• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gatling Combo question

Revolce

Smash Cadet
I'm confused on why everyone keeps saying "Use down C to dash, let it hit, and then initiate the upsmash using up+Z"
Honestly that seems harder than what I do, which is pretty **** simple.
I just run and smash down c then immediately smash up c. It works every time and you don't have to time it at all.
I don't know it just seems that with DACUS and Gatling Combo using the same button combo, changing it to two different combos (and easier IMO) would be simpler...
anyways...

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Your point is valid, except C up doesn't work if you don't hit with the dash attack, but otherwise yeah this is much easier.

Revolce

Smash Cadet
Ah, okay. Now it makes more sense. Yeah if they spot dodge it doesn't work...
If they shield it does but yeah..
Okay thanks.

Rimmer

Smash Rookie
I dash attack with A, then jam the c-stick up =)
That must require quick fingers, unless you hold the controller in a strange way.

I never manage to do it only using the C-stick. C-stick+Up-Z works every time, however. I use that combination for gatling and boost smash while using dash-A+Back-Z for boost pivot grabbing.

DR809

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3754-7546-8239
imo its easier when you dash c stick down then up.

JWah

Smash Rookie
That must require quick fingers, unless you hold the controller in a strange way.

I never manage to do it only using the C-stick. C-stick+Up-Z works every time, however. I use that combination for gatling and boost smash while using dash-A+Back-Z for boost pivot grabbing.
Quick thumbs, I guess.
I hit it every time though. And I could never get used to dash attacking with the c-stick down/left/right =\

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I don't do any fancy controller configurations, I just dash->side/down-C->U-smash with the A button. I don't see any need to change up my controls just for one character. It takes fast fingers, good thing I have fast fingers.

Pentarch

Smash Rookie
I'm so glad I practiced doing this same exact premise with Snake (I don't play him for anything more than messing around. :p) Dash-A into a C-Stick: UP, is a lot easier for me to do than whatever that other combination. It seems like people are really over complicating techs, just like boost-sliding into UP-Smashes, just quickly dashing, and UP-A charging works nearly 100% of the time for me, the other combo is very iffy.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I'm so glad I practiced doing this same exact premise with Snake (I don't play him for anything more than messing around. :p) Dash-A into a C-Stick: UP, is a lot easier for me to do than whatever that other combination. It seems like people are really over complicating techs, just like boost-sliding into UP-Smashes, just quickly dashing, and UP-A charging works nearly 100% of the time for me, the other combo is very iffy.
perhaps you should compare the distance of your jump canceled up smash to that of the boost smash (done correctly), then you will see why people do it that way.

CY

Smash Ace
mash c stick down > c stick up is sooo much easier. it only works when you hit thought. i'm sure this has been said though.

§witch

Smash Lord
Or, we could just get character board active mods...
EDIT: lol, not going to happen. Stupid people won't look at the stickies first anyways.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
i dont understand why its so hard to go from dashing a to up on the c stick. it definately does not require that much speed to do. and its really the easiest way and its the way it should really work. its call dash attack for a reason. dash attacking with the c stick is pointless since thats what the a button is for.

Denzi

Smash Master
I'm confused on why everyone keeps saying "Use down C to dash, let it hit, and then initiate the upsmash using up+Z"
Honestly that seems harder than what I do, which is pretty **** simple.
I just run and smash down c then immediately smash up c. It works every time and you don't have to time it at all.
I don't know it just seems that with DACUS and Gatling Combo using the same button combo, changing it to two different combos (and easier IMO) would be simpler...
anyways...
^Two words for the same thing.
When you say DACUS are you referring to the Boost Usmash?

Top Bottom