• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamerzlivelounge Tournament - Sterling Heights, MI- 7/05/08 - SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhanSphere

Smash Cadet
We're back for our third iteration of the Gamerzlivelounge tournaments. Although we debated with having a team doubles tournament, me and Kyle have decided with the advice of some of the tournament-goers and forum members that this is not the right week for it. We're currently thinking about either having both tournaments at the next date, or just going with one.

This has the same rules, but we've yet to change the date:I don't have the original photoshop file so I'll just edit it later.

By the way, I apologize immensely for the short notice, but I won't be able to hold the practice session July 1st(Tuesday). I'm sorry if this screws up some of your plans but I will be working tomorrow for a lot longer than I though and holding the practice at my house will be too difficult without me there :dizzy:. I'd really like to meet up with you guys for some smash though, perhaps when I can be a bit more sure about my schedule. I'll be free most days from July 7th to July 17th, perhaps we can have it around then?

Brutos

Smash Apprentice
My friend and I were looking foward to the practice session. Oh well, we can meet in the tourney.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
I should be there this week

I would be down for a practice session too, let me know about that.

RoboticSithDrone

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably be there, along with the four I brought along last time.

EDIT: As a curiosity, how many people showed up for the second one?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I just realized that this is the only tournament around my house this weekend, and I'm at home right now. I might go.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Really? Then I'm going just so I can lose to Panda.

RoboticSithDrone

Smash Apprentice
It might make more sense to post a top 8 instead of a top 3, so GLL can get their results entered into the Character Rankings List topic.

KhanSphere

Smash Cadet
It's Shelby. I just keep copy-pasting the titles so I never changed it.

It says above the flyer that it's singles this week. I'm thinking maybe having both run at the same time at the next tournament, and you can join both or either seperately. Moar feedback!

It's very important that people try to bring their own controllers this week, as Kyle won't be able to make it so half of my usual stock of semi-usable controllers is missing.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
hey im OMW have to run a quick errand then ill be there if u can sign me up for singles if i dont make it for my matches just DQ me

if you would od that it would be appreciated THANKS!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
That was the ****tiest tournament I've ever gone to. The TVs were laggy, enough that I couldn't time my nades/C4 anymore, and powershielding (which I rely on alot) was impossible. I gave you the benefit of the doubt about the TVs when you said they had no lag before. That was my mistake. But whatever, no johns, I tried to play although I suck absolute *** when there is lag.

And then you tell me in the middle of my match that you banned the "mortar slide." What the **** is wrong with you? You are an idiot. Simple as that. Its not a glitch, its part of the game. Every character can do it. Why didn't you ban glide tossing? Or what about running upsmashes? Next time, you need to tell people in the tournament thread when you make scrub rules like that, so they can decide not to come, because supporting idiocy is idiocy in and of itself. Telling someone in the middle of a tournament match that their preferred method of approach (because they can't powershield anymore) is banned was possibly one of the dumbest moves a TO can ever do. And the venue, which provides these laggy *** TVs, takes half the pot? Wow. One of the dumbest tournaments I've ever attended.

Btw, Joel and Tony, I hope you guys did well. You were owning people left and right, so I'm sure its not much of a problem ^_^

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Panda im sorry for you man.

If i was told I couldnt glide toss, well my game probably would have went down the pooper too....

KhanSphere

Smash Cadet
1 Joel Smart : $91.00
2 Dustin Stankich : $26.00
3 Tony Cheng : $13.00
4 Brad Perks
5 Chris Lakatos
5 Brutos
7 Mark Buckner
7 Garrett Perks
9 Neal Nguyen
9 Aaron Taylor
9 John Collins
9 Jonathan Loo
13 Dalton Hall
13 Andrew Bunney
13 Ian Bailey
13 James Cavataio
17 Dan Ash
17 Dave Mankiewicz
17 David Luman
17 Samurai Panda
17 Chris Luman
17 Steven Zane
17 Daniel Loo
17 Spencer Harrison
25 Keith Zame
25 Brandon Perks

We had a great tournament this week with 26 people total. Despite the problems one player had, everyone was civil and we had no issues with anyone else. We really want to have a doubles tournament but avoid touching the singles tournament, as its becoming better and better with some great competition(although seriously, two G&Ws in the final round?!). After discussing the tournament at the end of the day it was decided that we'll be holding both a doubles and a singles tournament on July 19th, with an entry fee of 10 dollars per person into singles and 20 dollars per team in doubles. You can join either or both. Unless we get a huge amount of negative feedback about having both tournaments(since there's a chance that we'll just get crappy tournouts if we split people up), we're planning on keeping doubles.

