• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Reply @ the AgK convo because I read it just yesterday.

DAMMIT, Lubboc's death was seriously disappointing, I had high hopes for him as a character, as he was the kind of character I love: that one who outsmarts opponents rather than beat them head to head. I mean, he was obviously weak and wouldn't do great on that situation, but I really wanted him to escape even if he lost a limb in the process.
At least Shura is dead, I hated that guy.
NOOO WHY DID I click the spoilers!
He was my favorite character. Sucks to see him making an early exit.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Deen is the studio in charge right?

There's no reason to be happy for a second season then.
I still hold hope. I think there is a 30% chance that the new season of log horizon could be good. Only because it is the same director, and most of the other top guys are the same.

Reply @ the AgK convo because I read it just yesterday.

DAMMIT, Lubboc's death was seriously disappointing, I had high hopes for him as a character, as he was the kind of character I love: that one who outsmarts opponents rather than beat them head to head. I mean, he was obviously weak and wouldn't do great on that situation, but I really wanted him to escape even if he lost a limb in the process.
At least Shura is dead, I hated that guy.
I liked him for that reason. He died stupidly as well. He wasn't the type of guy who would charge in on a prediction that they would hold back. He would have thought it through....The writer for this series can't write a good ****ing death to save his life.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
So who else watched Episode 0 of Fate/Stay night: Unlimited Blade Works? Gotta say, I'm liking where its going already. The prologue introduces the path's character pair well. The storytelling direction is way different from Fate/Zero, but it's good nonetheless.

Oh, and dat Lancer vs. Archer fight tho! Looks like Ufotable spared us from the pedantic monotony of Fate/Zero Episode 1.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
So who else watched Episode 0 of Fate/Stay night: Unlimited Blade Works? Gotta say, I'm liking where its going already. The prologue introduces the path's character pair well. The storytelling direction is way different from Fate/Zero, but it's good nonetheless.

Oh, and dat Lancer vs. Archer fight tho! Looks like Ufotable spared us from the pedantic monotony of Fate/Zero Episode 1.
Definitely. I loved the prologue episode, it really set the tune well for the rest of the episodes. The quality of Fate/Zero animation is still there and this prologue episode was more interesting than the Fate/Zero one. The tone of Fate/Stay Night is generally light compared to Fate/Zero anyway. Plus this looks much better than the original Fate/Stay Night anime.

I agree on the fight scene, it was handled nicely. And this is definitely going to be better than the bare bones UBW movie. Although I wonder how they will handle the story heavy path of Heaven's Feel in a movie! And it is the longest path in Fate/Stay Night...

Ufotable is doing a great job, hope they continue their quality.

nessokman

Smash Lord
In the last week I've picked up 4 series to keep up with. I still haven't caught up on half of my series :/

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
anyone read claymore? Just saw that the series just wrapped up so I want to marathon it if its any good, and for anyone who's read it can you compare it to other mangas?

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
anyone read claymore? Just saw that the series just wrapped up so I want to marathon it if its any good, and for anyone who's read it can you compare it to other mangas?
Claymore is pretty good, towards the end it sort of lost its charm but overall it is a pleasant manga.
It has a female protagonist, cool fight sequences, however there is a lot of blood and gore. If I had to compare it to another manga, I would compare it to Beserk.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Titans eat humans aimlessly, they don't target animals or the like. Maybe titans don't just eat humans for no plain reason. Maybe titans choose to attack humans because the only lingering thought in their primitive mind is that by eating humans they can return to normal. An idea based off the fact revealed in the latest chapter. Forgive me if this was previously brought up, I haven't worded it right and/or I misread the latest chapter.

Last edited:

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
First off, I'm reeeeeeeeally happy that Chaika is back (Only ten episodes in the second season, but totally worth it).

Also, anyone been watching the Terra Formars anime? The censoring is beyond ********...I was so looking forward to seeing the gory scenes animated too.

nessokman

Smash Lord
First off, I'm reeeeeeeeally happy that Chaika is back (Only ten episodes in the second season, but totally worth it).

Also, anyone been watching the Terra Formars anime? The censoring is beyond ********...I was so looking forward to seeing the gory scenes animated too.
I watched the first episode and gave up. I like the character designs and story, but censoring is terribad. I'll read the manga.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Yea I heard that the first episode itself was horrible. Well anyway the manga came first so I was not going to try the anime anyway. Mostly.

So the manga is good right?

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
The manga's really good, I do recommend it. I haven't gotten through it completely though, I'm currently on Chapter 80-something.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Well, SAO II made me realize how ****ing much I hate summary episodes. We all know what freakin' happened, if you missed an episode during the week, GOOGLE IT. There is no need for these episodes. I waited a week for no freaking advancement of the plot. Good game, A-1 pictures.

Attack On Titan did it as well.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
So I burned through the Parasyte manga over the course of the previous week, and then found out earlier today that Madhouse is making a Parasyte anime, and that they've already started airing.

I watched the first episode earlier. Good art and animation. There isn't much censorship involved, if any, but there were a few curious choices made, concerning designs and scene placements. Still, since I've been in the Parasyte headspace for the past couple of weeks, I suppose I'll tag along (and especially since I have an anime space to fill with HxH's hiatus).

nessokman

Smash Lord
I'm going to go catch up on the new FairyTail anime. I can't help it, it's such a good anime. (art and animation wise)

Akame Ga Kill episode 14. That new theme song is great, also setting up my favorite arc of the series.

Last edited:

Xyzz

Smash Champion
When I started out watching Monster, I really liked it as well... but it just drags on and on. Way too many episodes that neither advance the main plot nor really add depth to any character. Well, people enjoy stuff like One Piece or Dragonball, too... I guess it's just me really disliking that sort of thing in comparison to others. (well, I don't mind it if the thing in questions is cute and/or funny enough without doing those things, but those are two adjectives I wouldn't really use to describe Monster :D)

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
So it seems the second season of Psycho-Pass is now out.

I watched the first two episodes. Interesting enough, thus far, though it isn't as engrossing as the first season, at least so far. Akane has come into her own as a badass Inspector, though. Quite the contrast from where she began in the first season.

I can also say that I got pretty pumped when I heard the glorious theme song playing in the background during the first episode's climax. This series has a great OST.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Akame this month-
Best fight of the series is about to start. Pumpkin is going to **** **** up.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Akame this month-
Best fight of the series is about to start. Pumpkin is going to **** **** up.
Stuff's about to get real. Who knows what Najenda actually planned.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Stuff's about to get real. Who knows what Najenda actually planned.
If I had to guess, use mein's extreme pumpkin power to distract esdese while they free tatsumi and get him his teigu, then have akame take out esdese.

Suzie

The Epitome of an Unparalleled Knight
Really enjoying Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso and Fate / stay night: Unlimited Blade Works. Sora no Method is also very interesting as well.

And ohmigosh, Akame ga Kill manga -- latest chapter :xx

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Finished Monster.

Pretty good, though that whole Bavaria ark was dragged out to long near its end.
Otherwise, 8.8/10.

"Well Richard, how about a drink?"

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
If I had to guess, use mein's extreme pumpkin power to distract esdese while they free tatsumi and get him his teigu, then have akame take out esdese.
Sounds easy on paper. Way too easy... Easdeath wouldn't fall for that.
ahhhhhhhh I expected that to be about the recent episode, didn't look at post context or post date. I didn't need to read that at all blehhhhhhhhhh

also I just finished guilty crown blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:sadsheep:
tbh, I expect most Night Raid characters to die: Najenda, Leone and maybe Mine, as long as none is as disappointing as Lubboc's

I actually like the Jaegers that are left more.

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
Anyone watching Nanatsu No Taizai?
I started reading the manga a while back, the anime is great.

Last edited:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Anyone watching Nanatsu No Taizai?
I started reading the manga a while back, the anime is great.
I had the misfortune of watching the most recent episode earlier. It's certainly not as bad as, say, Akame or Terra Formars, but great is definitely giving it too much credit. Diane's really busting my balls and the pantsu jokes got old rather quickly.

Have you tried Kiseijuu? It definitely seems more your speed.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I had the misfortune of watching the most recent episode earlier. It's certainly not as bad as, say, Akame or Terra Formars, but great is definitely giving it too much credit. Diane's really busting my balls and the pantsu jokes got old rather quickly.

Have you tried Kiseijuu? It definitely seems more your speed.
Haven't watched the recent episode yet. I hated Diane with a passion from the chapter she appeared in the manga. Greed is by far my favorite of all of the characters.

I might try Kiseijuu, but right now I've got to catch up on series I have been neglecting.

Top Bottom