• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Sword Mode for ProjectM

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Also about his article (his sword), is it possible to make it a real projectile or does it need to exist in FitGanon.pac?
I think this is possible but, I did some experimenting with this and learned that if the sword is used for a projectile then it looses it's limb attachment properties. Then again it may be because I just couldn't get it to work.

So cool. Is there a separate thread for triforce ganon?
That might be a good idea.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
I changed some effects for triforce ganon so his darkness hand have been little bigger and got his dark purple flame on his his body. Also fixed that it isn't only on his wait animation longer so he carries along with it, including over his new attack. Shall i send the file to you?

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Here you go.

Note some changes:

Dark dive: upon catch n throw, added some darkness and black vortex.

His throw u f and catch attack are darkness.

Upon using u taunt. His 48th frame has his darkness visual awakened rather it shows up on wait.

Thx to your stance calling code and synchronous timer, i finally understood how to make the effect permanent, since it just dissipated away.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Hello! I stumbled across a bug and recorded it. When performing Side-B after an Up-B, Ganondorf will become invisible until I let the Up-B animation finish after performing it again.
Here's the video to show off what I'm talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_bv3qL8oYk
Perhaps theres a frame where "visible=true" didn't manage to call since you performed another move right before it. It can also happen when performing upB where intanginble calls 1 frame after being invisible so you can still be hit by the enemy and remain invisible until you use upB again and manage to call "visible=true" so he comes back.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I really like the magic mode!
I love how you made his hands glow with darkness.

But a few suggestions;
Down smash should have a longer horizontal hitbox.
Nair is cool but doesn't work well, maybe Ganon can "steal" Mew2's? I think it could fit nicely.
B is really nice but why the free fall while in the air? It's not needed.
Also sword mode should get its old Up-B (with extra range/mobility, due to now wizard foot jump refresh) and Magic mode should get the teleport (but the second teleport should be as long as the first cause right now it a little sucky) I think it would fit better.

For F-smash maybe something like Zelda or Mew2?

And for Fair, keep the function similar (it seems like a killing move in all te modes so far) but make it weaker but with a magic hitbox on it like his current Nair.

Also you can bring the old Bair back from the last version maybe with more float or somthing?

Just throwing out ideas, use them as you see fit :)

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
So my friend is testing the new version, just as last time. I'm not with him, and don't have a setup, so I can't give firsthand feedback like last time; this is all mostly him.

The neutral b has really great range, which is cool, but as has been pointed out, it's strange the way it makes you act in the air. It is also pretty powerful and pretty easy to land. Might be too easy, though, with how fast it is, being only reliant on timing.

The actual quote:
"it's got enough range that it'll go offstage when you're on final destination
from the opposite end
and if you time your pressing of a well enough
you can edge guard from halfway across the stage
and it's pretty funny
but it might be a tad too easy"

Jab is apparently a proper step in the right direction, as he thought that fit well.

The actual quote:
"his jab forward tilt thing is pretty cool
keeps people at a distance
which i suppose will be good once he's full on magic"

We do actually agree with the point made by Ga
nonFist that a tweaked 2.3 b-air would probably fit in thematically with warlock mode Ganon. As his suggestions for their recoveries being reverted/switched could work, but if so, sword Ganon would have to have the height nerfed to like . . . half. 2.3 recovery was way too good. Conversely, we came up with some slightly different suggestions which are probably a bit more complicated to code, but which might help make warlock mode Ganon stick out among the cast.

The rest of our conversation was us trying to figure out a design philosophy for your Triforce Ganon which would be both balanced and encourage use of all three modes, which were as follows.

Vanilla Ganon - least range, average speed, average kill potential per move, average recovery
Sword Ganon - more range, much slower, most kill potential per move, average recovery

These two, on their own currently probably slightly favor sword ganon, as his recovery is approximately the same as normal ganon's. He's a little slower, but not incredibly. He could maybe do with just a tad less speed on a couple of his attacks? Like, only a couple frames of difference.

Warlock Ganon - most range, average speed, average kill potential per move, least recovery

See, this is the one that isn't done yet, so we kind of went a bit wild. I describe this vision as something of a slow, evil, ranged Yoshi. The range part is pretty obvious; as a warlock, Ganon's kit could easily be envisioned as a slower, more aggressive Zelda-esque kit. The neutral b pulls this off, and the way his moves push away from him make him a character who naturally zones you, making approaching him difficult, which is what a magic-user wants. Would it be possible to program mines like din's fire, but with different properties? Turning his down-b into a low stun, low damage mine on his current position would certainly fit in with this.

The Yoshi comparison comes from our thought for his up-b, though. It's not a recovery, but a rising and then diving ground punch not unlike his current d-smash. Think Melee Yoshi's ground pound. From the air, it gives very, very little (but not zero) height, but from the ground it gives plenty. Except make it jump cancelllable from the ground like Bowser's current down-b. Really, the move would be very similar to the Bowser Bomb. The comparison to Yoshi comes from the fact that he'd get no real recovery.

Anyways, this was mostly rambly. Good luck, this is an interesting start to Triforce Ganon.

Kinkedo56

Smash Cadet
I really like the new 3.0 compared to 2.3, the quality of the work shows. But the one thing that bothers me is the new up-B. Its a good move to manage utility but I honestly preferred the 2.3 up-B that thing had one of the sickest animations I have seen. Since you are making magic mode with speed/utility in mind, like some others have said what about bringing back the 2.3 up-B for sword and moving the new one over to magic mode?

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
I appreciate the feed back, this has help generate more ideas to further the project. Thank you very much.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
I appreciate the feed back, this has help generate more ideas to further the project. Thank you very much.
For those who plays as sword ganon with items, Note that when carrying some stuff like raygun, fireflower or scope will make his sword attack point in wrong direction. If we play matches with no items, then probably more moves can be created for Triforce Ganon if we replace shooting animations for another moves.

Last edited:

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
For those who plays as sword ganon with items, Note that when carrying some stuff like raygun, fireflower or scope will make his sword attack point in wrong direction. If we play matches with no items, then probably more moves can be created for Triforce Ganon if we replace shooting animations for another moves.
While I'm not one to play with items often, I feel replacing those animations is a bad idea. The purpose of this mod in my eyes is to make Ganon complete as a character; he has finally been removed from the status of a clone character since he has access to an entirely new moveset more fitting of a Dark Lord swordsman. However, removing his ability to use items and such negates that 'completeness' as now the character is not on par with the rest of the cast in terms of playability in all modes.

Furthermore, the reason this mod is so special is that it gives Ganon a sword, which the community has wanted for some time, and feels so professional, so well implemented, at the same time. Removing the character's functionality in other areas doesn't really fit with that professionalism.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
While I'm not one to play with items often, I feel replacing those animations is a bad idea. The purpose of this mod in my eyes is to make Ganon complete as a character; he has finally been removed from the status of a clone character since he has access to an entirely new moveset more fitting of a Dark Lord swordsman. However, removing his ability to use items and such negates that 'completeness' as now the character is not on par with the rest of the cast in terms of playability in all modes.

Furthermore, the reason this mod is so special is that it gives Ganon a sword, which the community has wanted for some time, and feels so professional, so well implemented, at the same time. Removing the character's functionality in other areas doesn't really fit with that professionalism.
True. This is just a thought though since:

• People "rarely-to-nonexistance" uses shooting items in project m.
  • There are few slot left to put in some new animations.
  • In sword stance, his wielded hand has been adjusted to his sword moveset and when holding a z-throwing item, his moveset gets buggy.
But since you added that playability in all mode should be for triforce ganon we wont replace it.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Make his down B rush down shield cancelable or jump cancelable
I can see shield cancellable (or hell, why not just b cancellable like squirtle's withdraw, that seems simpler), but jump cancellable? Then he'd be even more like Ike. Down B doesn't need to be any closer to QD than it already is, imo.

Citricide

JuneauSmashBros Tournament Organizer
Can you update the original post to include Triforce ganon download link and information.
Me and some friends were testing Triforce ganon and we decided to come up with a list of ideas and suggestions for magic ganon.