We'll have the thread out for the next tournament soon. I'll need some people to bring some wiis if we end up having both tournaments, because we'll have more TVs running at once.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
**** yeah, posting detailed results just 'cuz I was here, lol.

1 Joel Smart/Needle of Juntah -- Lost to random Wiimotes ****in' with his controller (G&W) : $91.00
2 Dustin Stankich/JKBuk -- Lost to NoJ (G&W) : $26.00
3 Tony Cheng/sight/LOVE!/Ankoku -- Lost to NoJ and Dustin (Marth/Sheik) : $13.00
4 Brad Perks/Kip -- Lost to Garett and Ankoku (Pikachu)
5 Chris Lakatos/RoboticSithDrone -- Lost to Dustin and Brad (Olimar)
5 Brutos -- Lost to RoboticSithDrone and Ankoku (ROB)
7 Mark Buckner/BrawlBro -- Lost of NoJ and Brad (Diddy)
7 Garrett Perks/Smash -- Lost to Dustin and Carl (Mario)
9 Neal Nguyen (Fox/Meta Knight)
9 Aaron Taylor/Khan (Ike)
9 John Collins
9 Jonathan Loo (Fox)
13 Dalton Hall
13 Andrew Bunney
13 Ian Bailey
13 James Cavataio
17 Dan Ash
17 Dave Mankiewicz
17 David Luman
17 Samurai Panda -- Lost to Mark and getting boost usmash and DAC usmash banned halfway through his set (Kirby/Snake)
17 Chris Luman
17 Steven Zane
17 Daniel Loo
17 Spencer Harrison
25 Keith Zame
25 Brandon Perks

I am living proof that a bad player can place in a tournament in Michigan lololol

Maybe I'll do shoutouts later. But vids will def. be up by tomorrow yahyuzzz.

RoboticSithDrone

Smash Apprentice
Banning DAC + boost smash makes me sad. Seriously, my main eats that for breakfast, it's not hard to get through :O

GGs to all, though. If DAC is banned next time, I'm probably not going, though :(

dingding

Smash Ace
WOW ROFLAMO PANDA..he banned mortar slide.. what a scrub tourney...

nice ankoku on getting 3rd.. where is thing i think i wanna go to the next 1..but anyways i was ROFLAMOING SO HARD when he said he banned mortar slide.. is the host like a kid or something..

Vayseth

Smash Master
Panda, you should have asked for a refund and complained to the management. Banning you mid-match for something that wasn't banned before you put in your money is AMPLE reason to demand your money back. I hope you got it.

Not allowing motarslide but ALLOWING glide tosses and etc is frankly BS, especially if it was only the T.O. who had a problem with it. Usual rule of thumb is to take a vote and if a majority of people disapprove of a tactic, it can be banned. Doing something like this in the middle of a match is totally not cool. At least wait until after the match and bring it to the attention of everyone present.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
He wasn't DQ'd, but Panda was definitely playing significantly worse trying hard not to do any mortar slides or DACs. It's like banning shorthopping or wavedashing, you'll play that much worse just trying to NOT do it on reflex.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I guess the point is, the TO isn't going to learn, and we all knew stuff like this was going to happen anyway. The Pika player was probably one of the TO's friends too. Even tho I heard the Pika player didn't mind the DACs anyway.

So, conclusion: don't go to anymore tournaments here. Laggy TVs, 50% of the pot gone, and an unreasonable TO? Who wants to deal with any of that?

Khan, I know you won't listen to Joel, but at least try to listen to some reasoning out there. You can't just ban stuff mid-match like that.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
yeah that was a pretty sad tourney BUT was still fun
i dont understand where all those people are during the bi weeklies.
but oh well, ill come back in august or september or whatever as long as Bair isnt banned

SMASH-N

Smash Rookie
50% of the pot? I was considering it until I seen that. Any of you Michiganders coming to the Toledo Gaming Center Singles & Doubles Tournament?

KhanSphere

Smash Cadet
The pika was not my friend. His brother(I think) has been to a few but he was a new player.

I suggest reading the flyer to know that judge's discretion was an implemented rule. I didn't disqualify, restart, or actually do anything to him except tell him to stop. This issue actually came up at the last tournament and that person had no problems with it(he got second place). Some people, however, rely on a single trick to win and if that trick is disallowed they can't help but whine.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
>_>

Hey Khan, does this judge's discretion thingy mean that if I ran a tournament, I could, say, ban Ike? I mean, nobody should really have a problem with it because Ike is a bad character. Some people, however, rely on a single character to win.

Sliq

Smash Master
Khansphere is a stupid faggot. End topic.

Seriously, banning mortar sliding, what a dumb cunt. Kill yourself you scrubby cock sucker.

This rage has been brought to you in part by fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom