• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Sword Mode for ProjectM

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Swordendof can't Dash-dance.

Tippered sword attacks, F-Smash, and D-Smash's second hit. DAT HITLAG.

Swordendorf's N-air, B-air and D-air have the autocancel of the gods.

Falcondorf's swordhand is weird when not holding the sword, particularily with dat vBrawl fair and Dark Dive. I assume this is a side-effect, but isn't there a way to bypass it?

The Laugh. Sacrifice Side Taunt if necessary, but the laugh, man.

Swordendorf's Dark Dive can stay like that, but without the grab at the end. Revert Falcondorf's. Also, feels like there's less horizontal distance overall.

Chance needs light/meduim armor, man.

Aerial Warlock Punch, as well as Reverse Warlock Punch, don't have the GFX. Aerial makes Dorf bypass the ground slightly.

Some SFX delays, but nothing that cannot be fixed easily.

And yes, I'm aware this is a beta. Just putting my 0.02.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I have been having many real life problems as well as smashboards freaking out on me constantly. I will have an in depth critique once I don't have more important things to worry about. But everything is going in the right direction

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I'm assuming this is about Down-B, I had wanted to add an option to also jump or block during the running part. Also during the Down-B(Air) pressing "A" will start the attack in the air. What do you think about this? Or is light armor still a better option?
I actually prefer your idea a lot more. Go for it!

The Snorlax Master

Smash Rookie
I really like your mod its amazing.
The only thing that bothers me is the down-B and the side-B.
Side-B it could be a horizontal slash attack that could reflect projectiles like he could do during his phantom form in wind waker.
Down-B could be a jumping attack where he slashes downward after jumping in a direction.
(I really like the wind waker Ganon since for me he lasted longer than his twilight princess counter-part. well for me anyway.)

early ganon sword fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBtAvX4Pkyk
phantom ganon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaWxWR9sK4g
final ganon fight showing his sword skills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0hns4Jhjmc

beside this all the work you put in is very nice and thank you for this mod :)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm still of the opinion that light armor would be a great help for the down-b. Otherwise I just don't see it being very useful. Just a few graphical touchups and a few other problems addressed in the thread, as well as some things you yourself have already noticed, and man, this set'll be solid! Can't wait to try it in 3.0.

...Which drops in 4. Days.

Get hype.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I have always disagreed with everyone who said that they don`t like the fact that Ganon is a clone of C. Falcon and that he should have a sword and I feel that this is a great work around for those who like Ganon being a clone, those who want Ganon to be a sword/magic user, and those who want him to be unique but feel that his playstyle has been cemented.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
My only real complaint is that using this mod makes Falcondorf...worse. His up-b is terrible (and again, I know it's still in beta. Just letting you know) and some of his animations are weird. I just wish Falcondorf was untouched, but Swordendorf is awesome (aside from the things previously mentioned).

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
Damage Values
Default Ganon
Jab: 7
Ftilt: 13
Dtilt: 12
Utilt: 8, 22
Fsmash: 22-30
Dsmash: 8-10, 12-16
Usmash: 22-30, 19-?
DashA: 15
Nair: 12, 7
Fair: 17
Dair: 22
Bair: 16
Uair: 6-12
B: 34
SideB: 13
DownB: 15
UpB: ?

Sword Ganon
Jab: 7
Ftilt: 12
Dtilt: 12
Utilt: 14
Fsmash: 10-13, 9-12
Dsmash: 12-16, 9-12
Usmash: 15-20
DashA: 15
Nair: 10-12
Fair: 11-13
Dair: 11-13
Bair: 11-13
Uair: 11-13
B: 34
SideB: 13
DownB: 13-18
UpB: 13-15

Bugs/Notes:
-UpB: Grab has been removed from the default moveset as well as the sword moveset. Sometimes Ganon will grab onto his opponent on his way down, that's weird.
-Dash Attack is the same, you probably know this.
-Dash dancing is broken.
-Some aerials can't be L-canceled.

