• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's "Hotspots"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

PURPLE FIIIAAA shows where Ganondorf is dangerous.

I believe I don't have to explain the picture.

Does this picture seem right to you?

Discuss!

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
Change all the non-**** circles to **** circles.

And put snooze circles in areas he can't go/recover from.

Cool pic btw.

@HomE

Smash Ace
Why FinalD, and not BF....?

BF is a MUCH better Ganon level, and would probably have more interesting "hot spots"

BESIDES all that..

i think the very edge should be AT LEAST a "Dorf Zone" maybe more. the DBS (down B spike) i know no one uses it but it an option, or just thunderstorming by the edge gets me spikes.

other then that it looks good

DO BF! hehe

TP

Smash Master
I like how you made the circles slightly larger where Ganon normally does a FoG from.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
i think the very edge should be AT LEAST a "Dorf Zone" maybe more. the DBS (down B spike) i know no one uses it but it an option, or just thunderstorming by the edge gets me spikes.
The biggest zones includes what you just described.

I like how you made the circles slightly larger where Ganon normally does a FoG from.
Actually, what I had in mind was the areas where you start the outwards WCK...
But yeah, FoG too : )

@HomE

Smash Ace
The biggest zones includes what you just described.

im talking about the smallest circle thats still on the stage nearest to the edge, i think is a pretty good spot for Ganon, maybe thats just me.

I WILL ADMIT, I do play recklessly... not really Ganon's specialty... But, thats just how I roll (and loose haha)

p.s. I totally knew those bigger circles were for WKC :) but that is where FoG would happen also I suppose.

Off topic EDIT: when are they going to put those Ganon $1,000,000 bills into circulation? i would like to get my hands on one of those :)

LinkSceptile333

Smash Journeyman
That's actually really accurate. You should do one on Battlefield, since Ganon tends to let loose more on that stage (and when I say that, I mean he takes pity on Final Destination).

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
im talking about the smallest circle thats still on the stage nearest to the edge, i think is a pretty good spot for Ganon, maybe thats just me.
I may have missplaced those big circles a bit... DownB spike over ground (near ledge) is included. Take the pic with a pinch of salt ;]

when are they going to put those Ganon $1,000,000 bills into circulation? i would like to get my hands on one of those
They're already out :o

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
  • As Ganon, I don't want to be at the farthest off-stage circle, because even with forward momentum it's going to be tight trying to ward off an edgeguarder and recover in time. This is more hopeless than being on stage with a projectile opponent.
  • Ganon can be scarey if he's near the ledge with an enemy off stage - this is when the KO happens. But, if Ganon is in that same spot with an enemy on the other side of the stage (+projectile), Ganon is at his weakest. The discrepancy on the stage is entirely dependent on where the enemy is.
  • Ganon is weak when he's being juggled in the air, but he's amazing if he's doing the juggling. Same spot, entirely different power depending on circumstance.
  • It'd be better to do analysis on where the enemy is rather than where Ganon is.

@HomE

Smash Ace
  • As Ganon, I don't want to be at the farthest off-stage circle, because even with forward momentum it's going to be tight trying to ward off an edgeguarder and recover in time. This is more hopeless than being on stage with a projectile opponent.
  • Ganon can be scarey if he's near the ledge with an enemy off stage - this is when the KO happens. But, if Ganon is in that same spot with an enemy on the other side of the stage (+projectile), Ganon is at his weakest. The discrepancy on the stage is entirely dependent on where the enemy is.
  • Ganon is weak when he's being juggled in the air, but he's amazing if he's doing the juggling. Same spot, entirely different power depending on circumstance.
  • It'd be better to do analysis on where the enemy is rather than where Ganon is.

I agree with ALL of this

but mostly the bold

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Add "****" Zones to just above the edges of the platform. Also add "Dorf" Zone a little bit above the center of the platform, and "Nothing Much" Zone just above the whole platform.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
  • As Ganon, I don't want to be at the farthest off-stage circle, because even with forward momentum it's going to be tight trying to ward off an edgeguarder and recover in time.
  • Not if you're used to Ganon and his off stage game.