Suggestions for Magic Ganon
  • Neutral B projectile speed seems a little too fast, it's a little bit hard to time when to detonate the projectile so i feel like a slower projectile speed would be appropriate here.
  • Since ganondorf is able to float/levitate in OOT, give him a float similar to peach/mewtwo
  • Since his down smash is similar to Oni's attack, have ganon jump in the air like oni does (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33AurfHlYwI)
  • An air dash similar to Oni's from street fighter (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnKeyuz75KM) replacing aeriel side B, a different animation when you are going backwards from the direction you're facing like in the video. This would allow players to use like his Fair afterward which i thought would be pretty good. If ganon doesn't use an aerial afterward put him into special fall.
  • Darker better particle effects for magic ganon mode or maybe an aura. (Maybe take the aura effect from lucario and recoloring it purple)
  • A spinning clothesline similar to Oni's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ngALq16YDU at 0:48, adding a magical/lightning effect to it to fit the theme.
  • An axe kick similar to samus up tilt and upon hitting the ground creates a flame pillar. similar to ness pk fire on hit.
  • Down tilt that does a crouching uppercut with lightning effects, on hit creates a shock effect like pikachu or ness. Sends opponents up ward.
  • Standing side b, magnetism, allowing him to attract or push away enemies within a 5 unit infront of him. forward side b to push away and back side b to attract in. If enemies are close enough put them in a special grab like lucarios or use original side b grapple.
  • Taunt cancelling special moves to utilize all moveset
  • A run animation similar to mewtwos/charizard levitation

Bugs
  • If you keep mashing nair, it'll keep playing the sound file for it during the duration of the attack
  • If you do a R+L+Y match restart he still retains magic mode.
Comments
I really appreciate the time and effort you put into making this happen. Me and my friends all really enjoy the new moveset playing as ganon and playing against him. He's just a lot of fun now. Hopefully my suggestions aren't entirely over the top.​

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Can you update the original post to include Triforce ganon download link and information.
Me and some friends were testing Triforce ganon and we decided to come up with a list of ideas and suggestions for magic ganon.

Suggestions for Magic Ganon
  • Neutral B projectile speed seems a little too fast, it's a little bit hard to time when to detonate the projectile so i feel like a slower projectile speed would be appropriate here.
  • Since ganondorf is able to float/levitate in OOT, give him a float similar to peach/mewtwo
  • Since his down smash is similar to Oni's attack, have ganon jump in the air like oni does (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33AurfHlYwI)
  • An air dash similar to Oni's from street fighter (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnKeyuz75KM) replacing aeriel side B, a different animation when you are going backwards from the direction you're facing like in the video. This would allow players to use like his Fair afterward which i thought would be pretty good. If ganon doesn't use an aerial afterward put him into special fall.
  • Darker better particle effects for magic ganon mode or maybe an aura. (Maybe take the aura effect from lucario and recoloring it purple)
  • A spinning clothesline similar to Oni's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ngALq16YDU at 0:48, adding a magical/lightning effect to it to fit the theme.
  • An axe kick similar to samus up tilt and upon hitting the ground creates a flame pillar. similar to ness pk fire on hit.
  • Down tilt that does a crouching uppercut with lightning effects, on hit creates a shock effect like pikachu or ness. Sends opponents up ward.
  • Standing side b, magnetism, allowing him to attract or push away enemies within a 5 unit infront of him. forward side b to push away and back side b to attract in. If enemies are close enough put them in a special grab like lucarios or use original side b grapple.
  • Taunt cancelling special moves to utilize all moveset
  • A run animation similar to mewtwos/charizard levitation

Bugs
  • If you keep mashing nair, it'll keep playing the sound file for it during the duration of the attack
  • If you do a R+L+Y match restart he still retains magic mode.
Comments
I really appreciate the time and effort you put into making this happen. Me and my friends all really enjoy the new moveset playing as ganon and playing against him. He's just a lot of fun now. Hopefully my suggestions aren't entirely over the top.​
Here's a dark aura effect for Triforce Ganon in Magic Mode. (Note though the name is different so rename it to FitGanon.pac and replace the original FitGanon.pac)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hlsd4zhysq0dzbi/FitGanonTri6 - Copy.pac

The dark aura is the same as his entry. Hope you like it.

Citricide

Citricide

I'd like to help come up with custom animations for magic ganon, Are you using the brawlbox included modelviewer editor to create animations or did you export animations into another program?

edit
just got brawlbox modset 4.2 so ill do some animation work tomorrow morning xD

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Caporai's dark aura is really nice, I will be using it.

The projectile speed will continue to be adjusted, I'm leaning to a more slower and farther one.

The float options will only be add if there are space, the PSA slots are limited btw. Have to prioritize the attack moves first.

The bugs won't be fixed until a bit later haha. Thanks for pointing it out.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
seems like you managed to make 3 slot available in taunt part, (like removing FistMode on D-taunt). Also he also have PassiveWallJump animation on both MotionEtc and PSA slot, but I never see him using it.
also there are three NONE slot left, which makes it seven, when including PassiveWallJump.

As for the Projectile, Maybe the knockback is strong when edgeguarding, but I was wondering, Since he has problem of getting close to his opponent who got projectiles, How will it work if he knocks the opponent "towards him" rather than "away from him"? That way he can chase them.

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
That might work better with the fist mode. I'm trying to base the magic mode off of Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past and some earlier zelda titles. They dont have to be exact replica, but just need to fit with that theme. Mostly with disjointed hitbox with or without multi hits.

Citricide

That might work better with the fist mode. I'm trying to base the magic mode off of Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past and some earlier zelda titles. They dont have to be exact replica, but just need to fit with that theme. Mostly with disjointed hitbox with or without multi hits.
Is fist mode a replacement for regular ganon or is it a seperate stance?
Also you should consider that attack I made above, Im sure you can make a better animation for it. I also gave a list of other attacks you could possibly use for Fist Mode.

I noticed you had an Oni Attack for magic ganons down smash. Was hoping you would incorporate more oni attacks for ganon :)

I can make more gfycat for the other oni specials since you can go frame by frame in gfycat

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
About magic mode related to ganon moves from earlier games... so far i know he loves to:
  • teleport across the stage(up-b or side-b).
  • deflect attacks(down-b) with his cape.
Anyway. How are things going so far with Triforce Ganon Ashingda?

As for you guys. I can replace his TP sword into Darknut Sword on Ganondorf. (If there's a sword that has been created for ganondorf but not on Triforce Ganon, just let me know and fix the link to the file.) Currently I have no network at home, but i can download stuffs from my smartphone.

If you guys wants a beast punch as well as aura effect for a good guy on a specific custom slot, let me know. Beware though that he will still retain some darkness effect.

Last edited:

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
As for you guys. I can replace his TP sword into Darknut Sword on Ganondorf. (If there's a sword that has been created for ganondorf but not on Triforce Ganon, just let me know and fix the link to the file.) Currently I have no network at home, but i can download stuffs from my smartphone.

If you guys wants a beast punch as well as aura effect for a good guy on a specific custom slot, let me know. Beware though that he will still retain some darkness effect.
Definitely the Dark Master Sword: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24968 from Skyward Sword please! Also some might want Ganondorf's sword model that came with melee but I don't have a link to the file. I'd also like it if the black vortex was removed or altered from ganon's up-b as it obscures too much imo. If it's already been discussed then my apologies.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Definitely the Dark Master Sword: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24968 from Skyward Sword please! Also some might want Ganondorf's sword model that came with melee but I don't have a link to the file. I'd also like it if the black vortex was removed or altered from ganon's up-b as it obscures too much imo. If it's already been discussed then my apologies.
I can make versions with or without vortex.
I did code for the vortex so if u like to remove it:

Get the program Project Smash Attack 2.35 (PSA for short ) which you can download it from brawlvault on resource tab.

With PSA downloaded, open FitGanon.pac and check on SpecialHiCatch in subaction tab (the list is in hexadecimal value where 0 is wait1 and specialN is 1CE, so SpecialHiCatch is somewhere higher value than 1CE. )

From SpecialHiCatch theres a list "main, gfx, sfx, other". One of them contains a code that says "if facing right"until "end if". Just remove it and save as a new file to use it.

