• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G6 monthlies Housing thread

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Snap, if I get a second car from GA coming to the tournament will you be able to offer housing at your place for it?

You're stilling getting 1 car guaranteed DrPeepee lol. Just trying to have a plan ready if the other car comes through this week which it looks like it prob will since people all make plans at the last minute -_-

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Snap, if I get a second car from GA coming to the tournament will you be able to offer housing at your place for it?

You're stilling getting 1 car guaranteed DrPeepee lol. Just trying to have a plan ready if the other car comes through this week which it looks like it prob will since people all make plans at the last minute -_-
How about helping to fill up mine? :glare:

You have my number, gimme a ring (or text). I would like to go to this.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
@Snap - K I have a second car now. Can you PM me your number so I can make sure it's the right one and I'll give it to the ones in the 2nd car. I'll also reply back with their numbers just in case. Thank you so much for housing us, this is going to be a great tournament because of it.

@TGK - I'm going to be straight with you, no one really wants to ride with you. It's not because they dislike you or anything personal; it's simply because you view driving people as a method to make money instead of a means to get yourself to a tournament cheaper while helping fellow smashers at the same time. The majority of the Smash community is poor and most don't want to pay more than is necessary to attend. I don't mean to verbally assault you at all, I just tell it how it is and I apologize if I offended you.

Sadly, although it is understandable, how much money a tournament costs is a huge factor in whether a person attends or not. So people who offer services like free housing and cheap rides are the ones who really help increase attendance rates therefore increasing the overall enjoyment of the tournament for everyone which helps the community as a whole. To all you unsung heroes out there, thank you so much for all you do for the Smash community.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Hey Dr. PP I'm not sure if we're still housing with you or not. Michael hasn't really given me any details since about two days ago, but last I heard Reflex and Columbus was going to try and get there.

Really all I know is that I have a full car of Melee players coming to NC this weekend to play Smash Bros.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
@TGK - I'm going to be straight with you, no one really wants to ride with you. It's not because they dislike you or anything personal; it's simply because you view driving people as a method to make money instead of a means to get yourself to a tournament cheaper while helping fellow smashers at the same time. The majority of the Smash community is poor and most don't want to pay more than is necessary to attend. I don't mean to verbally assault you at all, I just tell it how it is and I apologize if I offended you.
Hmm, thanks? :glare:

You may have valid points here, but there is another side to the coin.

When my income is already small, should I dig into my pockets to help others when going to the tourney is a burden in itself? Well, that's something to consider. But your point is duly noted.

Methinks $20-25 a head (if four come along) is cheap, but I may hold that in singularity. It's OK though, I still got a tourney (Revival) to go to. No love lost.

Anyone is still more than happy to take me up on my offer though.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Hey Dr. PP I'm not sure if we're still housing with you or not. Michael hasn't really given me any details since about two days ago, but last I heard Reflex and Columbus was going to try and get there.

Really all I know is that I have a full car of Melee players coming to NC this weekend to play Smash Bros.
Um alright lol well just keep me posted.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Hmm, thanks? :glare:

You may have valid points here, but there is another side to the coin.

When my income is already small, should I dig into my pockets to help others when going to the tourney is a burden in itself? Well, that's something to consider. But your point is duly noted.

Methinks $20-25 a head (if four come along) is cheap, but I may hold that in singularity. It's OK though, I still got a tourney (Revival) to go to. No love lost.

Anyone is still more than happy to take me up on my offer though.
Sorry to bust your bubble man, but its time to "math" you.
Assuming you depart from the area around GA tech(1132 Techwood Dr NW, Atlanta, GA 30318-7814 was the address I used) and head to the venue, the drive is about 252 miles.

Round trip x2 multiplier = 504
Using 25 miles per gallon as an average for a car's mileage with 4 passengers, you get this:
504 / 25 = 20.16 gallons of gas are necessary to make the trip.

With gas prices averaging around 3$ per gallon right now, you get this for the total gas cost:
20.16 x 3 = 60.48
We'll round up to 61$ for the cost.
With 4 passengers and the driver splitting the cost evenly, you should be charging 12$ a head. I can understand 20-25$ if you don't get 4 passengers, but the math looks more like this:
12 with 5 total in the car
15 with 4 total in the car
20 with 3 total in the car
30 with 2 total in the car
And if you drove by yourself you'd need to pony up all 60.

But uhh... 20-25 a head with FOUR passengers?
Thats definitely cutting a profit.
I'm not saying you should lose money on the deal, but fair is fair- figure the total cost and split it evenly between all those riding in the car.
Now all these calculations assume that everyone meets at the departure point, which is not unreasonable for anybody wanting to get a ride. If you're picking people up from their places of residence, thats a different story.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Yes, the math would be a little in my favor if I left from Tech.

There's one thing you got wrong though:

I don't live in Atlanta. I live in Athens.

When that is factored in, plus picking people up, plus coming back to Athens in time for work (Monday @ 900)...you can see where the $25 comes in.

But my apologies for not clarifying that (even though it's in my city part of the postbit :/)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
does VA know about this thread?

i'd like to know who's tryna do what in greensboro. my roommates gf is coming, so i don't think i can house anymore...

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Alright that's cool.

What time are you getting in?
It's not certain right now but it's a little over a 4 hour drive from Tech where everyone will be meeting and I think Rayku will be picking us up around 6 pm so hopefully we'll around between 10 pm to 11 pm. It may be later (or even earlier if things go according to plan) but we'll try to get there asap. I hope this is okay.

tubes

Smash Ace
Hi I apologize for being last minute, but I need housing for Mike G, Xif, Me, Redfox, and Travis Friday and Saturday night. Anyone got room?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Okay I'll let the parents know but that should be cool.

Dunno how you feel about sleeping arrangements but we can probably accommodate for at least half of you(@ those staying at my house).

Thanks bro. =)

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Ok, so there's one more play here.

I'm pulling Lp's arm (which is attached to Fwop's) for gas to get the three of us there.

If I can pull that off by the time I get off of work, I would need housing for the three of us.

If not, fugetaboutit! :crying:

The rest of GA is still more than welcome to get in.

Oh, and I may be willing to renegotiate pricing for gas.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
im already housing like 8 people from raleigh =[ or I would mike g. **** theres not a lot of options left for housing though lol. maybe craig can house?

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Mike G.... you come before me, on the day of my daughters wedding.... asking for a favor?

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
Instead of giving some money to the people who drove the farthest, assuming venue fee would be met, it should go to Ga so they can get a cheap room.

Still working on housing for you guys over here, but yeah...

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Well, xif is on his way here to get me but we're still not sure what we're gonna do =/

Mahone

Smash Champion
we need housing please, we don't wanna have to stay at a hotel... its already too much money

we are heading out now, so if you can house, please call 5402391441

Top Bottom