• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamers' World Presents: Fight for your Friends Tournament – Montreal, QC – Aug 23, 08

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Everyone needs to bring more setups!!!

Funny how in melee tournaments, setups were fine all the time, and now in Blawl tournaments, no one brings any..

WarranThad

Smash Ace
if joel ends up dying i'll team with you if you'd like
but i don' think that'll happen.
unless...

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
I'm the best partner ;D!

Edit: Question. During the tournament and matches, will there be open stations? I'm bound to be eliminated in the first few rounds so... yeah :B

Rion Prower

Smash Cadet
! D'uh, I'm so dumb! I forgot to say singles or doubles and my name!

Handle: RION
Name: Brendan Cheong
Singles

Sorry about that!

ThatGuy

Smash Master
NO! Once you lose you must vacate the premises immediately, or the authorities will have to be summoned.

In case sarcasm isn't the first thing that comes to mind, we will have TV's available as they become available. We want this tournament to run as fast and as smooth as possible so you have to understand that tournament matches will take top priority. If your friendly or whatever is in the way of a tournament match you must cease your activities immediately.

EDIT: WE NEED MORE WIIS! Please people, they are not very big and they are easy to bring, if we could have more Wiis than TV's things would work out. The worst thing to see is a TV not in use because of a lack of Wiis.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Confirm me of coz. And hum, I have a small TV (19inch) that I could just drop off at clets hoping that mr.Runawayfiya along with his crew are able to bring it over, since they have a car :D. (If they don't mind lol). Also, I too am in need of someone to mate with.
It's that season.

edit: Also, pools wise, any indication on how big they might get and just how many players will be able to move on? Or are such details usually decided on the spot :O?

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Confirm me of coz. And hum, I have a small TV (19inch) that I could just drop off at clets hoping that mr.Runawayfiya along with his crew are able to bring it over, since they have a car :D. (If they don't mind lol). Also, I too am in need of someone to mate with.
It's that season.

edit: Also, pools wise, any indication on how big they might get and just how many players will be able to move on? Or are such details usually decided on the spot :O?
I thought you were teaming with were-wolf?

I would've teamed with ya but I'll probably be there only like at 1h30-2pm to watch the team finals.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
I might not make it before about 1h pm. If anything goes bad then 2h pm. I do hope I'll get there for the doubles *sigh* Sorry for that, I have transportation problems.

Jer

Smash Ace
Alrighty, i'll see you sluts tomorrow <3

I expect a big hug from you bento if you remember me (I might've been Jer or Ultimateplaya on that smashworld irc channel a while ago)

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Someone please get Agony to the tourny, or I'm out of a team partner :p

And I reiterate; why not metrobus your way there?

swordgard

Smash Hero
Agony, metrobus there and we can meet at like angrignon so we can go there together so we dont get lost >.>

Edit; Hype, Hyyppe.......HYYYYYYYYYPPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!(snake reference!)

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
soo... my coworker recommended eating at Rueben's Deli and Schwartz. Is that close by? lol

my wario is hungry =]
rueben's is a block away from my place, and schwartz is not that far too. we can go there on sunday
your wario can eat, but we don't expect any farting :)

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
If I'm VERY lucky I'll be able to make it back to montreal today, if I'm not I'll only be in montreal by 12pm tomorrow and I'll have to go back home then go to the tourney that's why I said I'd be there by 1h pm-2h pm.

I missed my bus this morning so, now I'll try to take the last one tonight.

Really sorry agora for this. I'm trying my best.

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
Reuben's is amazing :3 Pretty pricy for sandwhiches.

I suggest the Del Monte Sandwhich (something like that name). Really good!

It's a block from Paramount, same street, keep going towards HMV, I think. I'm really close by too.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
If I'm VERY lucky I'll be able to make it back to montreal today, if I'm not I'll only be in montreal by 12pm tomorrow and I'll have to go back home then go to the tourney that's why I said I'd be there by 1h pm-2h pm.

I missed my bus this morning so, now I'll try to take the last one tonight.

Really sorry agora for this. I'm trying my best.
So, should I get up early or take my time and get to the place for Singles only?
If you wanna cancel our Double, let me know, Agony. I don't mind that much.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
So, should I get up early or take my time and get to the place for Singles only?
If you wanna cancel our Double, let me know, Agony. I don't mind that much.

I'll confirm tonight at 8h30 or 11h30

But by now I'd say the % of chances I get to montreal tonight is 85% and 15% for me getting in montreal tomorrow.

Don't let down just yet, I really wanna do this.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Alrighty, i'll see you sluts tomorrow <3

I expect a big hug from you bento if you remember me (I might've been Jer or Ultimateplaya on that smashworld irc channel a while ago)
oh sh lol~ <3 haihai

sorry for deserting irc :[ sold my wii a while ago lol.

I thought you were teaming with were-wolf?

I would've teamed with ya but I'll probably be there only like at 1h30-2pm to watch the team finals.
He's not coming :[

Top Bottom