• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Sword Mode for ProjectM

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist

Rage83

Smash Ace
Yes, Sword Ganon works with Smash 3 textures. You'll probably have to halve the Smash 3 texture sizes, though.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
This threa probably won't get much activity I'm the recent future. And I'm sure a lot of Roy players would be interested in this. So I suggest make a new thread.

Also I can't test it yet. But how's it working so far?
Well since this is such a small thing,like it took me like 5 min to do this once I figured everything out...I might just post this on Brawl Vault as I believe many people use BV.

It goes a bit higher and the animation looks better than my previous attempt.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I wana work on perfecting this mod, but to do so I'll need to download all of the past versions of it. I believe that each version has a lot of pros and cons, and I wana take all the best parts and put them together into one mod. Can someone please link me to the downloads because he has taken down all the old download links and they dont show up on youtube either!

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Hey guys, I wana work on perfecting this mod, but to do so I'll need to download all of the past versions of it. I believe that each version has a lot of pros and cons, and I wana take all the best parts and put them together into one mod. Can someone please link me to the downloads because he has taken down all the old download links and they dont show up on youtube either!
If you do this, please make sure it stays balanced as welll. I can understand having the great parts of something but at the same time you need to know that it's also supposed to be balanced.

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
You know, I can't believe I haven't noticed this thread sooner. Clearly awesome and detailed work which I'd love to add to my game... and I am one of those crazy folk who actually are quite happy with Ganonfist! Its too bad to hear that the original author will likely be moving on to different projects, but... it sounds like it is mostly balanced?

For anyone who is going to pick up this mod, I do want to note one thing to consider. Bear in mind I am NOT actually for or against this thought, but you probably should make sure you have thought of it. This was made originally with keeping it balanced around Ganonfist in mind, while not affecting Ganonfist at all. Thing is... do you really feel it is necessary? This is, after all, a mod, not an official part of Project M. Those who feel it does ill towards classic Dorf can simply choose not to play this. There is something for the convenience factor of not having to worry about switching out files because the regular version is still fully netplayable, but it is not a physical requirement, so to speak, for this mod that it is the case. You could choose the same route, could choose to not care about unarmed stance, or could even modify unarmed stance around certain sword stance changes. Again, do what you think is best for the mod's quality. It seemed fine to me balanced around classic moveset, but I am sure that some feel there is a more... "correct"? way of portraying Ganondorf using a blade that is not possible while relating to classic is an issue.

/shrug. Either way, I intend to play the current release when I get a chance. I hope it is as fun as it looks... and hopefully those attacks have that same sort of satisfying feeling of landing as the classic moveset. Kudos to the mod author for this (whether or not he will read this...), and a wish for great success if someone continues working on it, whatever approach they take.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I believe I have all of them except 1 give me a few min to upload

EDIT:Can't find 2.0 anyone else have it?
EDIT 2:I found the 2.0 link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zvz827aro132e0v/Ganondorf v2.0 Release.zip
Here's the rest
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w82rf0f8nh4jjti/Ganondorf sword mode.zip

If I missed a version let me know,I think I found all the links!
Thanks! This should be very helpful.
Is there any way you would be able to find the 0.0, 0.1, 0.2, any alpha versions, and any other versions before the 1.0 beta? Theres some stuff in those versions I really liked and would like to use as well.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
If you do this, please make sure it stays balanced as welll. I can understand having the great parts of something but at the same time you need to know that it's also supposed to be balanced.
Of course I will be working on balancing as well. I like the way many of the moves work, and how they look. So I'd like to put them in, while making sure they are balanced as well.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Thanks! This should be very helpful.
Is there any way you would be able to find the 0.0, 0.1, 0.2, any alpha versions, and any other versions before the 1.0 beta? Theres some stuff in those versions I really liked and would like to use as well.
I believe I have them all saved in my laptop. I'll post them as soon as I get the chance.

I'm really happy your gonna continue to balance an tweak the move set. But I think for balancing you should keep Sword Ganon slower and stronger with a better ground game while Fist Ganon is faster with less power but he has a better air game. That way the 2 styles can complement each other.

Also I think Sword Ganon moveset is pretty much perfect except I think Bair should be like 2.2 but with the fake projectile, but the float thing kinda weird it should be discarded.

Also a new animation to the B "projectile" more matching OOT energy ball could be cool.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I thought the first release was beta,I am not sure if he released those.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I believe I have them all saved in my laptop. I'll post them as soon as I get the chance.

I'm really happy your gonna continue to balance an tweak the move set. But I think for balancing you should keep Sword Ganon slower and stronger with a better ground game while Fist Ganon is faster with less power but he has a better air game. That way the 2 styles can complement each other.

Also I think Sword Ganon moveset is pretty much perfect except I think Bair should be like 2.2 but with the fake projectile, but the float thing kinda weird it should be discarded.

Also a new animation to the B "projectile" more matching OOT energy ball could be cool.
I'm probably going to focus on making every move based on the sword, no fake projectiles. There are others working on de cloning ganondorf completely so I'm gona leave that to them. I think a projectile using canonical ganondorf needs to be completely re worked with no clone moves.

But if you do have all the old versions, that would be very helpful to me!

By the way Happy New Year to everyone!

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I am like 99% sure he never released alpha versions...

Happy New Year!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I've been with this project since the beginning and I can assure you he never posted the alpha build.
Damn that sucks :(

I just started looking at the mod, and it looks like this is gona be a bit more tricky to work with than I thought.
This may take me some time to finish.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Replace it with the motionetc file,it was named like that because I made a copy in case it froze the game or something.

It does work.I can edit it if you need me to.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Replace it with the motionetc file,it was named like that because I made a copy in case it froze the game or something.

It does work.I can edit it if you need me to.
Ok, just to clarify though; do I rename your file to the one found in Roy's folder or do I keep it as it is.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Rename it to the one found in Roy's folder so you replace it.

FitRoyMotionEtc.pac

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Rename it to the one found in Roy's folder so you replace it.

FitRoyMotionEtc.pac
Hey I did what you said, bu I'm not noticing any difference in Roy's Up B. Are you sure the file you uploaded was the correct one? Maybe it's just me, I might not be able to tell well cause I don't have footage to compare them side by side.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Do you notice a difference or should it go higher?
Oh I missed this post of yours...

If you can go higher I would totally love it. Roy's horizontal and vertical recovery's are garbage, so if you increase his vertical one a lot he would at least have a good vertical recovery.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Is the one you downloaded higher than the original?

Or is that the wrong file?

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Regarding all the Roy talk, shouldn't it be in a separate thread?

EDIT: or can't you just PM each other? Not to bring you all down but this thread belongs to a different red haired swordsman...

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
Some thoughts in case you are looking for the feedback BronzeGreekGod:

- The first and foremost I have is... it feels clunky. I mean, not so much the animations, those are awesomely smooth. But when I played it versus playing with fist stance, it felt like pretty much none of the attacks really worked with or into each other, more like I was supposed to pick a single hit and then do that again for each situation. Understandably the classic was intended to be faster and more combo oriented, but maybe figuring out something to get the moves to flow together better. More than anything, I feel that the loss of his swift, brutal air game and a couple of moves, such as dash attack and jab, not really working into anything else means that he doesn't really have much to work with. Of course, this is not a concern so long as...

- Dat f'ing UpSmash. Like, wow. Not particularly slow, yet its coverage and damage is phenomonal. Its current upward arc addition lets it decently anti-air and cover whats infront of him. Meanwhile, that additional bolting? Yeah, that thing's range means it can easily combo into itself, with little real response. If people are calling out this as overpowered compared to fist, I promise this move has at least a part to play in that. Seriously, I think a major strat would be to work in an UpSmash and just keep doing it until the amazing ratio of range to damage and knockback, both being huge, kills them before they even can really respond.

- Neutral B... Yes and no. Its more of a question of how you can have that if you want to keep things balanced with fist stance. Thing is, that range and followup don't make it amazing, but what it does make it is a situational, yet useful tool that legitimately gives Dorf a few more options than he had before. I like it, but it gives sword stance an edge not even due to being incredible, but covering, even if situationally, scenarios classic Dorf never could. Sort of goes back to the whole "Should you balance it to current moveset, or just do what seems good in spite of balance concerns?"

- Minor gripe, but if you have any animation capabilities, could you look into Dash Attack? It mostly is fine, but its momentum and motion kind of look odd compared to his dash speed. Like, it should be somewhat wider and more swift, whereas now it kind of looks more like he is dropping a hammer instead of a slashing arc.

- Realllllly minor suggestion, in case anyone would at any point care for a more sword-esque flame choke. Make it so that instead of his face-2-palm, he basically impales the person and drops them, or in the air he grabs them and drives them to the ground with his sword. More of a "might be cool if you can add it" sort of a thing.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to add that this is a great mod, and I like that it retains the old moveset for those that like that playstyle better. This isn't official so I'm personally fine with it making fist ganon useless.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
So I've made some progress with my animation and psa editing on this hack, but I'm getting freezing issues :(

I hate when I have to troubleshoot, its so annoying and I have no way of knowing where exactly the issue is. Hopefully in the coming days I can make it work without freezing.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
So I've made some progress with my animation and psa editing on this hack, but I'm getting freezing issues :(

I hate when I have to troubleshoot, its so annoying and I have no way of knowing where exactly the issue is. Hopefully in the coming days I can make it work without freezing.
perhaps the file size is to large now because of the animations

Top Bottom