• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Disney Discussion

Are you excited for Toy Story 4?

• No, I thought the trilogy ended perfectly. Pixar should move onto something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I never really liked Toy Story.

• Yes, I didn't really grow up with the original trilogy but I would love to see the characters again!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Since this is a Disney discussion, you guys should DEFINITELY check out Star vs the Forces of Evil! It's totally the new Phineas and Ferb! Personally, I think it's even better :p
Do you mean in the sense that it will become a major hit, and be one of Disney Channel's longest running animated series like PaP and KP or do you mean its similar to the format of PaP?

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
no more like it got the potential to be the next big thing :p It's only been running for 1 season yet so too early to tell for sure. But it's definitely good enough and already is nominated to several emmys :p

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
no more like it got the potential to be the next big thing :p It's only been running for 1 season yet so too early to tell for sure. But it's definitely good enough and already is nominated to several emmys :p
Is it on the main Disney channel or just XD I can't remember? It definitely does have potential, but if Disney wants to make it the next big thing, they need to pump out lots of merchandise and promotion. Disney Infinity would help, but I doubt there would be any character representation, at least for 3.0.

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
XD so far. But this is how every channel works; New concepts always start on the smaller niche channels to gain an audience and to try the waters. If it's a hit, then they put it over to the main channel and increase the budget.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
After finally going through a conflicted dilemma involving my favorite character possibly changing in the sequel, a sequel focusing on an older Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack is the way to go at this point for the 2nd Incredibles (have we ever got a film that focused on a death in the family? (not counting Up with Carl losing his wife and Marlin losing Coral, even though the latter's death is what started the events in Nemo anyways.)

I'm thinking Mr. Incredible's going to die and his death causes the family to break up as a team with Helen going back into hiding in shame with Violet and Dash struggling to live up to the hype and legacy their dad had as a superhero with Jack-Jack being more affected by it causing that personal loss to turn him evil (along with the hidden forgotten memories of Syndrome).

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Here's my idea for a roster for a Disney fighting game,
Disney

1. King Mickey
  2. Donald Duck
  3. Goofy
  4. Queen Minnie
  5. Daisy Duck
  6. Scrooge McDuck
  7. Darkwing Duck
  8. Pete
  9. Nega Duck
  10. Megavolt
  11. Stitch
  12. Elsa
  13. Mulan
  14. Merida
  15. Rapunzel
  16. Tigger
  17. Gopher
  18. Rabbit
  19. Wreck it Ralph
  20. Sgt. Calhoun
  21. Turbo aka King Candy
  22. Maleficent
  23. Kim Possible
  24. Shego
  25. Ron Stoppable
  26. Monkey Fist
  27. Perry the Platypus
  28. Doofinsmirtz
  29. Phineas
  30. Pherb
  31. Goliath
  32. Demona
  33. Xanatos
  34. The Horned King
  35. Jack Skellington
  36. Oogie Boogie
  37. Mr. Incredible
  38. Elastigirl
  39. Dash
  40. Violet
  41. Syndrome
  42. Hiro
  43. Baymax
  44. Timon and Pumba
  45. Simba
  46. Scar
  47. Aladdin
  48. Jafar
  49. Genie
  50. Beast
  51. Gaston
  52. Jack Sparrow
  53. Barbossa
  54. Davy Jones
  55. Elizabeth Swan
  56. Will Turner
  57. Sam Flyn
  58. Quora
  59. Peter Pan
  60. Captain Hook
  61. Tinkerbell
  62. Alice
  63. Mad Hatter
  64. Cheshire Cat
  65. Queen of Hearts
  66. Sully
  67. Mike
  68. Randal
  69. Woody
  70. Buzz Lightyear
  71. Zurg
  72. Dr. Facilier
  73. Baloo
  74. Sher Kahn (either quadrupedal (Jungle Book) or bipedal (Talespin))
  75. Star Butterfly
  76. Wanderer and Sylveon
  77. Lord Hater
  78. Dipper
  79. Mabel
  80. Bill
  81. Stan
  82. Jake Long
  83. Rose
  84. The Huntsman
  85. The Lone Ranger
  86. Tonto
  87. Hercules
  88. Hades
  89. Tarzan
  90. Clayton
  91. Milo
  92. Kida
  93. Mole
  94. Ratigen
  95. Frollo
  96. Jim Hawkins
  97. John Silver
  98. Judy Hopps
  99. Nick Wilde
  100. Sora
Marvel
  1. Captain America
  2. Hulk
  3. Iron Man
  4. Thor
  5. Loki
  6. Black Widow
  7. Hawkeye
  8. Ultron
  9. Black Panther
  10. Spiderman
  11. Deadpool
  12. Vision
  13. Scarlet Witch
  14. Ant Man
  15. Rocket Raccoon
(I don't have that much knowledge on Marvel so that's why I've only listed 14 characters)

