• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville Florida Smash and Heroes Of Newerth Chit-Chat

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
The people clamor for RockCrock's downfall!

Holy ****. Typing that sentence made me think of something:
Dennis should invent a dance move and call it

THE ROCKSLIDE

Sub_Scorpion7

Smash Journeyman
Hey Matt, how many chairs can you bring?

Due to the influx of people attending this tourney, I was thinking of having a few tv's in the other rooms for more space.

Please bring as many as you can!

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
I can bring up to 3 in my car (none will fit in my trunk). If anyone wants to come get some and bring them back to my place afterward, I have 4 more that are available (all courtesy of the UF Housing Department). So, all in all, 7 chairs available. They are pretty big too, so if you have an SUV or a truck you can use, that would be great.

I also think we should use at least one of the other rooms. And think of a different layout for the middle area so we don't have people walking in front of matches.

Sub_Scorpion7

Smash Journeyman
The other two empty rooms are going to be available. I can also use my jeep to bring the other 4 chairs.

The current layout is fine; a little space near the table is needed to allow for passage.

Also, I am requesting for someone to bring a surge protector for extra convenience.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
What I was thinking is this (for the table closest to the kitchen):

What if we moved the table all the way against the wall, then moved the couch up from against the wall close to the table? That way people could actually use the couch to play on that set up, and people could walk behind the couch to get by.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Aight. I get out of class at about 12:30, then I'm free until 3:00. Then at 4:00 I'll be out of class and heading over to your place as soon as I am ready.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Bring your dollars, or you will not be admitted.
Hey guys, not that I can't spare a dollar for entry this time around. But let's say I didn't have a dollar for entry. Could I still come for the friendly/casual matches. I love playing with you guys, and it's a lot of good practice for my sake.

Wait a minute, is the price still $1 or did you guys decide to up the price or anything yet?!

Saiya

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. Just stopping by to say I had a load of fun tonight. Was great seeing everyone again, as well as meeting a few of you for the first time.
Thanks to those who gave me friendlies, and I look forward to 'coming' again! lol

Alex, 1/2 of Team **** Fest

Raistlin

Smash Lord
yeah, sorry mooney, some of friends i don't see as much wanted to hang out, and i had to choose between them and smash. i apparently made the wrong decision since they ended up being rather boring. sorry buddy

Renth

Smash Hero
lots of fun.

Javier you're the man

Josh ahh why can't i get in the barrel!?!?

Dennis you know, i'm working on it.

Thomas.. we stayed up until 8 a.m. playing stamina mode and realizing new ways to make falco a br0ken character. yayyy

Oscar mmMmm MMONEY

everyone else om nom nom nom nom it was fun

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Good singles games to Shalom, Renth, and Moses. Those sets were all pretty close.
Good work in teams Blindghost.
Cash mooney, I finally got to play a complete match vs. you for once, lol. We should play more often.
Alex (Saiya) glad you had fun, hope to see you come out here more often. We gotta find a way to get David out here too.

Who wants to train me at the next one I attend?
I can give some vs. Doc/Ganon training if you ever want any (maybe some Ganondorf training, but you should probably just try playing Renth or Rock for higher levels of play as Ganon.)

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Results!

11/06/09

1 Harriettheguy - Fox/Falcon - $10
2 RockCrock - Ganon/DK - $5
3 Apollo - Peach - $1
4 Shalom - Marth
5 Renth - Ganon
5 SubScorpion - C.Falcon
7 Exarch - Fox
7 KeeLime - Fox
9 Blind - Falcon
9 C@sh Mooney - Marth
9 Proteus - Falcon
9 VGMRicky - Doc
13 FrakJacket - Doc
13 Moses - Marth
13 Saiya - C.Falcon
13 Tets - Peach

I'll have the bracket up within the hour.
::EDIT:: Bracket is up

Who wants to train me at the next one I attend?
I would love to give you assistance with any/every character you want. Some are better than others, but they're all pretty good.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
OMFG RIC

If you move here, I have to be the first in your house.

Shoutsouts:

Mike: Thanks for the ride and everything. I'm sorry I didn't play you correctly in tourney. It won't happen again. Next time you do teams, just do sheik only. Every other character you have for teams is bad right now.

Oscar: Thanks so much for holding these. I remember when I first started playing with you guys I wanted to be able to come to each one, but since things weren't organized, I was never able to. Now, though, I can. This is pretty much perfect for me, and I really apreciate everything. Thanks for the hospitality btw. I had fun playing like 10 straight matches with you, we'll have to do it again sometime :)

Mark: Coin matches are amazing. Deranged mark + money = lol

Dennis: I really need to play you more at these >.< The 2 games we played were not enough lol

Josh: Good set man. I really should have just stayed Marth, my falco isn't good yet, but at least I pulled off a crazy Spleesh atyack first stock.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
This tournie was fun, had some great sets w/ EVERYONE that I wish were recorded. I won't be at the next one due to my sister's b-day, but I should be there for the 20th.

Oh, and my old ringtone was even better.

Proteus

Smash Apprentice
Glad I came to this. :) I'll probably have to start playing melee again here instead of driving 2 hours to Gainesville for it though.

Top Bottom