• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gathering of the Brethren II: I Can't Believe it's Not Bill, 7/10, Chapel Hill, NC

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I hate that you're not in NC for this.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
kack, calm down.

i've been talking to craig and sushi and kevin. they'll figure something out for you

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
stingers my friend code is in the left...I will add you; hope to see you (very) soon.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
kack, calm down.

i've been talking to craig and sushi and kevin. they'll figure something out for you
I'm not mad, just a bit disappointed. Thanks for all your help Stingers <3.
Thank you to Kadaj, Sushi and PP too.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
sry i'm so bad....still trying to get used to the lag. btw do u know if wifi has buffer?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well you havent really gone for any lks haha. and zelda doesnt really have combos =[ actually, scratch that. brawl doesnt really have combos lol

and idk what to say about the dacus, the inputs the same =/ I got it with link every time

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
Zelda should be able to forward tilt u, up smash u, then jump and neutral a you. and if your lucky, depending on DI, she should be able to din's fire and lk you.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ggs. if you want, I could give advice =] but if you don't, it's fine. it was fun either way =p

and that's not a true combo, try it in training mode :p

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well...you have a lot of bad habits. most of them very noticeable.

for one, you never tried to grab me, which let me safely put up a shield any time I thought you were going to approach. If you did approach it was either always with a shiek dash attack. with zelda you rarely approached, however this meant I could always walk up to you and shield your attacks safely.

every time you landed an fsmash with zelda, you always chased and tried to usmash me afterwards. that's not a good strategy because I have so many options after being knocked in the air away from an fsmash that the odds of landing a usmash are very slim.

with zelda, every time you were about half the stage away or more you would ALWAYS dins fire. dins fire is a terrible projectile because it's so slow and it doesnt shield stab. if you see it coming near you all you have to do is hold R and you're 100% safe. this let me walk safely up to you when you were trying to use dins fire and punish you most of the time.

every time you would roll behind me you would try to dsmash whether you were shiek or zelda. they both have good dsmashes, but neither of them are safe on shield. and since you never grab, if I saw a roll all I had to do was hold shield and it was a free hit after I blocked your dsmash.

zelda has pretty good air speed, but 90% of the time you stayed grounded. jumping towards your opponent with a falling nair is a great way to advance on your opponent while staying pretty safe (disjoints like mk's aerials and all of marths attacks would beat it obviously, so thats when you've got to just know your matchups). and if you hit the ground while your opponent is still in your nair, a multitude of options open up (grab, dtilt, etc.)

you also hardly ever dtilted which is probably zeldas best move. it true combos into itself after...a certain percentage, I forget what. they can still SDI out but you're basically guaranteed 2 hits or a follow up. amazing move there.

and yuh, get that shiek dacus down :p and needle more, you never needled =[

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
thanks. I love Zelda's grabs. they're awesome. but she doesn't grab until the 13th frame so I'm afraid to approach with a grab. I usually get punished. But I guess mixing it up would make my usmash more reliable. I like her dtilt but I haven't had enough matchups with enough good players to know when to use it. Approaching with it is a bust. It only seems to land if they are trying to dash attack you and that is only with some characters. Any advice on landing such a slow grab and having the dtilt be more reliable?

mb?

Smash Journeyman
hey does any one have some room left in there car for me b/c i need a ride to this you wont have to pick me up i can get a ride to your house

stingers

Smash Obsessed
dtilt is safe. feel free to walk up and dtilt someones shield. well unless they powershield but then nothing is safe. its great shield pressure. though if you do it once and try to do it again, the move is fairly slow so you might get punished for it then. but one dtilt on a shield is safe afaik

and Idk zeldas grab sucks but its way better then dsmashing my shield every single time and getting punished lol. just mix it up on shields. pivot grab peoples approaches. generally when you're behind a shield the other person has so few options that getting punished for a grab attempt never happens

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
mb where you from; I live in durham; I can give you ride if you can get here/most of the way here

DAftFlip

Smash Journeyman
I'm almost as interested in seeing how everyone gets here as I am in the actual tournament.

daft
kackamee
stingers and jim
ali
snaps car
crios car
yays car?

DRAMAAAAAA
Interesting. Yet another person who thinks that Crio is coming. He
told me he wasn't when I asked him for a ride when we were hanging
out the other day. Curiouser and Curiouser. lol

Yeah, how am I getting there xacly?

mb?

Smash Journeyman
hey does any one have some room left in there car for me b/c i need a ride to this you wont have to pick me up i can get a ride to your house

stingers

Smash Obsessed
daft, crio wont pick up the phone for dylan, so he may not be coming >.> I really need to get in contact with him lol

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LOL there is no way everyone is getting here. A lot of west NC is probably boned.

My car is lookin like:

Me, Twitch, Ali, Peter, Snap

At the moment, but I can't get in touch with Ali so then Kadaj would be the first replacement I make.

MORE DETAILS COMING SOON.

Top Bottom