• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
The only thing about angel beats that made me extremely sad was the last song "Ichiban No Takaramono".

I think they did it to keep ratings up during batman. I don't know anyone who is watching toonami in anticipation of American animated superhero shoes. I want to bet after black lagoon, the viewer count dropped, because there is nothing special after it.(FMA has been shown through already, most have seen it). They probably switched them so people would leave their TV on while waiting for black lagoon.

Just a theory.
Well since I did that, I will now turn my TV off and turn it back on when Black Lagoon comes back on. I muted it last time so I at least could see when it ended, but for now on I'll just watch the clock I don't want that show getting my view.

So yeah that theory is probably right.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Wait, is this Batman cartoon Beware the Batman? Hopes it's TAS.

The reasons on why I find myself unwilling to continue Clannad is because the tear-jerking aspect of the show would bring the most enjoyment out of it. Can't believe I'm asking for this, but does anyone know any methods or mindsets that would get you to cry for a show? Or at the least make you feel the emotions within the show?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
You're upset because of airing times? I think the Black Lagoon dub is pretty terrible so I can't imagine it inconveniencing me too much.
Hating the Black Lagoon dub, that's not something I see very often even with the dub hate nonsense surrounding anime.
I guess I could understand if Shenhua is your favorite character or something, that accent is very questionable.

Terrible huh...
I think we might have a different idea as to what counts as terrible voice acting.

That, or we have the same idea as to what counts as amazing.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Why hasn't Hunter X Hunter (2011) been dubbed? It's certainly popular enough to have one. Funimation should have jumped all over it by now.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Fair enough.

I get too defensive when sub vs. dub stuff comes up, it's always a pain either way, sorry.

Why hasn't Hunter X Hunter (2011) been dubbed? It's certainly popular enough to have one. Funimation should have jumped all over it by now.
No idea. I've heard that Viz said someone else has it, but I don't have a source. It's strange that no one has spoke up about it yet, I imagine Viz would have wanted to go for it since they have the first anime, but obviously that hasn't happened.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
No worries. I'm not adamantly against dubs, I just don't care very much for Black Lagoon's. You're a cool cat, Rutger.

We've established long ago that Shingeki no Titan is average at best.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Fair enough.

I get too defensive when sub vs. dub stuff comes up, it's always a pain either way, sorry.

No idea. I've heard that Viz said someone else has it, but I don't have a source. It's strange that no one has spoke up about it yet, I imagine Viz would have wanted to go for it since they have the first anime, but obviously that hasn't happened.
It's extremely annoying. I would like for it to get dubbed so that my friend can watch it. He has Dyslexia, so reading subs is annoying for him. My other friends have talked about fandubbing it for him.(A dub that would surely make 4kids run for the hills).

Akame Ga Kill keeps getting better. Lubbock's weapon is easily one of the most ridiculous weapons. Especially how he uses it. I imagine he'll be an interesting fighter when he goes against stronger opponents. His weapon has such a wide variety of uses, I could see him surviving a long time if he uses it right.

This is amazing.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I don't like Shingeki no Kyojin. Crucify me.
Wish granted.

Haven't watched enough Black Lagoon, but the dub seems fine to me despite not seeing the sub. Revy's voice is almost like a smoker's to me. Might be a bit off-putting given her age, but not so much where it doesn't serve the character (I'm looking at you, dub Yuno.). Gives me the impression of someone who's apathetic and absorbed by vices. Dutch is probably the most authentic black dude in anime I've ever heard.

The problem with Shingeki no Kyojin's dub cast is that a couple of characters sound drastically different with the VAs apart from their seiyuu counterparts. Namely Armin with his Falsetto and Levi without CHROMIYA KIRITSUGU the baratone. I gotta give them credit for acting believably in most situations though. Cultural attitudes, maybe?

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Does anyone else wish the Black Lagoon opening song was sung by a native English speaker and not some Japanese woman who has no idea what she's saying? I think it would sound sooooooo much better. I will say though that Revy's Japanese voice actor did her English bits pretty well.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
This is amazing.
Have you heard Little Braver? I think it's the next best.

Does anyone else wish the Black Lagoon opening song was sung by a native English speaker and not some Japanese woman who has no idea what she's saying? I think it would sound sooooooo much better. I will say though that Revy's Japanese voice actor did her English bits pretty well.
Agreed, although I'm not sure why they opted to do that in the first place. It's one of few OPs that I skipped every time.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
So what type of anime you guys watch am still watching the retro anime and ill try to be a hipster on the anime from this time can anybody tell anything?

nessokman

Smash Lord
A-1 pictures is animating "the seven deadly sins". Any hope I had for the anime had gone down the toilet.

