• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Patch 1.0.6

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
12 hours from now we will get version 1.0.6 of SSB Wii U.

Created this thread a day earlier for us to begin speculating the changes Ganondorf may receive.

I'll pile the list of changes here once they are properly confirmed for easy finding.

Last edited:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Hopefully Ganon will explode upon kidnapping Zelda.

We need a 100-0 matchup.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
A Frame 6 Jab, and he's ready to rock.

Not only would it generally be a much better move and compliment, but it'd also probably give us a garantueed Jab on the whole cast after a Gerudo.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
A Frame 6 Jab, and he's ready to rock.

Not only would it generally be a much better move and compliment, but it'd also probably give us a garantueed Jab on the whole cast after a Gerudo.
Test that in slow motion against characters that have frame 6 grabs.

I might delay patching so that I can finish recording some select replays.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm not following you, A2.
We have a big existing frame data resource, so we know the startup times of all moves (barring obscure changes that will happen post patch). http://pastebin.com/PzTjdtx8

Basically if you go to training mode, and set it on frame advance, you can put Ganon next to a character with a 6 frame grab, and then you have them start the move at the same time before allowing playback. Ideally if we got any frame data changes, we will see Ganon's Jab trading with the grab, as opposed to being interrupted.

I suspect grabs are among moves that are extremely unlikely to get frame data changes, hence why I suggested them as test subjects.

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
A list of wants for Santa Sakurai to deliver (Most will do):

Faster jab;
non-techable flame choke
Wizkick aerial jump replenisher
Thunderstorm/less lag down air

I think I might hold off on patch changing as well. Got some stuff to do, so I'll patch tomorrow most likely.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Ganoncide is still in, i don't notice anything different so far.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Ganon's Jab does 10% in training mode now. Unsure about other changes.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Does his fair have less landing lag, or is that just me?
Need to wait on the data dump to know for sure, but I thought it might have a bit less. Could be placebo too, it's not more than a couple frames if anything.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Dark Fist was buffed. The Squat (startup) now has fixed knockback so it combos into the punch at any percentage.

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
F-throw now does 14%.
Double check that you aren't testing against "random" CPUs with customs on. Fthrow still does 13% for me.

Jab does 8-10% now instead of 6-7%.

I think Warlock Blade was nerfed a bit.

It says 24% damage on Thinkaman's Damage value table thing, but the most I can get out of a tippered Warlock Blade is 22%.

Can anyone confirm this?
I can confirm that Thinkaman's damage table was inaccurate. It's been 18-22% since at least two patches ago.

Last edited:

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Can't get it to combo on Falcon at any percent, no rage. Can you confirm?
It always had fixed wight based knockback. It won't combo on CF without rage because he is a fast faller that isn't also a lightweight.

Did Ganon's pummel always do 3%? The only real change I've noticed was jab damage buffs and maybe this pummel damage buff. Jab still hits on frame 8 sadly. Still laggy too. His grab still whiffs on small crouch/landings.

Last edited:

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
It always had fixed wight based knockback. It won't combo on CF without rage because he is a fast faller that isn't also a lightweight.

Did Ganon's pummel always do 3%? The only real change I've noticed was jab damage buffs and maybe this pummel damage buff. Jab still hits on frame 8 sadly. Still laggy too. His grab still whiffs on small crouch/landings.
Yes, pummel was always 3% in Sm4sh. It was 2% in Brawl.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
From what i've tested F-tilt, D-tilt & Jab work on Mewtwo after chokes, also D-tilt hits if he tech rolls away.
EDIT: does anyone want to play right now so i can confirm this?

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'm imagining they added a new sound effect to Dark Vault, and that Warlock Burst has better initial knockback and better knockback plus damage on sweetspot - still a worthless move, though.
I'm also imagining Dtilt has just slighty less cooldown, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Kinda disapointed. No nerfs, though, and batter Jab Damage is at least better than nothing.
I was a bit over-hyped about this :/

I haven't been able to test Dsmash on shield.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
No more frame canceling

Helldrop remains, as does the similar ledge trick

My flame choke just went through an inhaling D3, it pulled me in and choke won. Was it always like this?

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
No more frame canceling
Frame canceling is definitely still in, though it does feel harder to do. It might force you to land with the first frame of the hitbox rather than at any time during the hitbox(not sure though) but I've definitely pulled it off in training mode.

Godman

Smash Rookie
So ive been playing on single player and training with both ai that doesn't do anything and amiibo and standard ai...

Can Ganondorf now Ftilt link if link misses a choke tech? Or am I going completely insane? And if this does work on link now does it on more characters who couldn't be hit before?

Also... it seems that the first of our King's Dsmash always links into the second instead of those rare instances where it just threw someone forward and didn't connect, can someone else confirm or am I just delusional?

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So ive been playing on single player and training with both ai that doesn't do anything and amiibo and standard ai...

Can Ganondorf now Ftilt link if link misses a choke tech? Or am I going completely insane? and if this is a thing does it work on more characters?

Also... it seems that the first of our King's Dsmash always links into the second instead of those rare instances where it doesn't connect, can someone else confirm or am I just delusional?
Yes for both.

Also, couldn't Ganondorf always do an Ftilt off a missed choke tech?

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Ganondorf can only jab link out of a choke.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Haven't had a chance to test, but it's likely we got another general end lag buff, judging by Gungnirs clip. We'll likely have to wait for the data dump to know for sure though.

Godman

Smash Rookie
Yes for both.

Also, couldn't Ganondorf always do an Ftilt off a missed choke tech?
It was (maybe still is) character specific because I think I remember before the patch we didn't have any sort of follow up unless we tech chased him

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I just faced Mewtwo with Dorf, unfortunately D-tilt & F-tilt don't work after a choke, not sure about jab.
D-tilt hits him if he tech rolls away though.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Apparently we can't choke through inhale unless we start it at the right distance at close range, not sure if this was possible before but pretty cool albeit situational due to the strictness of it.

I'm almost positive about frame cancelling, I'll try some more.

Top Bottom