• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf is the worst character in game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xizor98

Smash Rookie
Ganondorf, Falcon, and Samus were my mains in Melee, and of those 3, I'm by far the best with Ganon in Brawl. Samus would be ok, but it takes entirely too long to kill anyone with her and Falcon's level of suckage just breaks my heart. I really wanted to like him but...he's just no good.

I've more or less moved on to Snake and Wario, but I have the most fun playing with Ganon.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
FLUDD and Water Gun are AMAZING against most recoveries if you can aim a fully charged one just right. What's the big deal that Ganondorf too gets gimped from those two attacks? FLUDD and Water Gun are MASSIVELY UNDERRATED by the general population. If you want me to go more in depth about FLUDD, I will.

Of course, that's not actually to imply Ganondorf is good. I'm just trying to point out to you that that isn't the real reason he's horrible.
Please do go into detail about Water gun for my sake. I know it's a good move, but I just can't get it to work nicely because of how annoyingly hard it is to aim. FLUDD is just better IMO.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Ganondorf tops Falcon because he's got enough kill moves to make up for it. Even the jab has enough KO power.

Cap is so middle-of-the-road none of his attacks really kill until high percentages, and he can't even combo as well as he used to.

Ganon's bad, but CF is a complete joke......

Ganon can Tech Chase, Approach Ganoncide, one of the best spikes in the game, KO potenial on every move and he makes every hit count and hurt. Falcon can't even do that right. His priority is terrible, his moves are slow AND have on mediocore KO potential. No combo ability due to Brawl lack of hitstun and physics engine. Falcon is easily the worst character in the game

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Please do go into detail about Water gun for my sake. I know it's a good move, but I just can't get it to work nicely because of how annoyingly hard it is to aim. FLUDD is just better IMO.
Eh, I've actually heard recently that Water Gun is weaker than FLUDD...but has longer range. Maybe Water Gun isn't that much to talk about...I dunno since I haven't actually used the Pokemon Trainer.

The main thing that's so great about these two attacks is that if you time them right, they will stop people from grabbing the ledge. At least this is the case for the FLUDD. They also push people upwards, which may sound bad, but actually sets up someone in the position for you to hit them with a different attack. Mind you, the horizontal pushback is stronger than the vertical pushback, so all in all the opponent is normally taking a net loss in horizontal distance when hit by a fully charged blast of water.

FalcoLeetness

Smash Cadet
I think you misunderstand what his point is.. just because a few pros are good WITH ganon doesn't mean hes an inherently good character as compared to other characters.

I mean there are a few really good bowser players too but hes not top tier and everyone knows it..

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Gimpyfish is a fantastic Bowser player but Bowser is still awful.

Also, seriously, can we just close this thread? It's obsolete now that we have an ACTUAL Gdorf discussion instead of "lol he sucks: THE THREAD"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom