• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

nessokman

Smash Lord
Akame Ga Kill is still amazing, the last episode was easily a 10/10. I'm now reading the manga, so freaking amazing.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I'll try it then, I was looking for something to detach me from Oowari no Seraph and Assassination Classroom. The former is cliche shonen manga.
The characters in akame are pretty cliche, but the action is pretty intense, and some of the later fights get really bloody. The anime is at 6 episodes, it's a great anime. (I actually recommend the anime, because the combination of the music/voices/animation makes it a great anime)

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

The characters in akame are pretty cliche, but the action is pretty intense, and some of the later fights get really bloody. The anime is at 6 episodes, it's a great anime. (I actually recommend the anime, because the combination of the music/voices/animation makes it a great anime)
Will make sure to try the anime thanks!

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
How is assassination classroom? I've heard some interesting things about it.
I don't know if there is an anime, I prefer reading manga, it is like a 6/10, it brings a new plot type(to me) but it is typical shonen jump manga which is predictable, but I read it for lols, I would recommend it if you've got nothing else to watch or read really.

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
I don't know if there is an anime, I prefer reading manga, it is like a 6/10, it brings a new plot type(to me) but it is typical shonen jump manga which is predictable, but I read it for lols, I would recommend it if you've got nothing else to watch or read really.
I might after I get caught up on all my series. I hope you enjoy akame!
:D

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i think assclass is pretty decent for a gag manga, i just dont see where it's going to go, or how it's going to go about getting there

6/10 seems a bit low

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, just a quick question for those of you who have seen Kill La Kill. IIRC, the manga is still ongoing, but is the anime "finished"? Sometimes the anime diverges from the manga for whatever reason. I usually don't like watching shows until the story is completely wrapped up (or at least an arc is finished in some cases) because I love to binge watch xD

Anyways, I've heard good stuff about it and was gonna give it a look soon. Thanks!

nessokman

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, just a quick question for those of you who have seen Kill La Kill. IIRC, the manga is still ongoing, but is the anime "finished"? Sometimes the anime diverges from the manga for whatever reason. I usually don't like watching shows until the story is completely wrapped up (or at least an arc is finished in some cases) because I love to binge watch xD

Anyways, I've heard good stuff about it and was gonna give it a look soon. Thanks!
the manga started around the same time as the anime, so I would assume that the manga is actually based off the anime.

Japsy

Banned via Warnings

Its the same thing and there's only 2 volumes completed even though it started the same time as the anime

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

There's a manga?!!!!!!

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Based on your profile pic, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you've taken a liking to Akame. Lubbock is my favorite character.

I believe that the manga started shortly after the anime started, and I want to say that the manga is based around the anime.Don't quote me on the latter though.
I did =D it's awesome.

nessokman

Smash Lord
It's pretty surprising how much akame has covered in 6 episodes, nearly 10 chapters! They've done well in staying true to the source material, and the pacing is always well done.

If 6 episodes covers ~10 chapters, and there are 24 episodes, they could very well cover 40 chapters. This is unless they decide to drag out some of the bigger fights, which I have no problem with.

I need something to tide me over until next Friday when akame chapter 52 comes out.

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Unfortunate, but not surprising.

I'll just look at it as the 2011 anime going on hiatus, because can something really be called Hunter x Hunter without at least one hiatus?
We'll have to wait and see how long the new arc in the manga takes. It's more a question of when it'll get it's chance, I really doubt we've seen the last of animated HxH.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Unfortunate, but not surprising.

I'll just look at it as the 2011 anime going on hiatus, because can something really be called Hunter x Hunter without at least one hiatus?
We'll have to wait and see how long the new arc in the manga takes. It's more a question of when it'll get it's chance, I really doubt we've seen the last of animated HxH.
Maybe do what FairyTail did and start a new series where the old one left off.

This arc will probably be twice the length of the freaking chimera ant, this is an entire continent they will be exploring.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

Someone needs to make a poster like this but replace the Star Wars stuff with stuff from SAO2. For starters, replace Luke with Kirito, Leia with Sinon, and Darth Vader with Death Gun and have them all in those same poses. It would look freaking awesome.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I haven't bothered with SAO II. There are far too many other series more deserving of my time.

Akame ga kill chapter 52 is the single best chapter of any series I've read all year.

Beautiful-

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I came here precisely to ask people's impressions about Akame ga Kill and I found out people here have been watching/reading it.

I presonally find it curious, intense, nerve-cracking, yet a bit visually exaggerated (in both ecchi and gore), but very enjoyable so far.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I came here precisely to ask people's impressions about Akame ga Kill and I found out people here have been watching/reading it.

I presonally find it curious, intense, nerve-cracking, yet a bit visually exaggerated (in both ecchi and gore), but very enjoyable so far.
Hi there. I thought it was off to a decent start, but quickly turned into something truly awful. The low point was around episode 5 when they delved into Sheele's past. I find it hard to connect with this clunky cast of characters. I don't foresee it improving, but maybe I'm just a stickler.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
colourful characters that try a little too hard to be colourful and a lot of shock value

and mc is plain as dirt in comparison which is kind of an odd contrast

honestly like the 'villains' more than the main cast

ill watch it but im not hype about it

nessokman

Smash Lord
Akame is one of those series that gets better later in. Last week's episode was the last in the intro arc of the story. The manga didn't get good until where the anime is now. It could either get really good here, or go completely down the drain, it's all up to how White Fox decided to adapt the material.
honestly like the 'villains' more than the main cast
This is the most truthful thing you can say about akame, it's how almost everyone feels about it.

The manga is incredible.This series feels a lot better reading it that watching it.(For me) The manga feels more epic than the anime.

finalark

SNORLAX
Normally manga tends to be better than it's anime counterparts, so I'm not really surprised.

Actually, I don't think I've ever found a series when the anime was better unless the manga came later.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
Normally manga tends to be better than it's anime counterparts, so I'm not really surprised.

Actually, I don't think I've ever found a series when the anime was better unless the manga came later.
I agree. Manga!One Piece is phenomenal and possibly the best thing in the world save Shulk making it into Smash. Anime!One Piece is kinda meh. However, I'd have to disagree about JoJo. It's turning out that the anime could possibly be better than the manga. Potentially.

Top Bottom