• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamers' World Presents: Fight for your Friends Tournament – Montreal, QC – Aug 23, 08

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
I mean teaming with Matt the Beast along with me, the warrior!

Team name: Overkill V.Beast Mode
sorry kage, still getting to know everybody so I'm not sure who Matt the Beast is (other than the Matt on my team :laugh:)... What's his username?

And for everybody else in the future, give me usernames b4 their names (put real names in brackets, because I do want to know everybody's names!)... Joel has already filled me in on all of you whose name he knows so all you people who know Joel, don't worry about it :)

WarranThad

Smash Ace
Mean Matt doesn't have a smashboards account but he'll show, don't worry.

no i didndt sleep.

edit: and he uses Matt as a tag too.
edit2: also joel knows him well so guess he didnt talk about everyone =D

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
edit2: also joel knows him well so guess he didnt talk about everyone =D
Well he filled me in on everybody I listed to him the moment this thread was posted; it would've taken quite some time for him to talk to me about every single person he knows, don't you think? So whoever appears from here on out, I probably won't be familiar with

And will Matt be participating in Singles as well (I'm guessing he is but I like to make sure :-)

swordgard

Smash Hero
I for one hope its by gamers world for convenience, but itl do at the college too.

**is so hyped**

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Put me down for singles while I look for a doubles partner. Ill also need help with transportation and housing, thanks. I use the tag Fox, but put Flash7 if it makes things easier.

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
r X, in the advertisement thread you said something about your friends coming out to this tournament to play; would you like to register them for the tournament? If so you could do it yourself by giving me a list of nicknames/usernames or you can tell them to register on smashboards (if they aren't already) and register themselves!! The more, the better!!!

zaf

Smash Lord
I think you missed my post sf333,

i am teaming with fiL, team name is MTL1337

i can bring 2 tvs and 1 wii w/ brawl

filauc

Smash Journeyman
How much time does it take if I take the 221 or 211 to the campus?

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
I'm not entirely sure, seeing as I've never done it, but I'd say definitely over a good half hour, maybe 45 minutes... But maybe someone who's done it can answer that better; I'm just guessing...

WarranThad

Smash Ace
the 211 and 221 would be the last stop. The 211 takes anywhere between 50mins and 80mins from lionel groux-mcdonald campus depending on traffic (if you leave in the morning it should be closer to 50).

221 i think is faster but idk.

as far as getting to my house, you take the 211 to St. Charles and whatever the street it stays on is (lakeshore?), get off about 15-25 mins thru the ride, walk to your left to a 201 bus stop on the right side of the road (going North) and there you'd eventually get off at Gouin and Jacques bizard which is about another 25 mins from there.

i'll give more precise directions if anyone eneds.

and yes, last stop.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I agree with filauc, isnt this kinda early for people who gotta travel a long way?, like maybe let registration for singles up until 30 minutes before singles actually start/

Fogel

Smash Lord
If I'm able to make it I'm gonna bring Melee too :) I'll only set it up for when the TVs aren't all busy, of course.

Put me down for singles while I look for a doubles partner. Ill also need help with transportation and housing, thanks. I use the tag Fox, but put Flash7 if it makes things easier.
Never gonna give you up?

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
I'm ready to fight for my friends!!!

Myself and buenob will each be entering singles, and together as a team (name TBA).

If we could get spots at Joel's that would be fantastic, as we'll likely be taking public transit.

THANKS!

If someone has a couple spots for a lift from Ottawa, we'll love you long time.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I'll take you Ottawa guys on no problem.

You will have to take the 211. Thad is correct in that it takes 50-80 minutes depending on traffic. I would lean towards 60-80 minutes due to annoying construction taking place on the 20. And the 221 is faster but will be unavailable on weekends. And yes, it is the very last stop, you will see a very large open field when you get off.

I don't understand what the deal with time is, it's really not that early. :/

EDIT: Oh yeah, my housing is available for Friday and Saturday evening if it's needed.

Eazyseph

Smash Cadet
Whoa Ally actually going to a tournament :o
Liquid, is this your first offline one?

lmao @ us both having the same picture and joining the site in the same month

zaf

Smash Lord
fiL you will be coming with me in my car to the tourney, ill pick you up at angrignon. or you will sleep at my house friday night.

I can bring other people as well, i think i can bring another 3 people.

Wtf, there's someone name Sweb that's listed right under me?

And I don't see any equipment listings but I can bring a Wii.
LOL at sweb

EDIT: SF333, fix the equipment section of the OP. Its messed up.

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
I really dont see how it could've happened lol... oh well, I fixed it... and LOL at Sweb... he's a friend of mine, his name is seb but he didnt give me a username so I called him by his nickname Sweb... I'm not close with him so I have no clue how good he is but I'd be willing to bet he's a noob so no one needs to worry about him lol

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
Done!

A notable correction for all you public transit users; the only functional bus heading to the campus on Saturdays is the 211.

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't consider it a loss since we just found out they were charging 1000$ for the rental... And even less of a loss considering the MacDonald venue is a better overall venue... I might add pictures to show what I mean, but it's a lot better than the more accessible one... Besides don't forget about housing if you need it, there are already 2 places up for housing and if I see that it's really proving to be useful, I might put my own house up for housing (I live in the West Island as well, a bit more than 5 minutes away from the venue)

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
fiL you will be coming with me in my car to the tourney, ill pick you up at angrignon. or you will sleep at my house friday night.

I can bring other people as well, i think i can bring another 3 people.
I wanna take a spot in the car zaf, and can I sleep over friday night?
joel I'm teaming with steb for doubles. I will bring my wii and a power bar

EDIT: as usual I call shotgun the front seat *looks at kirt*

Top Bottom