• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia | Day 4 starts | Deadline: 1st Feb [11:59pm CET]

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I don't like Red Ruy because, well, this gambit of his is just dumb as hell.

If he really is town, he'd never ask to get himself lynched. That's just... wow.
If he really is town, he'd know that people would kill him after killing Omni, if Omni was town. That would be two townies dead.

So he knew that people would know it's a gambit. And if he is town, he'd know that people would get on his penis for it. Why would a town want people to get at him while that effort can be used scumhunting? I can see the whole "hurdurrr reactions, i want em" idea, but this is definitely not a good way to go about that. I don't even see how any well-thinking town would do this.

During all this, Red Ruy had time to be able to say "hey guys i did plenty day1".

Omni also had a good excuse for his vote and something to do for the start of the game. His comments on Red Ruy were never feeling like real scumhunting to me.
Not to mention Omni's unvote from Red Ruy was grimy as ****.

It was weird to me that Gorf didn't comment on Red Ruy's gambit when it happened. Him pressuring Inferno looks unfruitful and an easy way to not have to deal with a lot of things that were going on.

There's more but I forgot. I'll try to reread a bit later today.
I like this post a lot. It sums up my thoughts on situations in a pretty concise manner.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Since it seems Bronar got a good chunk of flak for that post, I think I should explain a little why I agree with it:

While I will admit I've been misinterpreting Red Ruy's intentions practically since the start of this game, I don't really understand his methodology or his reasoning. That's mostly why I agree with Bronar's post. Not so much the "why would Red Ruy do this as town" part, moreso this part:

I can see the whole "hurdurrr reactions, i want em" idea, but this is definitely not a good way to go about that.
I don't know Omni's meta or experience, but I thought it was a bad way to elicit reactions, even from others, because of its obviousness or its extreme nature that early in the game. Should Omni have overreacted (plausible if you disregard all kinds of meta), that's playing directly into scum's hands. Should he not realize exactly what you were doing, he probably would've blown it off and nothing would've been gained. There were a lot of ways that could've gone wrong.

However, in hindsight, I can see that Red Ruy probably went into this with some idea of how Omni would react to that kind of gambit and that his motives were actually a lot better. Throw in Swordy's point and I realize that Red Ruy's game really hasn't been too scummy at all, and that I've just been misinterpreting it.

unvote

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Actually on second readthrough I disagree with a good majority of the rest of it. It was just his idea that Red Ruy's gambit could've easily backfired that I disagreed with.

Now back to Red Ruy's request.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I don't know what to think of WL's back and forth on Xonar's post, but it just makes me look at WL differently.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
curious as to RR's very quick and sudden aggression. i predict him being lynched d1 or d2 if he's kept his same habits from when i use to play with him

there have been no threats. i just made a prediction. are you tense, RR? why haven't you fully explained to me what you meant by the word "transparent" yet? i've asked 3 times but i dont feel like you've directly answered this yet. i found it to be an odd choice of a word

dont like rvs. waste of time imo. links "could" be drawn out but scum can just as easily create those disconnects on purpose via rvs. so there is no real merit to rvs imo
i can't tell if RR is trolling or not. i believe he's done this a few games where he opens up with a ridiculous opening followed by being lynched later that day for pissing off everyone

hey RR

stop wasting our time
It's not a lot but these are posts of his that I particularly liked. I realize, in hindsight, I must've bull****ted something about stances as the only clear and definitive one he took was on you. I dunno where I got it from. /shrug

The rest of these have sentiments I either agree with or find ProTown even if I disagree with the methods.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well, WL, since your vote is now unoccupied.

Where do you see yourself giving it to now? =3

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Axel [J / Zen hydra] enters the game in place of J.

---

Voted |
Voter(s)
|
Votes to lynch

Brosuke |
J, Omni, Gorf​
|
3 / 7​

Omni |
Bardull​
|
1 / 7​

WashedLaundry |
Soupamario​
|
1 / 7​

Red Ryu |
Brosuke​
|
1 / 7​
---​

Not voting: Inferno, Chaco, felipe_9595, Red Ryu, Sworddancer, WashedLaundry;

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
WOAH ZEN. THIS IS COOL.

But yea I gotta say it's convenient that you went back on that agreeing with Xonar thing in that way Laundry. Not ready to call you scum on it yet but O_O

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
no but seriously the cast of this game is shockingly similar to the cast of pulp fiction, except there's no ee, ranmaru, or ryker.

Axel

J|Zεη
Except not really. o_o

There are only a few of the same people in this game from PF. Or are you talking about skill/the like?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Except not really. o_o

There are only a few of the same people in this game from PF. Or are you talking about skill/the like?
Yep. Main players here are main players there other than you don't have a Ran to ***** at Soup all game and an EE to lurk all game until endgame. Chaco is your Circus and Omni's angry enough to be your Ryker. :v

no but seriously this is irrelevant

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
rereading since i last left

@Gouf: think of what?

@J: pretty much posted what i would have posted in response to WL.

@Axel: aww ****

@WL: so are u fine with Brosuke dying or what

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Guys I really want to skim every post right now but I'm trying to not fall into mediocrity so here I go.

I like J's #228 and it seems most of us are on page regarding brosuke, but it seems that there is wavering opinions on Gorf.

Inferno is a null very slight town read. He hasn't done much in the sense of moving this game forward since his questions post but I have nothing scummy from him. I think Gorf's attack on him is reaching and seems easy to push that route.

Gorf is a scum-lean so far because I dislike his push on Inferno, I dislike his slight push on Omni, and then he goes along with Omni to vote Brosuke? His actions are just not piling up as towny to me especially considering he isn't doing much with what he is saying and seems to be somewhat cautious as to how he answers things.
I'm the opposite, I like Gorf's push on Inferno and I feel that inferno is being inconsistent with his thoughts so far, I would really love to see him be more active and that is another gripe I have.

How did you read Inferno's opening posts?

Axel

J|Zεη
I read Inferno's opening posts as null. =P

WL, alright well the thing you brought up may be irrelevant but I still have a question regarding your vote that isn't really irrelevant that's still there.

#HBC | ѕoup

Since it seems Bronar got a good chunk of flak for that post, I think I should explain a little why I agree with it:

While I will admit I've been misinterpreting Red Ruy's intentions practically since the start of this game, I don't really understand his methodology or his reasoning. That's mostly why I agree with Bronar's post. Not so much the "why would Red Ruy do this as town" part, moreso this part:

I don't know Omni's meta or experience, but I thought it was a bad way to elicit reactions, even from others, because of its obviousness or its extreme nature that early in the game. Should Omni have overreacted (plausible if you disregard all kinds of meta), that's playing directly into scum's hands. Should he not realize exactly what you were doing, he probably would've blown it off and nothing would've been gained. There were a lot of ways that could've gone wrong.

However, in hindsight, I can see that Red Ruy probably went into this with some idea of how Omni would react to that kind of gambit and that his motives were actually a lot better. Throw in Swordy's point and I realize that Red Ruy's game really hasn't been too scummy at all, and that I've just been misinterpreting it.

unvote
I understand your point but i disagree, RR has already given him enough of a target on his back and even to step up and use a gambit on a player like Omni is pushing it.

Axel

J|Zεη
They are pretty much just questions that anyone could poise and ironically enough a lot of the questions are questions I poise as either alignment. There's not much to go off of his opening posts at the beginning of the game and I think Inferno, himself, is being more in the spotlight by others actions regarding those posts I find null. (i.e. Gorf/Xonar both have varying degrees of strong reads on those slots)

#HBC | ѕoup

They are pretty much just questions that anyone could poise and ironically enough a lot of the questions are questions I poise as either alignment. There's not much to go off of his opening posts at the beginning of the game and I think Inferno, himself, is being more in the spotlight by others actions regarding those posts I find null. (i.e. Gorf/Xonar both have varying degrees of strong reads on those slots)
Understandable, but what about the intent of posting them?

Axel

J|Zεη
Null, but if I must pick a side to which one I would have to most likely guess would be leaning town as I had said when talking about my Inferno read.

Omni

BRoomer
im not exactly sure how im supposed to feel

i wish he was active. or i wish Zen replaced him. i gave my large discontent about from d1 regarding him being v/la. not much i can do if the guy's excuse is that he doesn't have internet.

regardless, if he fails to contribute anything by the end of the week and the mod doesn't replace him then he can die.

no point wasting any other kind of thought on him

Omni

BRoomer
fyi regarding Inferno

i dont sense any scumminess in his early posts nor the follow-ups.

i think the brosuke train is awesome. im curious about wickedlaundry.

and im weary of Chaco due to his not posting as frequent as id like-ness.

Zen considering your now J i would imagine that is a good thing. whats your take on WickedLaundry? do u agree with J?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
im not exactly sure how im supposed to feel

i wish he was active. or i wish Zen replaced him. i gave my large discontent about from d1 regarding him being v/la. not much i can do if the guy's excuse is that he doesn't have internet.

regardless, if he fails to contribute anything by the end of the week and the mod doesn't replace him then he can die.

no point wasting any other kind of thought on him
Alright cool, just making sure.

Chaco

Never Logs In
...really? I announced I'd be inactive in my first post due to work. I'll be home in a few hours and will post.

:mobile:

Omni

BRoomer
whats the point of a wagon if u dont want him to die

Top Bottom