Star Wars
  1. Darth Vader
  2. Darth Maul
  3. Luke Skywalker
  4. Obi-Wan Kenobi
  5. Yoda
  6. Anakin Skywalker
  7. Padme
  8. General Grievous
  9. Asajj Ventress
  10. Ahsoka
  11. Count Dooku
  12. Mace Windu
  13. Boba Fett
  14. Captain Rex
  15. Ezra
  16. Kanaan
  17. Sabine
  18. Zeb
  19. Hera
  20. Leia
  21. Han Solo
  22. Chewbaka
  23. Kylo Ren
  24. Rei
  25. Finn
  26. Lando
  27. Savage Opress
  28. Qui-Gon Jinn
  29. Jar-Jar Binks (Playable Punching bag, perform all your epic character and stage KOs on him)
  30. Darth Sideous aka Emperor Palpatine

So yeah there's my list. I mainly chose characters that are good fighters.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I bring news from a Disney magazine in France.
Blegh.

So I'm slightly disappointed, but only slightly, since I was expecting this to happen. Another Disney Infinity leak happened, and we're getting Alice and The Mad Hatter!

...In their live action "Through the Looking Glass" versions, most likely, as the Lord of Time from the film is also included.

I'll be upfront: I was not at all a fan of the 2010 film, while I loved the 1951 animated version, and TTLG is looking to meet a similar level of distaste already, for me. I'd hoped Baloo was a sign that they'd start doing classic over remake, but alas. Now I'll just worry sick for when Belle and the Beast get added when the live action Beauty and the Beast rolls around. :/

*Still crosses fingers for Dipper and Mabel in 3.0*

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Blegh.

So I'm slightly disappointed, but only slightly, since I was expecting this to happen. Another Disney Infinity leak happened, and we're getting Alice and The Mad Hatter!

...In their live action "Through the Looking Glass" versions, most likely, as the Lord of Time from the film is also included.

I'll be upfront: I was not at all a fan of the 2010 film, while I loved the 1951 animated version, and TTLG is looking to meet a similar level of distaste already, for me. I'd hoped Baloo was a sign that they'd start doing classic over remake, but alas. Now I'll just worry sick for when Belle and the Beast get added when the live action Beauty and the Beast rolls around. :/

The classics are officially dead and have been for many years now ever since the 1st Alice film came out (hence why they are going for the LA version of Alice as predicted, which means another Johnny Depp based figure), remakes are the norm now sadly and are going to end up forcing Hollywood to go back to the glory days of the 30s if they keep this up, the only figures that are considered classics in the lineup are Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Aladdin, Jasmine, Tinkerbell and eventually Peter Pan.

If you want to get super technical, Baloo's figure is considered a classic version of the character (since that's who it's based on), but it's promoting the LA-remake of The Jungle Book, so he's both classic and remake, proving Disney does care about the classics, look at these films 50 years from now, they'll be considered classics as well as the older films are slowly retired.

Plus a LA-version of Belle would sell like hotcakes because Hermione Granger's actress (Emma Watson, who's highly underrated as an actress, mind you) is playing her in the remake and would resonate with the HP cast who grew up during that heyday (Disney knew why they brought her in for Belle), you'd know once Belle is officially confirmed as a playable character the HP fans will come crawling at Disney just to get her figure as Belle would be the closest thing to Hermione we're going to get (I for one would buy her if she got in as I loved the HP series in general) just as long as Emma can reprise her role for the game (that 1 animated movie with a swashbuckling mouse proves she can do animated voicework (anyone can actually).

Dipper and Mabel's chances are dwindling at this moment with Alice and the Mad Matter now leaked (as the list now goes from 9 to 7), I'm more worried about Kim Possible and Darkwing Duck (along with Lilo) not making it in at this point.

Also not all live action remakes are terrible (aside from Cinderella and Maleficent which were the only 2 really bad remakes, the 1st Alice film is very debatable), the new Jungle Book movie looks to keep things classic meaning Disney has somewhat learned from their mistakes not to tarnish their original films when remaking them and not to try to make every king turn evil (which is what ruined Cinderella as the king in the original was good, but in the remake they turned him evil).

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

The classics are officially dead and have been for many years now ever since the 1st Alice film came out (hence why they are going for the LA version of Alice as predicted, which means another Johnny Depp based figure), remakes are the norm now sadly and are going to end up forcing Hollywood to go back to the glory days of the 30s if they keep this up, the only figures that are considered classics in the lineup are Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Aladdin, Jasmine, Tinkerbell and eventually Peter Pan.

If you want to get super technical, Baloo's figure is considered a classic version of the character (since that's who it's based on), but it's promoting the LA-remake of The Jungle Book, so he's both classic and remake, proving Disney does care about the classics, look at these films 50 years from now, they'll be considered classics as well as the older films are slowly retired.

Plus a LA-version of Belle would sell like hotcakes because Hermione Granger's actress (Emma Watson, who's highly underrated as an actress, mind you) is playing her in the remake and would resonate with the HP cast who grew up during that heyday (Disney knew why they brought her in for Belle), you'd know once Belle is officially confirmed as a playable character the HP fans will come crawling at Disney just to get her figure as Belle would be the closest thing to Hermione we're going to get (I for one would buy her if she got in as I loved the HP series in general) just as long as Emma can reprise her role for the game (that 1 animated movie with a swashbuckling mouse proves she can do animated voicework (anyone can actually).

Dipper and Mabel's chances are dwindling at this moment with Alice and the Mad Matter now leaked (as the list now goes from 9 to 7), I'm more worried about Kim Possible and Darkwing Duck (along with Lilo) not making it in at this point.

Also not all live action remakes are terrible (aside from Cinderella and Maleficent which were the only 2 really bad remakes, the 1st Alice film is very debatable), the new Jungle Book movie looks to keep things classic meaning Disney has somewhat learned from their mistakes not to tarnish their original films when remaking them and not to try to make every king turn evil (which is what ruined Cinderella as the king in the original was good, but in the remake they turned him evil).
Just a correction, it's down to six. Time's also getting a figure from the new movie. It's how we know it's the live action versions they're using. :p

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Just a correction, it's down to six. Time's also getting a figure from the new movie. It's how we know it's the live action versions they're using. :p
6 left, well we know it's not going to be Dipper, Mabel, Darkwing Duck, or Kim Possible (Peter Pan is the final character for the game), but it's anyone's game.

What about the remaining Star Wars or Marvel guys? (Aren't they getting new figures down the road? All I do know is that the Rouge One gang has a huge shot to be the 5 remaining SW characters (as the film opens in May) the Marvel 1 I'm very confused on.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
6 left, well we know it's not going to be Dipper, Mabel, Darkwing Duck, or Kim Possible (Peter Pan is the final character for the game), but it's anyone's game.

What about the remaining Star Wars or Marvel guys? (Aren't they getting new figures down the road? All I do know is that the Rouge One gang has a huge shot to be the 5 remaining SW characters (as the film opens in May) the Marvel 1 I'm very confused on.)
I wouldn't count out Gravity Falls characters yet. They definitely do listen to demand, what with additions like Mulan and Aladdin who were popular enough to not need anything to market, and Gravity Falls figures have been in demand since at least early pre-release 2.0. Not to mention Disney's still doing things with it merchandise-wise post finale, which is a good sign.

I think they've still got good odds. Maybe they're waiting til after the finale. :p

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I wouldn't count out Gravity Falls characters yet. They definitely do listen to demand, what with additions like Mulan and Aladdin who were popular enough to not need anything to market, and Gravity Falls figures have been in demand since at least early pre-release 2.0. Not to mention Disney's still doing things with it merchandise-wise post finale, which is a good sign.

I think they've still got good odds. Maybe they're waiting til after the finale. :p
True, you have a very good point, but I'm still waiting on who the remaining Marvel and Star Wars characters are going to be (I know for sure the Rouge One group is a very likely safe bet to be getting figures (and if they get a playset, Vader could be playable in it (along with the remaining SW cast).

Imagine stealing the Death Star plans as Leia herself, or worst Darth Vader.:awesome:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

True, you have a very good point, but I'm still waiting on who the remaining Marvel and Star Wars characters are going to be (I know for sure the Rouge One group is a very likely safe bet to be getting figures (and if they get a playset, Vader could be playable in it (along with the remaining SW cast).

Imagine stealing the Death Star plans as Leia herself, or worst Darth Vader.:awesome:
Honestly my only bets for Star Wars are Grievous, Emperor Palpatine, Rogue One characters, and MAYBE one character pulling a Yondu (maybe Lando in this case?).

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Blegh.

Kind of expected that, and that's 2 more characters off the ballot. 6 more to go, Through the looking glass comes out in May, so I'll just assume that's the cut off date. (could be wrong though). Thus my predictions for the final 6

1. Darkwing Duck
Has massive popularity

2. Mabel
Again mad popularity

3. Kim Possible
Call me crazy, but I think she has a chance plus she has lots of fans

4. Moana ?
Possibly, but her movie doesn't come out until November so it would make sense to save her for 4.0

5. Goofy
I think he's got a good shot.

6. 2nd GF character/ 2nd KP character ?
I'm just guessing at this point.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
We are either getting both Dipper and Mabel, or neither. They wouldn't put in just one.

I recently got Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMIX. It's my first KH game.
Holy crap, Kingdom Hearts is so dang good. I seriously love this game. I'm getting really interested in the whole KH series because of it.
Here's hoping for a Toy Story world in KH3 :).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So no one ANYWHERE has noticed this, but I found this on Disney Infinity's Twitter, and I think it might be relevant, possibly.

On the surface, it's a cute little image they made for the Super Bowl. With the recent leaks of Alice, Mad Hatter, and Baloo, all townspeople in the background are also playable characters (I think with Rinzler they meant to put Sam, but goofed). Jack Sparrow, Jack Skellington, Baloo, Tinker Bell, Alice, Mad Hatter, Dash, Elsa, Donald, Stitch...

Dipper and Oswald.

Just a theory, but those two might actually be playable. Dipper would of course signify that Mabel's coming as well. And Oswald would be an unexpected but great surprise.

Just a theory that might not have weight, but...it's something to think about. The one thing throwing me off is the character directly under Razoul's armpit...is that Olaf or Happy? Or someone else?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So no one ANYWHERE has noticed this, but I found this on Disney Infinity's Twitter, and I think it might be relevant, possibly.

On the surface, it's a cute little image they made for the Super Bowl. With the recent leaks of Alice, Mad Hatter, and Baloo, all townspeople in the background are also playable characters (I think with Rinzler they meant to put Sam, but goofed). Jack Sparrow, Jack Skellington, Baloo, Tinker Bell, Alice, Mad Hatter, Dash, Elsa, Donald, Stitch...

Dipper and Oswald.

Just a theory, but those two might actually be playable. Dipper would of course signify that Mabel's coming as well. And Oswald would be an unexpected but great surprise.

Just a theory that might not have weight, but...it's something to think about. The one thing throwing me off is the character directly under Razoul's armpit...is that Olaf or Happy? Or someone else?
It could also possibly hint at Kim Possible. She is a cheerleader, cheerleaders are at football games, football has a huge role in season 4. I'm looking too deeply into this.:psycho:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Kind of expected that, and that's 2 more characters off the ballot. 6 more to go, Through the looking glass comes out in May, so I'll just assume that's the cut off date. (could be wrong though). Thus my predictions for the final 6

1. Darkwing Duck
Has massive popularity

2. Mabel
Again mad popularity

3. Kim Possible
Call me crazy, but I think she has a chance plus she has lots of fans

4. Moana ?
Possibly, but her movie doesn't come out until November so it would make sense to save her for 4.0

5. Goofy
I think he's got a good shot.

6. 2nd GF character/ 2nd KP character ?
I'm just guessing at this point.
My predictions:

1. Darkwing Duck (insanely popular and has been planned to be in Infinity right from the beginning, but lost out to some characters).

2./3. Dipper and Mable (Gravity Falls has just ended and what's a better way to honor that, by adding in the show's 2 main stars).

4. Kim Possible (I would be 100% stunned if she didn't make it in, she's basically the late 2000s version of Stitch even though her show started at the exact time era Stitch's did).

5. Oswald (recently had his rights re-acquired by Disney and appears as part of Mickey's Super move, he's a safe pick.)

6. Either Ron Stoppable or another Disney Princess.

Moana is definitely being saved for 4.0, along with Goofy they're both shoo-ins for 4.0, also don't be shocked if we start getting our long awaited updates to 1.0 and 2.0 characters starting in 4.0 (as Pirates has a movie coming out in May of next year which is during 4.0's lifespan, so that means Will is getting a figure (since he's the new Davy Jones), while Jack and Barbossa get figure re-poses to match their new look for the film (along with the original figures getting the same update moveset, I can see Davy Jones being an unlockable via the champion coin system within the playset if they get one.)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So Infinity's having a big event on March 1st called Disney Infinity Next, where they'll go into the future of Infinity. Honestly I'm only expecting to "learn" about what was already leaked (Baloo, Ant-Man, Vision, Black Panther, and maybe the Alice Through the Looking Glass playset), but...I did notice this.
Coincidence Maybe.png
Coincidence?

...Probably. :p

ItsASquid

Smash Apprentice
Forced myself to watch The Lion Guard recently; I'm a long term fan of the first two films, but after the train wreck that was the 3rd film, I was worried this series would be bad, making the series as a whole "50/50." My fears were unfounded though; it suits its target audience very well, while still be a good show for a fan to watch.

Oh and by the way, lead character Kion? He's adorable. Like nothing else can compare.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
Wondering if Square Enix should partner with Disney to release a few Kingdom Hearts based figures. We've already received the key blade weapon and the King Mickey costume, I wonder if they could go even further.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So Infinity's having a big event on March 1st called Disney Infinity Next, where they'll go into the future of Infinity. Honestly I'm only expecting to "learn" about what was already leaked (Baloo, Ant-Man, Vision, Black Panther, and maybe the Alice Through the Looking Glass playset), but...I did notice this.
View attachment 98188
Coincidence?

What's that pyramid from? Also I think we'll see more unannounced characters on top of the leaked ones.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah I was thinking that, guess that might confirm some GF characters, though my guess would be minimum of 2 maximum of 3.
Either Dipper, Mabel, and Bill or just Dipper and Mabel.
If there were three characters, it'd undoubtedly be Dipper/Mabel/Grunkle Stan, as those three get top billing, no pun intended. Bill's best shot would be if they managed to get a playset, in which he'd be the fourth character.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
If there were three characters, it'd undoubtedly be Dipper/Mabel/Grunkle Stan, as those three get top billing, no pun intended. Bill's best shot would be if they managed to get a playset, in which he'd be the fourth character.
Yeah, though I doubt GF would get 4 characters right off the bat. Any more new screenshots/ hints?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Gravity Falls ending is a real tragedy.
One of the best shows I've ever seen.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
View attachment 98188
Coincidence?

Looks like we're finally getting Gravity Falls characters after all.

In before it turns out to be our 1st 1.0 reposed figure built with the new updated stuff 3.0 has to offer (repose Violet would be a lot better than the current pose she has where she's not as durable in the neck area), but I'm not holding my breath at this point.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Disney Infinity livestream I've been hyped for just finished! While they essentially confirmed the four characters I thought they'd confirm, they ended up doing a whole lot more.

- They confirmed Ant-Man, Vision, and Black Panther first, and showed off their playstyles. Needless to say I'm hyped, especially for Ant-Man.
- They confirmed Baloo after that and my God I'm hyped. He's been one of my most-wanted for the game since Infinity started, and I was incredibly hyped when his box art leaked. But actually seeing how faithful he is to the film has me incredibly excited. His moveset has rhythmic shadow-boxing, pawpaw/watermelon/assorted heavy fruit tosses, a belly flop, a butt bump a la Peach, a move in which he rips a palm tree out of the ground and smashes the enemy with it, and his special move, which looks like it involves him dancing while in his ape hula disguise. They literally took everything he did in the film and made it a character, and I love it.
- They also said they're extending the lifespan of 3.0 due to demand, which is fantastic. They also said there's one more playset planned for each of the four major branches (Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars).

But what they said at the end basically soft-confirmed what the Disney and Pixar ones are. "Join us next time when we go through the looking glass and check out some of our favorite fish." This re-confirms the Alice in Wonderland leak, as well as giving us new info: we're gonna be getting a Finding Dory playset. I have no idea how that's gonna work (maybe flying fish like the 3D Pokemon games?), but I'm excited.

Basically, the four playsets are looking to be:
- Disney: Alice Through the Looking Glass
- Pixar: Finding Dory
- Star Wars: Rogue One (not confirmed at the end, but really...what else could it be in 2016?)
- Marvel: Either Doctor Strange or another original playset like Battlegrounds.

I'll give my predictions for everything going forward a bit later. :p

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
The Disney Infinity livestream I've been hyped for just finished! While they essentially confirmed the four characters I thought they'd confirm, they ended up doing a whole lot more.

- They confirmed Ant-Man, Vision, and Black Panther first, and showed off their playstyles. Needless to say I'm hyped, especially for Ant-Man.
- They confirmed Baloo after that and my God I'm hyped. He's been one of my most-wanted for the game since Infinity started, and I was incredibly hyped when his box art leaked. But actually seeing how faithful he is to the film has me incredibly excited. His moveset has rhythmic shadow-boxing, pawpaw/watermelon/assorted heavy fruit tosses, a belly flop, a butt bump a la Peach, a move in which he rips a palm tree out of the ground and smashes the enemy with it, and his special move, which looks like it involves him dancing while in his ape hula disguise. They literally took everything he did in the film and made it a character, and I love it.
- They also said they're extending the lifespan of 3.0 due to demand, which is fantastic. They also said there's one more playset planned for each of the four major branches (Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars).

But what they said at the end basically soft-confirmed what the Disney and Pixar ones are. "Join us next time when we go through the looking glass and check out some of our favorite fish." This re-confirms the Alice in Wonderland leak, as well as giving us new info: we're gonna be getting a Finding Dory playset. I have no idea how that's gonna work (maybe flying fish like the 3D Pokemon games?), but I'm excited.

- Star Wars: Rogue One (not confirmed at the end, but really...what else could it be in 2016?)

I'm not sure if I want the fish to be playable in 3.0. But yeah this confirms that all those leaks were real.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440

Disney hasn't learned from their mistake with making Cars characters into figures, the Finding Dory set is going to be very limited just like the Cars playset was from 1.0, the characters are going to be trash in the toybox and I feel really sad, because I love Dory and Nemo.

