• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamestop and SWF peresents: Battle Network 1 Results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
I think she'll make a fine player someday, if she keeps this up, that is. She's awfully limited by her character, though, but who knows what she's capable of?

At the very least, she'll pass you up.
I'm not underrating her. I was just trying to say I'd rather not fight her if it can be helped unless it's later in the tournament.

She'll be grateful for your comment though. Thank you.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Rewind? How?

Yeah, Diska I would just play her in tournament. You can be another goal for her :]
I know my girlfriend wants to play in the future and she already told me she wants me not hold back on her at all because she doesn't think she'll learn anything if I don't play her at all(plus she'll be taking my PR points and to most people that will be manipulating not only the bracket since I'm a tournament threat but also manipulating the PR incorrectly as well). She is definitely and smart player and she can achieve a lot just like you so just see how it plays out.

But, I'll be a bit more mindful when I make the bracket for you but I can't guarantee anything though. It's really hard to avoid that in local tournaments (and in general with loser's bracket) with low turn out but I will definitely give it some attention at the very least ok? This goes for Tesh and Bio as well because I know due to the TXPR at locals they always end up playing eachother.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Diska, I know what you're saying lol but check this. Player A is on the top side of winners bracket. Player B is on the bottom side of winners bracket. Depending on when both the players lose, they can still end up playing each other first round of losers. You can't control that part at all. It doesn't matter what side of winners each player is on.

So if you lost a round before her or made it another round in winners and then lost, you would of probably been on the other side of losers bracket.

Though I do agree not to have you guys play like on round 2 or something.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Who you play Loser bracket is more or less out of the control of the TO. But seeding BF/GF in winners or buddies who play all the time in winners can be prevented. You dont seed a bracket and just leave it. You seed and then make sure its FAIR.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I understand that. I just ask that in the future, we get seeded so that we wouldn't run into each other unless we both proceeded a good ways into the tournament, at least 4 matches or something. AKA different sides of Winner's bracket.

@ Tesh
I can beat her if I want easily, she has major issues with my Olimar, even though I help her practice that matchup all the time, she can rarely beat me when I use him. The matchup is almost impossible for Zelda and it doesn't help that I know exactly how to beat every option she has lol.
Yes but you can run into people on the other side of winners bracket in losers so no one can help seed you two apart if you are both in losers.

Edit:

Super ninja'd lol. You get the point though.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Xyro is right.

Sync is was very mean of you to give me Bio first round. After I beat him with MK, he said he might quit Brawl and pick up Melee. :/

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Last Gamestop tourney, I had to play Gnes second round even though I play him like every week. Even if I had won, I would have had to play Sync, who I also play like every week. You can't avoid playing someone you know forever...it will happen. You just have to deal with it, especially at locals. I've seen nation tournaments in which Texas players traveled out of state just to play other Texas players early on...again, most people don't care about personal relationships, they only care about accurate results from accurate seeding.

Nice TOs, such as Sync and Xyro, might try to help you out, but don't expect this kind of treatment at bigger tournaments. It's nothing personal, it's just how things work.

Just on getting better so that you'll get higher seeding so that you two don't have to play each other.

BioDG

Smash Ace
I wasn't bothered by it in the first place. Of course if otherwise given the choice, I'd like to play more people, but if that's how it goes then that's how it goes.

And I WILL learn that annoying matchup. :/

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I never asked for you to forfeit on me, and have always told you to play your best and never go 'easy' on me. Regardless of my issues with Olimar or not xD

Ah well, in any case, I hope this won't have to happen again and in the event that we have to face each other - we'll just play it through and call it good games. Rockettrainer is right... you can't avoid playing someone forever.

Thanks Trela ;o

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That's a good attitude. If you two continually challenge each other, you'll both get better faster.

Top Bottom