They did fairytail horribly. Without any blood or swearing in it, it's impossible for me to watch it. I'm sorry, but after being beaten to hell and back, you should be bleeding for sure, and I guarantee your insults would be far more colorful than "jerk"....

Blue Exorcist's anime was done by them, and see how that turned out. It could have been a great long running series if they had done a 14 episode first season and waited for more material. The arc after where they stopped following source material off is incredible. (And it's a pretty lengthy arc).

I dispise A-1.

Last edited:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
So what type of anime you guys watch am still watching the retro anime and ill try to be a hipster on the anime from this time can anybody tell anything?
I don't understand what you're asking.

A-1 pictures is animating "the seven deadly sins". Any hope I had for the anime had gone down the toilet.

They did fairytail horribly. Without any blood or swearing in it, it's impossible for me to watch it. I'm sorry, but after being beaten to hell and back, you should be bleeding for sure, and I guarantee your insults would be far more colorful than "jerk"....

Blue Exorcist's anime was done by them, and see how that turned out. It could have been a great long running series if they had done a 14 episode first season and waited for more material. The arc after where they stopped following source material off is incredible. (And it's a pretty lengthy arc).

I dispise A-1.
A-1's a pretty good studio, all things considered. Sora no Woto, Working!!, The iDOLM@STER, and a few other reasonably well received and/or popular shows like Black Butler, Magi, and Sword Art. I don't think it's fair to write them off before the first episode. Just be thankful Toei isn't doing it, then you'd actually have a reason to have your pantsu in a bunch.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
what anime you guys watch.
I watch a little bit of everything. Primarily slice of life anime and action manga, but I sample whatever looks good every season. What retro cartoons do you watch?

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
I watch a little bit of everything. Primarily slice of life anime and action manga, but I sample whatever looks good every season. What retro cartoons do you watch?
Yu yu hakusho, some dragonball z sailor moon zack bell and thats all i watch.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I don't understand what you're asking.

A-1's a pretty good studio, all things considered. Sora no Woto, Working!!, The iDOLM@STER, and a few other reasonably well received and/or popular shows like Black Butler, Magi, and Sword Art. I don't think it's fair to write them off before the first episode. Just be thankful Toei isn't doing it, then you'd actually have a reason to have your pantsu in a bunch.
I still hate them. Compare the first chapters of th magi manga to the anime, they handled it so oddly. Don't get me started on Pacing Issues Online.

finalark

SNORLAX
Compare the first chapters of th magi manga to the anime, they handled it so oddly.
I'd have to rewatch it, but I remember there was just something off about the first few episodes of the Magi anime that kept me from really enjoying it. I ended up giving the manga a go since I really liked the premise and surprise surprise, the manga does it better.

Although I do think that the first few chapters of Magi are a bit of a slog.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I'd have to rewatch it, but I remember there was just something off about the first few episodes of the Magi anime that kept me from really enjoying it. I ended up giving the manga a go since I really liked the premise and surprise surprise, the manga does it better. Although I do think that the first few chapters of Magi are a bit of a slog.
Agreed. The manga does everything better.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
So the Magi anime isn't worth checking out? I've never seen it even though I've read all the manga.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yu yu hakusho, some dragonball z sailor moon zack bell and thats all i watch.
I'm sorry for your loss.

I still hate them. Compare the first chapters of th magi manga to the anime, they handled it so oddly. Don't get me started on Pacing Issues Online.
I don't care to finish anything Magi related, especially after you spoiled a few things previously so I can't speak on that, but they're still not a bad studio. You can hate them and all, just know you're a doofus and I actually kind of hope they ruin The Seven Diddly Dwarves or whatever goofy mango it is they're adapting.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I'm sorry for your loss.

I don't care to finish anything Magi related, especially after you spoiled a few things previously so I can't speak on that, but they're still not a bad studio. You can hate them and all, just know you're a doofus and I actually kind of hope they ruin The Seven Diddly Dwarves or whatever goofy mango it is they're adapting.
I don't know what I spoiled, not much at all to my memory...
So the Magi anime isn't worth checking out? I've never seen it even though I've read all the manga.
It's a pretty great series, I recommend it.

Top Bottom