• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia | Day 4 starts | Deadline: 1st Feb [11:59pm CET]

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i said that line because you quoted posts without making an actual statement or accusation.

nah, my stances weren't weak. they just weren't solidified because i was waiting for the rest of the cast to post. also, my point to saying that WL was mafia has nothing to do with me saying "haha cant be mafia" but moreso to the point that my suspicions were well placed

i dont get your point about town pressured. i dont think its pointless if your town. connections are made and some scum may try to wagon while others may be against it. a wagon is a wagon regardless of who it is and responding to pressure is a great way to get a good analysis of who thinks what with whatever kind of intensity they do. the second sentence follows is pretty much what im doing at this moment so thats confusing

regarding your wagon. no. WL was looking too suspicious. your wagon simply wasn't going to sail against his. so instead of just sitting there with my vote on u being like, 'hey guys, i think this guy is scum' it made more sense to move on to another player. this far into the game some players still hadn't posted anything of significance and i believe Axel was in the middle of a hydra fusion.

ive refuted nearly all your points. stop being silly

Omni

BRoomer
hunting anti-town is red because hunting for anti-town is weak? ok. what does that prove? it's been my playstyle since forever to kill of anti-town and i stated in the beginning of the game that i approve of doing so. this is nothing new so regardless if u agree with my approach or not has nothing to do with a case on me being scummy

i feel like

ur just talking now, brosuke. your addressing and touching certain points but as i said in my previous post at the end you're not addressing the main issue: is Omni scum? im reading your posts from a third person perspective just to see if i can lean on your case but at the end of each posts im left wondering if ur really calling me out on being scum or simply disagreeing with how i approach mafia

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
D1 Omni was inconsistent, reactionary, picked easy targets, fluffy. I could go on and on about how going after inactives that hard is weird and almost asking for free lynches, but that's up to your interpretation. It could be his playstyle...
You're still hammering inactives WAY too hard for my liking. I don't care how you feel what I'm doing, I just know that you unsettle me and I'm gonna keep this up 'til I'm either satisfied with you, you're dead or there's a better path for town to take.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Also, just to make this clear, hunting anti town is in contradiction with towns win condition this game; killing all scum and indy.
Why?
Anti town doesn't mean indy/scum, especially not in the cases that you applied it too.

It's not a matter of mafia playing style, it's a matter of your 'style' being anti town scummy in itself, especially when writing it off as a style.

Omni

BRoomer
You're still hammering inactives WAY too hard for my liking. I don't care how you feel what I'm doing, I just know that you unsettle me and I'm gonna keep this up 'til I'm either satisfied with you, you're dead or there's a better path for town to take.
i don't care if you don't like that i'm hammering inactives, Brosuke.

what i care about is do you find this action scummy or not? i dont like your posting style, your posting habits, and i disagree with a lot of how you approach the game. im not going call you scum cuz of it.

Also, just to make this clear, hunting anti town is in contradiction with towns win condition this game; killing all scum and indy.
Why?
Anti town doesn't mean indy/scum, especially not in the cases that you applied it too.

It's not a matter of mafia playing style, it's a matter of your 'style' being anti town scummy in itself, especially when writing it off as a style.
anti-town includes all scum (mafia/indy) and anyone that will be a nuisance end game. removing any of those aspects helps town. again, this is another playstyle issue that ur addressing that u disagree with me about but ur not necessarily calling me scum for

so here's another question (i've asked quite a few that you haven't answered so far)

do you find me anti-town or scummy? because im starting to get the idea that its the former and not the latter

Omni

BRoomer
fyi, styles are null. especially if they're consistent with how the player normally plays mafia

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
i don't care if you don't like that i'm hammering inactives, Brosuke.

what i care about is do you find this action scummy or not?
I think I wasn't clear enough.

The degree that you're taking inactive hunting is scummy.

We're already lynching Felipe should he **** this day up, but guess what, there are still six days left. Same could be said for KeviM.

anti-town includes all scum (mafia/indy) and anyone that will be a nuisance end game. removing any of those aspects helps town. again, this is another playstyle issue that ur addressing that u disagree with me about but ur not necessarily calling me scum for
Our (towns) main (only?) weapon to WIN THIS GAME is a lynch. Using this to remove nuisances is scummy.

so here's another question (i've asked quite a few that you haven't answered so far)
Mind lining them up? I figured I skipped a few I didn't deem worth answering or I already deemed answered to satisfactory degree.

do you find me anti-town or scummy? because im starting to get the idea that its the former and not the latter
Here's the thing, some things you do are scummy, some things you do are anti town, some things you do are both. It's weird because I see scum things in your play, but then I see anti town and then writing that off as playing style difference is not satisfactory.

Omni

BRoomer
first point: i disagree. ive explained why. the fact that you think felipe is living is pretty much the reason why i think inactives or severely anti-town players should be lynched on the spot. how are you entertaining the idea of felipe not dying is beyond me since the only thing keeping him alive in your behalf is meta.

and yes i understand there six days left. my vote on Felipe is because i want him to speak the **** up and stop sitting on his thumb. at this point it doesnt look he'll be doing anything so i decided to unvote him since he is a lost hope

second point: ok. well the fact that no things that i do seem townie validates my point that you're scumgoggling me. ive responded to all your points but it doesnt seem you will agree with them

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
second point: ok. well the fact that no things that i do seem townie validates my point that you're scumgoggling me. ive responded to all your points but it doesnt seem you will agree with them
No it doesn't.

I want every player not Omni/Xonar/Axel to post an opinion on Omni in the next post. Concrete. Reasoning.

Omni

BRoomer
sure it does. your posts have been entirely objective in which nearly every point made about me was an attempt to show that i am anti-town/scummy. you completely omitted any townie brownie points i could or should have.

the term is called tunneling.

i welcome the opinions, tho.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I feel like this argument between you two has already been played out. Anyways a point I will agree with Brosuke is that it's too early to focus the lynch on an inactive. I am fine with having Felipe as the fallback lynch, but there's no reason to set his lynch in stone.

@Omni - Assume that Felipe and KevinM can't be lynched. Who are you gonna go for?

Axel

J|Zεη
because i can't find someone i'd pair Gorf up with as scum. the town reads were derived due to Gorf's disconnections amongst other reasons. also, i find brosuke scummy so he fits the boot of a player i find pretty safe to keep alive

this specific stance: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14023957&postcount=77
These are the people in the game

1. Inferno3044
2. KevinM
3. Brosuke
4. Gorf
5. Soupamario
6. felipe_9595
7. Bardull
9. Red_Ryu
10. Omni
11. Sworddancer
12. Axel

You have town reads on Inferno, RR, Brosuke, and Soupa.

1. Inferno3044
9. Red_Ryu
5. Soupamario

You "don't trust" (The closest you have gotten to actually calling someone scum this game) on:

Axel
Xonar
Kevin
Felipe

[collapse=Reference Quote]
Omni]I think RR said:
Omni]I think RR said:
[/I] reads? If Gordito is not connected with a towns person that says absolutely nothing about whether or not he is scum or not. Should you not be judging is alignment based on connections/disconnections he has with your scum reads?

-If I claimed that I think Player X is scum and that I think Player Y is not connected with him. The conclusion that Player Y is completely reasonable.

-If I claimed to think that Player X is town and that I think Player Y is not connected with him, that concludes nothing about Player Y's alignment.

Yes Xonar is the only one in that list you are basing your town read on Gord from, but you still haven't even out right accused Xonar to be scum. I don't even think you actually do. If you do, and this is your sole reason for your Gordito town read, then show me the Gorf/Xonar disconnection that you obtained from d1.
[/COLOR]

With regards to the red, I asked you specifically to explain your read on Gorf for me and his "disconnections" were the reasons you gave me? Now you're saying you have more (yet you didn't even mention them in that post). Please explain to me these other reasons :smash:.

I'd thought I'd comment on this as well.
regarding your wagon. no. WL was looking too suspicious. your wagon simply wasn't going to sail against his. so instead of just sitting there with my vote on u being like, 'hey guys, i think this guy is scum' it made more sense to move on to another player. this far into the game some players still hadn't posted anything of significance and i believe Axel was in the middle of a hydra fusion.
You're claiming that you unvoted Xonar because someone else was scummier so your wagon on him wouldn't have gotten anywhere. So then why did you simply unvote instead of placing your vote on someone else? You're saying your vote was useless on Xonar. Wouldn't it be just as useless (or more) being on no one?

Furthermore, it wasn't until later that you decided to place your vote on someone else (Felipe). Do you feel that the Felipe wagon had a chance of beating the Washed wagon? If so, why if washed was so scummy to you and was inactive?

We riding this.

Omni

BRoomer
@Omni - Assume that Felipe and KevinM can't be lynched. Who are you gonna go for?
Totally Brosuke with a side of Axel. Same concept as of yesterday during the WL push.

Brosuke was going to my first push directly after Felipe and Kevin's interpretation of Day 1. As I said a while ago, I want to avoid taking strong stances (such as this) without the entire casts' input.

