderman up into a proper hero.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Considering that Stark told (Peter) him that he is not ready to become an Avenger, I have a feeling that Homecoming will be served as a way to build Peter/Spiderman up into a proper hero.
Basically so-to speak, it'll build him up into becoming an Avenger in time for the Infinity War movie next year.

2nd film (the one in 2019 which will come out after the 2nd Avengers film) will probably show Parker becoming an awesome hero beyond anyone that has ever seen.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Basically so-to speak, it'll build him up into becoming an Avenger in time for the Infinity War movie next year.

2nd film (the one in 2019 which will come out after the 2nd Avengers film) will probably show Parker becoming an awesome hero beyond anyone that has ever seen.
Well, looks like we will definitely see Spiderman in the Avengers: Infinity War movie.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
After watching Dr. Strange, someone will have to chloroform me into watching another Marvel movie, because I am not going to see another one by my own accord anymore. I bet that Infinity War is going to be the most anticlimatic thing ever, and that Spiderman Homecoming will play out like a Disney Channel movie (cheesy teen drama).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
After watching Dr. Strange, someone will have to chloroform me into watching another Marvel movie, because I am not going to see another one by my own accord anymore. I bet that Infinity War is going to be the most anticlimatic thing ever, and that Spiderman Homecoming will play out like a Disney Channel movie (cheesy teen drama).
Any reason why?

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Any reason why?
It all goes back to Age of Ultron, when they threw a 3 hour mess at my face. Then everyone was hyping up Antman so I watched it, and it was a mediocrity IMO and I must have been the only one who didn't laugh at the mexican dudes. I am mexican, I should have find it funny. Then I watched Civil War. I though it would be great but it was another 3 hour mess. Then I watched the one movie that killed my interest of superhero movies: Dr Strange. I told my classmates I disliked it and they went all "How dare you? The special effects are great!" And I am "Those seizure inducing backgrounds? What about the blander than bread characters? And the confusing pacing?" Or how a newbie mage defeated that purple dude?" I also find it worrysome that everyone is hyping up Infinity War to be "the good one", saying that all of those bland boring messes were setups, I am like "excuse me, but I paid to see the movie in the theater, if I am paying for seeing commercials then what's the point?" And there you go, the story of my life.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It all goes back to Age of Ultron, when they threw a 3 hour mess at my face. Then everyone was hyping up Antman so I watched it, and it was a mediocrity IMO and I must have been the only one who didn't laugh at the mexican dudes. I am mexican, I should have find it funny. Then I watched Civil War. I though it would be great but it was another 3 hour mess. Then I watched the one movie that killed my interest of superhero movies: Dr Strange. I told my classmates I disliked it and they went all "How dare you? The special effects are great!" And I am "Those seizure inducing backgrounds? What about the blander than bread characters? And the confusing pacing?" Or how a newbie mage defeated that purple dude?" I also find it worrysome that everyone is hyping up Infinity War to be "the good one", saying that all of those bland boring messes were setups, I am like "excuse me, but I paid to see the movie in the theater, if I am paying for seeing commercials then what's the point?" And there you go, the story of my life.
Not dissing or trying to undermine your opinion or anything, but I felt I'd give my perspective.

Age of Ultron was a definite step down from the first Avengers film. I don't outright hate it as much as some do, but it definitely has issues and is definitely in my bottom third of the MCU personally. I will say that it introduced some neat things that future films ended up doing better, but that in and of itself isn't much. The Bruce/Natasha thing was so forced it hurt. I did really like the Hawkeye parts though. If nothing else, Age of Ultron succeeded with Hawkeye.

Ant-Man I enjoyed just because of Scott being so likable. Paul Rudd did a great job, and so did Michael Peña IMO. Kind of surprised to see you didn't like Luis; he's generally pretty well liked from what I've seen. To each their own. My one big gripe with Ant-Man was the common Marvel movie problem of the villain being bland as hell just to be killed off. I think it would have been better to let Cross live to have him come back in a sequel. It's not like Ant-Man's rogues gallery is huge anyway, especially with Ultron's origins being retconned in the MCU. Egghead is the only big one I can think of.

