• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Sword Mode for ProjectM

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
It just amazes me at how fast you're working on this project on point with your updates listening to our suggestions and doing great work all at the same time.

Unbelievable really...I like it.
+1, what this guy says^

Weichafe

Smash Rookie
After a few more hours of testing, I have some more suggestions (like Friesnchip, I want to be clear these are just opinions).

Functionally:

- Smash Up: The "sparks / lightning" give this attack too much vertical range.

- Down Special: The additional A attack needs some adjustments to the hitbox. Basically, I think the attack should not hit backwards.

Aesthetically:

- Standing position: I think the hand look too weird, maybe an angle of the blade slightly forward would accomplish a more natural position for the hand of both Ganons. It's hard to explain this to me, so I put some pictures as an example of what I'm trying to show.

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111208191616/starwars/tr/images/5/5a/Obi2.jpg

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120112170130/kotor/es/images/e/e7/Caballero_Jedi_TOR.png

- Smash Down: When you are charging de attack, the hilt of the sword is through de middle of Ganon's head.

I'm glad you're now part of PMBR, I think you will be a great contribution to the Project, congratulations!

jony

Smash Rookie
Hello everybudy, Can I use this file with project m 3.0? thanks

Dng3

Smash Apprentice
I have one suggesting regarding the taunts used to go in and out of sword mode. I think the fist pound taunt is the better transition for going back into fist mode ganondorf and fits better than the current up taunt. I say this because this would allow you to use the spinning laughing taunt, that was sadly taken out in my opinion, instead of having to use up a taunt just for sword mode switching.

Ginge

Smash Ace
My suggestion is use the same taunt to take out the sword as you use to put it away. So when you are Fist Ganon, Down-Taunt takes the sword out. When you are Sword Ganon, make that Up-Taunt you made of putting the sword away Down-Taunt. Then Up-Taunt and Side-Taunt could be left alone from their Project M versions.

That is assuming you are capable of changing taunts via stance change like you can the rest of the attacks.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
My suggestion is use the same taunt to take out the sword as you use to put it away. So when you are Fist Ganon, Down-Taunt takes the sword out. When you are Sword Ganon, make that Up-Taunt you made of putting the sword away Down-Taunt. Then Up-Taunt and Side-Taunt could be left alone from their Project M versions.

That is assuming you are capable of changing taunts via stance change like you can the rest of the attacks.
I agree with this, especially since people want the laugh back.

I am actually now a member of PMBR, and like I said before; this isn't the route that Ganondorf is taking, at least for now anyways. I'll try to convince them eventually, but for now this is just an alternate option for anyone who wants.
Holy crap dude, congrats on joining the PMBR!

Hopefully they'll end up going with Sword Ganondorf in the future. Seriously man, great job. Also, aside from sword Ganondorf, do you plan on doing anymore PSAs for characters? Or do you even have any ideas of what you're going to pursue in Brawl Hacking?

Weichafe

Smash Rookie
Also, aside from sword Ganondorf, do you plan on doing anymore PSAs for characters? Or do you even have any ideas of what you're going to pursue in Brawl Hacking?
Bomb-arrows for Link! =P

I feel like a child asking Santa for presents... XD

shadowed_phoenix

Smash Apprentice
Played Ganonsword for a few hours, and loving it. I've been testing him out against the AI (also Ganonswords) and agree that due to his size, he gets much more range than the other sword characters, but can't really say he's over powered without going against other people. Some lag on the end of his moves, or reducing knock back without a sweetspot would make him more punishable and alleviate the range advantage his sword brings.

One suggestion I have for his move set is to change his side B attack to a dark version of the Zelda side B (maybe more vanilla brawl than project M).

stickyboard

Smash Rookie
hi ive tried adding his melee sword in myself and have managed to do it but not with projects m awesomeness along with it and have dug up the internet for hours (im also very new to brawl hacking) ive found his melee textures and model data and tried putting it into the FitGanonMotionEtc.pac with brawl box but the game just crashes when i taunt down :( any help would be very much appreciated :)

Steffanic

Smash Rookie
Just watched the video on Version 2.0, and I was impressed! This is something I feel Ganondorf needs, because in my opinion, he is a lil' boring. You're doing a great job and I look forward to getting hold of a 'finished' version =D

Diraga

Smash Cadet
The link leads to the 1.0 beta release. Is this a typo or is this the wrong link?

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
The link leads to the 1.0 beta release. Is this a typo or is this the wrong link?
I was having the same issue, just copy/paste the text of the link into your address bar instead. The hyperlink references a different address than the text for some reason.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I was having the same issue, just copy/paste the text of the link into your address bar instead. The hyperlink references a different address than the text for some reason.
It was probably a matter of he edited the text in the hyperlink, but not the hyperlink itself.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about the link not working something wrong happened while copy and paste. I think I fixed it, if this one doesn't work try the download link on youtube, but I'm about to upload an update in a few hours here.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Change Log:
- Fixed a lot of animations both fist-mode and sword-mode

U-Taunt: Restored
S-Taunt: No change
D-Taunt: Now used to both activate and deactivate sword mode

Jab: Decrease damage 30%, More powerful knockback but no kill potential
F-Tilt: No change
U-Tilt: Decrease damage 30%
D-Tilt: Decrease damage 30%

F-Smash: Decrease damage 30%, kill potential at higher damage
D-Smash: Decrease damage 30%, kill potential at higher damage
U-Smash: Decrease damage 30%, kill potential at higher damage

N-Air: Decrease damage 30%, Greater kill potential at high damage
F-Air: Decrease damage 30%, Slower speed, larger swing.
B-Air: Decrease damage 50%, Faster speed and no kill potential
D-Air: Decrease damage 30%, Trajectory start at up then changes to meteor half way

Neutral-B: No change, like I said if they get hit it's their own fault
Side-B: No change
Up-B: The 2nd swing has kill potential at 140% damage
Down-B: Decrease damage 30%, Greatly reduced kill potential
Down-B(Air): Decrease damage 30%, Changed attack angle, No more meteor, Reduced kill potential

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs3d5ElzWqQ
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/41gofvf1nd84a1z/Ganondorf v2.1.zip

One suggestion I have for his move set is to change his side B attack to a dark version of the Zelda side B (maybe more vanilla brawl than project M).
That would be cool, but Ganondorf is incapable of performing that because his PSA does not allow it, or until somebody figures out how to hack it or finds a different method.

hi ive tried adding his melee sword in myself and have managed to do it but not with projects m awesomeness along with it and have dug up the internet for hours (im also very new to brawl hacking) ive found his melee textures and model data and tried putting it into the FitGanonMotionEtc.pac with brawl box but the game just crashes when i taunt down :( any help would be very much appreciated :)
The problem might be that the file has exceeded the max capacity. The total size of "FitGanon.pac" + "FitGanonMotionEtc.pac" + "FitGanon00.pcs" cannot be more than 5.1MB or so, the game will freeze otherwise. I had to add a lot of extra animations into the FitGanonMotionEtc.pac and it's already near maxed limit. I can only assume that the OOC sword model puts it over the limit.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
This mod is a ton of fun, but super broken lol. Utilt and dtilt are stupid good, but so are a lot of his moves. still fun tho, he ***** in turbo and is fun to use against Giga Bowser.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Can't wait to try 2.1 Ashingda. Just so I understand the video and change log a little better, is Sword Ganon 30% weaker in damage AND knockback? Or just Damage? On all moves? But now he can faster link between his moves? Like less lag at the end of his moves?

Also no grab range change? Or new grab animations? I know you said there is a limit on how many animations you can use other widths game crashes, but I think a longer grab range (at least so Ganon can grab out of shield easier) would be beneficial.

Can't wait to test this version out, thanks a lot for all the hard work.

