• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville, FL Power Rankings

8Bitman

Smash Master
mk, d3, falco, zss, diddy, fox, lucario, olimar, toon link, pikachu
marth/snake are close to even imo
rob really only beats ic's and wario for the upper tiers imo
R.O.B does not have a hard time against Diddy, Fox, Lucario, Olimar, Toon Link, Pikachu, or Marth. You are also wrong about R.O.B beating IC's and Wario, he goes even with the both of them. Those two are critical MU's. You literally just listed the characters above R.O.B. I just believe you have little to no EXP against them, or MU knowledge in general.

fox: speed prevents rob from chasing, dair abuses bad shield, can out camp us, has a reflector, can juggle realllly well cause rob has AWFUL air speed
lucario: fair shield pokes hard and low percent juggles rack up % quick, again ez juggling, rob has no kill power so lucario lives forever --> he does more damage
diddy: while rob can abuse bananas well with his decent item game but diddy just does it better (obv), bananas trip due to more shield johns and he can camp well
toon link: he outcamps us really hard, all his projectiles and z-air shieldpoke really hard, kills us pretty quick

but I still think rob beats wario 55-45
Fox prevents us from chasing!? WHAT!? Fox is supposed to approach, never should you "Chase" him. The MU is dead even, if you go out of your way to approach and give up stage control you give up the match.
Lucario can at most juggle or control us till about 50%, after that the MU is a joke. We kill him fairly early too, you are attacking the MU wrong, you rack up % with Fair/Projectiles/Grab. You kill with Bair/Nair/U or F Smash/ and if it comes to it due to camping, he dies really anywhere at about 180% from UThrow, that's not a lot if you camp. Don't approach or play his game, that is how you roll/sidestep into FSmash.
Diddy has bananas, that's it. We out space him, destroy him in the air, can easily gimp him with Fair/Bair off the edge. You sound as if you're playing the MU primarily on the ground. Diddy can ONLY play on the ground. I would give the MU a +1 to Diddy, but from my EXP of the MU I would nominate it to be Even. Many of R.O.B's High Tier MU's are Even or -1 R.O.B.
Toon Link he entirely out camps us, but we entirely out space him, which allows for up close impatience on their part. Fair and Bair are a necessity in this MU.
Wario is dead even, he does not win. I would give the MU a +1 but after playing David's Wario soooooo many times, the MU has literally no gimmicks or BROKEN infinites to abuse against R.O.B. Just kill potential.

i dont really see how those characters cover an unfair amount of options. imo bad matchups truely come from a character being able to cover many of your options while still having a window open to punish your other better options. not just because other characters are better at camping than you.

i get it, rob is an amazing camper, and when he's forced to approach, it takes away from the big good side of his playstyle, but that doesn't mean he strait loses the matchup because of it. alot of people judge matchups too much on whether or not their biggest plusses are abusable or not.

if i was judging matchups based on who out camped who, ddd would have rediculously bad matchups across the bored cause everyone with a decent projectile can out camp him. however his only real bad matchups are those like IC's MK or ZSS, all characters that can completely shut his approach game down, while still be able to run him over for free if they happen to have to approach.

aka their options can just beat his while still staying safe.

based on your reasons about ur "bad" matchups, i'm not really seeing that happen. the majority of the reasons came down to who out camps you, and shield pokes. the shield poke thing, imo, can get solved by having better footsies. yes this makes you change ur normal playstyle a bit, but rob's ftilt is godlike and imo is one of the best spacing moves in the game.

the other thing you said was he cant really land well and gets juggled. This will again bring me back to DDD or even snake for that matter. DDD suffers from this and DOESNT have any good means of b-reverses to change his momentum and trick up his opponent. Snake has gernades, but rob has his laser (i believe) gyro cancels a good up b for stalling in the air (except against mk cuz we can shuttle loop that for free) and a side b you can throw out to mess with someone that tries to wait under u in a shield

i duno, i just feel like just because your direct attacks (nair and stuff) don't beat outother people when they are below you, doesn't mean you lose in the air, you just need to abuse the other options rob does have to make up for that.

hope that's helped in some way, and i'm sorry if this is all info you already knew, i just don't think alot of people playing mid-ish tiers give their characters enough credit.

Just because your character isn't the best in a given situation, doesn't mean they are bad in it.
I mean this was fairly general, but mostly right.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol most PR's have problems or "mistakes" but this update is sooooooooooooooooo funny (like wtf is this even based on)

edit: WARIO OWNS ROB

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
he really does; you don't exactly have a reliable way to kill wario at any point which is a big problem

rob has a disadvantage b/c he can't close stocks easily on wario where wario can on rob

doesn't really matter b/c no1 ****ing plays wario well in this state anymore

but w/e

so many questions

why goof is on this.. why lio is not 3... why hbox is gonerz

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
a mm of what? cause i don't really see a victory in a 2/3 or a 3/5 to mean that much from 2 isolated players (esp. when we throw counterpicks in; tho tbf i don't believe the current counterpicks to adjust the wario/rob matcchup much)

currently i am unlikely to go to gville

if i were to go (and you guys as well), i will gladly do some flavor of exhibition match (FT10 on neutrals..... bf... or smashville??.... or the like to allow for adequate adjustments/comparisons to be made)

but i have a lot on my plate right now (graduation, friday is a symposium, graduate program requirements, etc. etc.)

sorry but yea

friendlies don't matter but i can say from watching lies! play 8bitman.... my movement is much more fluid.. i REALLY wanted to have been matched up w/ 8bit in miami T_T lol

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
keep me posted

i've had to cover some **** (some graduation; some just drinking a lot to mellow out/celebrate to be straight up)

so i can't do money

if you guys can confirm i could prolly make it as my last tourney for some time (maybe ever? lolololol)

would like to play A LOT of games to prove the point

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
cool, cool

the REAL g-ville PR

1-2. Ryo/Dew (not sure on this.. ryo has had some unfortunate loses lately)
3. Lio
4. Hbox
5. DOLOGOD420BLAZENIGGA
6. JellyBelly
7. Ereth, the murderer
8. Hala-bro
9-10. dudesthatdontmattermuchsorry

Honorable mentions: G-Love the ever-living, Hiroi <3

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Looks good now. Before it was based off random friendly wins and such, now its based off solely who beats who within Gainesville as of February which makes more sense now.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Im being a lil *****? WOAH WHERE DID THIS COME FROM LOL. I asked you If i could help out but you just get offended. Just base it off results dude instead of opinion.

out of the 4 tournies u posted, hbox showed up to 2 btw, the same amount that other ppl on that list showed up to. And u forgot to add the miami tourney too.

edit: Looks good now. Before it was based off random friendly wins and such, now its based off solely who beats who within Gainesville as of February which makes more sense now.

Ereth

Murda Bidness
cool, cool

the REAL g-ville PR

1-2. Ryo/Dew (not sure on this.. ryo has had some unfortunate loses lately)
3. Lio
4. Hbox
5. DOLOGOD420BLAZE*****
6. JellyBelly
7. Ereth, the murderer
8. Hala-bro
9-10. dudesthatdontmattermuchsorry

Honorable mentions: G-Love the ever-living, Hiroi <3
Dolo beat lio, and lio hasn't been to any other tournaments. hbox went to gatorlan and lost to dewdadash.