What part of Civil War did you think was a mess? I thought it was fantastic. If you could elaborate, that'd be great.

With Doctor Strange, as well, I definitely disagree. It's in my personal top three of the MCU. Yeah, being a big fan of the character prior to the movie may have something to do with it, but it could also bring a different perspective, eventually. At its core, it's an origin story film, and I understand how those can get exhausting, but considering it's also fleshing out the concept of magic in the MCU, it also stands apart on its own, I think.

Seizure-inducing? Anecdotal of course, but I get motion sickness incredibly easily, and yet I was fine watching this in theaters. The special effects were top notch. I wouldn't say you not being able to handle them is the fault of the film itself. As for the characters, I'd argue that the three main protagonists (Strange, Mordo, and the Ancient One) are a thing but bland, and in fact, multilayered and pretty well developed. Strange starts out as an arrogant neurosurgeon but gains humility. He has his entire world crumble before him and later reshapes it into something he previously was too stuck in his ways to consider. Mordo and the Ancient One, as well as Kaecilius, I'll put in spoiler tags since the film is still fairly new.

Mordo, Kaecilius, and especially the Ancient One gain quite a bit of character development after the revelation of the Ancient One using Dark Dimension energy to extend her life. It throws Mordo for a loop, messing with his preconceived notions of right and wrong, and leads to his eventual turn against the Mystic Arts and his start as a villain. This was also the reason for Kaecilius' turn. I won't pretend he's the MOST interesting Marvel villain (Zemo, Loki, Grant Ward, Kingpin, and Kilgrave are hard to beat), but he's definitely more fleshed out than many give him credit for. He actually has motivations and a logical reason for leaving Kamar Taj.

This also casts the Ancient One in a more morally ambiguous light, which adds depth to her character. Putting her duty as the Sorcerer Supreme of Earth above all else, even if it means deconstructing the fabric of time to give eternal life, and keeping that secret for herself.
I didn't mention Wong or Christine since they're more of side characters than anything.

I don't understand what was confusing about the pacing either. It seemed pretty fluid to me.

I'll leave the last bit in spoilers since it's a pretty heavy one.
If Strange had overpowered Dormammu, or killed him outright, I'd be inclined to agree with you. That wasn't the case, however. The movie went out of its way beforehand to iterate how the Dark Dimension was a plane of existence beyond the concept of time, considering this was Kaecilius' goal and something the Ancient One exploited.

Strange didn't "defeat" Dormammu at all. He outwitted and annoyed him by using Time to his advantage. He knew full well Dormammu was an eldritch abomination of untold power, but the concept of Time is equally foreign to Dormammu himself. By creating a time loop, Strange was essentially eternally resetting their meeting with both retaining their memories of it. So in the end, it was just easier for Dormammu to fulfill Strange's request than to kill him, since he wasn't ABLE to when Strange possessed the Eye of Agomotto.

It wasn't a cop out. It was the movie taking the rules it already established about the Dark Dimension to their logical conclusion, and something Strange himself would be very capable of doing at that point. Like I said, if he'd had beaten or even killed Dormammu, I'd agree with you, but the fact remains that he didn't.

So yeah, those are my thoughts.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
http://collider.com/the-incredibles-2-samuel-l-jackson-frozone/

Seems to me that Jackson only did a full day of recording his lines (won't be the last though as he's supposed to have a big role in this film), and it seems the sequel might focus on Jack-Jack after all, partially confirming some of the rumors that have been thrown around over the last few years (although I'm thinking he'll be a strong side character throughout the story and be built up for his eventual role in the climatic final battle, I just cannot picture Jack-Jack being the lead in this film and if he's indeed the main focus, they'll obviously bring back Syndrome as the main villain and basically repeat his promise from the first film, setting up the baby as a supervillain turn.)

Granted this could be a trick as Jackson said the same exact thing the moment after the sequel was confirmed back in 14.

Top Bottom