• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

StrawHatter

Smash Rookie

DAT ENDING MUSIC THO.

This got me so pumped last night when I watched it. Can't wait for the second half!
The LiSa rendition of This Illusion was by far the best thing to come out of the Ufo adaptation. Ur stronk Bah-sah-car best scene.

Gotta read the Jojo Manga sometime... the first anime was decent (and fabulous) once I got over the characters talking so much.

Randomstuff:
For Psychological/Supernatural stuff Ghost Hound is a pretty nice, underrated anime.
So far I haven't seen it getting any attention at all, which is kinda sad.

After I don't want to know how many Chapters of meh story/fanservice Fairy Tail actually managed to make a pretty nice twist in the story.
I'm pleasantly surprised. So it wasn't completly for naught to pick it up again.
Read JoJo up until part 5. Decide if you want to continue since the translations for part 5 make it pretty uninteresting (or it could just be the characters).

Attack on Titan is quickly losing all of my interest. It feels like the focus of the series has completely changed. I always feel that in recent chapters, it's trying to be something it isn't. I hate to say it, but I'm only giving the series 3 more chapters, after that I drop it.
Eh, AoT has always been really bad in my opinion. Pretty okay concept of "oh hey, we're humanities survivors and we're probably gonna die" but executed ridiculously poorly. The characters have really only become characters during this terrible story arc. And not to mention it's trying to be 2deep4u in saying things like "the real enemy is us humans not the titans"... Which is just dreadful.

What you all hype for next season? Saenai Heroine no Sodate-kata seem like it'll be AotS for me.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Eh, AoT has always been really bad in my opinion. Pretty okay concept of "oh hey, we're humanities survivors and we're probably gonna die" but executed ridiculously poorly. The characters have really only become characters during this terrible story arc. And not to mention it's trying to be 2deep4u in saying things like "the real enemy is us humans not the titans"... Which is just dreadful.
I liked the series a lot until this arc. I honestly enjoyed the anime a million times more than the manga, probably because I can just chill out and watch the anime.

This current arc is complete garbage, it feels like the author is going:"This seems like a twist they didn't expect". That doesn't work, it almost feels like they are writing it as they go, not planning far ahead.

If I do decide to drop the series, I'll watch the second season of the anime until this arc starts, and pretend that everyone just died. The ****ing end.

Shulkamania

Smash Rookie
NNID
thatguy13
Read JoJo up until part 5. Decide if you want to continue since the translations for part 5 make it pretty uninteresting (or it could just be the characters).
It was probably just the translation you just gotta power through and get to part 6 because Stone Ocean is probably one of the best parts.

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
Finished Naruto for nostalgic reasons.

I was actually happy that it's finally over. .-.

StrawHatter

Smash Rookie
I liked the series a lot until this arc. I honestly enjoyed the anime a million times more than the manga, probably because I can just chill out and watch the anime.

This current arc is complete garbage, it feels like the author is going:"This seems like a twist they didn't expect". That doesn't work, it almost feels like they are writing it as they go, not planning far ahead.

If I do decide to drop the series, I'll watch the second season of the anime until this arc starts, and pretend that everyone just died. The ****ing end.
This chapter was honestly "nothing the chapter watch me transform". I'll probably keep up with it like I have been but dear lord this is getting somehow worse and worse.

It was probably just the translation you just gotta power through and get to part 6 because Stone Ocean is probably one of the best parts.
Yeah, I did a while back and Part 6 is easily my third favourite part. 4 = 7 > 6 > 2 = 3 > 1 > 5. Best opinion.

StrawHatter

Smash Rookie
Truly was, as was the "passing the torch" form Kishi to Oda moment in the last chapter of Naruto
But One Piece is far better than Naruto (objectively speaking) and sells a lot more in Japan whilst staying at the top of the votes of the WSJ... If anything it was just a couple of old rivals having a last moment in public where they respected each other.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
But One Piece is far better than Naruto (objectively speaking) and sells a lot more in Japan whilst staying at the top of the votes of the WSJ... If anything it was just a couple of old rivals having a last moment in public where they respected each other.
Ahaahahahahaha. Objectively... ahahahahaha. (not that I saw or read either (except for ~10 chapters of OP), but that's not a very good term for comparing different instances of entertainment)

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
Naruto gets far more flawed over time than One Piece.
Especially towards the final.

Personally I don't think any of them are great.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
tumblr_nbyfqjys3W1sgkggjo1_500.gif

Guess what's my favorite anime. It's not hard.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I started reading Nanatsu no Taizai (The Seven Deadly Sins) and caught up with the current chapter. I like it.

Anyway, I really wanted to start watching Durarara!!x2, but the anime isn't available on Crunchyroll in my country... :ohwell: I really liked the first series, so I'm curious about how the story continues.

I'm considering watching Assassination Classroom, but since I've been following the manga for quite a while, I'm not as interested as I am about Durarara!!x2.

"Nichijou : My ordinary life" you fool. :drmario:
No need to force your opinions and tastes down the others' throats... We get it, you like Nichijou. >_>

Last edited:

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Are you kidding me? There's something basically called 'Lesbian Bear Storm', how can that not be AOTS?

On a more serious note: Rolling Girls / Death Parade (/ JJBA if we count continuations) will probably be my favs

StrawHatter

Smash Rookie
Are you kidding me? There's something basically called 'Lesbian Bear Storm', how can that not be AOTS?

On a more serious note: Rolling Girls / Death Parade (/ JJBA if we count continuations) will probably be my favs
Yuri Kuma is the god damn ****. Lesbian bears going around eating lesbian humans.

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
-> Got more Monogatari eps. I'm happy with that alone. c:
Don't really care for the Season personally, except there is something like Log Horizon that actually interests me.
Too much waiting.

Random:
Green Green is a really nice Ecchi/Comedy Anime so far (8 eps watched from 13 or so).
Not so much 08/15 Ecchi stuff combined with horrible Chars/Stories that so many Ecchi-series have out there.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Green Green took me off guard. I watched it without knowing the synopsis, it started quite cute and then it became ecchi all over the place. Kinda like Shuffle!

I loved both

Last edited:

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
Green Green took me off guard. I watched it without knowing the synopsis, it started quite cute and then it became ecchi all over the place. Kinda like Shuffle!

I loved both
Surprise Bear ****.

The Story was surpringsingly nice towards the end.

does anyone here collect figures or any other anime paraphernalia?
Not really a collection but...
Araragi & Senjougahara Figma (Monogatari Series)
Kurisu (Steins;Gate)
so far.

Some Monogatari Nendroids (Araragi / Hachikuji), Okabe Figma and Rozen Maiden (Shinku / Suigintou) will come sometime in the future.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I only have one figurine of Iris Chateaubrand, one of Natsu Ayuhara, and two Ravens (Teen Titans).
I don't think that counts as anything.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Teen Titans wasn't really an anime either. I think those other two might, those names are unfamiliar to me.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Natsu's from a game, so it isn't anime either.
Iris is from Sakura Taisen/Wars, she IS from an anime.

Also, I forgot I had this one:

it's like 50cm tall

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
PVCs are great, though I do like adjustable poses and parts (a la figma) I prefer the fixed poses and larger size in general much more

Pricier but well worth the money imo

Top Bottom