About the vortex, the gfx code is similar as sword up-B, but it is actually front of them rather on them since the vortex stands behind them like this (view on top):
--------------------------
O <- vortex original
===== stage where characters stands on
O <- vortex Y-rotated in 180 degree.

\ camera /
---------------------------

I rotated them 180 degree on Y-Rotation to be in front of them (since I didn't know how to put a negative value on hexadecimal)

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Here's a bunch of collection of swords. Still untested though, but try it out. Just replace FitGanonMotionEtc.pac into your desired sword and rename it as the original.

Shame though that Ganondorf can only pick one sword in the game since it's an article like Kirby's Hammer, so lucky weapon user like Ike, Roy, Marth, MK and Dedede have on their skin-pac files rather than on their animation-pac.

Beware though if it exist a FitGanonXX.pac skin which contains a sword with it, the game may crash. Also some skins might not work on Triforce Ganon, like "Doctor Doom", Hades from "Hercules", Beast from "Beauty and the Beast", newer Darth Vader skin.

Triforce Ganon Sword Collection <- Click here (Triforce Ganon v0.1)

The sword i did put for Triforce Ganon Sword Mode:
  • Item Beam Sword (probably good for star wars or megaman)
  • Darknut Sword (From Darknut (from LoZ Twillight Princess)
  • Demise Dark Master Sword (from LoZ Skyward Sword)
  • Melee Ganondorf Sword (his melee version)
  • Ike's Ragnell sword (Size or NoSize mod.)
  • X-Blade from Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
  • Xehanort KeyBlade from Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
  • Soul Edge (Nightmares sword from Soul Calibur 2)

Also no black vortex on up-b
https://db.tt/UXSmnTgr

If Ashingda puts up a new version, I will fix the sword files to it as well.

Last edited:

Brosach

Smash Cadet
I think his(Magic) neutral-B should be like deadman's volley with a full chargeable ver. which fires out five, and his side-b I think should be waves of darkness(some kind of push I guess), I'll go into more detail once I get all my stuff off this pc.

VendettⒶ

Smash Rookie
Couldn't get the download to work. .
Tried open the pac files, had to work with rar files before that.
Then finally, it said it wasn't supported and or was corrupt.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Couldn't get the download to work. .
Tried open the pac files, had to work with rar files before that.
Then finally, it said it wasn't supported and or was corrupt.
Which link did you download it from? (Got uncertain so I wanted to check)

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
It worked fine for me by the way, really appreciate the vortex-less version. Such great work Caporai and Ashingda! I still really hope your ideas make it into PM officially someday...

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
It worked fine for me by the way, really appreciate the vortex-less version. Such great work Caporai and Ashingda! I still really hope your ideas make it into PM officially someday...
Glad you like it. Gonna try to add a sword glow/flare and trace for sword ganon in similar fashion like demise skyward strike. Question is though how do i edit a model on glow/flare?

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Just created an account to be able to reply on here. I haven't tried out your newest additions, but the most recent in the OP was awesome. I was able to add some GFX's to his N B during Sword Mode. I added his flames for his normal N B on his sword while charging and swinging.

Also updated some of the animations and added my own. I'll try and post a video of my changes later if I can.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Just created an account to be able to reply on here. I haven't tried out your newest additions, but the most recent in the OP was awesome. I was able to add some GFX's to his N B during Sword Mode. I added his flames for his normal N B on his sword while charging and swinging.

Also updated some of the animations and added my own. I'll try and post a video of my changes later if I can.
Sure. would love to see that.

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Okay. I'll try to get something later today if I can.

Here's some gifs I made for his new Win3, and Win3Wait animations.

I put Dark flames in his hands and his portal in his left hand during these.
Because of this I switched his original Win3 where he laughs to his Up Taunt instead, and his Wait1 to his original Win3Wait. Modified his Sword wait to go with his new one as well.

Is there a way to put these pics in spoilers or something so they don't take up so much space?

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I added some flowing cape movement to his N Special in Sword mode as well. Also kept his leg armor in line with his leg movement so it didn't look all weird.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
That animation (drools...) is it meant for winning pose WinX?

So portal/vortex is between his hands on the first animation, which will disappear and he goes WinWaitX?

Top Bottom