• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamestop SSF4 Promotion

Saltix

Smash Lord
I skipped skool the other day and went to the mall. One of my friends wanted to go buy Assassin's Creed 2. On the way to gamestop, another friend, decided that he was a better fighting game player than me. I explained that I 1Up'd him in the entire smash series, TvC, MvC2, and that we went even in soul calibur and SF4.

He went on to say that he would beat me 8 out of 10 matches in SF. As we entered gamestop, there happened to be a street fighter 4 kiosk, in which I promptly challeneged my friend and won. The store manager saw this and told me about the current promotion, which is essentially a $5 dollar MM. Play them, best 2/3, if you win, they pay for your SSF4 pre-order, and if you lose, you MUST pay for your pre-order, on the spot.

I asked the manager how old he was and he replied 30. I also got to choose his character. I chose Sagat and made him be Balrog.
He whooped my ***.

Second round, my Ken vs his Sakura.
*** Whoop.

Don't fall for the trap :(

DC

Smash Cadet
Sounds illegal. Also you shouldn't mention hard fighting games on this board, they don't like that.

Saltix

Smash Lord
That's definitely not a promotion that was just some manager who made random **** up cause he saw you playing and thought you were bad. Gamestop makes most of its money through preorders.

If you want your money back, go back and ask for the manager and threaten to call the corporate office haha.
I mean, it's possible it was made up; there was a sign attached to the SSF4 TV mentioning it though. I was going to go back on a different day and revoke the pre-order anyways lol

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
;P Why not just keep the pre-order. It should be a cool game anyway.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
yeah i wish this was real.

Cause i'd go down like, all 3 gamestops in town right now and wreck the **** outta anybody in the store.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
What you gonna do when your opponent's fullscreen, spamming Tiger Shots, preventing you from proceeding?

you should've chose ken whole time

Top Bottom