• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geeks + Gamers Brawl Tournament - Free $20 to the car that drives furthest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I talked to him yesterday and we came up with this~
~registration/starting stuff @ 2:00cst/3:00eastern. (this should allow us to have both singles and doubles; singles will most likely be first ~just in case we have time issues).
~10 dollar door fee~ like my brother said, all other games are having a 10 dollar door fee so it looks like we have to do the same.
~We have 3 full setups atm~ Geeks & Gamers will be able to provide 3 wiis, but we have to bring tvs for those setups.
This is all tentative, and we'll know how all this will pan out by next wk.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I can bring a Wii, but I don't have a television small enough to bring anywhere lol.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm worried about the venue fee, because it makes me feel like this is going to become Alabama's equivalent of ATL Revival. No one wants to pay a $10 door fee and a $10 entry fee to play in a single local tournament. :/

Umby

Smash Master
As long as you don't sell those small, canned drinks for $2, advertise a mansion for the venue when it's just a house down the street, or renege on a free MLG pass I'm not going to be phazed.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
As long as you don't sell those small, canned drinks for $2, advertise a mansion for the venue when it's just a house down the street, or renege on a free MLG pass I'm not going to be phazed.
Like hell you won't.

Silly context jokes aside, this tournament will run smoothly, we'll have plenty of space for ourselves, and restaurants will be a short drive (even a walk) away. If there is no great trouble, we'll try a $10 door fee and see what happens. I'll try to make it worth everyone's while.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Will it spook off those Casuals though? They were great fun and made us seem like great crowd pleasers. Not to mention that they were majority of the attendance last time lol

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Will it spook off those Casuals though? They were great fun and made us seem like great crowd pleasers. Not to mention that they were majority of the attendance last time lol
I'm not sure. Regardless, I think many of them won't be returning anyway, since they now know that they don't stand a chance against us.

That said, I've talked to at least one of them who wants to improve and learn the game, so, that's a nice plus.

Also, I had an idea for getting them and other people to enter Doubles. They do this in San Antonio, and it seems like a nice idea. How would you feel about Doubles with a randomized partner? It would create impromptu and unorthodox character combinations, and it will allow people to team with someone they would otherwise never get a chance to, for better or for worse.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I
Also, I had an idea for getting them and other people to enter Doubles. They do this in San Antonio, and it seems like a nice idea. How would you feel about Doubles with a randomized partner? It would create impromptu and unorthodox character combinations, and it will allow people to team with someone they would otherwise never get a chance to, for better or for worse.
doubles with random partners sounds fun

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Going all R.O.B. for sure. Not even going to hover over Kirby this tournament. I'll try to drag some people along.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
If GA can organize a car, I'll try to come. Otherwise I can't promise anything D: but I want to see my AL brethren again.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If any of you can bring set-ups (or even partial set-ups), it would be greatly appreciated.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I've got a full setup in my car at all times. It's a sad life.
Me too.

3 set-ups out of Mobile, for the record.

Random partner doubles would be fun. I'd enjoy myself, but I DEFINITELY want it to be the exception, not the rule. I want to continue improving with my doubles partner.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
It's close enough to say it's confirmed. There won't be any more Vacation tripes after next week.

I'll most likely bring my wii set up

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Everyone needs to get hyped for this tournament!
I want to level this building with our hype cannon, provided for us by Super Soaker Incorporated!

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Hey guys,
this hasn't been updated yet, but we are going to have registration start @ 12:00 and the random doubles will start @ 1:00. So everyone needs to make an effort to get there on time. We will not be waiting super long for late ppl, so prepare to leave early just in case.

DOODE

Smash Cadet
You can put me down as going! I want friendlies with EVERYONE there pleeeeaase! I need dat matchup experience :3

DOODE

Smash Cadet
Looking forward to meeting you man. Are you coming with Saint?
yuppers, it'll be cool to meet you too man but like saint said I've only been to like 2 legit tourneys, hasl and an anime con LOL.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
He didn't get out of pools but he was a pretty solid player for someone who rarely gets out. If it would have been top 4 get out of pools like originally promised then he would have made it to brackets. Alas due to time reason it got made top 3 and the top 3 from his pool were myself, Cam, and Will.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
He didn't get out of pools but he was a pretty solid player for someone who rarely gets out. If it would have been top 4 get out of pools like originally promised then he would have made it to brackets. Alas due to time reason it got made top 3 and the top 3 from his pool were myself, Cam, and Will.
Yeah, that sounds like a pretty tough pool. I'm starting to get ready for this. Less than a month away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom