• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Disney Discussion

Are you excited for Toy Story 4?

• No, I thought the trilogy ended perfectly. Pixar should move onto something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I never really liked Toy Story.

• Yes, I didn't really grow up with the original trilogy but I would love to see the characters again!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Interesting to see another Atlantis: The Lost Empire fan. :p Love that movie.

There are a few I'd love that aren't on there, mainly Quasimodo, Pooh, Hercules, Pinocchio, and the Muppets for the Disney side. The 3.0 lineup basically has all the Star Wars characters I want barring R2, but he was deemed ineligible. And for the Marvel side, beyond Scarlet Witch, I'd love to see Agent Coulson and Quake (oh hell, an Agents of SHIELD playset), Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage (to complete the Defenders since Iron Fist's already in), Doctor Strange (though with his movie coming late next year, he's a good bet for 4.0), and Ghost Rider.

Oh, and the Hatbox Ghost for the Disney side, despite a Parks-exclusive character probably not being likely.
The Nostalgia Critic actually likes Atlantis too. I honestly hope Atlantis is in KH3 because it would fit perfectly.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Also we now know how to get The Force Awakens character into DI 3.0: They were in the game's coding all along, just gotta place 1 of the TFA guys down as the film comes out tomorrow (whether it's a character, power disc or the playset) it'll auto unlock everything for play (the TFA stuff still has to be unlocked to be used in the Toy Box).

Sad thing is that, we don't know if this is a 1 day only thing, or will it become permanent after December the 18th?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens yesterday and I wholeheartedly encourage everyone to see it. It's easily among my favorite film of 2015, just next to Inside Out. It's a good balance between a homage to the old films and a solid establishment of a new entry. I will admit, without any spoilers, that the Rebel Pilot, Poe, was a bit underused in the film since I originally saw him as one of the trio in the new Star Wars films.

The story is solid and I can't wait for Episode VIII.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
How is that poll they did going? I remeber they had a poll for new characters in 3.0.
Also did you guys see Star Wars?
Planning on seeing it next week on top of me buying the 3.0 Starter pack and Kylo Ren's figure, hopefully I can nab Ultron alongside him as an extra bonus along with a few power discs (of course not playing Kylo until I see the film).

I may not be made of money, but gosh darn it they are some stuff that I want to get in terms of power discs and characters but are soo darn pricey.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I think I'm going to buy some Star Wars merch now.

Thanks Disney.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens yesterday and I wholeheartedly encourage everyone to see it. It's easily among my favorite film of 2015, just next to Inside Out. It's a good balance between a homage to the old films and a solid establishment of a new entry. I will admit, without any spoilers, that the Rebel Pilot, Poe, was a bit underused in the film since I originally saw him as one of the trio in the new Star Wars films.

The story is solid and I can't wait for Episode VIII.
Yeah I thought it was good
I honestly thought Han's death was a good way to help develop the characters of Rey and Finn as it gives them more motivation to bring down the 1st order. It might also lead to Ren suffering more emotional trauma. To be honest I thought Ren was much cooler with his mask on. I really hope he comes back more menacing in Episode VIII because he got his *** whooped pretty bad.

I'm not sure have you guys heard about this:
R2-D2 has been recast, Jimmy Vee will take over the role in Episode VIII. This isn't actually surprising, considering Kenny Baker apparently didn't portray R2 in The Force Awakens (despite being claimed to have), but this time they actually confirmed that there is a new actor and revealed the new actor's name instead of claiming that Baker played R2.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Honestly, I'm afraid that if I scroll up I'd find Star Wars spoilers plastered everywhere on this thread.
I'll report any post that doesn't put them in spoiler tabs.

When are you seeing the film?

D

Deleted member

Bless there being a Disney thread. I'm a huge Disney fanatic so I'm glad I found this place!

I saw The Force Awakens this Friday, it was indeed a fantastic movie. My favorite film of 2015, even.

D

Deleted member

We talking 2003 Clone Wars? I adored that miniseries. The later one that was in CG got really good in later seasons too, shame it never got a proper conclusion.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
We talking 2003 Clone Wars? I adored that miniseries. The later one that was in CG got really good in later seasons too, shame it never got a proper conclusion.
Yeah I heard they're waiting for the license with CN to expire. They need to finish Clone Wars, the Kyber Krystal and Darth Maul arcs need to be put into movie form.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
TFA was amazing, I'm very pleased.
That ending, holy crap. Spoiler alert, the ending was awesome.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
Just saw The Force Awakens, and I'm glad to say it was definitely worth the wait. Had a perfect amount of action, fantastic acting, and tons of moments that kept me on the edge of my seat.

It was a fantastic movie experience. J. J. Abrams really put Star Wars into good hands.

Give me episode 8

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Just saw The Force Awakens, and I'm glad to say it was definitely worth the wait. Had a perfect amount of action, fantastic acting, and tons of moments that kept me on the edge of my seat.

It was a fantastic movie experience. J. J. Abrams really put Star Wars into good hands.

Give me episode 8
So what are they gonna call Episode VIII? Also who here believes that Jar Jar theory on Reddit?:awesome:
I thought the movie was really good too, and I can't wait for Episode VIII. I might go see it again if my friends haven't seen it just so I can catch some of the things I missed and see their reactions.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
You guys know me as the Toy Story nut and I have some odd ponderings about the world of Woody and Buzz Lightyear. I reposted a bunch of ramblings I did on another forum. Don't worry, it's all condensed into one spoiler.

It's pretty obvious that toys are susceptible to physical pain and there are many onscreen instances of this. With regards to death, however, Combat Carl is the only toy depicted in the original film that was killed. Obviously, toys have a certain point where they cannot withstand a certain amount of pain, resulting in their demise. The fact becomes a lot questionable with the concepts of dismemberment, fall from extreme heights, and battery replacement.

Dismemberment

Regarding dismemberment, the Mutant toys are a perfect example for this particular subtopic. Each part of the newly made Mutant is formed from two or more other toys. Even though the method of torture used on each toy varies, I think that the mutants are given new life by the remaining limb or head that is placed on the new base. Originally, I would have said head but Legs is among the many toys where this would not be the case. Then comes Combat Carl who is in a slightly extreme variation of dismemberment.

For starters, Combat Carl was blown to pieces by dynamite. The scattering of his various parts implies that he did not survive Sid's torture. Unlike the other methods of torture used by Sid, his head is separated from his limbs as a result of the explosion. It can be inferred that his head is used again for Jingle Joe, potentially reanimating him in a Frankenstein-esque manner.

Falling From Heights

The next section is falling from heights. Both Toy Story 1 & 2 depict Buzz Lightyear and Zurg, respectively, falling from large heights with mild to moderate physical damage. Buzz only losses his left arm after his fall as he tumbles down the stairs. It could be argued that the fall might have prompted mental damage, most of which was caused by his realization that he was a toy. This thought is further supported by Zurg's change in personality after Rex knocks him off the elevator in the second film. The dented horn on his head and change in attitude reflects that while toys aren't severely impacted by certain heights physically, they can be impacted mentally.

Battery Replacement

This subtopic I'm pretty confused by since Toy Story has many toys that are sentient without the use of batteries. The only reason why this came up was because of one character:

RC is depicted in the first Toy Story to have the dual ability of free roaming by himself and the potential to be under the control of another user. Fast forward to the moving van scene, RC is susceptible of losing battery which prompts him to gradually close his eyes. While this can be interpreted that he loses the ability of movement, does this mean that certain toys are more dependent on battery power to live than others?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Something something Civil War spoilers.
Called it btw.

That is all.
Watched it, and I kinda called it as well.

And now's the part where I hope they find some more GH.325. :p

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268

Now I am more hyped. It's going to look like a fun ride.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Some new concept art for Finding Dory that premiers later this year!

The beluga whale's name is Bailey while the whale shark's name is Destiny. It is said that they will be playing a key role in reuniting Dory with her family. Bailey will be voiced by Ty Burell and Destiny will be voiced by Kaitlin Olson.

On another note, the Star Wars hype kicked into full force last week which prompted me to purchase a bunch of Star Wars-themed clothing and even Battlefront II. After my initial disinterest with EA's Battlefront from what I saw in the trailers and open beta, I can definitely say that buying Battlefront II was a great decision. I've played with my brother and the different modes are still fresh even after the game's 10 year release. I'm proud to say Han is my best hero character. I went 62-0 in one match in Mos Eisely...but still lost the match.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Recent reports on the Incredibles 2 confirms that Bird is planning to add in a unique plot twist to the sequel (could it be Violet, Helen and Tony unique?) Because of this I highly doubt we're getting a Jack-Jack focused sequel at all as the storyline as Bird wants to focus on all 5 family members with them still superheroing together in some form and a J-J storyline is too darn obvious as there are rumors stating he might be the film's villain (although I still see J-J getting equal screen time regardless as that was 1 of the 1st film's missteps), just we won't see them doing superhero stuff till the climax of the film, we might even get a unique villain (hopefully 1 that's not fanservice related, I'd be happy with a Dr. No type of villain that's an actual threat, rather than the stunt Syndrome pulled (although Syndrome could still be at play as he did sold his tech to other countries, perhaps 1 of the villains got ahold of Syndrome's tech and plans on using it to destroy the world or some sort.)

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
They better include a Talespin power disk.
I 2nd that easily, they might split the power disc pack into 2 to rep both series, 2 for the Jungle Book and 2 for Talespin (although seeing as how they're going full Jungle Book remake with Baloo's figure look (although he looks very classical in design), very unlikely we see Talespin make it into Disney Infinity (unless they pull a Jack Sparrow/Mr. Incredible/Jack Skellington with Baloo and give him his pilot outfit as a costume disc and plane for 4.0 (the plane could even include the sky surfing disc from the show so you could have 2 people in the plane at once just like in the show).

Guess this means no Kim Possible figure (I still think she's coming in 3.0), or a Lilo figure seeing as how they teased her with the brief hint of Ohana on one of their posts before Baloo's leak was shown off.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I 2nd that easily, they might split the power disc pack into 2 to rep both series, 2 for the Jungle Book and 2 for Talespin (although seeing as how they're going full Jungle Book remake with Baloo's figure look (although he looks very classical in design), very unlikely we see Talespin make it into Disney Infinity (unless they pull a Jack Sparrow/Mr. Incredible/Jack Skellington with Baloo and give him his pilot outfit as a costume disc and plane for 4.0 (the plane could even include the sky surfing disc from the show so you could have 2 people in the plane at once just like in the show).

Guess this means no Kim Possible figure (I still think she's coming in 3.0), or a Lilo figure seeing as how they teased her with the brief hint of Ohana on one of their posts before Baloo's leak was shown off.
I believe there's still about 12-14 more unannounced Disney original figures, I think they still have a decent shot. Heck they shut down the speculation rather quickly, thus to either not get us hyped, or to surprise us later on.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I believe there's still about 12-14 more unannounced Disney original figures, I think they still have a decent shot. Heck they shut down the speculation rather quickly, thus to either not get us hyped, or to surprise us later on.
It's closer to eleven now that Baloo's been leaked.

As well, we know for certain that an unknown Marvel figure is packaged with New Cap for the playset since Ant-Man, Vision, and Black Panther are single releases. At this point it has to be Scarlet Witch, especially since JV said in a tweet late last year that all 3.0 playsets will be packaged with both a male and female character, ruling out Bucky. *EDIT* Welp, as of this afternoon, only New Cap comes with the playset. RIP the Scarlet Witch dream. :(

As far as the missing seven-or-so Star Wars figures? Anyone's guess. They said in an interview they're not doing droids, ruling out R2-D2, C-3PO, and BB-8, so my guess would be something like Grievous and Mace Windu for the prequels, Lando and Emperor Palpatine for the original trilogy, and...okay, The Force Awakens is a bit harder...Maz and Snoke? Either that or Phasma. And then Hera Syndulla to round out the Rebels cast.

As for the last eleven Disney Originals? We have confirmation there's another playset, and considering Star Wars is covered and Marvel only has one unrevealed character, it has to be Disney. Considering basically every playset since 2.0, and including one of 1.0's, has had at least five characters, I'd assume the same for this playset. As for what it could be, I see three possibilities:

A) A Through the Looking Glass playset with (sadly) live action Alice, Mad Hatter, Cheshire Cat, Queen of Hearts, and White Rabbit, as examples. This is due to the movie coming out soon.
B) A Muppets playset with Kermit, Ms. Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, and Animal. This is due to their recent TV show.
C) A Gravity Falls playset, to coincide with the finale. This would be harder to give five characters, but I could see Dipper, Mabel, Stan, Bill, and either Ford or Soos. Though realistically, I can't see more than four here.

