• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I can now officially say that I am now as good as I once was at GoW2. Finally a GoW2 beast again.

Anyone who wants to play with me sometime, just let me know! I'm always playing by myself... :(

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Once you learn to wall bounce in this game, you can honestly take your game to a whole new level. Wall bounce -> blind fire body/melee is one of the easiest ways to take out an enemy. It also makes the game seem more fast paced, but regardless I love the multiplayer.

The only thing I really dislike is how long it takes to level up, but that doesn't matter really since being a high level means nothing in this game. I thoroughly shotgun fights in this game, and if I ever get downed in a single shot or two it's simply my mistake. I don't think it's overpowered or anything unless it's the host, which in that case it is, but we're all probably familiar with that by now.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You know what makes me lol about this game? The multiplayer. I mean, people will actually complain if you steal their kills even though the fact that the actual points for the kill doesn't matter that much and people will also curse you out.

So far I'm loving hte multiplayer of this game. I mean, the camping in spawn spots in modes like guardian is annoying as ****, but it's not MW2 annoying.

(and yes, I just bumped this thread. Get @ me)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
You know what makes me lol about this game? The multiplayer. I mean, people will actually complain if you steal their kills even though the fact that the actual points for the kill doesn't matter that much and people will also curse you out.

So far I'm loving hte multiplayer of this game. I mean, the camping in spawn spots in modes like guardian is annoying as ****, but it's not MW2 annoying.

(and yes, I just bumped this thread. Get @ me)
Yeah, but your post actually added to the conversation/discussion so your bump is justified.

And here's some good news for you Gears of War 2 players:

http://twitter.com/GearsViking

Gears 2 All Fronts DLC is on sale! You get 19 MP maps and a deleted campaign chapter for $5
4x XP from October 12 to 28, also... in honor of Halloween, earn an amazing 31x XP from October 29 to November 1!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Lol, I got those 19 map packs yesterday. The deleted scene is AMAZING. I wish that the costumes that Dom and Marcus put on were actually in the multiplayer. That would be so boss. And man those new maps. They completely aweified me. I mean OMG BRUMAK CROSSING IN HIGHWAY!!!!!!!!

Simply amazing. Now THAT is something I'd be willing to dish money out on unlike thsoe ****ty maps in MW2 >_>

EDIT:

You forget Security

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
Security is not that bad lol and I never even get to play on the new maps :/
every time I go in social it's usually bots. I'd rather just play ranked

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Oh my god ****ing Pavilion.

So many maps have such bad spawn spots and the game has such a bad spawn system in respawn games it ain't even funny. Not even 5 seconds and I'm shotgunned or claymored by some guy who's ****ing camping up the place

That's also another thing that's annoying. Grenades. They made them too powerful by making them stickable in this game imo.

Still better than MW2 hehe

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I thought they nerfed grenades in Gears of War 2's multi-player.

And you sure love insulting MW2, don't you?

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
Gernades aren't that bad, like people always put them in the usual spots so you just gotta do the quick roll back to make them go off. If anything sometimes they could be useless and only stall the opponent from getting to you.

off topic: why do you both have avatars of poorly drawn pokemon?
assuming fuelbi's is a psyduck with cool glasses and idk what the blue thing is lol.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Gernades aren't that bad, like people always put them in the usual spots so you just gotta do the quick roll back to make them go off. If anything sometimes they could be useless and only stall the opponent from getting to you.

off topic: why do you both have avatars of poorly drawn pokemon?
assuming fuelbi's is a psyduck with cool glasses and idk what the blue thing is lol.
Can't you just shoot them to detonate them? I am unsure on this as I haven't played Gears of War 2's online multi-player for quite some time.

And I have an avatar what Charizard would look like as a cutemon cause I'm cool like that. :bee:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It's just annoying because when I try to go through a door I randomly explode :/

And it was at first just a psyduck with sunglasses. Then it got 3D glasses, then it got a mask (which are what the blue things are) which also came with goggles. Then it got Pikachu cheek pouch thingies, then it finally got Super Sayain hair which is what we have today.

Also, I also gave my avatar GoW clothes :bee:

And we need to start getting more people to play this game online. It sucks playing with randoms

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Oh my god what just happened was so lol. On Highway in Annex, we one by ONE point XD. These guys were about to win until me and someone else stormed the **** out of their flag and started going from 140 to 200 XD. We stopped them at 199 and it was so freaking hilarious. Then I saw the grinder gun turret thing on the ground so I picked it up and helped defend the fort by mauling people who came even an inch close to me XD

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Oh, you guys.
I'm too good at this game for you.
I play execution BECAUSE of the spawn system. I like the competetive use of shotguns (I can wallbounce productively, but it is kind of useless since TU6).
Pavillion is a GREAT stage for execution. It lets people stray from the usual "go and gib bro". Nade plants are the only problem there.
Security is the most balanced MP map. It has no power weapons, encourages lancer use, but also encourages shotgun use. Teamwork is necessary, etc etc.
The worst map in the game is Hale.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Security is only balanced uptil the point when you play respawn modes which people can just camp at your spawn

God I have such a bad aim with shotguns. When I'm literally right next to the person, I miss the shot and get ***** instead

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Yeah...
but I play execution
Its balanced for execution. Anybody can camp your spawn on any level, some are just worse (blood drive, for example).
Blood Drive is the most played level, and it becomes silly when you play anything with respawns.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So I see people running around with golden lancers... what's up with that? Do you download it off the marketplace or something?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So I see people running around with golden lancers... what's up with that? Do you download it off the marketplace or something?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gears_of_war_2

A Limited Edition of the game was confirmed on February 20, 2008. On July 14, 2008, more information about the Limited Edition's contents was revealed. The edition features alternate cover art, a SteelBook case with a bonus content DVD, a book entitled Beneath the Surface: An Inside Look at Gears of War 2, which includes concept art and story-related information, a keepsake photo of Dominic and Maria, and an exclusive Xbox Live code to unlock a gold-plated Lancer for online play.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
**** I shoulda waited for the LE to get that code >_____>
Why? It's not like it makes you play any better. Like, when I used to play Gears of War 2 online with my friends, when they died, I'd just take their gold lancer. ;)

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Yeeeah, respawn game types are a joke. There's a lot of ****ty maps in this game, but it's whatever. Nades ruin a lot of maps B(

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
I think gaurdian is legit
The other gametypes that have respawn though are pretty bad though
especially submission I wouldn't be surprised if it was the least played mode.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
This game has a plethora of good maps especially if you have all of the DLC maps.

Regular maps
Jacinto - amazing
Avalanche - good
Security - amazing
River - stupid (better in customs)
Blood Drive - good (lame in pubs)
Pavilion - good (customs only, in pubs it's a joke)
Stasis - i'm on and off with this map
Hail - complete trash
Ruins - stupid
Day One - TRASH

Retro maps
canals -amazing map
mansion - arite map
gridlock - amazing map
tyro station - garbage
subway - garbage

Combustible maps
Flood - TRASH
gold rush - playable
fuel station - TRAAAAASH

Snowblind maps
courtyard - playable
grindyard - trash
fuel depot - amazing
underhill -stupid

Dark Corners
all fathers garden - playable
memorial - playable
war machine - amazing (i wish weaps didn't switch off though.. boom on that is dumb)
highway - trash
waystation - trash
nowhere - trash

in my opinion, that's 13 ****ty maps out of 29. They did a good job on certain maps, but tbh.. they should have just added clocktower instead of those 13 garbage maps. (Lol @ epic for milking the **** out of gow2 with all these packs)

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Ruins is one of the most competitively viable maps.
The power weapons arent overpowered.
You only see grenade abuse every once in a while (which the map is big and you shouldn't run into them if you're smart).
It has 2 flank options. It has a bridge that is perfect for picking off lancer noobs. You dont die trying to get power weapons, and it only has one set of power weapons.
Its great.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Ruins is one of the most competitively viable maps.
The power weapons arent overpowered.
You only see grenade abuse every once in a while (which the map is big and you shouldn't run into them if you're smart).
It has 2 flank options. It has a bridge that is perfect for picking off lancer noobs. You dont die trying to get power weapons, and it only has one set of power weapons.
Its great.
it was good with bursts, but they switched it out once gb made the change to lancers. Ruins was one of the maps that turned out much better in customs, but yeah, in my opinion the map is OKAY. Pubs it's a joke for sure, nades ruin it. You CAN die trying to pick up power weaps, if the team is smart they should be battling for the bridge, and at the same time shooting down the other sides power weap. (Possibly having someone else rush the other teams weap to execute)

k imma stop typin stupid pub strats LOL.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I never have trouble in publics.
I just had my friend teach me how to wallbounce. The shotgun is still overpowered for a game that doesnt want to be shotgun based.
Plus, I always get host.
To be honest, I slacked after the last touchup because of the updated gib damage limit.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
yeah, the game is really rough right now... Shotgun does a little TOO much damage, lancer/burst is too good... it's just annoying, i kind of stopped playing because of that reason. They made all the starting weapons stronger, then they made the title update for client side hit detection, and changed the spread of the shotty... if they would have just done the update, and ditched the starting weapon buff i think it would be a little better. Shotgun was fine before, just a little inconsistent, which I think client side hit detection fixed. But the strength of the gun is WAY too high right now. Not to mention I hate having 16 bullets... they need to bring it back to 24 bullets in a shotty.

wall-bouncing is a little over used imo, ppl have to remember that strafe is also important, just like in any shooter.

edit: with all this gow talk i kinda wanna play it again D:< After i finish these papers for the week, i'll probably turn on my xbox again. It'll probably be next week, if anyone is down to play<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom