• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf on the next Tier List

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
How do you think he'll fair? Where'll he be placed and why. Me, I think he'll be higher, but not by too much... still Low tier, but maybe 2 or 3 spots higher. We've been improving Ganon a lot recently.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
I have a question... have ANY Ganondorf's ever won any tourneys besides the ones where everyone's drunk and horny...?

HydeInTheBox

Smash Cadet
Don't get me wrong, I love Ganondorf and all, but I don't think he'll move much unless Captain Falcon goes with him.

Gleam

Smash Ace
Unfortunately we could learn how to chaingrab the entire cast or learn to KO in one with some crazy Jab instant Punch combo or something but unless his tournament results peak up he's not going anywhere.

It really is kind of poor especially when the likes of Falcon and so many other characters who Ganon can litterally go head to head with are higher because nobody uses Ganon. Ganon is or used to be (Not so sure anymore with the Ganon boards) one of the most unpopular character in the world in which everybody seemed to think his only redeeming factor was Ganonciding. Not only that but it takes so much skill to use Ganon affectively and in the world MKs and Dededes there's a far minumal chance one will face an easy match up like Falcon than a hard one like MK.

When a good Ganondorf goes to a tournament, good results come out. We know this when Ganondorf almost went to C rank up in the tourney list around May.

Tournament results mean too much, and being last place does not help.

TP

Smash Master
Ganon would be much better off, but every Ganon main lives in the middle of nowhere.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Ganon would be much better off, but every Ganon main lives in the middle of nowhere.
Yeah. If some of us were able to attend tournaments, I'm sure Ganon's placement would rise.

As for Ganon's place on the tier list, it should be below Link.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
He will be AT LEAST high tier !
Haven't you seen his latest AT? "The flight of Ganon" ! ! !

ShinGaruda

Smash Journeyman
There really isn't much use for that move, though I'll try not to bring the FOG discussion to this one.

Although I believe Ganondorf deserves to be a little higher, remember that if he stays low, people will still be taken by surprise.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I think Ganon will stay where he is.

Yea Ganon has lots of bad matchups but in the right hands he is a beast. Same as Mario, except Mario doesn't have as many bad matchups as Ganon.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Ganon's not moving for sh*t on the tier list, but that's not to say that he's not going to start doing better at a competitive level. I don't care where he falls on the tier list personally, I only care how people are doing with him at high levels of play as time goes on. He's a character that requires complete understanding of every match-up he goes against in order to fight on an equal plane, and learning those match-ups to exhaustion takes time.

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
No i know hes above him im just saying wizard 99 doesnt

I know Ganon is better than Falcon, but due to circumstances like tournament rankings and match-up comparisons, Ganon has a hard time moving up. :(

Top Bottom