• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamestation UK tourney

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
I would play Lucas to get easy kills but I'm not confident in them.
The free for all is all about luck really, imagine you did a huge as$ combo to one player and were about to kill him to get forward smashed (both of you get forward smashed) by an Ike from behind, 2+ for Ike -1 for you and the scrub.

Brilliant, ahe? Not looking forward to the free for all. Looking forward to the 1v1's though.

In the free for all I'm just planning on downsmashing the **** out of people and forward smashing/down b for the kill. I wish Ness was available over Lucas, I prefer Ness. :(

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Agreed with Charles and Koops
I'm going to this with Davemans and hes not even entering, if he wasn't going too I'd seriously think of flaking, the banter is going to be terrible and all these scrubs will either think they're good, we're cheating, being cheap or just john constantly about anything.

Worth it for the TV anyway.

BarakuDragon

Smash Cadet
It's mostlikely people who are just gona give it a shot for the first time, i doubt theres gonna be alot of pro's there playing it. I want the tv so bad, but I wanted to see if anyone from smashboards is going, doubt i'll win but i'll prob get far somewhat =p. But i'm not gonna hold my breath on seing anyone decent there, lol.

Edds

Smash Ace
so far its gonna be Ike vs. Ike vs. Ike vs. Ike at these tourneys. yeah hes easy to play but god****

BarakuDragon

Smash Cadet
lol i don't mind attending close by places for brawl tourneys i know you guys live near croydon area, well fuzzyness does =p lol. Depending on how far tournements are i'm donw for it, but giv me a month first, I decided to wait like all the other lost souls for brawl to come out so I got a bit of catching up to do. I'm gonna be working hard on getting up to par on my 3 mains *shiek, sonic, snake* then i'll be ready for some tourneys.

@Edds I agree, the 4 on 4's are most likely gonna be all ike's, I was just talking to my friend about that to cause he just got into the lewisham one as well, lol. I'ma be shiek the whole time, it should be fine, i'm not just gonna be a ike boy for 4 on 4's shiekd should be alright, lol.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
you wont get up to par until you play the best, im sure you have no clue of the actual level of play in the UK, i was gonna go shiek but i changed my mind after testing how **** it was

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I doubt Sheik would be very good at taking kills, it usually takes her longer than most and you're gonna be swarmed by FSmashing Ikes/USmashing Lucas/DSmash or Thunder kill stealing Pikachus.

Also I played Sheik a bit today and her tilt **** is pretty gay but most get out of it lool. If only it had a bit more hitstun.

BarakuDragon

Smash Cadet
you wont get up to par until you play the best, im sure you have no clue of the actual level of play in the UK, i was gonna go shiek but i changed my mind after testing how **** it was
She wouldn't be my main, snake would, then sonic then her. I just like shiek cause I played shiek in melee and I tried out brawl and she's alright, no doubt she's most bloody likely not as good as she use to be in melee but i think practice makes perfect =p. Plus it's only for the tournement, i'm not just gonna be an ike fan boy when i don't know how to use him, I know how to use shiek so i'll play as her plus i'll only have a day to train not near enough time to learn a new char from the char selection given especialy since i don't like none of them shown there, lol.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
It's plenty of time to learn Snake.

lol

Shame you have to unlock him though.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
well duh i would've used snake if he was allowed, anyway i mean shiek wont get you far in this gamestation tourney probably. and you have no clue of the level of UK competitive smash skill because i believe you haven't attended anything ^_^ this gamestation tourney means nothing but winning a t.v

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Snake isn't even a hard character to learn. Tilts and boost smash can win matches, with the occasional explosive.

Fox *is* the best at stealing kills btw.

Edds

Smash Ace
nope he isint. i actually stopped using him cause he felt kinda unbalanced so i picked a char i was alright with (lucario) and used him at tki and got my *** kicked lol.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Fox's laser = steal. Usmash = free (and fast) KO at around 100.

No point in not playing a character because you feel they're imbalanced. If anything, you should be picking them up.

Melee shiek ftl.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Christ this is horrible now.
Just pick someone and see how you do.

Personally I'll play Pikachu because I'm comfortable with him over the others, I'd love to play Marth instead of him but Gamestation are gay and wont let us play him or Snake or any other unlockable. >_<

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
You're kinda late DangerousDave... I doubt there will be any spaces left in ANY store especially not with the chance of winning a TV like that...

Anyway, The Gamestation website is down for maintence, probably because of the www. error they had earlier in the week. Stupid bloody Webmasters... a monkey could doa better job, all it takes is three clicks to fix that! >_<

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully there won't be as many Ike vs Ike as we think. We only think that because we know about the game, random dudes will probably just pick their favourite character, or someone they know from melee.

grayfox

Smash Champion
the spaces are long filled yeah, it closed on the 21st. I'm in draw 1 of the Dundee branch and loving it. I'll be going Wario and farting in a big crowd in the FFAs lol, smashes all round as well tbh.

I think you guys are forgetting most if not all of these people will not have even played the game before, i think the only thing any of us have to worry abotu is another tourney attending player at the event or an INCREDIBLY lucky guy.

Mr P

Smash Ace
the spaces are long filled yeah, it closed on the 21st. I'm in draw 1 of the Dundee branch and loving it. I'll be going Wario and farting in a big crowd in the FFAs lol, smashes all round as well tbh.

I think you guys are forgetting most if not all of these people will not have even played the game before, i think the only thing any of us have to worry abotu is another tourney attending player at the event or an INCREDIBLY lucky guy.
Yeah most of these guys will still be figuring out the buttons during the FFA, still though it is a FFA and if it's only one timed game with items then you're still gonna need to play quite well to make sure you win, you need to get KO's and a lot of them are liable to go quite randomly, just hope the scrubs make it easier by suiciding and stuff.

I would pretty much have had that tv for dundee son but i'm going away

Aiko

Smash Champion

I wouldn't reccomend wario in FFA's. he just doesnt do that well. Fart only comes every 110 seconds, and the only thing going for him is good recovery and good final smash (provided you can control him). Coming from the UK's foremost wario, I wouldn't reccomend him.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Anthony are you going to one of these? Win a big TV for your house?

Also for the Glasgow one myself and Davemans are in the same Draw so therefore it wont be me vs him in finals... gutting really...

One of us will win though.

Hope some of you don't have the same fate...

Davemans

Smash Apprentice
Anthony are you going to one of these? Win a big TV for your house?

Also for the Glasgow one myself and Davemans are in the same Draw so therefore it wont be me vs him in finals... gutting really...

One of us will win though.

Hope some of you don't have the same fate...
good times. no doubt we`ll both get put in the same ffa first round

grayfox

Smash Champion
Thanks for the tip Aiko but i'm just looking to be solid in the 1vs1s really, but i'll certainly take it on board. Perhaps a bit of Ike lool, hes as close to Roy as i can dream really.

Top Bottom