• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia | Day 4 starts | Deadline: 1st Feb [11:59pm CET]

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Omni said:
Gorf did the right thing by applying pressure elsewhere even though RR was hogging the hate spotlight. Actually, quite a few people either didn't comment and if they had something to say they repeated what I said (Chaco).
This is actually another good point, if this is the only thing you have on me then shiz you should be grilling EVERYBODY. I mean nobody here really did much as far as commenting on RR, some went as far as totally ignoring the whole shindig. Even if I didn't comment on it, what would have separated me from anybody else?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
In the end, I STILL don't see much aside from drilling RR for his stupidity (which, really, had no point seeing how multiple people expressed that he was being dumb and basically said they didn't wanna deal with it), and your desire to lynch anything that may hurt town.
that's cool

ive already told you that i refrain from making any hard stances until ive heard from everyone. i think it's scummy for people to start pegging players as scum or town when 2-3 people have barely posted and could potentially be possible candidates for both sides.

when people make lists or have "strong reads" early on the only alignment that can accurately judge those reads is scum moreso mafia then indy

Omni

BRoomer
RR, where u at on this wagon?

it wont be omgus. i promise. plus we've got animal gummy bears galore in store.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
that's cool

ive already told you that i refrain from making any hard stances until ive heard from everyone. i think it's scummy for people to start pegging players as scum or town when 2-3 people have barely posted and could potentially be possible candidates for both sides.

when people make lists or have "strong reads" early on the only alignment that can accurately judge those reads is scum moreso mafia then indy
To be fair Omni, why should we give you the benefit of the doubt in this (about refraining from hard stances)?

Omni

BRoomer
uh, u shouldnt?

take it at face value. if u think its scummy call me out on it and give your explanation.

#HBC | Dancer

Reading one post at a time.

I stopped with it.

Yes it was to get people to talk about something.

Omni is null because there was no reason to find him scum atm, you coul state for how Omni hasn't really made content outside of talking with me. Outside of talking to Gorf on Page 2 he has been posting a ton of fluff.

He seems concerned with how others play and trying to delve into seeing people play better for more accurate reads.

I think you did with your initial posts to Omni with your questions. It's more of a lean but it is enough to make me like ya.

I'm not voting him, but I do take him to be a scum pick atm.

This is understandable.
Your reasoning about me, WL, and Gorf is weak, but that's understandable since it's early in the game. Like your answer to why Omni was null (that was what I was actually looking for). Your response to the pressure reads genuine to me, so you can lean town now.

unvote

#HBC | Gorf

Omni said:
ive already told you that i refrain from making any hard stances until ive heard from everyone.
K.

Omni said:
i think it's scummy for people to start pegging players as scum or town when 2-3 people have barely posted and could potentially be possible candidates for both sides.
You seriously think it's concrete, not tentative, when it's that early O.o?

Omni

BRoomer
no, it's not concrete. it's suspicious.

as i said, i wouldn't even come to a concrete conclusion without the full casts' involvement. im suggesting that having any kind of "concrete" stance on anyone early game is suspicious

#HBC | Dancer

Simple: his objectives aren't scummy while giving me enough of a stance to say he's not null.

Yes, some of his actions have pointed to null behavior. Saying "**** RVS," going after inactives, his first few posts in the game, they're null. But he came in here with a motive not to let RVS last longer than he intended. He pulled it off. He's called you on **** and actually went after you. He's not beating around the bush, like some players are (hi felipe, inferno to an extent), he's actually moving the game along in directions that could benefit town. I don't exactly agree with this "hey let's lynch RR now" thing, but that's the only issue I've had with him since the game began.

It's not strong, no, but it's the 4th page of D1. Nothing is really substantial at this point. I'm pretty sure I said it's viable to change but he's not really doing anything now to do that.

also, it's ante, not anti.
Isn't this reasoning for liking Omni applicable to RR? He came in here with the same intent. So why vote him?

#HBC | Dancer

RR is Town, in my opinion.

While in all honesty the way he played it and the way he did things is incredibly odd, and his behavior and intent doesn't reek of scum, it reeks of town attempting something and falling flat on his face.

You could imply that is Backpedaling, but to what extent? RR saw what he was doing was in negative fashion and decided to actually play the game.