Ereth

Murda Bidness
Who played each other at the miami tourney? And yes i forgot hbox went to gtn so ill have to edit it again

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
i was mainly kidding

but lio does have nice wins (mainly over me) and could be argued to be better skilled

you can lose to someone ranked LOWER than you and still be HIGHER than them (lol i'm drunk whoops)

idk why the **** goof is even considered (i know he considers himself g-ville but he lives in jax)

hbox went to glan and only lost to 1 guy who is ranked 2+? therefore, **** him he can't be on? lol k dawg

EDITno offense to DoBro (dologod420) but i wouldn't put him above a lot of people (lio, hbox, goof)

Dolo

Smash Rookie
i was mainly kidding

but lio does have nice wins (mainly over me) and could be argued to be better skilled

you can lose to someone ranked LOWER than you and still be HIGHER than them (lol i'm drunk whoops)

idk why the **** goof is even considered (i know he considers himself g-ville but he lives in jax)

hbox went to glan and only lost to 1 guy who is ranked 2+? therefore, **** him he can't be on? lol k dawg

EDITno offense to DoBro (dologod420) but i wouldn't put him above a lot of people (lio, hbox, goof)
It's okay moneyGod360. If I didn't know I had those wins over those 2, i'd put them over me as well. I'd say it was luck but I 2-0'd lio and beat goof in a best of 5 set which really isn't luck.

Dolo

Smash Rookie
dat fsmash tho
lul yeah that was pretty lucky. should've saved that match to see wtf happened. It was a best of 5 set though, he had plenty of opportunity to outplay me and secure a lead.

Ereth

Murda Bidness
Wasn't doubting what you said, you definitely earned the win. Just funny lol

Edit: When I heard what happened I cracked up because I knew Ricky would flip out about it XD

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
lol yeah dolo made some pretty bad mistakes leading up to it :o Didnt have to come down to the fsmash but oh wellz, just made things funnier xD.

edit: not to beat a dead horse or anything, but I think looking at it again we overlooked dylan, even im guilty :x. He has no losses, im still not really sure where i would put him though.

It probally will make sense to update this again after this saturday

True Blue

Smash Lord
How come I can't be on it but Ricky can. lol.
I thought I was G-Ville.
David I need comfort! I've been kicked to the curb!!
Everyone just hates me I guess...

Ereth

Murda Bidness
Because Ricky comes to gainesville every weekend and participated in every tournament we used to collect data.

I still <3 u

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
R.O.B does not have a hard time against Diddy, Fox, Lucario, Olimar, Toon Link, Pikachu, or Marth. You are also wrong about R.O.B beating IC's and Wario, he goes even with the both of them. Those two are critical MU's. You literally just listed the characters above R.O.B. I just believe you have little to no EXP against them, or MU knowledge in general.

your obv just a better rob than me
its cool
also why are you here

Ereth

Murda Bidness
Decided to move Apple Jelly above Liam because they both have a win over goofball but apple jelly does not have any losses.

GoofBall

Smash Journeyman
Wow, so much drama and **** talking, why was I not informed? Haha.

GMoney, as far as I'm concerned you aren't a factor when it comes to playing this game competitively. Despite the skill level I play the game on and the frequency I travel for it, I don't play this game seriously nor do I particularly enjoy it. I play it because my friends do. With that being said, there is no need to be upset when I inform you of the fact that you are the only Jax player I don't have a winning record over. You're more than welcome to play me and "free me up" if that is what's important to you. With your rude behavior, snide comments, non-confrontational attitude and disrespect becoming commonplace, I suggest you keep hiding online. No wonder you have such a horrible reputation in the community ;D

Dolo, you did beat me yes, congratulations. I understand your circle of friends view a win as a win, and that's understandable. No disrespect, but everybody who spectated our matches at GL knows and has commented on how you got multiple "lucky" kills on me. I'm not upset, but I do think it's pretty crappy you boast a bogus win. Anytime you want to play a match and be reminded who is a better player, I'm more than happy to help you out with that. No disrespect, just letting you know. DOLLLLOOOOO<3

Gainseville, If you consider me part of you, and I consider me part of you, why is there a dilemma concerning my residence when determining what "PR" to be placed on? Either way, I would prefer my name be left off of either PR as that would give the illusion that I care about the game.Love you all, Thanks. :)

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
LOL, Rick! Do not even try. You slandered me behind my back long before I ever said one thing about you. Upon meeting you I gave you props and you later just ******* and moaned about my character choice or play (which is something you even do to people you can consistently beat). You repay this by telling Ved he should not hang out with me because I am somehow a terrible person and he will not improve by playing me. Guess what? He has improved by playing me. You don't give him no tips, dawg.

