• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

nessokman

Smash Lord
Normally manga tends to be better than it's anime counterparts, so I'm not really surprised.

Actually, I don't think I've ever found a series when the anime was better unless the manga came later.
Attack on titan's anime is great, I personally hold it above the manga.

finalark

SNORLAX
Attack on titan's anime is great, I personally hold it above the manga.
I actually have never seen more than the second episode of Attack On Titan, and I've never read the manga. I'm sure it's a very good series, I just haven't gotten around to really giving it a go.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I actually have never seen more than the second episode of Attack On Titan, and I've never read the manga. I'm sure it's a very good series, I just haven't gotten around to really giving it a go.
It's OK. Not the best, certainly not the worst.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That's not much of an accomplishment considering the early chapters of Shingeki were godawful. Then it kind of stagnated at decent for a little bit and then went back to bad.

nessokman

Smash Lord
That's not much of an accomplishment considering the early chapters of Shingeki were godawful. Then it kind of stagnated at decent for a little bit and then went back to bad.
All of the arcs in it thus far have been good, the current arc is horrible though...

On the note of akame, I expect the theme song to change any week now. They are half way through and starting a new arc.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I haven't watched a single anime that has a manga predecessor since forever. Mostly because of time issues, but still, I'd rather read the manga with a giant two-page picture about something important than watch someone yelling for three minutes over something trivial.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
It's not a very good series.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Finished reading Tramps Like Us and Princess Resurrection (for the second time), I'm considering re-reading/watching Cromartie High or getting into JoJo's Bizzare Adventure.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Dat hunter x hunter hiatus though. Indefinite hiatus...

Indefinite hiatus

Hiatus

Indefinite

Indefinite

/wrists

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Just saw Episode 10 of Akame ga Kill!. The pacing was so good up until Episode 7, now it seems like White Fox is rushing everything. The anime's still good though, but the manga's incredible. At least they did this scene right:

I thought the early chapters were the only really good part about SnK. The entire plot started going down the toilet once you realized that
Eren was a Titan
. There are a few good moments afterwards, but I think it's really mediocre overall.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Just saw Episode 10 of Akame ga Kill!. The pacing was so good up until Episode 7, now it seems like White Fox is rushing everything. The anime's still good though, but the manga's incredible. At least they did this scene right:

As a manga reader, I think I understand the rush, they're probably trying to get to the stylish attack arc. They're blasting through content to quickly though. They've got 15 episodes left, at this pace, they'll probably catch up to where the manga is too quickly and end up dragging out the final arc.

The preview for the next episode showed the two new characters, they don't appear until near the end of that fight. To put that in perspective, a fight that took 2-3 50 page chapters is going down in a single episode. God that pacing tho......

I thought the early chapters were the only really good part about SnK. The entire plot started going down the toilet once you realized that
Eren was a Titan
. There are a few good moments afterwards, but I think it's really mediocre overall.
I would have preferred it if they had kept the show normally, had everyone join the survey corps and focus on missions outside the wall for the plot. You could still have people with that power, just make them antagonists. I don't like where the series is heading now.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
As a manga reader, I think I understand the rush, they're probably trying to get to the stylish attack arc. They're blasting through content to quickly though. They've got 15 episodes left, at this pace, they'll probably catch up to where the manga is too quickly and end up dragging out the final arc.

The preview for the next episode showed the two new characters, they don't appear until near the end of that fight. To put that in perspective, a fight that took 2-3 50 page chapters is going down in a single episode. God that pacing tho......
I think I'm ok with the Stylish fight being condensed, so long as nothing major is skipped. My problem with the anime's pacing isn't just that they're looking over scenes, it's that they're overlooking scenes that have character development and making the series look more of a generic hack-n-slash than it actually is. AgK develops its characters surprisingly well, and seeing scenes like Tatsumi's mountain training with Bulat cut out is a downer.

I would have preferred it if they had kept the show normally, had everyone join the survey corps and focus on missions outside the wall for the plot. You could still have people with that power, just make them antagonists. I don't like where the series is heading now.
I would've been cool with this as well.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
The History's Strongest Disciple: Kenichi manga only has 1 remaining chapter left in the series. I'm so sad. :cry:

Also, the same thing goes for the Claymore manga, but who cares about Claymore? :laugh: Glad it's finally gonna end.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Oh, Kenichi....
It was somewhat disappointing for me. I don't know what I wanted to see, but in the last arc the only actual intense one-on-one fight was Kenichi's (and Saiga's but it happened offscreen).
Everyone else were on a messy scenario, some characters basically just showed up in a cameo and then the battle was over.
idk..... it felt kinda shallow....

nessokman

Smash Lord
well, it's been a while.

I started watching SAO II, and I've completely caught up. Art and animation are incredible, but it is really suffering as a direct result of how the first season was handled. I actually enjoyed the first half of the first season, but it was incredibly rushed. They skipped over so much, and so the flashbacks in SAO II to things we never saw in the first season aren't having as much of an impact.

I truly wish they had fleshed out Aincrad in the first season, doing all 25 of the episodes of it there. They could have included everything. It would have been a better paced, more detailed world. GGO is good, but it would have been better if they had handled the first season well.