Raddison

Smash Rookie
Hey! Love the mod, few comments though.

Upsmash is the most ridiculously overpowered thing to ever exist, due to its uncomprehensable hitbox and knock-back/damage,
As well as everything in the kit is just simply too powerful. Down-B has too much range/goes too far and can almost always guarantee a hit.
The range the sword gives him paired with how much damage it does is simply not acceptable in any way.

Don't get me wrong, this is the type of thing i'I've always wanted for ganon, but this is too far. If his damage/knock-back got reduced it'd be such a perfect addition to him, but its impossible to fight against this monster without knowing you're going to basically lose if you mess up once.

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
These changes sound terrific. I'm so thankful to get the U-taunt back, one taunt to draw/sheath sword is perfect. Thank you so much for your great work!

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait to try 2.1 Ashingda. Just so I understand the video and change log a little better, is Sword Ganon 30% weaker in damage AND knockback? Or just Damage? On all moves? But now he can faster link between his moves? Like less lag at the end of his moves?

Also no grab range change? Or new grab animations? I know you said there is a limit on how many animations you can use other widths game crashes, but I think a longer grab range (at least so Ganon can grab out of shield easier) would be beneficial.
Yes damage dropped 30%, the knockback dropped also but increases as the damage goes up. You can possibly kill if they are over 130% percent but not so much at lower percentage unless you meteor. Some moves just cannot kill anymore but the weak knockback sets up for better linking or combo. Only B-Air is faster, majority of the moves stays the same or got a bit slower.

Upsmash is the most ridiculously overpowered thing to ever exist, due to its uncomprehensable hitbox and knock-back/damage,
As well as everything in the kit is just simply too powerful. Down-B has too much range/goes too far and can almost always guarantee a hit.
The range the sword gives him paired with how much damage it does is simply not acceptable in any way.

Don't get me wrong, this is the type of thing i'I've always wanted for ganon, but this is too far. If his damage/knock-back got reduced it'd be such a perfect addition to him, but its impossible to fight against this monster without knowing you're going to basically lose if you mess up once.
It's a bit harder to make a kill with U-Smash now with the damage decrease. The knockback on Down-B got nerfed quite a bit, is good to approach but harder to kill with now. Both the damage and knockback are reduced, but the knockback gets stronger as the percent gets above 130%.

I guess now is the time to start with the balance issue. If anyone would like to test and feedback upon it, I would surely address the issue. Currently all I got are AI to test on and most of them are stupid and a few of them are stupid hard like Zelda, half the time I cannot win or just barely wins. I get creamed by her smashes and air attacks at damages as low as 80%.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
So when the opponents percent is <130% then your knockback increases?

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
So when the opponents percent is <130% then your knockback increases?
It increases as they get more damaged but does not become a kill potential until it reaches that range.

Shiruzato

Smash Cadet
I'm not quite sure anyone's mentioned it thus far, but the restored U-Taunt still references to the sounds used for sheathing the sword in version 1.0 when used while facing left.

Also, I'm a touch bit disappointed that you've decided to keep the Neutral-B the way it is in vBrawl, considering that its blatant copying of the Falcon Punch was one of the most disappointing features of Ganondorf's original moveset in my opinion. That being said, quite I few people seem to like it; since it is still contained in "Punchdorf" 's moveset, however, I would like to see it be at the very least aesthetically altered to appear more unique to Captain Falcon's signature special move. A strong jab, perhaps, similar to 1.0's F-Tilt?

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Also, I'm a touch bit disappointed that you've decided to keep the Neutral-B the way it is in vBrawl, considering that its blatant copying of the Falcon Punch was one of the most disappointing features of Ganondorf's original moveset in my opinion.
I do agree and had wanted to redo this whole move but then realize the effects it would have on other things such as Kirby's ability to copy. I didn't want to touch into it that deep so this got restored back to normal and I gave it a 2nd optional hit just while in sword mode. The idea is that this is now the fist/elbow into sword from Twilight Princess, maybe will tweak the animation later.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey Ashingda, I do like that your trying to balance both Ganons but I think your going about it the wrong way. Instead of weakening Sword Ganon I think it would be wiser to slow down his moves with longer "swings" that are more punishable if they miss but to add more KO power to his moves, make him a slow powerhouse (like Ike or Dedede). Mean while Fist Ganon remains the more agile fighter (in comparison) he currently is.

With 2.0 Sword Ganon while playing against my brothers and freinds (we're not tournament meterial but we're no slouches either) I do lose and have to put on a fight in order to win, so to me 2.0 dorf was not broken at all. Now with the nerfs in power it would be even harder. I think only nerfs he needs are in the speediness of his moves not thier power.

I think I might actually revert back to 2.0 since that version is IMO more balanced.
I hope I'm not sounding disrespectful here, I'm just giving my observations, and I like everyone is is super appreciative on all your hard work.

Also I didn't get an answer about the grabs? To you plan on changig the range of it and possibly change his grab moves completely or their trajectory? Or is that not possible?

Ginge

Smash Ace
Well, try doing 2.0 Fistganon vs 2.0 Swordganon. Fistganon is completely outclassed. The balancing for Swordganon was so that there was actually a reason to Fistganon.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Why does this keep freezing?

2.1 when someone is gannondorf and we pick a stage and their is no beeping noise...

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I like this "Sword gannon is the one with combos to rack up damage and Fist Gannon is the one with KO potential". I reminds me alot of Sheik/Zelda

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
I like this "Sword gannon is the one with combos to rack up damage and Fist Gannon is the one with KO potential". I reminds me alot of Sheik/Zelda
I actually think it should be the opposite, Fist Ganon should be the faster combo style well Sword Ganon should be more like the slow heavy hitting fighting style

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Hey Ashingda, I do like that your trying to balance both Ganons but I think your going about it the wrong way. Instead of weakening Sword Ganon I think it would be wiser to slow down his moves with longer "swings" that are more punishable if they miss but to add more KO power to his moves, make him a slow powerhouse (like Ike or Dedede). Mean while Fist Ganon remains the more agile fighter (in comparison) he currently is.
The reason why I went with a damage nerf was because I didn't want to slow him down too much because that limits options, like that of Neutral-B. I'm leaning more towards the grappler style right now.

I can make a slow and powerful test version to show what I mean, but you know Ike and Dedede don't really have that much killing moves compare to Fist Ganon. The difference is that they got much better range. Ganondorf has a lot more killing moves but it's just harder to connect because of range and speed.

Also I didn't get an answer about the grabs? To you plan on changig the range of it and possibly change his grab moves completely or their trajectory? Or is that not possible?
It is not possible right now because of the two movesets, the PSA is limited and I've completely maxed out the animation file size. It isn't a big deal if this was a stand alone character.

Ginge

Smash Ace
It is not possible right now because of the two movesets, the PSA is limited and I've completely maxed out the animation file size. It isn't a big deal if this was a stand alone character.

When you get to a final version of this dual Ganon, maybe make a Sword Ganon only PSA? Where you put all the things you want to, but can't due to size?

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
I have to admit this worked out way better than I imagined. You can feel the slowness, a bit of frustration and the power. My match-up playtest turned out much better also, it is odd that it becomes easier to hit with a slower speed.

Version 2.1b (Test)
This is the reverse, instead of nerfing damage this instead nerfs the attack speed and adds more lag. Surprisingly this works out better. Might have to do a vote.

Damage: All damage are same as 2.0

Jab: Slow 30%
F-Tilt: No change
U-Tilt: Slow 30%
D-Tilt: Slow 30%

F-Smash: Slow 30%, both start-up and hit
U-Smash: Slow 30%, hit only
D-Smash: Slow 30%, hit only

F-Air: Slow 15%, These has already been slowed to begin with
B-Air: No change
U-Air: Slow 15%
D-Air: Slow 15%