• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GA rides to Herb3

bigman40

Smash Master
Did you see my message? >_>
Yeah, Sry I didn't get to answer you back yesterday. My question is, are you able to get a ride to Macon or Atlanta? It's going out of my way to get to you (about a 3-4 hour drive), but I'd be willing to take you if you can have a ride pick you up/drop you off at Macon.

bigman40

Smash Master
dbl posting for important info on housing.

If no one read the update vilt has done, then you'll see it now:

Registration is gonna be at the door now (so the tourney will likely be running late).

Hotel fees (including discount): 69.99 for a king or double room. :D

Just call and let them know you are staying for HERB, ya digg?

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
Hey, introduction here, my name is Joey Karcher, I go to school right now at GCSU, and the rest of the year im in Savannah.

I have been wanted to get more in depth into the smash community for a long time now, and now that I'm finally in college and got a little more freedom, it seems like a good time to jump into the scene. Ive been to an occasional tournament and have always placed 3, but again, i havn't been to to many so thats not really much to brag about.

I talked to Frozenhobo, and he said this is the thread to try to get a ride to Herb3 (duh... looking at the title). The end of this week is the start of my spring break, and i was gonna go on a retreat of sorts but if i could snag a ride I would consider possibly going Waba, especially so I could meet some of you GA guys. But if rides are full and stuff its all cool.
Id also would like to go to Herb3 and get a ride for that to if possible (sense this is the purpose of the thread) but if agian rides are full its alright.

I also plan on going to MLG Orlando. If anyone's going to that that would be cool to, though i plan on going to that with a ride or not haha. Its just to big a deal to pass up on.

So yeah. HI!
(I plan on posting this moslty same thing in Salt in Fire forum to, sense its like an intro)

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Would anyone be able to take me?

if its cheap enough I would just fly to GA and have the carpool pick me up at the airport or something

cuz tickets to NC are stupid expensive

thoughts?
I would pm the Ga melee people like full metal/sleepy or something. I don't plan on driving for melee day so your best bet would be to ask them since I think they are going.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Ok so if Luis is driving and can go then we have another car to take people as well. I'm guess it will be billy,calvin and luis at least in his car, and that would mean that I also have one spot in my car. I saw Joey smash express interest in going so maybe we can work something out. so far its looking like:

Lounis' car
Me
Frozen
Turtl
Micalieus
1 spot open

Roderick's car
Scatz
Deo
Bag o tricks
2 free spots

Luis' car
Luis
Calvin
Billy
2 spots open

So we have 5 spots free overall, and I saw joeysmash interested. He lives in savanah, so maybe he can get to scatz college and ride with him?

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
what college does he go to? I'm going to GCSU in Milledgeville, but ill be on spring break that week so ill be in Savannah. But after Sunday's tourneys (sense im there mostly for brawl, havn't played melee in ages) I need to get back to GCSU sense i have classes monday. so that might be hard to pull off I dunno. If its to much, its no biggie sense i kinda tried to jump on the bandwagon a bit late anyways.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
what college does he go to? I'm going to GCSU in Milledgeville, but ill be on spring break that week so ill be in Savannah. But after Sunday's tourneys (sense im there mostly for brawl, havn't played melee in ages) I need to get back to GCSU sense i have classes monday. so that might be hard to pull off I dunno. If its to much, its no biggie sense i kinda tried to jump on the bandwagon a bit late anyways.
He goes to georgia southern, I am not sure how far away that is from gcsu. I'm sure something can be worked out with someone though.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
you know kevin brewer? he's one of my friends. we both wound up looking at GCSU, but i decided to come to SPSU.
naw i don't. I actually just started this semester of school, I worked the past semester, so I havn't been here to long.

He goes to georgia southern, I am not sure how far away that is from gcsu. I'm sure something can be worked out with someone though.
thats about 45-50 mins from savannah, i dunno how far from GCSU.

GOD!

Smash Ace
naw i don't. I actually just started this semester of school, I worked the past semester, so I havn't been here to long.
QUOTE]

My sister goes there. You probably won't know her though.
There is this freshman guy called Michael Milich who is one weird dude. I could tell you stories.. terrible stories.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
QUOTE]

My sister goes there. You probably won't know her though.
There is this freshman guy called Michael Milich who is one weird dude. I could tell you stories.. terrible stories.
lol. whos your sis? i know a few people. for all i know shes just one of the random ones ive met

bigman40

Smash Master
thats about 45-50 mins from savannah, i dunno how far from GCSU.
K. Google Map from your place to the zip code 30460. I still have 2 spots in my car. So people needing rides let me know. I'ma gonna call the hotel and try to reserve a room tomorrow after my classes, and then I'ma tally up all the expenses so people can expect how much they would need to bring.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
K. Google Map from your place to the zip code 30460. I still have 2 spots in my car. So people needing rides let me know. I'ma gonna call the hotel and try to reserve a room tomorrow after my classes, and then I'ma tally up all the expenses so people can expect how much they would need to bring.
I'm gonna need a ride.

Can you let me know how much I gotta pay?

GOD!

Smash Ace
lol. whos your sis? i know a few people. for all i know shes just one of the random ones ive met
her name is emmalyn. she's roommates with kathleen something. She's really short (my sister), and her roommate is pretty hot.

And kazoo talkin' like a brotha. Bout time.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
oh i got no idea then haha.

but uh.... when I came down for spring break, my family wants do stuff this weekend so I can't even go anymore, so you all can X me off the list I guess... 'sniff'.

Whats another tourney coming up before MLG Orlando? I need to go to something before that.

bigman40

Smash Master
Just paid for the hotel room. We got it for Saturday night. Yall better pay me back when we walk in or I'mma dump you on the border of GA and NC. :mad:

Will get the expenses up later today after my classes.

Edit: Artdude, you got Deo and me for housing friday night? Or will I have to ask my sis to chill at her place?

dbl Edit: Just did the math instead of waiting. Everyone in my car should at least bring 50+ bucks (I recommend bringing more, but that's up to you), and it's not including food expenses, door fee, singles, and doubles. This is in case something goes wrong.

$120 (Gas. This is for 3 times I'll have to fill up and not counting my drive from my college to ATL)
$140 (Hotel room and if we have to say for 2 nights. I only booked 1 night tho)

Total = $260

Depending on if we fill all 3 cars, the hotel room will cost everyone 5-10 bucks. For my car, everyone's paying no more than 24 bucks (if 4 other ppl are in my car).

Kazoo: We're going for only Brawl. So if you're gonna go to HERB for melee, I'd suggest trying to get a ride with the melee group.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
got you're money scatz, don't worry. i'm really hyped about this. gonna need to talk to my parents about getting some more funds, though (i currently have $2 for food, aside from my door/hotel fees).

bigman40

Smash Master
got you're money scatz, don't worry. i'm really hyped about this. gonna need to talk to my parents about getting some more funds, though (i currently have $2 for food, aside from my door/hotel fees).

KK. Also, their max occupancy was 3 ppl. Since I don't want to have them using my name badly or ****, other people are gonna have to come through the back door and stay quiet so **** won't go down.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
no offers............
Not sure who is doesn't have a teammate still, but hopefully someone here will step up.

Also guys I am going to reiterate this, I will hunt you down if you do not help pay scatz as soon as we arrive at the hotel.

Now with that said, I'm going to ask that anyone that is riding with me to either meet me at spsu or at my house (whichever is closer). Get your parents to drive you, drive there, get a ride, whatever. Make sure you at least make an effort to get there, because I don't want to drive multiple hours out of my way to pick up people before we even begin to leave.

It's a little under 6 hours drive from my house.

Also gas will be calculated at the end, I did say at first 10-15 dollars, but its more fair to split it 5 ways.

And for the hotel make sure we are not too loud, because we're having 10-15 people in there and we don't need to get kicked out or give the place a bad name or anything, be civil.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Not sure who is doesn't have a teammate still, but hopefully someone here will step up.

Also guys I am going to reiterate this, I will hunt you down if you do not help pay scatz as soon as we arrive at the hotel.

Now with that said, I'm going to ask that anyone that is riding with me to either meet me at spsu or at my house (whichever is closer). Get your parents to drive you, drive there, get a ride, whatever. Make sure you at least make an effort to get there, because I don't want to drive multiple hours out of my way to pick up people before we even begin to leave.

Also gas will be calculated at the end, I did say at first 10-15 dollars, but its more fair to split it 5 ways.

And for the hotel make sure we are not too loud, because we're having 10-15 people in there and we don't need to get kicked out or give the place a bad name or anything, be civil.
I didn't mention it, but I'd be more than happy to stay in your hotel room. That includes Calvin and Billy, too. The more, the merrier (and less expensive, but more cramped, hah).

We may or may not stay the night in your area on Friday, assuming you or someone else provides housing. Just keep me posted, sir.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
^^Ok thats fine, I think I included your car for the room anyways.

I'll let you know about housing, I'm sure something can happen here.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

anybody that needs a place to stay friday night can crash in my apartment (SPSU). just snd me a PM.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Okay, now I am not going to this.

My (external) hard drive just went Terri Schiavo on me, and it may costs money to fix.

So, have fun without me. :(

bigman40

Smash Master
K so, Deo can't come due to issues that recently happened. Biglou, can I ride with you up there while Reflex takes BoT in his car? Since it seems like no one else is coming, me driving my car to NC is too costly for me.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
K so, Deo can't come due to issues that recently happened. Biglou, can I ride with you up there while Reflex takes BoT in his car? Since it seems like no one else is coming, me driving my car to NC is too costly for me.
I'm currently riding with two other people. If you want, you both can come with me.

Top Bottom