Akame ga kill's anime continues to be eh....The manga's most recent chapter made me incredibly depressed.

nessokman

Smash Lord
@ Minato Minato
He's survived death flags before, someone actually counted, 4 times he's survived near death.

He was my favorite character, and I would have been fine if he had died a great honorable death, but that was pathetic. He died because the author wanted him to, They wrote him to do something out of character for the sole purpose of his death.

The author decided to write him in to do something cocky, resulting in his death. Lubbock was a cool character for the sole fact that he always thought 5 steps ahead during combat, to have such an awesome fighter die for something like that is utter bullcrap.

Chelsea died because she was cocky, and tried to take out Kurome, who was thoroughly doped out.

I don't even know anymore......The sole reason I am going to keep reading this is because I like Wave.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
@ nessokman nessokman

More AgK spoilers

Yeah, I didn't like that either about his death. Characters like Chelsea and her death made sense. She was a new character and was sort of a plot device like that Teigu guy, existing mostly for that death. Lubbock was a starting character, so it's kind of dumb he dies in such a worthless way just for the sake of more deaths.

While AgK wasn't a top manga or anything for me, it was at least interesting. It's definitely easy to see all the flaws in it after monthly waits and thinking it over. And yeah, Wave's interesting. Probably the most interesting character out of the cast.

nessokman

Smash Lord
@ Minato Minato
AgK spoilers
Wave is the only reason I want to continue reading this series.

I only see two ways tatsumi can survive now-
  1. Esdese decides to let him go and say she killed him (Not likely at all)
  2. NightRaid shows up to save him
  3. Someone from the empire betrays them to save tatsumi. (wave plz)
There are major death flags for Tatsumi right now. I don't know If I should trust them and think he's going to die, or rely on plot armor to save him. It would be interesting if tatsumi did die, and wave/akame became the main character.

SmellTheJava

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0834-0767-5817
So, anyone excited about the new unlimited blade works fate anime? I just want to see a well animated Archer vs Lancer.

What I'm really excited about is the Heaven's Feel movies, I want more delicious Kotomine and Illya.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Well, I started High School Of The Dead on the recommendation of two people from my school. What the **** am I watching?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Anyone else sad that Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun is over? I hope it gets a season 2. Same goes with Invaders of the Rokujouma!? I hope that gets a season 2 as well.

Glasslip's ending was terrible. It started off really good too, which makes it more sad that it ended so badly. PA Works screwed up with RDG, I was hoping they could get back on track. I guess not. :(

Railwars wasn't bad, it's just the ending episode was incredibly normal. It was less exciting compared to quite a few of the episodes. I was really hoping for much more.

SAO II is finally becoming good with today's episode. I really enjoyed it.

Jinsei will be finished once I go on break, as I can't download FFF subs while at college. So I'll marathon it at home.

Space Dandy ends tonight, which is really sad. I think for me, it was the best show of the season.

I plan on watching a bunch this fall:
Amagi Brilliant Park
Daitoshokan no Hitsujika
Danna ga Nani wo Itteru ka Wakaranai Ken
Denki-Gai no Honya-san
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works
Girlfriend (Kari)
Grisaia no Kajitsu
Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de
Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji
Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu
Selector Spread WIXOSS
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Trinity Seven: 7-nin no Mahoutsukai
Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru

Last edited:

SmellTheJava

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0834-0767-5817
Yup, I went to see the premiere in LA. Can't wait for more.
I don't even know if I envy or hate you. Jokes aside, hope you enjoyed it.

How long was the whole Archer vs Lancer fight? I've heard people saying it was 15~ minutes long, that sounds pretty good.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't even know if I envy or hate you. Jokes aside, hope you enjoyed it.

How long was the whole Archer vs Lancer fight? I've heard people saying it was 15~ minutes long, that sounds pretty good.
Yeah, it was around that length. Since it was an 45 mins or so episode covering the prologue, that last bit was amazing. The animation and episode definitely did not disappoint, especially since it ended on Saber's awesome appearance.

SmellTheJava

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0834-0767-5817
Yeah, it was around that length. Since it was an 45 mins or so episode covering the prologue, that last bit was amazing. The animation and episode definitely did not disappoint, especially since it ended on Saber's awesome appearance.
Oh, that's pretty much everything in the prologue then.

Ah, I can't wait to see it, I know Ufotable will do a great job with both UBW and HF but the wait is killing me.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
So you're telling me there's 15 freakin' minutes dedicated to Lancer and Archer fighting? In the first episode?

Maybe this alone won't sway more people from getting into Fate/, unlike Fate/Zero Episode 1: Holy Grail War Pendantics Briefing. I can't ****ing wait to see this!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Reply @ the AgK convo because I read it just yesterday.

DAMMIT, Lubboc's death was seriously disappointing, I had high hopes for him as a character, as he was the kind of character I love: that one who outsmarts opponents rather than beat them head to head. I mean, he was obviously weak and wouldn't do great on that situation, but I really wanted him to escape even if he lost a limb in the process.
At least Shura is dead, I hated that guy.

Top Bottom