• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf is the most limited character in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Having mained Ganondorf for over a year now, I've begun to notice that his answer to the aspects of brawl are VERY limited, infact they're more limited than any other character.

Ganondorf, as we all know, is the "slowest" character in brawl, this alone makes him very limited. Being slow, both in the air and on the ground, means that you can't tech chase, follow up attacks, mindgame, as good as everyone else, and Gerudo isn't the solution for this, that move's also slow.

Slowest, and worst OoS options. We all know how dreadful they are. 7 frame grab with the smallest range, makes it almost impossible for Ganon to grab someone OoS. A 9 frame jab, 16 frames OoS, shouldn't be called a jab at all. Jab's are suppose to be "GTFO" moves, not slow, laggy, low damaging attacks. Cause of how slow Ganon's jab is OoS, he can't punish with it, giving Ganon another less option.

No projectile (having no answer for camping, or to camp), slow attacks (no fast moves to break out of combos with, or use OoS), only a few true combos (having an ridiculous amount of trouble comboing or racking up damage himself), are other reasons why he's limited. Now, there are other characters who have troubles such as these, but not one character have all these 'together'. For example, Bowser has trouble comboing, but has good OoS shield options and a projectile. Donkey Kong has no projectile, but has no trouble racking up damage and attacking OoS. Etc, etc.

No moves to juggle with. Not being able to juggle also makes a character limited. DTilt may be considered a juggling move, but it really shouldn't because of how easily players could jump out of the second hit.

There are tons of other stuff which I can't post atm, but you basically got the point. Ganondorf is the most limited character in brawl, he's like G&W in a way, but instead of being "good and limited" he's "bad and limited", and because of that, he'll always remain at the bottom of the tier list.

TP

Smash Master
If you want to make a thread about how bad Ganon is, you CAN'T leave out his recovery.

Jab is frame 8. ^_^

:034:

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Having mained Ganondorf for over a year now, I've begun to notice that his answer to the aspects of brawl are VERY limited, infact they're more limited than any other character.

Ganondorf, as we all know, is the "slowest" character in brawl, this alone makes him very limited. Being slow, both in the air and on the ground, means that you can't tech chase, follow up attacks, mindgame, as good as everyone else, and Gerudo isn't the solution for this, that move's also slow.

Slowest, and worst OoS options. We all know how dreadful they are. 7 frame grab with the smallest range, makes it almost impossible for Ganon to grab someone OoS. A 9 frame jab, 16 frames OoS, shouldn't be called a jab at all. Jab's are suppose to be "GTFO" moves, not slow, laggy, low damaging attacks. Cause of how slow Ganon's jab is OoS, he can't punish with it, giving Ganon another less option.

No projectile (having no answer for camping, or to camp), slow attacks (no fast moves to break out of combos with, or use OoS), only a few true combos (having an ridiculous amount of trouble comboing or racking up damage himself), are other reasons why he's limited. Now, there are other characters who have troubles such as these, but not one character have all these 'together'. For example, Bowser has trouble comboing, but has good OoS shield options and a projectile. Donkey Kong has no projectile, but has no trouble racking up damage and attacking OoS. Etc, etc.

No moves to juggle with. Not being able to juggle also makes a character limited. DTilt may be considered a juggling move, but it really shouldn't because of how easily players could jump out of the second hit.

There are tons of other stuff which I can't post atm, but you basically got the point. Ganondorf is the most limited character in brawl, he's like G&W in a way, but instead of being "good and limited" he's "bad and limited", and because of that, he'll always remain at the bottom of the tier list.

bulll****. Jigglypuff is. Her ground game is nearly non existant and she has no reliable kill move. Also, what is the point of these topics? Everyone and their grandmother knows Ganondorf is the worst character in the game because of his atrocious match-ups. Making topics on how bad he is doesnt do a **** thing for his metagame. =/

im just playing Kalm. But srsly you are waaay too pessimistic. <3

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Kalm: Ganon :: Noobicidal : Jigglypuff

In terms of self-loathing character usage anyway. Still, this thread is pointless; WE KNOW THIS ALREADY.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Awesome.

So what's the point of this thread again? To whine? To point out to all of the even slightly optimistic that Ganondorf sucks and they should give up? Frankly, this is like a clinically depressed person running a suicide recovery group. Yea, a lot of the things you're saying are true, but you're also not helping whatsoever. If you want to whine, find a forum to do that. You can argue to me and yourself all you want about how you wanted to share and how you aren't whining, but you are.

Honestly, I agree with you on a lot of your points, but I actually find that a lot of it has to do with the problems of Brawl in general. Close this thread please.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Awesome.

So what's the point of this thread again? To whine? To point out to all of the even slightly optimistic that Ganondorf sucks and they should give up? Frankly, this is like a clinically depressed person running a suicide recovery group. Yea, a lot of the things you're saying are true, but you're also not helping whatsoever. If you want to whine, find a forum to do that. You can argue to me and yourself all you want about how you wanted to share and how you aren't whining, but you are.

Honestly, I agree with you on a lot of your points, but I actually find that a lot of it has to do with the problems of Brawl in general. Close this thread please.
That's exactly the point.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I think PX is at a tourny so he can't wizkick spike this atm.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I guess he's finally tired of trying so hard to accomplish nothing. Better switch mains! Though I must say his vids were good! But maybe they were all against scrubs or something.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I guess he's finally tired of trying so hard to accomplish nothing. Better switch mains! Though I must say his vids were good! But maybe they were all against scrubs or something.
This. Srsly Kalm. If you hate Dorf so much stop using him. :ohwell:

Better yet! Use JIGGLYPUFF!! After **** talking me in the AIM convo over a mere disagreement, essentially destroying our friendship over a GAME after I repeatedly told you I didn't want to argue about something so silly and defending her so much, you ought to! =/

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Awesome.

Quite Agreed.

LordofDarkness

Smash Cadet
Ray don't! You know your loyalty lies with the dark one. No amount of miserable defeats can take that from you, because the glorious victories, however few they might be, make it all worth it.

The Dark Lord demands it.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
I think Ganon's limits are what makes him fun for me. It feels easier to think of something to do, but maybe that's just me.

Superspright

Smash Lord
I like that about Ganon too. Plus, repeatedly stomping people is lol sauce. I play him for the challenge. Not for the wins.

fraudster111

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf is the most limited character in brawl, he's like G&W in a way, but instead of being "good and limited" he's "bad and limited", and because of that, he'll always remain at the bottom of the tier list.

Aww im sorry lol. How is he like gnw "in a way". You mean the fact that we can both kill at 80%. Anyways what abt flamechoke tech chase, doesnt that count for something?:chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom