• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamestation UK tourney

Aiko

Smash Champion
Anthony are you going to one of these? Win a big TV for your house?

Also for the Glasgow one myself and Davemans are in the same Draw so therefore it wont be me vs him in finals... gutting really...

One of us will win though.

Hope some of you don't have the same fate...
yeah i'm going to the liverpool one, 2nd draw. I think a few people will have had brawl here cos the indy shop here sold brawl + free loaders, but i don't think they'll be on the same level as us neway.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
haha bad times .for you guys ... you will probably win it anyway that what make it so funny . the man upstairs is punishing you guys or just come to london to play in our tourney :D

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
I'm singed up for the Glasgow one, although I'm in the 11am bracket so there's a chance I could meet FoulPlay or Davesman in the final.

Ha, not bloody likely. I suck at FFAs, plus my pal who owns me constantly is going. Plus Sonic isn't playable, so I have to use Pikachu. Meh, I supposed the certificate might be worth the trip...

Edds

Smash Ace
I'm singed up for the Glasgow one, although I'm in the 11am bracket so there's a chance I could meet FoulPlay or Davesman in the final.

Ha, not bloody likely. I suck at FFAs, plus my pal who owns me constantly is going. Plus Sonic isn't playable, so I have to use Pikachu. Meh, I supposed the certificate might be worth the trip...
well pikachu is a good choice. just dont go inside carnage

Grimpeh

Smash Apprentice
When does this crappy store tournament end then? I'm hoping that Aiko or someone has won that TV for future real tournaments xD

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
One of the members of my clan got Brawl yesterday and just got back from the tournament. Didn't know which he went to, but his name is Ali(-A) and I think he used DDD.

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
worst tournament ever, items = suck, four player ffa = suck. Some dude trying to commentate on the game but not knowing anything about the game = suck

This tournament was as predictice, an assload of fail.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
Eugh, I know anything I will say beyond this point will be johns.

But the two finalists were terrible. A mediocre Ike and a subpar Link.

I lost out by 1 point in the final FFA to the aforementioned mediocre Ike.

What stings the most isn't that me and my friend lost. It was that we lost to people who were pretty crap and just lucked out with golden hammers and the like.

There was only one other guy at the tourney who was pretty awesome, played a sick pikachu.

/butthurt.

Ah well, it was fun. I hope some other smash boarders won something. =D

P.S. What was with the finals on Shadow Moses? That was kinda odd.
P.P.S. Also, what with the tournament lay out?

Round 1 - FFA (Fair enough I suppose)
Round 2 - Singles
Round 3 - FFA again!? That was super lame.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Eugh, I know anything I will say beyond this point will be johns.

But the two finalists were terrible. A mediocre Ike and a subpar Link.

I lost out by 1 point in the final FFA to the aforementioned mediocre Ike.

What stings the most isn't that me and my friend lost. It was that we lost to people who were pretty crap and just lucked out with golden hammers and the like.

There was only one other guy at the tourney who was pretty awesome, played a sick pikachu.

/butthurt.

Ah well, it was fun. I hope some other smash boarders won something. =D

P.S. What was with the finals on Shadow Moses? That was kinda odd.
P.P.S. Also, what with the tournament lay out?

Round 1 - FFA (Fair enough I suppose)
Round 2 - Singles
Round 3 - FFA again!? That was super lame.

Shadow Moses fúcked me over in the final. I'm still pissed/butthurt about it.

Round 1 - FFA
Round 2 - Singles
Round 3 - FFA
Round 4 - Finals

I lost to some stupid Ike played because he got two smash balls one after another, 2+ because of that.
I hate items.
I hate Shadow Moses.

I was up 1+ at the time, on around 20% when he got the first one... I raged inside my head...

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
Bad times man.

But it was always gonna be that way. The better players in the tourney I went to didn't make it to the final.

There was a good Olimar (my friend), a good Lucas and an awesome Pikachu.

None of them made it to the grand finals. The two who did were particularily predictable and just spammed smashes and got lucky.

Infernizzle

Smash Rookie
I won the Lewisham one. FFAs = Suck, but they did let us play on Final Destination the whole way through and with no items.

Infernizzle

Smash Rookie
And about the Shadow Moses thing, I thought that was only in our branch! They said that people in store said it was their favourite level so they used it in the finals.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
If they told me that there would be no items/ smash balls, then I wouldn't have picked Zelda and gone Fox or Olly. They should at least stick to the rules.

No johns, w/e

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
And about the Shadow Moses thing, I thought that was only in our branch! They said that people in store said it was their favourite level so they used it in the finals.
Favorite level?
Anyone that likes it is an idiot to be honest.
You have to break barriers that respawn to kill people from left to right or just upsmash constantly, even then its a long way up if your at the bottom.

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
Congrats Prince for winning Lewisham! ^_^ Was cool having someone to talk to.

Um, I went out same stage as Charles, the last FFA before the final. Pretty sure I would have beaten any of them 1v1. Time and FFA sucks.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Who won the lewisham one?

Also, worst part of the tourney was not getting a kiss from the nice nintendo rep lady. The same one that gives you a certificate that says "failure"

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Who won the lewisham one?

Also, worst part of the tourney was not getting a kiss from the nice nintendo rep lady. The same one that gives you a certificate that says "failure"
lol we had some gay guy as the announcer at ours who wouldn't shut the hell up and made people cheer during matches etc and always commented on when people killed other people, got a smash ball, told your opponents when you were on high precentage... it was just awful.

Infernizzle

Smash Rookie
Hey Bronze (it's Prince), your Lucas was sick! Not sure if you heard me but I was cheering you on. It was good meeting you man.

Infernizzle

Smash Rookie
Yeah he was decent. He played Link and should have used his projectiles. The finals should have been Charles and Daniel (Bronze) though, I really wanted Bronze to make it through, he deserved it more than any of the other guys in his draw.

COEY

Smash Lord
Just got back from the Leeds one, decided against the liverpool one (for no reason...) though i heard ant had an awful time with kirby. Cool thing tho there were 4 brothers from bradford who were all pretty decent, had to play 3 of them at once in the ffa before the final, that was fun...... Fair play they didnt cheat though nice guys. There on xleague but told them about swf and told them how to get to the europe bit. Had to put golfie out too that was kinda lame. And omg our anouncer must have used the same jokes every quarter of an hour, not to mention i arrived before it started and ddint play till last ffa of draw 2 :/ Topping it off was some legend who got train with me and golfie on the way home who decided he knew so much about smash that he would let me and ste know how wrong we were about everything and how to play the game.

Funny thing was i had fun, it was a free tourney so good on nintendo for playing it there way and giving out such fantastic prizes. Lets be fair it was a game promo event not a serious sponsored tourney.

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
I lost in the first round, by one point...to a Donkey Kong >_< I was doing quite well and winning (by my count) and then DK got the Final Smash, and even though I dodged it successfully, the other two characters beside me took the full force, and so DK went from 1 point behind to 1 point in front.

Having said that, every single match I saw was Ike, Link, Fox and Shiek, so I'm actually quite relieved that I lost to an underused character rather than an overused one. Everyone booed whenever Ike won, it was great :)

Agreed with FoulPlay, I just wanted to take that announcer's bow tie and strangle him with it. And I want to know how the **** we had to deal with items while Lewisham went without. If Smash Balls had been off I could have gone a lot further.

Oh well, there's always the SSB4 tourney to look forward to. I needs a bigger TV.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
I lost in the first round, by one point...to a Donkey Kong >_< I was doing quite well and winning (by my count) and then DK got the Final Smash, and even though I dodged it successfully, the other two characters beside me took the full force, and so DK went from 1 point behind to 1 point in front.

Having said that, every single match I saw was Ike, Link, Fox and Shiek, so I'm actually quite relieved that I lost to an underused character rather than an overused one. Everyone booed whenever Ike won, it was great :)

Agreed with FoulPlay, I just wanted to take that announcer's bow tie and strangle him with it. And I want to know how the **** we had to deal with items while Lewisham went without. If Smash Balls had been off I could have gone a lot further.

Oh well, there's always the SSB4 tourney to look forward to. I needs a bigger TV.
I never seen you there, well, I didn't know what you looked like or who you were playing but I could have guessed by Smith or something. lol.

The announcer was annoying, Smash Balls were the worst things ever in the FFA's and in finals it ****ed me over.

However the announcer should have shut up throughout the entire thing who the hell wants to hear "WHO WANTS PIKAMOUSE TO WIN!?" "IT'S PIKACHU... WHY DID NINTENDO HIRE YOU?!?!" etc etc... I wanted to tell him to shut up, the Fox I played in my Singles round however told him no one cares who wins or whatever if they aren't through, basically telling him to shut up.

GG Announcer, now get out.

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
I played as Goggles Pikachu, and I was in Draw 1, played the 5th game I think. I played a few matches before the tourney got properly underway, and I won all my matches, it was just DK's Final Smash that screwed me over in the actual tournament.

BarakuDragon

Smash Cadet
oh congrats infernizzle on winning the tv, what was the final stage they chose for that tourneymant. I didn't even get past my round, i lost quite bad, but I was shiek, that's my fault xD lol. Oh well next time theres a serious tourney, it's snake time =p or sonic, lol.

Top Bottom