Whichever two don't happen, the remaining get two figures (Alice and Hatter, Dipper and Mabel, Kermit and Piggy). That'd bring the total to nine out of the eleven, leaving two characters. I'm still certain of Kim Possible, so there's one more. That leaves one more unrelated figure. Based on what's been showing up the most on various official surveys, combined with the team's wish to add more female characters, I'd wager this one is Cruella de Vil. That'd round out the Disney section well for this game, I think.

Last edited:

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
It's safe to say Alice will eventually come as a figure, but I certainly hope the design would be based on her original look; on a side note, I think the Mad Hatter would make a good follow up character along with Alice. As for Gravity Falls, I've visited the official poll to vote for a character and found that Mabel Pines is the current top pick. If that were to be the case, we could also get a Dipper figurine too. But one thing stands clear: where be my Goofy figure?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To be fair, Goofy's honestly the biggest shoo-in for 4.0 since they seem to add one new classic per iteration (Sorcerer Mickey in 1.0, Donald in 2.0, Minnie (plus a new Mickey) in 3.0).

But there's always the chance he can just be added in late 3.0, since he actually has concept art in the game.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
It's closer to eleven now that Baloo's been leaked.

As well, we know for certain that an unknown Marvel figure is packaged with New Cap for the playset since Ant-Man, Vision, and Black Panther are single releases. At this point it has to be Scarlet Witch, especially since JV said in a tweet late last year that all 3.0 playsets will be packaged with both a male and female character, ruling out Bucky. *EDIT* Welp, as of this afternoon, only New Cap comes with the playset. RIP the Scarlet Witch dream. :(

As far as the missing seven-or-so Star Wars figures? Anyone's guess. They said in an interview they're not doing droids, ruling out R2-D2, C-3PO, and BB-8, so my guess would be something like Grievous and Mace Windu for the prequels, Lando and Emperor Palpatine for the original trilogy, and...okay, The Force Awakens is a bit harder...Maz and Snoke? Either that or Phasma. And then Hera Syndulla to round out the Rebels cast.

As for the last eleven Disney Originals? We have confirmation there's another playset, and considering Star Wars is covered and Marvel only has one unrevealed character, it has to be Disney. Considering basically every playset since 2.0, and including one of 1.0's, has had at least five characters, I'd assume the same for this playset. As for what it could be, I see three possibilities:

A) A Through the Looking Glass playset with (sadly) live action Alice, Mad Hatter, Cheshire Cat, Queen of Hearts, and White Rabbit, as examples. This is due to the movie coming out soon.
B) A Muppets playset with Kermit, Ms. Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, and Animal. This is due to their recent TV show.
C) A Gravity Falls playset, to coincide with the finale. This would be harder to give five characters, but I could see Dipper, Mabel, Stan, Bill, and either Ford or Soos. Though realistically, I can't see more than four here.

Whichever two don't happen, the remaining get two figures (Alice and Hatter, Dipper and Mabel, Kermit and Piggy). That'd bring the total to nine out of the eleven, leaving two characters. I'm still certain of Kim Possible, so there's one more. That leaves one more unrelated figure. Based on what's been showing up the most on various official surveys, combined with the team's wish to add more female characters, I'd wager this one is Cruella de Vil. That'd round out the Disney section well for this game, I think.
I think the remaining Star Wars characters might be coming from the upcoming Rouge One movie since that film isn't too far off (it releases in May I think, don't be shocked if Rouge One characters gets in).

I hope Alice and the gang don't become playable (meaning there would be 3 characters played by Johnny Depp in-game.)

Gravity Falls' chances to get figures died when 2.0 outright de-confirmed them.

Muppets I'm sure is getting figures, it could even make them the central theme for 4.0 if the KH rumors aren't a thing by then.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I think the remaining Star Wars characters might be coming from the upcoming Rouge One movie since that film isn't too far off (it releases in May I think, don't be shocked if Rouge One characters gets in).

I hope Alice and the gang don't become playable (meaning there would be 3 characters played by Johnny Depp in-game.)

Gravity Falls' chances to get figures died when 2.0 outright de-confirmed them.

Muppets I'm sure is getting figures, it could even make them the central theme for 4.0 if the KH rumors aren't a thing by then.
For some reason I thought Rogue One was releasing way later than that, haha. That's my new bet then. :p

Though I honestly don't see how 2.0 affects Gravity Falls when we're already past it.

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
Since this is a Disney discussion, you guys should DEFINITELY check out Star vs the Forces of Evil! It's totally the new Phineas and Ferb! Personally, I think it's even better :p

Top Bottom