• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Yard Showdown - Garden City, MI - July 10th

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone.So I'm browsing Midwest and can't help but notice Brawl has NO Michigan tourneys. Naturally I figured something really needs to be done about that and so here this is. This is only my second attempt at hosting a tournament since my first one through, so a little help from those with more experience in the area would really be appreciated.

29552 Ford Road
Garden City, MI 48135-2318
Get Directions

There are a few places to eat in the area within a bit of a walk and quite a few more if you're willing to drive a bit.

Date and Times
7/10/10

12:00 - Venue opens
1:30 - Doubles registration ends
2:00 - Doubles begins
5:30 - Singles registration ends
6:00 - Singles begins
Later - Cookout maybe?

Prices and Payout
Venue Fee - $5*
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $10 per person
*Venue fee will be refunded to anyone bringing a full setup who stays for the entire event. A full setup is a TV and a Wii with a copy of Brawl with all characters and legal stages unlocked. Fee will be refunded if someone brings a setup for doubles and leaves before singles starts.

Payouts will be:
Singles, >= 15 people
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Singles, < 15 people
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Doubles
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Rules
- 3 Stock

- 8 minute timer

- Items are set to "off" and "none"

- All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

- If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

- Stalling is banned.

Also, at least two of the setups will be HDTVs. Component cables will be used to minimize lag, however if you are still concerned there could be an issue you can request not to be put on them during registration and I'll do my best.

Stages
Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokémon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

The first match of a set will use the stage strike system and all the rest will be counterpick.

Contact
Pharrox - (734) 624-8176
Tech_Chase - (248) 796-1479
Ori - (248) 494-0368

Who's Coming
Here is the list of players who are attending to the best o my knowledge. If I missed anyone, or if you see any mistakes, please let me know.

Ally
Artemis
AtotheZ
Anther
Bluedanes111
Boxxy
ChocoArrow
DarkLouis
Demp
firezyth
GeeTeeEffOhh
Gifts
goddy
Hot_ArmS
hugs 4 hackers
JTsm
L_cancel
Lordhelmet
MythTrainerInfinity
Ori
Pharrox
Rayquaza07
Rizk7
RyutsNoir
Sir_J
Sparta Kick
Tech_chase
Tewx2
White Lion
Xatic
Zero

Possibly:
Akashi
Arty
AvariceX
Condemned_soul
Dellthesmashstart (is looking for a ride)
DLA
DRDN (may bring friends)
jkbbabione
Kail
Lain
Marthmaster92
Noctournez
Notra
Ook
Poe
RoboticSithDrone
rsr2 (with friends)

AiB Listing

Boxxy

Smash Lord
i'm pretty flexible. Only days that i'm pretty sure i wouldnt be able to go would be 26 and 12/13. It also seems that there are a few small tourneys on june 19 and 21st. Also we should use not mlg rules =D inb4causeuuseic

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'll list it July 3rd for now. I'm a littles concerned with it being a holiday weekend so it could change.

Imma also see what I can do about perhaps getting a barbeque and having a cookout after the whole thing's over. Depends on if I can get a little extra money for food and a grill.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
If its on the weekend of the 4th Idk If I'll be able to make it, I'll see but it's a maybe. The weekend before or after would be better if its possible.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
If its on the weekend of the 4th Idk If I'll be able to make it, I'll see but it's a maybe. The weekend before or after would be better if its possible.
well seeing that the tourney is planned for the day before july 4th it would only be a guess of mine that it would occur on the weekend of the 4th. I dont think i'd be able to go on the 3rd

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I was kinda concerned about making it a holiday weekend, but didn't think too many people did anything the day before July 4th. Oh well, I changed it to the tenth to avoid that and give people more time to make arrangements.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
That date looks fine, might have some family still here, but I don't think that should really influence my ability to go to this. Just gonna have to make sure I can get a ride from ori

JTsm

Smash Master
Hell ya! This tourny is already too pro. Deffinitely going.

D

Deleted member

YES! I'm going i'm going i'm going i'm going i'm going i'm going going i'm going i'm going i'm going i'm going going i'm going i'm going i'm going i'm going going i'm going i'm going i'm going i'm going going i'm going i'm going i'm going i'm going going i'm going i'm going i'm going i'm going going i'm going i'm going i'm going i'm going going i'm going i'm going i'm going i'm going
HYPE!

TheMann

Smash Ace
Ya this is like 2 mins from my house BUT i should be back in ypsi by then. lol hilarious cept not.

RoboticSithDrone

Smash Apprentice
I can vouch for the Gameyard as an excellent venue, I go there for the biweekly Street Fighter ranbats.

Only possible problem I see is setting up CRT instead of LCD TVs, but other than that it's solid. I'll see what I can do to make it.

Sir_J

Smash Apprentice
I need a partner. I'm not even bad, just no one knows about me. 2nd highest placing Kirby at The Showdown, next to Y.B.M Lmfao, he is too pro. I should be able to go on the 10th.

rsr2

Smash Lord
I might go to this. I can try and convince my friends to go so I don't spend a lot of money. But if I do go, it's with 3-4 people :p

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
6:00 pm singles?

YESZ!

Hopefully work doesn't eff me over and have me work until close (8:30) It usually isn't the case though if I do work Saturdays.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Post this on AiB IMO. :D
Done :)

Thanks to everyone who has shown interest in this. Sorry for my lack of presence in this thread. I'm going to try to redo the first post today to add a few thing and hopefully make it a little nicer.

Top Bottom