• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamers' World Presents: Fight for your Friends Tournament – Montreal, QC – Aug 23, 08

swordgard

Smash Hero
I'd like to emphasize the need for extension chords and power bars because our setup will need lots of em; we're expecting something between 12-24 systems so we'll be needing 12 chords and bars... Keep the goods coming those of you who can. let me know so I can add you to the list of equipment!!
Im probably bringing 2 power cords to help too. If anyone can give me a lift from a metro station i wouldnt have to do 2 hours of metro/train, id be glad

EDIT: Sign him up under the name cloud (yes another ff fan.)

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
So currently I've got two options for making it to mtl on time for this.

1) Spend an extra 80 bucks to leave on the 22nd via bus, instead of the 24th via cousin's car.
2) Convince my cousin to leave 2 days earlier (very selfish option).

So it's looking pretty grim... I'm not giving up just yet though. If I don't make it for the tournament though, i'll definitely be attending the first weekly I can.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Stupid job scheduled me this saturday (and wednesday for our weeklies).

They better find a way to get me off or there will be hell to pay.

swordgard

Smash Hero
May be stuck without a partner :(

I really hope you find a way, btw confirm me 100%

Edit:I really hope kirt does show up lol, btw people my friend is a total noob. I guess il tell him not to MM you guys >.>

zaf

Smash Lord
So currently I've got two options for making it to mtl on time for this.

1) Spend an extra 80 bucks to leave on the 22nd via bus, instead of the 24th via cousin's car.
2) Convince my cousin to leave 2 days earlier (very selfish option).

So it's looking pretty grim... I'm not giving up just yet though. If I don't make it for the tournament though, i'll definitely be attending the first weekly I can.
Remind your cousin of the prize the winners could possibly earn, chances are you could win.
Get your cousin to participate.

Other then that if you really want to be here for it, bus it down.

Stupid job scheduled me this saturday (and wednesday for our weeklies).

They better find a way to get me off or there will be hell to pay.
Sick days my friend, get used to em !!!!

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
I talked to my general director and he gave me the two days i needed off, but now im stuck with but a measly 14.5 hours this week. Oh well, better make up for it in money matches.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I talked to my general director and he gave me the two days i needed off, but now im stuck with but a measly 14.5 hours this week. Oh well, better make up for it in money matches.
5 bucks MM
zaf 10 bucks MM with the 10 $ you already owe me.
5$ MM anyone?

kr3wman

Smash Master
I can't come. That day is the goodbye party for my grandmother. She returns to South America like the 24th or someting, I don't know. And I was training like 10 hours a day too...

T_T

swordgard

Smash Hero
20$ MM swordgard à melee :)
Omg, im rusty at melee wak, i dont know about you. Hmm il think about it, but i wanna play some melee friendly before ok? Im too used to brawl and its weird physics/
This was long ago due for now lmao, i guess wel finally face off in melee

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah it's been like 3 years or more since we want to face eachother.

I would just really want to come, I just need a lift from somebody coming from Ontario :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

swordgard

Smash Hero
Im not even sure id do a 20 bucks one, i usually limit myself to 10n each

Edit:sorry browser problem reloaded a posting tab, woot monday back in mtl

WarranThad

Smash Ace
i can't wait to bust out my yoshi for this event

it 3 stocked kage's marth.

edit: needs more wii
needs more tv

swordgard

Smash Hero
I won't start MM at 40$ lol I'll probably start from 5-10, 15-20 and so on hehe.
Overconfident ally? I know ive played afew good snakes, and my Ics have no problem with em. Tilting out of shield doesnt work if you get cged all day >.>
5 bucks MM ally/

Edit: IF a tripless wii is available, is it allowed if both party agree on it(doesnt affect tilt inducing attack such as dtilt of meta or banana.)

REDIT:Im probably bringing some vcr equip too

zaf

Smash Lord
Overconfident ally? I know ive played afew good snakes, and my Ics have no problem with em. Tilting out of shield doesnt work if you get cged all day >.>
5 bucks MM ally/

Edit: IF a tripless wii is available, is it allowed if both party agree on it(doesnt affect tilt inducing attack such as dtilt of meta or banana.)
everybody will want to use that wii.
Everyone hates tripping.
But every game cant be played on one wii, not enough time.
So its not fair to allow some people to use that wii and others cant due to lack of time.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I hereby announce i will be running a Speedhacking service for the wii at the tournament for a small fee(max 5 bucks). I will bring sd and zelda, il hack wii for you.

zaf

Smash Lord
I hereby announce i will be running a Speedhacking service for the wii at the tournament for a small fee(max 5 bucks). I will bring sd and zelda, il hack wii for you.
Ill actually be having him hack my wii, only because this new hack allows your wii to play dvds.

win? i think so

swordgard

Smash Hero
Ill actually be having him hack my wii, only because this new hack allows your wii to play dvds.

win? i think so
So basically I will be hacking wiis for 5 bucks each, though I do not want to be held responsible for any wiu brick(though I have yet to hear about any, except if you use the region changer, which doesn't brick but semi brick sometimes, which means its easily fixed.) Since kurt is taking a day off from his work, the money will go to pay his entry fee i guess, and the rest will go in my pockets probably to do more MM lmao.
Currently writing from an iPod touch, so bear with me for any mistakes.

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
swordgard: O: Can I ask you to mod my wii in a few years? My mother got a warranty on mine for a year or two, so I want that **** to run out before I do anything to it.

What exactly do you do? Like how does it work?

Top Bottom