This is more hopeless than being on stage with a projectile opponent.
    So you're saying it's harder to gimp/spike/OffStageKO Falco, than dealing with his DJL's ?

But, if Ganon is in that same spot with an enemy on the other side of the stage (+projectile), Ganon is at his weakest.
    Then, don't stay there =_=

but he's amazing if he's doing the juggling. Same spot, entirely different power depending on circumstance.
    Yeah, but then again, Ganon isn't good at juggling. He can be pretty effective at land chasing, but his juggling skills isn't that great compared to many chars.

It'd be better to do analysis on where the enemy is rather than where Ganon is.
That's pretty much the same thing.
I mean, you don't go to the right repe zone if the opponent is at the left...

EDIT: Picture edited.
I made the edge circles bigger (on stage edgeguarding) per request.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
if you wanted ganon to have hotspots at all, you probably should have put a picture of a Melee stage instead, since he didn't suck large horse ***** in that game.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
You should also turn the two circles next to those areas (not the center one, the ones facing the edges) as 'dorf zones because they're approximately where you start the outwards WKC if the Wizard's Kick hits the opponent, then you can hit them for a c-c-c-c-combo!

No further complaints.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
You should also turn the two circles next to those areas (not the center one, the ones facing the edges) as 'dorf zones because they're approximately where you start the outwards WKC if the Wizard's Kick hits the opponent, then you can hit them for a c-c-c-c-combo!

No further complaints.
The bigger rings in the middle represents "hitting WKC" too.

weinner

Smash Apprentice
I think putting a picture of Battlefield would have been more awesome than FD. Don't get me wrong it's still cool as well as accurate, but Battlefield would have more **** zones (platforms).

. . . .

That's what this Ganon main thinks. :D

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Z1gma (and everyone else), I suggest you read this article HugS posted on AiB about "Zones/Zoning" in Smash. This takes a little bit of the basic idea you laid out in yr image and makes it much more character specific. Perhaps it's something we should think about in match-up discussions (more overtly than we already do). It's a good read:

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=16108

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Z1gma (and everyone else), I suggest you read this article HugS posted on AiB about "Zones/Zoning" in Smash. This takes a little bit of the basic idea you laid out in yr image and makes it much more character specific. Perhaps it's something we should think about in match-up discussions (more overtly than we already do). It's a good read:

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=16108
Ye, I found myself sharing a few thought with Hugs, after reading that.

I love Ledge camping Vs characters like Falco.

Speaking of ledge camping... If you perfectly buffer [ledge drop -> DJ regrab] repeatedly; can you stay entirely invincible-framed?

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Speaking of ledge camping... If you perfectly buffer [ledge drop -> DJ regrab] repeatedly; can you stay entirely invincible-framed?
I'm not sure, but we should find out. If so, then the ledge becomes a "neutral" or possibly even a "good" zone for Ganon due to his ability to stage scar with UAir/Dark Dive and Ledge->Stage options like Flipman and iDJ -> DAir.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
And put snooze circles in areas he can't go/recover from.
That'd be everywhere.

Even onstage.

Also, iirc, you get stuck in a ledgegrab animation immediately after grabbing the ledge before doing anything, so a ledgehop uair probably wouldn't keep the invincibility the whole time.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Are you going to be doing more with this, or is it pretty much dead? I'm supposed to keep these boards tidied up for you guys.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Are you going to be doing more with this, or is it pretty much dead? I'm supposed to keep these boards tidied up for you guys.
Dead... Let it rot. Or do as you please.

EDIT: So you're our new Ganny-granny?
Welcome. Have a seat : )

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I can't be Ganny-granny. I used old Ganny and lost, even WITH the power of Kosk's tag. I use whatever the color is when I press Y at character select screen :p He has brown hair XD

K, I'll lock this, don't need it being revived randomly.

Ganon owns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom