• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Games you're embarrassed to say you like.

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon for me...
I love Fire Emblem, before fire emblem I didn't play any RPGs. Its sort of turn based strategy RPG so its not like pokomon or other RPGs... i think. I just recently got into pokemon but almost everyone hates it (and havnt played it).

Miharu

Smash Hero
if you like the song pop from n'sync you need to seriously re-evaluate your life. I would make fun of someone for liking this song, a lot. Its different with videogames. Why would someone be embarrased to like a videogame? You need higher self esteem if you will feel bad about your freinds making fun of you for liking a videogame. Seriously. Besides, if you like it, who really cares what others think?
Doesn't this concept apply to the N'sync song? Just replace "videogame" with "song."

Gaddswell

Smash Cadet
Maple Story.

Of course I quit it now because level grinding took way too long. But back then, I did like it.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
if you like the song pop from n'sync you need to seriously re-evaluate your life. I would make fun of someone for liking this song, a lot. Its different with videogames. Why would someone be embarrased to like a videogame? You need higher self esteem if you will feel bad about your freinds making fun of you for liking a videogame. Seriously. Besides, if you like it, who really cares what others think?
Have you really never liked something for how bad it is? Something that (intentional or not) is so bad it makes it good?

I think it's perfectly normal to care about what others think. That's where insecurities spring from.

I'm not going to take too much offense from your rib of "Pop" though.

komickid

Smash Apprentice
not totally embarrased about games i have but i guess i would say cooking mama.

Zeromus Prime

Smash Rookie
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest

I stuck by this game over the main series.. I like my 'Fantasy' RPGs to be Fantasy, not some weird cross-breed between fantasy and scifi. Plus, enemies defeated simply disintegrated, and I thought that was the coolest effect in the world. But then, I was like 6 or something.

*edit*
I suppose a more current reference would be Nintendogs. What can I say, I like Dachshunds.

TerranMasse

Smash Cadet
definitely pokemon snap, blinx the time sweeper, power rangers the movie video game for sega genesis, awesome possum, the Yogi Bear game for SNES, Yoshi's Cookies for SNES........the list goes on

luckycharmstrixme12

Smash Apprentice
Oh my gosh. This thread was made for me.
1. Harvest Moon:MM
2. Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom
3. Sims 2
4. Pokemon (It's for kids at my school who think hair is tasty or they try to punch someone and the puncher gets hurt instead of them)
5. DBZ I went and bought the 3rd one recently I was very upset with my self. It is extremely cheeesy.
6.Banjo Kazooie Series (Crouching Bear, Hidden Bird )
and the following is the worst of all. This was at the age of 5 when I didnt know any better
7. Barbie Digital Makeover. I didnt like giving makeovers to barbies, I was mesmerized by the fact that you could mix different makeups and make a whole new color.

brittmarie2789

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't say I am embarrassed by people knowing I play any games, but I hate playing any of the Eye Toy games with other people because you look ********. Also, playing drums on Rockband because I am so spastic.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Does Call of Duty 4 count???? Wait nvm it's on the DS

Ace combat zero :laugh:

My school is full of Xbox 360 people. Feburayry school News paper had 2 articles on the Xbox 360 D: and 1article with a pic of T.P saying it was a Horrible game and mental Imprisonment that required no skill and only the smashing of a button..... I was like ,well you figure it out :laugh:

okay 1 article on the RRoD
1 Article on Live

I mean my school is full of Xbox 360 people.....

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
probably Pheonix Wright wouldn't be too embarrassing, but the fact I've become so obsessed with it is kinda embarrassing. Also, Brawl is really made for young children, no matter how much hardcore gamers break it.

fishman3114

Smash Cadet
Does Call of Duty 4 count???? Wait nvm it's on the DS

Ace combat zero :laugh:

My school is full of Xbox 360 people. Feburayry school News paper had 2 articles on the Xbox 360 D: and 1article with a pic of T.P saying it was a Horrible game and mental Imprisonment that required no skill and only the smashing of a button..... I was like ,well you figure it out :laugh:

okay 1 article on the RRoD
1 Article on Live

I mean my school is full of Xbox 360 people.....

HOW DARE YOU, ace combat rocks, the only thing I don't like about Zero is it's only for the 360.

Maldazzar

Smash Cadet
Eh, the fact that I've thought about playing another Pokemon game might be embarassing. They were pretty fun though back in the days of Red/Blue, Gold/Silver versions.

Top Bottom