You threw a crewbattle which was only for "fun" and "pride." That should be evidence alone that you are a spineless individual. We should have just put Haki in. He can at least do his job and take a goddamn stock.

Hell, you even constantly ***** at Mike for having a ****ty Peach. He only picked Peach back up because of your play, and now he is better than you and you give him ****? What a joke. Sure, get mad in the moment (we all do) but give props later.

Really, I do not care if people do not like me as a person. You cannot please everyone. Besides a select few, I have very little respect for the community. There are very few genuine individuals in it (most of them quit). I am at least consistently honest about my opinions.

My current attitude towards you stems from your cowardice and the fact that you have the gall to try and disrespect my play and experience. I don't have to confront a damn thing because:

1. You are not my equal in the game.
2. You have proven yourself to be an inconsistent person outside of the game.

Besides all that, I do not see how there is drama in me saying that you should not be on a PR where you do not live and laughing at the idea of you being on the state PR when you have only 1 major tournament match win (especially when you do not even come close to winning in your own region). The 1st PR (with you at #3) was a joke. That is rather clear by now. Now, I do not care outside of how dumb it is to have someone on a PR who lives in another region geographically (or even how dumb it is to do region PRs).

I'm not a factor in competition when my play is still relevant over 4 years after quitting travelling and actually playing top players every other weekend? Tru.

I have no need to "free [you] up" (lol did you think I say this?) when you have never been a threat to me. If we do play again, I will be sure to make the experience even more miserable for you and I will revel in your johns of a matchup in which you have the fvckin' advantage.

Side-note: You have a winning record over SAX? Now that would be surprising. YOU LOST TO MIKE'S PEACH!! :p

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Wow, so much drama and **** talking, why was I not informed? Haha.

GMoney, as far as I'm concerned you aren't a factor when it comes to playing this game competitively. Despite the skill level I play the game on and the frequency I travel for it, I don't play this game seriously nor do I particularly enjoy it. I play it because my friends do. With that being said, there is no need to be upset when I inform you of the fact that you are the only Jax player I don't have a winning record over. You're more than welcome to play me and "free me up" if that is what's important to you. With your rude behavior, snide comments, non-confrontational attitude and disrespect becoming commonplace, I suggest you keep hiding online. No wonder you have such a horrible reputation in the community ;D

Dolo, you did beat me yes, congratulations. I understand your circle of friends view a win as a win, and that's understandable. No disrespect, but everybody who spectated our matches at GL knows and has commented on how you got multiple "lucky" kills on me. I'm not upset, but I do think it's pretty crappy you boast a bogus win. Anytime you want to play a match and be reminded who is a better player, I'm more than happy to help you out with that. No disrespect, just letting you know. DOLLLLOOOOO<3

Gainseville, If you consider me part of you, and I consider me part of you, why is there a dilemma concerning my residence when determining what "PR" to be placed on? Either way, I would prefer my name be left off of either PR as that would give the illusion that I care about the game.Love you all, Thanks. :)
**** it, its not needed. Ill prolly just confront you in person about this.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
That's another thing.... If I read everything correctly, the set was 3 out of 5 between you and Dolo? How the **** is there going to be "luck" in that? If you got out played, you get outplayed and you should move on and try to learn.

It happens. No johns.

EDIT: I'm somewhat on the fence on going. The only motivating factor is I'd like to see like 2 or so people at this tourney before I'll be out of commission for the foreseeable future. Unfortunately, there's a ton of people I need to see in Jax as well before I'm out of there for some time (maybe forever?) as well..

I guess proving my point that Wario ***** ROB is there as well.... but meh.

Fvkin' choices, bros. Choices.. T_T

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I think Goofball's peach is > my peach personally speaking.

After all he has won most of the peach dittos in tourney :p

PEACH PEACH PEACH. Peach is an awesome princess.

Top Bottom