This means 4.0 is definitely coming in 2017 rather than this year (with 3.0 now confirmed to be extended throughout 2016) and it means Swimming is being introduced earlier than expected (even though everyone was guessing it was coming for 3.0 from the beginning) the swimming mechanic will probably not for every character as I can't picture robotic characters like Ultron and Vader swimming in-game (Baymax can float and both Iron Man variants can fly underwater).

I'm heavily starting to think 4.0 will be a revamped version of the 1st game (only with everything from 3.0 included and less characters) as I'm thinking figure remakes might be coming down the road, if not soon (fans really want updated 1.0 characters and whatnot).

ItsASquid

Smash Apprentice
Might be a bit off topic, but what's everybody's opinions on the "new" Mickey Mouse shorts? You know, like this art style and humour?

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
Dippy_Dawg-266x300.jpg

Goof's look in the Mickey Mouse shorts are reflective to his original Walt Disney appearance, hence the reason he's not wearing any pants. Before Goofy, he was named Dippy Dawg!

Last edited:

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
I know it's not super likely, but I'm hoping for a Wander figure. Y'know, since Wander Over Yonder is sadly ending soon. A figure could work as a last hurrah. I can dream...

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
You know, lately I've been dreaming of an Oswald the Lucky Rabbit figure. May as well represent one of the pinnacles of Walt Disney's animation career by giving him a figure rather than a simple costume. Plus he's one of my favorite Disney characters (I'm a type of person who prefers the underdogs).

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is there a Zootopia package with buying Disney Infinity?
There isn't a starter pack that comes with them, sadly, but you can always buy the game digitally for $30 on the eShop and buy Nick and Judy separate and buy a used base off of Amazon or something for roughly the price total of a full-on starter pack. As far as basic playstyle's concerned, Judy's quick and nimble with tons of high speed kicks and the highest jumps in the game, with a tranq gun as her special attack. Nick's a slower but powerful character who swings around a giant popsicle and calls in a townsperson version of Fennick to hurts foes for a special attack.

Additionally, if you want more Zootopia stuff, you can buy the Power Disc pack, which comes with disks for changing the skybox and terrain to a Zootopia theme, and costume change discs for Nick and Judy (Judy gets a Meter Maid outfit, and Nick gets a spoilerific outfit).

Also just keep in mind that because they're toybox-only characters, they can't be used in playsets (the Star Wars ones, Inside Out, and Marvel Battlegrounds at the moment), though they can freely be used in user-made levels, Toy Box Expansion games that you can buy separately (Toy Box Takeover, an almost Diablo-style beat em up, and Toy Box Speedway, a racing game from the same studio that did Sega All-Star Racing Transformed). And of course, you can use them in your own toy box levels should you choose to make some.

Explaining DI to a first time buyer's hard. :p

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
There isn't a starter pack that comes with them, sadly, but you can always buy the game digitally for $30 on the eShop and buy Nick and Judy separate and buy a used base off of Amazon or something for roughly the price total of a full-on starter pack. As far as basic playstyle's concerned, Judy's quick and nimble with tons of high speed kicks and the highest jumps in the game, with a tranq gun as her special attack. Nick's a slower but powerful character who swings around a giant popsicle and calls in a townsperson version of Fennick to hurts foes for a special attack.

Additionally, if you want more Zootopia stuff, you can buy the Power Disc pack, which comes with disks for changing the skybox and terrain to a Zootopia theme, and costume change discs for Nick and Judy (Judy gets a Meter Maid outfit, and Nick gets a spoilerific outfit).

Also just keep in mind that because they're toybox-only characters, they can't be used in playsets (the Star Wars ones, Inside Out, and Marvel Battlegrounds at the moment), though they can freely be used in user-made levels, Toy Box Expansion games that you can buy separately (Toy Box Takeover, an almost Diablo-style beat em up, and Toy Box Speedway, a racing game from the same studio that did Sega All-Star Racing Transformed). And of course, you can use them in your own toy box levels should you choose to make some.

Explaining DI to a first time buyer's hard. :p
That's a lot to take in....wowsa.

Gonna get them with power Disc pack and see what I can do with it.

Top Bottom