• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX and HRNut Present: Brawl Wars I - A New Hope 9/20/08

Finch

Smash Lord
This is so ********. I bet there's more than one venue you could host a tournament at in FVCKING ORLANDO. This is why SFL is better than CFL. We have one tournament a month because no one else hosts tournaments here. Find a **** orlando venue so you get more attendance and CFL gets a better smash scene.

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
This is so ********. I bet there's more than one venue you could host a tournament at in FVCKING ORLANDO. This is why SFL is better than CFL. We have one tournament a month because no one else hosts tournaments here. Find a **** orlando venue so you get more attendance and CFL gets a better smash scene.

Guess what, MWFL needs a bigger scene/attendance too, and GDX loves the venue down here. He's trying to make the tourney bigger, since a certain someone in SFL decided to post a tourney on the same date as mine.

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
im goin to this for sure......

polmex can i get a ride wit u..im goin to this 10000000% this time...imma call of work for this....emil me and u need to get some trainin...we can own this torney e-z...THA COO *** CREW!!!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
well finch, if you would've read through the posts in this thread, you'd know that im currently trying to host a tourney in orlando on 9/13, and i should find out this week if i will be able to :laugh:

o yea. BRING TVS AND WIIS

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
If I manage to come down with my crew, we'll need housing. It's about a 7 hour drive.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'm training Rice to own in Brawl. We already have a team tactic that's pretty broken. Now we just need a tourney to wreck with it.

Finch

Smash Lord
well finch, if you would've read through the posts in this thread, you'd know that im currently trying to host a tourney in orlando on 9/13, and i should find out this week if i will be able to :laugh:

o yea. BRING TVS AND WIIS
I did actually, but this should be in orlando too. I don't know why I got so worked up since I don't care that much right now.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I'll see if i can talk seibrik into driving to this, and getting others to help pay for gas i'd love to attend.
Mark me down for coming, i'll try hard to make this.

Gingerr ask Hunter if he'd be interested! Or i'll ask him wednesday, i doubt he'd want to but you never know.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Bring wiis and tvs, or else

Also want to remind all of you, incase you didnt read, that I will host a $5 Foosball tournament if enough are interested. Ill host it if i get 4 people, and im one of them, so 3 more :laugh:

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Not sure. I'll get back to you after talking it over with the guys. Probably 5 at most.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
im sure polmex would house people. I wonder how many...Ill also have to get with abe to see if hes up for housing anyone.

I want this tourney to be huge. Because once you people see the venue itself, you really will want to have more tourneys here. I want multiple full cars from each region to come to this. Which is what explains the subtitle for this tourney. I also want to play more foosball, as it is clearly the best game ever. You guys will have fun...I'll even make sure to make copies of mapquest directions to the nearest dennys/ihop for afterwards

And there is a 360 there. So, I officially challenge anyone to a $5mm in Madden 2009. GET WRECKED :laugh:

bring wiis/tvs. GET PREPARED

This tourney is gonna be great. GET HYPED

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
no offense but f the west cost. i dont mind goin north or south but west : / kinda iffy. if equi wants to go, ill prolly be there.

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
lmaooooo...polmex is goin to have every1 from fl in his house....lol he should jus have a fest on sunday or something.....afro i miss you man...ur to good..i would say we should team

Afro Thundah + Jerri Curl Lightning = Team Hair Storm....

But me and Lime team for this....we got this...

AfroQT

Smash Master
lmaooooo...polmex is goin to have every1 from fl in his house....lol he should jus have a fest on sunday or something.....afro i miss you man...ur to good..i would say we should team

Bro who could beat us? We could use our hair to block the opponents view of the tv.
Best strat ever.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion

Bro who could beat us? We could use our hair to block the opponents view of the tv.
Best strat ever.
I was thinking something along the lines of that lol...you guys should do that eventually.....

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
no offense but f the west cost. i dont mind goin north or south but west : / kinda iffy. if equi wants to go, ill prolly be there.
see. its stuff like that which is the reason why tampa tourney attendance is overall bad. Simply put, this is the best tourney venue to date since hard knocks, because:

-Its bigger than any other tourney venue for brawl except hard knocks
-If people have extra component cables, there are already 5 nice TVs with no lag onsite. If no one has component cables, there are 2-3 no lag nice TVs
-It has a pool table, a Foosball table, and possibly an air hockey table by the time the tourney comes around
-Awesome staff. Kamano and Owner make it for a nice experience. The owner is pretty good in foosball too :laugh:

so come with equi, bring other random people you know that will put into the pot, and BRING WIIS AND TVS.

and again, official $10 MM to anyone in Madden 2009 for 360, $5 pool MM, $5 foosball MM

lanodyssey

Smash Rookie
see. its stuff like that which is the reason why tampa tourney attendance is overall bad. Simply put, this is the best tourney venue to date since hard knocks, because:

-If people have extra component cables, there are already 5 nice TVs with no lag onsite. If no one has component cables, there are 2-3 no lag nice TVs
-It has a pool table, a Foosball table, and possibly an air hockey table by the time the tourney comes around
-Awesome staff. Kamano and Owner make it for a nice experience. The owner is pretty good in foosball too :laugh:

so come with equi, bring other random people you know that will put into the pot, and BRING WIIS AND TVS.

and again, official $10 MM to anyone in Madden 2009 for 360, $5 pool MM, $5 foosball MM
Thanks GDX about the Foosball Compliment. Better bring your game next time!

IT'S GONNA BE A DIFFERENT OUTCOME!!:chuckle:

PolMex23

Smash Champion
^ the owner is the best xD

Ok ill cap my house at ...idk 10 peeps. If I like you then i can bump that up...

My mom will kill me, but its all good =).

Yes, I cant wait.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Thanks GDX about the Foosball Compliment. Better bring your game next time!

IT'S GONNA BE A DIFFERENT OUTCOME!!:chuckle:
oh shi-

ladies and gentlemen, i present to you, the badass owner of the lan odyssey lan center

...apparently ready to bring it in some foosball. Im making sure hes in the foosball tournament im hosting. All we need is 2 more and we got a party :laugh:

owner, are you going to have that air hockey table you were talking about by the time this tourney starts? Foosball is the superior game, but i was just wondering cause air hockey is fun too

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
reserve me 5 spots, then I'll let you know whether or not I need them. I just don't want to miss out on housing since my crew would need it the most. It's a longer drive than SFL.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
If NFL goes (we probably will), we'd like some housing (priority to Manko and crew of course).

I'll MM anyone in air hockey and random matches (all items, all stages, all random) for $1 or food! :lick:
how many you think coming gmoney, 5?

yea manko's crew should def. get housing at polmex house, followed by you guys. and then anyone else if he wants. I remember one tourney he had like 14-15 people over one weekend (best house tourney ever btw).

Ill try to get ahold of abe, and anyone else in the region who can house anyone. Even being able to house 2-3 people helps. I'd house people, but i live 2 hours from the joint. To free up more housing, im leaving from orlando saturday morning.

But, ill add manko and 4 of his crewmates on the attendance list at least

Kamano

Smash Journeyman

Actually component cables aren't an issue anymore. Rich (the owner :p) got 4 sets of them, so between the TVs that are already in place and any people may bring, we should be set for lagless games.

And what's this about me making it a nice experience? I don't do anything special. I just pretend I have some idea how to run a tournament. :laugh:

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Well, last I heard, it was only going to be a cat 1 when it hit us,... wherever that was. I should also warn you that I haven't watched the news in a while. You shouldn't be too worried, as long as you're prepared, you'll be fine.

But yeah, over glorified thunderstorm...

Top Bottom