• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gameube controller vs wii remote

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Be ready to see that 99.9% of people here use the Gamecube controller. I do, it's just the best.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Gamecube because its easier for me.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
You mean the Wii remote? Thats not fair what about the Numchuck Combo and the Classic controller?

The Wii remote is the only one that doesn't work.

i use the classic controller and the Numchuck they both are equally good in my opinion.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
GCN, because I didnt want to have and surgery in order to adapt to a new finger placement.

Darkurai

Smash Master
GCN of course, and kudos to whoever can kickass with the mote+numchuck or less
I once won a tournament with that thing.

Granted, it was a friendly tournament, we were all joking around and using items etc. and it didn't follow actual tournament rules, but I won with the Wii Remote.

Of course, I use the Gamecube controller normally.

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
GameCube controller. The Wii Mote feels too awkward, and it was designed to be held vertically, so it's kinda hard playing Brawl with it. Most people got a Nunchuck in the Wii package, so lots of people have the option of using Nunchuck+Wii Mote already.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Gamecube controller, Melee for 7 years made me so **** used to it, Classic is my "Just to mess around for fun" controller, I like the fact that there is a C-Stick replacement =P

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Gamecube.

You mean the Wii remote? Thats not fair what about the Numchuck Combo and the Classic controller?

The Wii remote is the only one that doesn't work.

i use the classic controller and the Numchuck they both are equally good in my opinion.
GCN of course, and kudos to whoever can kickass with the mote+numchuck or less
I acualy use the remote/numchuck because idk i just do
NUNCHUCK, WITH AN N.

Starwarrior27

Smash Apprentice
I use the Wii remote and Nunchuck. I adjusted the control scheme though, but now that I'm used to B being where R is. I'm so used to the Wii remote and Nunchuck that I tried to use the Game Cube controller, and felt like I couldn't do anything. As for the C-stick, I never used it in Melee, but I did see the advantages. If I want to use it now, I'll turn Shakesmash on.

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
The only competitor with the GCN controller is the Classic controller, which is because you don't have to go through a spring to shield on the standard control scheme, which might mean (albeit negligibly) faster play.

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
GCN=
c-stick
control stick
larger buttons
comfortable
colored
used to use for melee
you can actually feel the rumble
start button within reach
easier to taunt
easier to grab
EASIER
doesnt make annoying noises excluding rumble
i freaking love the clicking and clacking of the sticks and L/R buttons
uhh idk any more...

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
I've played with just the wiimote before, without a Nunchuck. It sucks, but is hysterically funny.

Suzume

Smash Rookie
Gamecube. I just think it's much more comfortable, and easy to use. Have the original key-bindings except "Tap jump off", and X as grab button.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I know a snake main who can only play with the wiimote. He ***** with it too. He plays a pretty high level snake and a good zss too. I really don't know how though....

edit: I use GC cuz the c-stick can still be used with out screwing up the rest of your controls like the nunchuck. The classic is pretty good, but I don't use it because its not familiar. As for the wiimote, it doesn't have a c-stick, a reliable way to run or Utilt, no grab button, etc.

LucarioFtw

Smash Rookie
I play WiiMote+Nunchuck. Never owned Melee, only played it at a friend's house, so I never got adjusted to the Gamecube controller. I use the Nunchuck Setup with D-Pad as smashes(unorthodox C-Stick, no?), but down on the D-Pad as grab(A+B grab is horrible). Tap jump on(sue me), and C on Nunchuck for shorthops. Shake smash is on but I never use it.

LosKnoggos

Smash Apprentice
Why should I play a new game with an old controller? I prefer the Nunchuk-Combination. After playing 7 years with gc its getting boring.

Top Bottom