• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon Dittos: Not for Everyone

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
There are definitely more derp matchups out there, like Olimar, ICs or Lucario dittos, but Ganondorf dittos, to me, and many others (DLA and a few others included) are really, really weird and almost awkward.

I personally find myself feeling like since Ganondorf is such a "surprise" character, that if you're fighting another good Ganon, it feels like putting two polar ends of a magnet in fron of each other. Just derp. It psyches you out. There are just a ton of considerations that can be taken into account with hating or performing poorly in Ganon dittos.

First there's judgment. Some people feel like they're being judged by the other Ganon due to their scrutiny of your playstyle, and that makes them uncomfortable and nervous.

Then there's shirking attempts at reading since you feel so psyched out, so you get impatient and just try to strongarm them. I'm personally guilty of this one in particular. Even though I know they can't read me any better than another character, just knowing they know what CAN be done to them for some reasons makes me abstain from trying to implement mindgames or precise playing. I'm very guilty of playing other Ganons and just trying to overpower them.

Lastly, some Ganon mains can't take other Ganons seriously, as ironic as that is. Because it takes such trepidation to come to a point with Ganon to get good whatsoever, you find it hard to take them seriously and just, like the aforementioned paragraph states, try to overpower them.

But what all of these three could culminate to as well, is if you know you'll perform in such a way, you just sandbag.

So, are you one of the people who can tolerate Ganon dittos, or are you like the other half of us who just can't focus or play seriously in them and sandbag?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
UNDISPUTEDLY STUPID
DDD dittos
MK dittos
Diddy Kong diddos
Falco dittos
IC dittos
Pittos

MANLY OF THE MANLY
Falcon dittos
Ganon dittos
Snake dittos
DK dittos
Fox dittos
Wolf dittos

Im sorry i find Ganon dittos are quite hot. It becomes more about skills and bragging rights over match up ###. I mean look at DDD dittos, 1 grab and all they have to do is CG to the ledge and your stuck in an infinite >_> Least with Ganon dittos you should be excited about stomping this impostor ganon into paste

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Ganon dittos are dependent on Ganon ditto skills, not Ganon skills.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
UNDISPUTEDLY STUPID
DDD dittos
MK dittos
Diddy Kong diddos
Falco dittos
IC dittos
Pittos

MANLY OF THE MANLY
Falcon dittos
Ganon dittos
Snake dittos
DK dittos
Fox dittos
Wolf dittos

Im sorry i find Ganon dittos are quite hot. It becomes more about skills and bragging rights over match up ###. I mean look at DDD dittos, 1 grab and all they have to do is CG to the ledge and your stuck in an infinite >_> Least with Ganon dittos you should be excited about stomping this impostor ganon into paste
It's just the nature of Ganon. He relies on prediction moreso than any other character, so it's tough to get past that mental roadblock.

I can take on some tough opponents. Really tough. But I cannot for the life of me invest myself into Ganon dittos.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
^^^ i think your issue is prob your POV. Once you learn the ditto MU you should enjoy it. I mean you both share the same pit falls, it becomes a matter of who CAN get the better reads in, in every aspect of the match. And in my opinion, the better ganon is the one that gets the reads in, gets the damage and kills in with spacing deserves to win.

Ganon dittos are dependent on Ganon ditto skills, not Ganon skills.
this is true, but i still find the ganon ditto alot better than something as dumb as DDD ones. You dont get gayed over hard from your own grab range lol

Reim

Smash Journeyman
Whenever I play a Ganon ditto, I have to rethink my whole playstyle, since my usual tactics would just be wierd on another Ganon. I keep getting confused if I'm playing another Ganon. Usually I tend to get the same ideas as my opponent. As stated above:
Vermanubis said:
Just derp.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Dittos in general suck cause you have to play with a different mentality than you normally do against the other 38 characters. But once you get used to the mentality, dittos become fun!

Most Ganon dittos however are done for fun as I can't imagine two Ganon mains running into each other into tourney.... (though that sounds epic)

Oyi you forgot Ike for manly dittos.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Most Ganon dittos however are done for fun as I can't imagine two Ganon mains running into each other into tourney.... (though that sounds epic)

Oyi you forgot Ike for manly dittos.
TP and I fought each other in pools... it was pretty **** epic. Thankfully he had the decency to do Ganon dittos instead of going MK, like he did in the rest of pools. Mad props.

Also... Ike dittos aren't manly. Jab jab jab jab jab jab jab....

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
I have a problem with ganon dittos also. I tend to think my normal playing style will work but i keep forgeting that whatever i can do he can do also lol.

A good practice for almost anyone is to take your main and challenge the character you have most trouble with for a week and at the end of the week you should have no problem with that character anymore. I myself did this with every single character against my ganon which took 37 weeks. Im telling you right now.. you have to be devoted to doing this practice course.

I know it takes a long time but it is really worth it at the end because after a wekk of battling the same character over and over then you should know there strenghts and weaknesses, there limits and everything. You dont have to do it on every character like i did, just do it on the ones you have most trouble with. (IC was the hardest for me and i still have trouble with them but im better at battling them than i was before i did the practice course)

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
My issue with Ganon dittos is that one mistake means you get fresh Fsmashed to your death at rather low percents, regardless of how well you racked up the damage.

Moth: You have a main of every character in your area? /boggle

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
Not sure if i do or not, if your saying i actually do then.. cool lol.

Oh and i have the same problem with ganon dittos aswell, i mess up 1 time and its all over for that stock because i get thunderstormed to death.

D-Rock1000

Smash Cadet
Oh and i have the same problem with ganon dittos aswell, i mess up 1 time and its all over for that stock because i get thunderstormed to death.
You can just nair after the first or second one to get out of that, can't you?

I personally love Ganon dittos. I think part of it is that I happen to like most dittos, with IC and Sonic dittos being the only ones that I really don't dislike. It might be too that I really haven't developed match up strategies for other characters with Ganon, as I usually just play him for fun. I just know some things about Ganon and some combos and such and go off of that, more than actual mu knowledge with Ganon. I think another thing is that against another Ganon, you don't have to worry about camping or cging or a lot of other things that make it really frustrating to play as Ganon, at times.

This past weekend even at a tournament I went to, I did a Ganon ditto MM and happened to win (only MM I won that day lol). Online (which is where I mostly play. Stupid transportation issues...), I've had some amazing Ganon dittos. Just last week, I happened to be playing one friend, who I didn't know played Ganon, and we agreed to do a few dittos. I think we ended up doing 15-20 Ganon dittos and I think I saved about 10+ replays because some really crazy and weird things happened, nearly every match. One of the most fun times I've ever had playing smash.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
UNDISPUTEDLY STUPID
DDD dittos
MK dittos
Diddy Kong diddos
Falco dittos
IC dittos
Pittos

MANLY OF THE MANLY
Falcon dittos
Ganon dittos
Snake dittos
DK dittos
Fox dittos
Wolf dittos

Link dittos are also manly. And due grab releases Wario dittos are stupid (although it's not uncommon that people agree to not grab release each other).

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I like Ganon dittos a lot because there's a lot of options. You can play either offensively or defensively if you know what your opponent is doing. Either style is very rewarding when done correctly.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
can't all dittos be broken down into that? Or any match for that manner?
Ganon's is different because he no longer has all of those glaring weaknesses and one fsmash can beat a stock. It's a lot easier to hit another Ganon with an fsmash than any other character lol.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Isn't this your best MU though?
All the match seems to be is mindgames and if one reads the other just once your are usually done for that stock

Superspright

Smash Lord
Ganon is barebones on the metagame, but against himself all bets are off. Even WP can connect if you make a good prediction.

But Verm, isn't D3 actually easier to hit with the fsmash? :O

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Ganon is barebones on the metagame, but against himself all bets are off. Even WP can connect if you make a good prediction.

But Verm, isn't D3 actually easier to hit with the fsmash? :O
As far as technicalities go, yes lol. As far as practicality goes, HELL NAW.

Top Bottom