I think these things would be obvious and I don't understand why Omni is still pushing RR.
Okay, Omni can say what he wants about this, but Soup is town. Soup going against the tide of the RR push to actually speak his own mind is very typical brownie townie Soup.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I'm looking at the latest discussion and I can't agree more that Brosuke is looking a little weird, but that's not where i'm going to put my vote.

In #191 this paragraph bothers me the most.

If he really is town, he'd never ask to get himself lynched. That's just... wow.
If he really is town, he'd know that people would kill him after killing Omni, if Omni was town. That would be two townies dead.
He never was going to try and get himself lynched, he was trying to call Omni's bluff and fell flat on his face; even RR knows when to quit a gambit when it isn't working.

Why do I feel you're playing dumb to the whole situation? Did you not read what happened before? I think it should be really clear as to why we've deciphered that RR is just DumbTown.

That said, I'm going to parrot Omni for a moment and say that I am intrigued about this scum-read on RR.

So he knew that people would know it's a gambit. And if he is town, he'd know that people would get on his penis for it. Why would a town want people to get at him while that effort can be used scumhunting? I can see the whole "hurdurrr reactions, i want em" idea, but this is definitely not a good way to go about that. I don't even see how any well-thinking town would do this.
I see many reasons as to why RR would do this as town and i've elaborated on them here.

Omni also had a good excuse for his vote and something to do for the start of the game. His comments on Red Ruy were never feeling like real scumhunting to me.
Not to mention Omni's unvote from Red Ruy was grimy as ****. [/quo9te]

You're right they seemed more like defense but I don't understand why you're being so selective with everything, to say. I'm sure you can see the townie intent in Omni's actions, right?

It was weird to me that Gorf didn't comment on Red Ruy's gambit when it happened. Him pressuring Inferno looks unfruitful and an easy way to not have to deal with a lot of things that were going on.
I agree with your read on Inferno and I was considering putting my vote on him.

#HBC | Dancer

unvote

ok. glad we can be over this and move on.

i don't think there is any validity in people looking at my responses to your gambit, RR. however, i do believe there is validity in how people respond and the lack thereof. of course, we have a few coasters at the moment due largely to v/la but i could imagine the power of obvtown omni being a good bus for scum to ride.

RR is right that i have no made any stances aside from the dumb/scum train.

i've made several observations about how some of you are responding to each other and there are a few little things that catch my eye. however, i try to refrain from handing down any kind of verdict or heavy accusation of scum/town until everyone has posted and given me enough information to assess the company in its own.

ramble, ramble, ramble

we need more from chaco, felipe, brosuke, and J. i urge that we all keep pressure on inactives once we're halfway into the Day and be willing to lynch players who simply aren't contributing. posting senseless **** creates more conversation then posting nuthin.
Hmmmm

Mixed feelings over this. As Gorf pointed out, talks a lot without really saying much, but he's kinda saved by the fact that he's so blatantly honest about how he's deliberately not trying to say much. Seems risky for scum to say something like this. Maybe Omni scum realizes this, but eh, that would imply that he posted this with the intent to make us think this which would be thinking really far ahead. Get town vibes from this.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

Voted |
Voter(s)
|
Votes to lynch

Brosuke |
J, Omni, Gorf​
|
3 / 7​

Omni |
Bardull​
|
1 / 7​

WashedLaundry |
Soupamario​
|
1 / 7​

Red Ryu |
WashedLaundry, Brosuke​
|
2 / 7​
---​

Not voting: Inferno, Chaco, felipe_9595, Red Ryu, Sworddancer;

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Vote Brosuke

Yea I'm not liking the whole analysis of RR's play, it doesn't make sense.
I don't like it and I don't think it makes sense, but i'm going to give leeway as I'm looking somewhere else right now.

#HBC | Dancer

God this game. I admit I skimmed a lot of the later pages.

This is probably what I'm looking at right now, though I've been tunneling since my mind's been entertaining a Gorf/RR/Omni combination.

Lean Scum:
Red Ruy/Gorf/Omni

Irks me:
Bardull
WashedLaundry
Chaco

Town:
Soup
Inferno

Dat controversial list. I'll be more active from later today onwards.
Very odd list of reads. Town I agree with. Gorf I can see a bit, just cus Inferno is an easy, isolated, push (was going to go into more detail on this later, but it seems like he's not pushing Inferno anymore? (haven't reed)). Bardull and Chaco haven't really done anything, so I hav no idea why they irk you. Could you define "irk?" Irk as in scummy, or just annoying? WL needs explaining.

#HBC | Dancer

Well to start, that comment on Brosuke is the first thing I can recall seeing of you commenting on something that ISN'T drilling stupidity or inactivity. You're really quick to call people inactive or dumb, but it doesn't seem like you've done much of anything yourself aside from physically being present...
Hey Gorf, do you recall Melee mafia? FF in Melee mafia? Not considering my opinion, when you made this posts, would you compare Omni's play to FF play there?

#HBC | Dancer

I don't like Red Ruy because, well, this gambit of his is just dumb as hell.

If he really is town, he'd never ask to get himself lynched. That's just... wow.
If he really is town, he'd know that people would kill him after killing Omni, if Omni was town. That would be two townies dead.

So he knew that people would know it's a gambit. And if he is town, he'd know that people would get on his penis for it. Why would a town want people to get at him while that effort can be used scumhunting? I can see the whole "hurdurrr reactions, i want em" idea, but this is definitely not a good way to go about that. I don't even see how any well-thinking town would do this.

During all this, Red Ruy had time to be able to say "hey guys i did plenty day1".

Omni also had a good excuse for his vote and something to do for the start of the game. His comments on Red Ruy were never feeling like real scumhunting to me.
Not to mention Omni's unvote from Red Ruy was grimy as ****.

It was weird to me that Gorf didn't comment on Red Ruy's gambit when it happened. Him pressuring Inferno looks unfruitful and an easy way to not have to deal with a lot of things that were going on.

There's more but I forgot. I'll try to reread a bit later today.
Your reasoning about RR is narrow minded.

It's true that it doesn't make too much sense from a town pov what he did, but what about a scum pov? Why would any "well thinking scum" do that? They wouln't, or at least they shouldn't, so that's why you should of toke that as null. Also you haven't really taken into consideration what else he has done (at least from what I can tell you haven't).

Can you explain why Omni's unvote was grimy? Are you considering both RR and Omni to be scum (you said you were entertaining a possible three man connection between them), and if so why?

I can see your point about Gorf. I to saw him ignore the whole RR vs. Omni thing even though he was here, and instead isolated himself with a push on Inferno. I didn't want to comment about this at the time (if you go back and read my one of my earlier posts I state that I wanted to refrain from commenting on Gorf at the time), because I wanted to give him rope to see how far he would take it. Didn't seem like he took it too far so ehh, I'll say mild suspicion on Gorf.

What do you think of Gorf now that's he has moved away from it?

#HBC | Dancer

Omni, several times this game, even before Brosuke, you've stated that you were suspicious of people getting strong reads so early on. Could you share us anyone you had in mind?

@inactives (you know who you are): Reads on Inferno, Gorf, and Omni. First one to answer gets extra town points from me. ^.^

That's all for now, time to study.

#HBC | Gorf

Swords said:
Hey Gorf, do you recall Melee mafia? FF in Melee mafia? Not considering my opinion, when you made this posts, would you compare Omni's play to FF play there?
Vaguely. I'm getting moreso of null vibes with Omni on this where I got scum vibes from Frozen in Melee maf. Iirc, Frozen posted very sparcely, and the sum of his D1 posts were poking a twig at a buncha little things, saying either "Wow you guys seriously?" or "This is kinda weird." to insignificant things. Omni's been super active here, and drilling one topic. It urks me that most of his play has been talking a lot without really saying much, but I'm willing to give him some time to back up his "I don't like giving reads without everyone's input" stance, but all in all I don't quite see the resemblence.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Nah, I just had to do other things first. Getting to this game now though.

I may though hydra with someone if the mod allows it, but till then I'm gonna start from my last post and read. =3

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
12. J - You get to pick one person to kill, one person to protect, and one person to investigate. Who do you pick for each and why?
I actually don't know yet because I am trying to figure out who I wanna lynch at the current time. I would protect Soupa because I am absolutely in love with his play this game and it feels like an entirely different player.

Then I'd investigate/kill one of Brosuke/Gorf. Could see myself visiting Swords in the night with an investigative but that's one I'm going back and forth on. However, I'd probably like a cleared/condemned Swords because he is a great asset/enemy regardless of alignment.

Hey J, let's chat, what do you think of Soup thus far?
Towny. He is my strongest town lean I have at the current time and I haven't seen anything to call him out on as of yet besides the fact that he is saying that he has a lot of town reads at the current time without a lot of scum-reads, but that's Soupa.

unvote vote RR

Voting you because your reasoning for what you've done so far doesn't really make sense (to be clear, not because of your "gambit," I take that entirely as null).
I don't like this from you Swords. =[ Your vote on RR seems almost mechanical and the way you have to justify it by saying "I am not voting you because of your gambit but because it doesn't make sense." You even mark that the gambit is null. This vote just makes me wary of you.

God this game. I admit I skimmed a lot of the later pages.

This is probably what I'm looking at right now, though I've been tunneling since my mind's been entertaining a Gorf/RR/Omni combination.

Lean Scum:
Red Ruy/Gorf/Omni
I thought you were joking when you said Gorf/RR/Omni combo but then you actually post it in a reads list and I'm just sitting here like:

I am not getting this at all nor do I agree to your logic behind it when you did try explaining it because it is just not well thought out. Omni scum-read seems really out of place and really reliant on RRscum. Is there any scummy actions you find of Omni besides the RR gambit?

I'd also like some more about your Gorfscum read because that's something I'm entertaining as well.

~~~~~~~
Break-time with a little side-commentary on events:

My opinion of what I got from the RRvOmni debate is a strong town lean on RR and a slight town lean on Omni. I don't get the hullabaloo of the entire argument getting out of hand a bit but I liked the conversation it brought about among the other players in this game. I liked Omni's logic attacking it but for me it's more null *in fact most of his posts until now have been null* What I like from him that is making him more town is his Brosuke attack is well-thought through and his rebuttal to Gorf about doing things.

RR is more town because I see town intent in his actions over scum-intent. I am gettting really confused when people like Brosuke are saying that they see scum-intent and not town intent because it just does not make sense even with the little explanations that have been brought.
~~~~~~~

Perfect seg-way from the break! =D

My RR scum read is the fact that I don't see town intent in his play, neither do I see scum hunting.
This is what I am talking about. How do you not see scum-hunting from RR and you need to show the scum-intent much thoroughly.

@inactives (you know who you are): Reads on Inferno, Gorf, and Omni. First one to answer gets extra town points from me. ^.^
Inferno is a null very slight town read. He hasn't done much in the sense of moving this game forward since his questions post but I have nothing scummy from him. I think Gorf's attack on him is reaching and seems easy to push that route.

Gorf is a scum-lean so far because I dislike his push on Inferno, I dislike his slight push on Omni, and then he goes along with Omni to vote Brosuke? His actions are just not piling up as towny to me especially considering he isn't doing much with what he is saying and seems to be somewhat cautious as to how he answers things.

Omni is explained above as leaning town. =P

Alright so as in terms of my vote I am going to be keeping it on Brosuke until he gives me a good reason to take it off of him. Right now, I see no reason to as I don't like his posts.

If a Gorf wagon started, I may switch to him but for now I like Brosuke as the D1 lynch. =D

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Come on man, I know you can do it.

I promise I won't post anything longer than that till late gameish if I'm still around because I just needed to catch up and I've been good with walls laetly. So if you accomplish this it'll be good for you. =D

#HBC | Gorf

J said:
Gorf is a scum-lean so far because I dislike his push on Inferno, I dislike his slight push on Omni, and then he goes along with Omni to vote Brosuke? His actions are just not piling up as towny to me especially considering he isn't doing much with what he is saying and seems to be somewhat cautious as to how he answers things.
K, about Inferno, what did you think about me backing off of it after I got what I wanted out of it? Are any of my points against Omni WRONG? I mean I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, and giving him some time to conjour up his thoughts (mostly cuz he's moved on from drilling RR)... And I didn't quite vote Brosuke in order to tag along with Omni, I didn't like the post at all. Omni just happened to start up the wagon and I expressed my being down to ride with it.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
WHY MY INTERNET GOES OUT JUST WHEN I JOIN A MAFIA GAME

Will not be able to post until monday (i am on a cyber cafe right now, still have 40 mintues left so i am going to reread, fell free to ask)

#HBC | Dancer

Away the rest of the day due to smashfest, and probably won't be posting much tomorrow due to studying which I'm behind in.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Dat awkward moment when the only reads you can get are the reads that everyone haves .-.

Inb4Sheep

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Also, WHY RR. WHY YOU HAVE TO MAKE THOSE KIND OF GAMBITS. THEY DONT WORK.

Really, this was way more stupid than my Gambit on Higurashi Mafia.

Top Bottom