• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon Boards Combo video - WE NEED A NAME!!!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That's probably the best remix of that One Piece song I've heard (especially since it takes the good half of the song and loops it, lol). Would be pretty good to use. Schoenberg would be terrible for a combo video, lol. Ramses is too... soundless? After a while it just becomes like... one chord hit over and over again really fast. Death Metal in general is just like... NOISE... not even music. How are they gonna have fun with the video like that? For whom the bell tolls was tight.

Also, get out of here, Timbers, you're not gonna be in the video.
By Opening, I was refering to opening mostly, so it could extend beyond, that's why I suggested expressionism period (expressionism COULD be pulled off for a combo video, but it would need to be very carefully tailored to it). If it extends into actual gameplay then it's not the best to use. Terror as well, it's well suited to introducing the gameplay, but not well suited to actually be present. Ramses: Bring of War was the only one of the 3 opening choices that really could extend into actual gameplay.

And yes, we NEED an epic opening sequence, cause this is Ganondorf.

I think there's a disagreement here about death metal, regardless, Death metal and Black metal, and their sub-genres are what fit Ganondorf best as a character. He's not Ike, power metal just doesn't fit him (no, rap doesn't fit Ike, that's Sonic).

I think it's great and that we could do a lot with either, but I think that outside those genres (with a few notable exceptions) they just don't fit our character, so IMO we should look to find stuff that works within those genres.

Remember, he is the King of Evil.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That's why you go with a dark/powerful epic song for him... that's much more awe-inspiring than death metal (which isn't frightening or awe-inspiring in the least) :\

I've also seen a Ganon video that used power metal and it fit just fine.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That's why you go with a dark/powerful epic song for him... that's much more awe-inspiring than death metal (which isn't frightening or awe-inspiring in the least) :\

I've also seen a Ganon video that used power metal and it fit just fine.
Well, find me something that's dark enough, power metal as a genre really isn't all that Dark, which is why I prefer Death and Black metal for him.

... yeah, no. Every Ganondorf with power metal had me grinding my teeth, being involved in production (acting mostly) and music, I can tell there's a very distinct feel for different types of music, and certain characters simply don't fit those types. I have a very good ear for it as a result, and every power metal using video so far got me to grate my teeth.

No offense to the people who did the vids themselves, most of them were high quality, the thing is, power metal just isn't Ganondorf, at least nothing I can think of, and definitely nothing that's been used so far.

American power metal is too heroic, European power metal is too melodic.

Nah, just doesn't work.

Ultimately, I think it's far more your dislike for the genre speaking then anything else, most of the songs mentioned are pretty epic in their own right, which was part of the reason they were chosen. Most importantly, they truly fit the character of the King of Evil.

But I mean, if you wanna bring something else to the table for the middle piece (since you're primarily objecting to my choice there) bring something that is sufficiently dark and epic.

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEllLECo4OM

Carmina Burana. This is what you mean yes yes? I think that's exactlywhat you were thinking of yes yes. That's like the stereotypical dark/powerful epic song.@Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi btw

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEllLECo4OM

Carmina Burana. This is what you mean yes yes? I think that's exactlywhat you were thinking of yes yes. That's like the stereotypical dark/powerful epic song.@Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi btw
Probably overdone, but it would work for opening. I think we're better off with Terror though.

This would not work for gameplay though, too classical a feel, needs a stronger beat, there are remixes that might work, but I don't think it sounds villainous enough, we have better options.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
HOLY**** GUYS

I found **** good Song

It has Metal elements and Epic Voice elements

THE LENGTH IS PERFECT

It sounds dark

ALL WHAT WE NEED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYm3h_8iNeA&fmt=18

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just had a ganongasm, it's perfect.

I like Terror for the intro, and then some XRay Dog for the body, and then something totally random for the Close.

**** yes... ENDING/CREDITS MUSIC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwlMpCNaOrQ
Like Terror, Xray god doesn't really make a good progression, they have villainous stuff, but it doesn't sound brutal enough for a Ganondorf combo vid's gameplay section.

Really random ending isn't Ganon's style.

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
DEATH METAL! FTW are you kidding me
In RL I hate "death metal" and I listens to "folk" and "classic rock".

Ganon is our DARK LORD, you HAVE to play Death Metal!!!!!!
also for the credits here is a nice something cool "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vS6syL0-jM"

Timbers

check me out
HOLY**** GUYS

I found **** good Song

It has Metal elements and Epic Voice elements

THE LENGTH IS PERFECT

It sounds dark

ALL WHAT WE NEED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYm3h_8iNeA&fmt=18

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i was listening to this and the first few mins in I'm thinkin this is pretty ballin'.

It still is but, its tune is very structured. You kind of want to keep it fresh throughout the video, not have the exact same thing you were listening to 4 mins ago still be playing. I'd definitely use this song but couple it with one or two other tracks to keep the audio dynamic.

:034:

Smash Hero

also for the credits here is a nice something cool "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vS6syL0-jM"
who are you

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

No, we can use use other things that sound villianous enough. They're rare, but the Walls of Babylon definitely fits the bill. It sounds truly evil.

who are you
Good question, still if he had a good point, we'd listen, right?

i was listening to this and the first few mins in I'm thinkin this is pretty ballin'.

It still is but, its tune is very structured. You kind of want to keep it fresh throughout the video, not have the exact same thing you were listening to 4 mins ago still be playing. I'd definitely use this song but couple it with one or two other tracks to keep the audio dynamic.
Good point, maybe some audio distortion is in order instead of another track?

Anyone able to do that? I can if that's the route we wanna go but I'd prefer to have two people working on it.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

@stRIP: I really like the 9-minute-song you found.
But Timbers do have a point in what he said.

stRIP

Smash Ace
@stRIP: I really like the 9-minute-song you found.
But Timbers do have a point in what he said.
Yeah that is the only bad thing about the song..

Anyone able to do that? I can if that's the route we wanna go but I'd prefer to have two people working on it.
Example pl0x?

Timbers

check me out

I've never mixed power metal before lol. Just from experience and opinion, I'm not entirely sure if it'd be the greatest of ideas, as power metal tends to have a very distorted and crass sound, which tends to not be the greatest thing to work with (also distorted bass which is a personal peeve of my own)

Good luck trying it though.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I've never mixed power metal before lol. Just from experience and opinion, I'm not entirely sure if it'd be the greatest of ideas, as power metal tends to have a very distorted and crass sound, which tends to not be the greatest thing to work with (also distorted bass which is a personal peeve of my own)

Good luck trying it though.
Oh, fun, didn't realize that power metal was that exceptionally difficult to mix, but I'll work on it. Most of my mixing has been hip-hop for dancing so far.

I'll play with it, see what I get. If it's interesting, I'll submit it.

if you don't feel the that at LEAST the first 35 seconds of this are COMPLETELY epic and totally fit this video, i've lost faith in this board

Between the Buried and Me - Alaska
It's epic, but too heroic, doesn't fit Ganondorf. The rest of the song just isn't epic.

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
who are you
some guy on the internet who came across this thread :D
I don't even play Ganon, but I felt since Ganon is my dark lord that it was completely necessary to have input on what music should be played.

I don't even see why it is even a debate DEATH METAL > Epic [once again I hate Death Metal. . . Its GANON! thoe] but, since I haven't contributed to the Ganon boards that my vote shouldn't count

Sorry If I wasted your time, it was just like 3:00am and I was intrested if any of the boards finished their character's board combo video

p.s that was really funny what you said lol

:034:

Smash Hero
some guy on the internet who came across this thread :D
I don't even play Ganon, but I felt since Ganon is my dark lord that it was completely necessary to have input on what music should be played.

I don't even see why it is even a debate DEATH METAL > Epic [once again I hate Death Metal. . . Its GANON! thoe] but, since I haven't contributed to the Ganon boards that my vote shouldn't count

Sorry If I wasted your time, it was just like 3:00am and I was intrested if any of the boards finished their character's board combo video

p.s that was really funny what you said lol
Haha, don't worry, it's cool (: It's just kind of weird to see a random Diddy on our boards though

GanonkingAbyss

Smash Apprentice
this is also off topic, sorry, but can i be in the combo vid, i have a ton of replays w/some great footage(at least to me) the only problem is that i can't record anything w/good quality so i'll have to send it to someone else.

stRIP

Smash Ace
this is also off topic, sorry, but can i be in the combo vid, i have a ton of replays w/some great footage(at least to me) the only problem is that i can't record anything w/good quality so i'll have to send it to someone else.
Aslong any1 has great footage, everybody can be in the Video

I just cant record, i think Kalm is able to do it

@HomE

Smash Ace
I've said it before but just so whoever is in charge of this knows, anything in my "murder" video you can use in the Ganon boards video, its really old but there are lots of timeless KO's in there.

The Down-B spikes are all pretty sexy I would throw a couple of those in, and the spike on ZSS at the end (second to last clip) is really really ridiculous IMO, if there is anything in the video worth taking its definatly that clip. :)

I hope this video gets put together, there arent very many sick Ganon combo vids out there.

Top Bottom