Recommendations/Comments:
Ground Attacks
Jab: I like this move a lot. It's great to close openings. Really nice as it is.
Tilts: If it poses a problem adding more animations in for angled Ftilts, then I'd say these are 3 acceptable tilts. Utilt is a cool follow up to a lot of things and it pokes platforms. Dtilt has the IASA. Ftilt got da range. I dig it. I like them all as they are.
Fsmash & Dsmash: Good. Only thing I might do is decrease the number of freeze frames on the Fsmash by a bit.
Usmash: I don't like how it moves him forward and the coverage pretty much makes it worthless. Sounds good to me, his smashes aren't supposed to actually be good. I think just get rid of the movement and just have him do this move in place and it's good.
Dash Attack: I think you should make this a little like Link's, except instead of having an upward trajectory, it has a downward trajectory which must be teched. I think it'd be better to give him a unique dash attack than his current DownB, btw.

Aerials
Default Ganon's aerials can all be full-hop wavelanded, save for the Nair. Sword Ganon's aerials can all be FHWL'd, save for the Bair. I'm not sure Bair is the aerial that shouldn't be able to be FHWL'd because I think it's his weakest sword aerial and its utility is already fairly narrow. If it could be FHWL'd, at least he could cover platform options with it and WL away. If anything, I think his Uair should have a longer cooldown because of how much area the thing covers and how well it kills. Plus, he can do the sword Uair a little too freely offstage IMO.

Nair: Not sure how I feel about this Nair. Seems cool but I'm not sure what exactly to do with its trajectory. It seems like it might be okay for starting tech chases and gimping, but it's hard to say. Haven't had a human to test against and I think this is one of those moves where you kind of need to test its uses against a real player.
Fair: Fair is really nice. A disjointed version of his classic Fair, but has less coverage above and below him and can reach a bit further ahead of him. It has a similar use and I think it was wise to keep his Fairs comparable because his Fair is kind of a core component of his moveset.
Bair: I kind of like this Bair but I also thing the sword path is awkward. The hitbox in the front on startup is cute, but I have a suggestion for a new one. Basically, it would have very similar frame data to the original Bair: comes out somewhat slow and has a moderately brief cooldown so he can FHWL it. But instead of the backhand swing, he just stabs his sword outward behind him like his sword Ftilt. Think kind of like Wario's Bair, but instead of a fist, you've got Ganon's sword out there. It gives him a spacing tool from behind, something he never had before that a sword logically would endow.
Uair: Animation is good, needs hitboxes to match it and those hitboxes need their trajectories and knockback adjusted.
An idea which he probably doesn't need on the startup: The move starts out covering his back, at least the animation does, but the hitboxes aren't there. You may want them there, but they should be weaker and with an upward trajectory, slightly angled away from Ganon so that it can be DI'd away from him. I wouldn't recommend implementing this, but I wanted to mention it specifically because I think it's easy to see this possibility and I think it's a bad idea for balance purposes. His character archetype doesn't contain many moves which have multiple different applications at each point during the move. His classic Uair is the best example of such a move. It comes out quick in front, so it can be used to stuff. It covers above him very well so it can be used to cover platforms, anti-air and just cover above him in general. Then the backend of it can be used supremely for edgeguarding not only because of its trajectory but because this point of the move is near the end and it has little cooldown so he can act sooner after connecting with the backside in general, and he can also space with the tail on stage and set up tech chases.
This property of having multiple applications in a move means the move has strong utility. Utility = options. This Uair should be comparable in utility, but inherently different. Something that Ganon's character archetype does not typically employ is strong utility. His options are very linear but they're very solid. His grab game works on most of the cast and it's very consistent. His moveset should follow a similar pattern.
Middle: The majority of the swipe is already good. I like where you have the hitboxes now, I like the sweetspots too, as well as the freeze frames. Only thing I would change is to have the knockback angles on the hitboxes follow the angle of the sword during each frame, and have them point perpendicular to the sword in the direction the sword is traveling. So, during this middle section, most of the time the move will send the opponent forward. It seems like this is the way it pretty much the way it currently works but it's hard to tell.
End: The move hits far in front of Ganon as well, this is great. The only thing that should be changed here is that it should be weaker at the end, but the knockback should be angled downward and away from Ganon, much like the end of his default Uair.
I envision this new Uair to perform something like a mirrored version of Ganon's default Uair, kind of like Pikachu's Uair but way bigger and slower. It should be able to be used OOS similarly, but not nearly as effectively as a defensive option like Pika's can be used for.
I spoke of it earlier, but I'll address it again here, I think the Uair should have a longer cooldown. I'd say increase it by around 8 frames for starters and go from there, it may need to be more.Nevermind, don't do this. I like the outward trajectory more, it fits with the rest of the sword mechanics for Ganon.
Lastly, I think this move is a little too easy to sweetspot. Decrease the size of the sweetspot hitboxes by juuuust a tad, move them back outward toward the tip, and leave the sourspots as they are (I think). Or whatever you think you need to do to make it a liiiiittle less free to sweetspot. We may also want the player to be able to use the sourspots for juggles, so making them a little more accessible can be a good thing.
Dair: Dair is super cool. I love FHWL Dairs. Combined with Fair, Ganon can still put up a defensive wall like he would with his default Fair in Melee. What's different about this is two things:
1. Ganon's "wall" is now disjointed, so it's safer and trades less.
2. His wall must be put up with two moves, rather than one like before, making the Ganon player's reaction time more important than before because he must choose between the two. Dair leaves Ganon's front wide open and the Fair leaves his underside open.

Specials
B: I guess this works.
SideB: It's the same, good.
DownB: Well then... after playing against a human opponent for about an hour, I don't like this move all that much. I think he should just keep the Wizard's Foot and use this animation for a unique Dash Attack. I found myself really wanting to punish at a distance with Wizard's Foot, and while at times this charge attack can accomplish that just fine because of the range of the swing and even cover more options, I just think it's unwarranted and feels very out of place.
UpB: This is great, the animation is perfect. The only thing you should do is match the hitboxes to the animation, especially on the swipe as he's ascending.

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
I just downloaded this and tried it out. I gotta say it's a lot of fun! There are obviously some issues like the Up B working like vBrawl in terms of distance covered and balance issues like maybe some of the moves are too powerful like side smash and down smash follow-ups, but that's understandable. This is awesome and I really hope it can become an official thing in future PM releases. Gotta say \Apples pretty much nailed what I had to say as well.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
This sounds really cool! I would love to download this, but how do you install mods like this? I've installed PM but is there a guide to install mods like this? If anyone can advise me thank you.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
\Apples
Very detailed as usual :D. The overall hitlags are currently a bit too much as everyone has mentioned and has been toned down.

Dash-Attack: Modifying to hit with the sword while in sword mode. The hit range is quite far so I'm not so sure if a down trajectory is a good idea, it makes meteor hits way too easy and would be very OP.

B-Air: I'll try that and see how it turns out.

U-Air: The hitbox really was too large and not during the full swing, It was reduced in size and adjusted.

Down-B, F-Smash, and Neutral-B are getting heavy adjustments. I'll try some things out first before considering using wizard kick.

This sounds really cool! I would love to download this, but how do you install mods like this? I've installed PM but is there a guide to install mods like this? If anyone can advise me thank you.
If you already have Project-M, all you need to do is unzip this download then place it in the Ganon folder in your SD. The path is something like "\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\ganon" It should copy over the previous files. If you need to restore the original PM files you should still have the PM zip.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
\Apples
Very detailed as usual :D. The overall hitlags are currently a bit too much as everyone has mentioned and has been toned down.

Dash-Attack: Modifying to hit with the sword while in sword mode. The hit range is quite far so I'm not so sure if a down trajectory is a good idea, it makes meteor hits way too easy and would be very OP.

B-Air: I'll try that and see how it turns out.

U-Air: The hitbox really was too large and not during the full swing, It was reduced in size and adjusted.

Down-B, F-Smash, and Neutral-B are getting heavy adjustments. I'll try some things out first before considering using wizard kick.

If you already have Project-M, all you need to do is unzip this download then place it in the Ganon folder in your SD. The path is something like "\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\ganon" It should copy over the previous files. If you need to restore the original PM files you should still have the PM zip.

Thanks! its working flawlessly! Ill be testing it out. Cant wait for more changes :) And i can also confirm Special Up doesn't behave correctly with regular Ganon

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
After a bunch of play testing i gotta say i LOVE this mod. Really great work..

But I've got a few suggestions;

1- F-smash's 2 strikes should link up a bit better. It feels a little off.
2- U-smash doesn't make any sense and should be redesigned completely, it should hit on Ganon's sides as well as top.
3- During Up-special i think Ganon should have hitbox's around his body as well as he is really vulnerable during this move.
4- Fair is weird... change it if you can to just a sword strike, maybe similar to Ike's Fair?
5- F-tilt is god like! but in a bad way... it has too much range and also is very strong. My friends and brothers really hate this move and i can see why. I suggest bring back Sparta kick (which he uses in Twilight Princess).
6- Down-special is too slow and is extremely predictable, unless you find a better alternative i suggest bring back Wizard's Foot.
7- Jab is to slow, i suggest using his regular jab.

Two minor suggestions: His Uair is really good but feels awkward, you said your gonna change it so I'll wait and see what your planing. I personally feel he should retain his Uair and Dair from his PM design they fit his character and mix up his move set so it's not ALL sword strikes.

Which leads me to my next point; I know you said you had a vision for this character and you want to overhaul him but i don't think he should swing his sword on every single move, it seems unnatural and a bit gimmicky. It's Like "he finally has a sword so he should use it on every move" kinda of thing in my eyes. Even Link uses his kicks for hits even though he has a sword and Ganon also has a free arm to work with (which by the way, you utilized perfectly in his F-smash). How about you give him some magic based attacks like Zelda? That could make him a "Spell Sword" type of character, obviously projectiles are out of the question, but hit based magic attacks with a bit more range than his limbs could spice his move set up a bit. I think also retaining all his PM tilts would be great for his sword combo game but that could possibly be too much kicking and punching and not enough slicing. I think finding a good balance between Sword, Magic and hitting would make Ganon really unique and very impressive.

These are only suggestions for your build but whatever you do I'm sure it will be amazing. Anyway I'm extremely happy using this mod and I can not wait to see what you do next :)

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to reiterate an earlier point, that if you end a match with Ganon's sword out, he retains it at the start of the next match. This applies for any player slot who used sword mode, even when performed by or after switching to a CPU. Even if you change to another character for a match and return to Ganon he still keeps his sword.

Also, if you switch to another mode (like Training for example) after exiting with the sword out, Ganon's sword will become invisible, although the moveset and effects remain. Is there anyway to reset Ganon to his default moveset after every match? I know the P:M staff is considering adding a way to select Fire or Ice Samus from the character select, so maybe once the technology is released such a thing could be implemented for Ganon?

Edit: Oh, and using holding items like the beam-sword and homerun bat changes how Ganon's sword during his down aerial is held, and after continued use of items the sword changes completely red.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
here I came up with a sword and magic based moveset a little earlier in the clone and speculation topic that took elements from the games he was in and also some moves I think would also suit his character, figured you could take some ideas from it if you'd like

Up Smash = vBrawl's single upwards kick

Down Smash = short range wave of darkness pulsates from Ganondorf reminiscence of before the first fight in Oot

Side Smash = Twilight princess spin attack combo he does (elbow into sword slash)

Up Tilt = animation similar to Ike's side taunt from vbrawl where he raises his sword above his head with one arm

Down Tilt = remains unchanged

Side Tilt = Twilight princess stab attack

A Combo = Ganondorf's A attack with beam sword only slightly altered to be slower and slightly more powerful

Up Air = swinging his sword straight up almost like a stab

Down Air = remains unchanged

Back Air = remains unchanged

Forward Air = two handed overhead sword swing

Neutral Air = unchanged due to me not being able to think of anything at the moment

Neutral B = energy ball attack from Oot

Side B = can stay the same as it is in 2.6 seeing as 3.0 ganon's is getting a changed follow up angle

Up B = jump attack from Twilight princess kind of like Ike's aither only minus the spinning/and throwing of the blade

Down B = ground pound from Oot that he uses to drop the platforms that Link stands on

Dash Attack = Twilight princess run and slash attack
His Down Smash should be the spin attack and the f smash be the elbow that could lead into the spin attack.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
H
After a bunch of play testing i gotta say i LOVE this mod. Really great work..

But I've got a few suggestions;

1- F-smash's 2 strikes should link up a bit better. It feels a little off.
2- U-smash doesn't make any sense and should be redesigned completely, it should hit on Ganon's sides as well as top.
3- During Up-special i think Ganon should have hitbox's around his body as well as he is really vulnerable during this move.
4- Fair is weird... change it if you can to just a sword strike, maybe similar to Ike's Fair?
5- F-tilt is god like! but in a bad way... it has too much range and also is very strong. My friends and brothers really hate this move and i can see why. I suggest bring back Sparta kick (which he uses in Twilight Princess).
6- Down-special is too slow and is extremely predictable, unless you find a better alternative i suggest bring back Wizard's Foot.
7- Jab is to slow, i suggest using his regular jab.

Two minor suggestions: His Uair is really good but feels awkward, you said your gonna change it so I'll wait and see what your planing. I personally feel he should retain his Uair and Dair from his PM design they fit his character and mix up his move set so it's not ALL sword strikes.

Which leads me to my next point; I know you said you had a vision for this character and you want to overhaul him but i don't think he should swing his sword on every single move, it seems unnatural and a bit gimmicky. It's Like "he finally has a sword so he should use it on every move" kinda of thing in my eyes. Even Link uses his kicks for hits even though he has a sword and Ganon also has a free arm to work with (which by the way, you utilized perfectly in his F-smash). How about you give him some magic based attacks like Zelda? That could make him a "Spell Sword" type of character, obviously projectiles are out of the question, but hit based magic attacks with a bit more range than his limbs could spice his move set up a bit. I think also retaining all his PM tilts would be great for his sword combo game but that could possibly be too much kicking and punching and not enough slicing. I think finding a good balance between Sword, Magic and hitting would make Ganon really unique and very impressive.

These are only suggestions for your build but whatever you do I'm sure it will be amazing. Anyway I'm extremely happy using this mod and I can not wait to see what you do next :)
For fair I think it should be similar to Dedede's Fair: a wide upward swing. It could lead into an up b.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Oh, and using holding items like the beam-sword and homerun bat changes how Ganon's sword during his down aerial is held, and after continued use of items the sword changes completely red.
Adding on to this, Ganon holds items in the same hand he is carrying his sword in (With other sword using characters, they hold items in their opposite hand.) and Metal Boxes do not turn the sword into metal. I'll test some other items like mushrooms and hammers later and report back if there's anything screwy with them.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
despite what most have already said, this is complete garbage.
You're completely right. This fun, BETA mod holds no value whatsoever. I'm glad you were able to communicate this eloquently, while also providing such insightful feedback for the creator.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Thank you everyone, I appreciate you taking your time and leaving your feed backs. Everyone's opinion is important here and there is no need to sugarcoat things, but I would also like to avoid any argument/dispute or something of that nature.

GanonFist
I'm glad you had fun with this, the whole point of this project is to have fun.

I do agree with you about mixing in non-sword moves, but would very much like to differ it from Captain Falcon if possible. I have tried experimenting with different punch/kicks vs sword hits but picked sword because of the range advantage and slower strikes which was the focus of this mode. Also having both for example F-Tilt(Kick) and a sword thrust felt redundant because they both are the same option but one is inferior to the other.

Jabs: I want to try a kick(vBrawl f-tilt because it's visually different) into sword combo and see how it works.
U-Smash: This really was a rushed option and you know it :D and does need a redesign. I very much like the idea of mixing magical hits into the moveset.
Up-B: Is now fixed for both modes. I just forgot to turn on or off the required variables that controls this portion. The hitbox was adjusted to also hit a closer ranged.
Down-B: Turned into the normal dash and attack. I have to say it's also much easier to control this way. Now the down special is open for different ideas.

Friesnchip
I can fix the sword mode to begin as fist mode only for the VS mode, as for the Training mode all I can do is fix the sword visibility. I'm using a bit variable to track sword mode, there are certain animations where I can reset the variable like the "Entry" and "Win" or "Lose" animations but during Training mode all those are skipped.

As for Items I plan to force you to drop the sword mode when having items and if you Taunt for sword mode, the item will drop.

DarkStarStorm
I like the Down-B you mentioned, to pound the ground. Ganondorf was mostly a floating character in that game so he drops down to attack then goes back up. Can you please elaborate on how to this would function?

Dash Attack = Twilight princess run and slash attack, I should had done this from the start, but didn't because I was worry about having to add/swap the dash-turn animation which isn't very necessary.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure I probably missed it somewhere, but how exactly do you implement this into PM? I've currently got the WiFi safe, 2.6b, and I just want to know where and how to put the download where it needs to go. I'm sure it has to go in the SD card that I have 2.6b in, but do I need it under a certain folder or anything like that, or can I just download, and slap it down randomly on my SD card and voila?

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure I probably missed it somewhere, but how exactly do you implement this into PM? I've currently got the WiFi safe, 2.6b, and I just want to know where and how to put the download where it needs to go. I'm sure it has to go in the SD card that I have 2.6b in, but do I need it under a certain folder or anything like that, or can I just download, and slap it down randomly on my SD card and voila?
You just replace Ganon's default files on the SD card.

Follow this directory: private -> wii -> app -> RSBE -> pf -> fighter -> ganon

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey, there just a few more ideas/suggestions here;

1- how about D-smash will be his ground punch attack from Ocarina? it will mix his move set a bit for a more wizardly feel. Imagine Charizard's D-smash: Ganon hopes up a bit (like Zard) and slams his fist to the floor causing a shockwave on both sides.

2- I really don't like his new Dair, after a lot of playing with it its just hard to hit especially if you are short hopping as it hits the ground and stops the move. I still feel his stomp should return (maybe just use the vBrawl animation?)

3- for a new Down Special, how about keeping Wizard's Foot but just changing the animation? instead of him gliding over the floor with his foot in front of him, he now glides leaning forward with his sword pointed out in front of him (Range should be the same though. Imagine; he doesn't stick the entire sword in front of him it's more like his holding the hilt close to his chest/upper belly). This essentially keeps one of Ganon's best moves but gives it it's own flavor. Unless you have a better alternative how about you keep Wizard's Foot (with new animation?) until you find a good Down special?

4- for Fair how about an upwards swing of his sword, Similar to Dedede Fair. I think it would be pretty cool.

5- I think Bair needs to come out a bit quicker and the hit box should remain out a little longer. Maybe also increase the range a bit.

5.2- I also have a good idea for a new Bair if your interested; it will be a magic based move and similar animation to his PM Bair, but instead of a fist Ganon will hold his palm open with a energy ball at the end of it, maybe it could electrify a bit and than send the opponent flying.

6- Nair needs to come out alot quicker as I think it should be Ganon's combo breaker in the air (kind of like his PM Nair),

6.2- For a new Nair Idea how about something like Mewtwo's Nair? I little sphere of magic that comes out quickly around Ganon, has a bit of knock back, maybe also electrify's the opponent for a second like Mewtwo's Nair. For an animation i think his (original) Up taunt animation would fit perfectly for this.

7- Im actually hitting with Neutral Special now do to the increased range but a new N- special will probably be better; how about something similar to Zelda's N-special? although that would probably make him a little OP. If my new Nair idea doesn't sound good, how about use that for a new N-special? you could use it on the ground or the air, and it would use Ganon's Up taunt animation. It would block and/or reflect projectiles (or maybe not, since it might make him OP, although he does need help to deal with projectiles) and if the opponent is close it would capture the foe as Ganon is spinning electrocuting him in the process than when the animation finishes it knocks the foe away. Damage and KO potential should depend on whether it Doe's or Doesn't Reflect/block projectiles.

All are this are just random ideas I had to make Ganon...... well, Ganon! Thanks again for making this wonderful mod, with this mod my dream to play AS Ganondorf finally came true.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I 100% believe that this should be his default moveset and get rid of his old one. Mind you I want him to be even more of a Semi-Clone, not getting rid of ALL of his Captain Falcon moves. However I want to see this tweaked and changed because this has a lot of potential. I hope you get recognized by the PMBR and see if it is for consideration. Here is my purposed changes:

• Keep the your Up-B, it is a cool idea for a sweep. Retain the flame choke for Side-B, everyone loves the Choke. Make Down-B your new Side-B, I like the idea of charging at the enemy, I just hope it has heavy armor so it is hard to stop him.
  • Here is an interesting idea for his Neutral-B. Make it so it Tech Chases the opponent! So if you hold left he catches the enemy as he rolls. Of course this new Neutral will have to be weaker to compensate, but I think it would be cool.
  • Even though I love Ganon's power, maybe tone down all of his knockback because of his new range. Maybe along the line of Ike's, but a bit more powerful?
Please note I'm not a Ganon main, but this looks really cool!

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
GanonFist
Made changes to D-Air and Down-B is getting reverted back. I figure I shouldn't mess too much with it. I really wanted to try the ground pound but just don't have the animation slot for it. If this was a stand-alone character then there shouldn't be any problem, but this is in fact a single character with 2 different sets of moves.

GamerGuy09
I had to reconsider making changes to the Neutral-B because of Kirby. I just dont want to deal with that mess. Most of the hitstun and knockbacks are toned down.

Will you be making a 3.0 now?
Yes making that right now, with many changes. Hopefully will get done by next weekend, it should mostly be a copy and paste into the 3.0 files.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Updates:
I got done sooner than I thought. There was a lot of changes and a lot of fixes.

Training Mode: Fixed issue with invisible sword upon returning from the selection screen.
Vs Mode: Ganondorf should always start in fist mode now.

Jab: Increased damage
F-Tilt: Reverted back to the normal.
U-Tilt: Is now a lighting fist uppercut with no kill potential but can be used for setup.
D-Tilt: Is now GanonFist's ground punch attack. It has multiple small lighting damage and used for setup.

F-Smash Hi: Was the previous U-Tilt.
F-Smash Side: Was the previous F-Tilt
F-Smash Low: New, same as above but strikes downwards
D-Smash: Changed the animation to auto 2 hits.
U-Smash: Something inspired by Skyward Sword.

U-Air: Now smaller hitbox
B-Air: Reverted back to normal
F-Air: Increased damage
D-Air: New animation, has same damage potential as normal D-air

Up-B: Fixed the grab issue. Has better hitboxes and can kill at very high percentage.
Side-B: No change
Down-B: Same as the kick version, now just done with the sword.
Normal-B: Press A to make an extra sword strike with the same damage potential as the first hit.

Version 2.0 Release
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AXhTJMeqZQ

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zvz827aro132e0v/Ganondorf+v2.0+Release.zip

-Whiplash-

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silva-Silva
3DS FC
4527-7465-9250
Looks pretty cool.

What I think would be cool is if you could also turn around after the warlock puch when you hit A, so he could punch, then you push Back + A and he turns around to hit behind. Could be interesting.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Wow! This looks amazing!! Can't wait to play with it. All the moves look amazing in that video. I'm gonna miss the old f-smash cause I thought it was awesome but from the video the new one looks a lot more useful.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
The link keeps taking me to v1.0Beta. I don't think that's right.
The link has been updated. It's very odd, the link on youtube works fine but here was bugged.

1 question, if I wanted to replace the sword model with say http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24968 the Dark Master Sword, would I just swap the FitGanon.pacs or is it more complex?
It is more complex. The file that has the sword model is in FitGanonMotionEtc.pac, and you cannot just swap this file with Dark Master Sword because it also contains all the new animations. The only way to do it is to export the sword model and import it.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zvz827aro132e0v/Ganondorf v2.0 Release.zip

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
The link has been updated. It's very odd, the link on youtube works fine but here was bugged.

It is more complex. The file that has the sword model is in FitGanonMotionEtc.pac, and you cannot just swap this file with Dark Master Sword because it also contains all the new animations. The only way to do it is to export the sword model and import it.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zvz827aro132e0v/Ganondorf v2.0 Release.zip
Did you fix all of the problems with Non-Sword Ganon mode?

Top Bottom