I think the case vs. Brosuke is a bit obvious, but I intend on making it clear why I think he's scum. Before that, I think everyone should weigh in on me and answer Brosuke's questions regarding me. Very curious to see if this wagon will actually move. More curious to see if any persons' opinion of me has changed/stayed the same and for what reasons.

Axel

J|Zεη
EBWOP: -If I claimed that I think Player X is scum and that I think Player Y is not connected with him. The conclusion that Player Y is not scum is completely reasonable.

Inferno who are your scum reads right now? Are you voting anyone? I can't remember. Vote someone please if you aren't.

Omni

BRoomer
because i can't find someone i'd pair Gorf up with as scum. the town reads were derived due to Gorf's disconnections amongst other reasons. also, i find brosuke scummy so he fits the boot of a player i find pretty safe to keep alive

this specific stance: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14023957&postcount=77
These are the people in the game

1. Inferno3044
2. KevinM
3. Brosuke
4. Gorf
5. Soupamario
6. felipe_9595
7. Bardull
9. Red_Ryu
10. Omni
11. Sworddancer
12. Axel

You have town reads on Inferno, RR, Brosuke, and Soupa.

1. Inferno3044
9. Red_Ryu
5. Soupamario

Pausing here. My read on Brosuke made me feel better about him for a small period of time. This was earlier when I made my initial push on him and he responded in well... Xonar mode. Time went by and by time I mean Xonar posting every other post. That feeling faded. We'll continue:

You "don't trust" (The closest you have gotten to actually calling someone scum this game) on:

Axel
Xonar
Kevin
Felipe

[collapse=Reference Quote]
Omni said:
I think RR, Inferno, and Gouf are fine. After the reread, I'm slighty more weary (or should I say more aware) of Soupa. Don't trust Axel's slot at the moment. Don't trust Chaco. Don't trust you. Sorta' holding hands with Brodancer. Maybe Bardull, too. But I think I may be too naive to hold hands with them at the moment.
[/collapse]

So when judging Gordito's alignment, why would you base it off disconnections he has with your Town reads? If Gordito is not connected with a towns person that says absolutely nothing about whether or not he is scum or not. Should you not be judging is alignment based on connections/disconnections he has with your scum reads?
Yes, but with Gouf I said the # of disconnections that were made. Gouf is one of the few players that I cannot connect a scummate with.

-If I claimed that I think Player X is scum and that I think Player Y is not connected with him. The conclusion that Player Y is completely reasonable.

-If I claimed to think that Player X is town and that I think Player Y is not connected with him, that concludes nothing about Player Y's alignment.

Yes Xonar is the only one in that list you are basing your town read on Gord from, but you still haven't even out right accused Xonar to be scum. I don't even think you actually do. If you do, and this is your sole reason for your Gordito town read, then show me the Gorf/Xonar disconnection that you obtained from d1.
I already said Xonar wasn't the sole reason for my town read. I said it specifically in my response post to you that it was a combination of the disconnects and Xonar. What are you reading, sir?

With regards to the red, I asked you specifically to explain your read on Gorf for me and his "disconnections" were the reasons you gave me? Now you're saying you have more (yet you didn't even mention them in that post). Please explain to me these other reasons :smash:.
My read on Gorf is that he comes off as townie. Nothing about him strikes me as scum. His D1 play interaction with Inferno and Brosuke did not lift any brows. And his continued posting since then has not raised any flags. The combined disconnections just sit as the foundation.

He's like Inferno: Doesn't rub me the wrong way. Pretty agreeable. Doesn't seem too suspicios. The same applies to post-gambit RR.

Lastly, he leans more town towards me because I find most others not to be trusted.

I'd thought I'd comment on this as well.
You're claiming that you unvoted Xonar because someone else was scummier so your wagon on him wouldn't have gotten anywhere. So then why did you simply unvote instead of placing your vote on someone else? You're saying your vote was useless on Xonar. Wouldn't it be just as useless (or more) being on no one?

Furthermore, it wasn't until later that you decided to place your vote on someone else (Felipe). Do you feel that the Felipe wagon had a chance of beating the Washed wagon? If so, why if washed was so scummy to you and was inactive?
there was no one to vote. WL's wagon already overtook the Brosuke wagon. switching my vote to WL, who at the time stopped responding completely would have meant nothing. i stated that i was fine with him dying and that i weary of him. why does my vote at that point in time necessarily need to be on someone, Axel? my stances and intentions were made clear without the vote, but the goal was to create a wagon. voting someone else and/or voting WL would have no effect on the wagon currently being built on WL and at that point in time i was anxious for WL to respond so we move back over to Brosuke eventually. alas, the guy never came to

the vote on Felipe was to get him to wake up and start posting. the Felipe wagon never had a chance of beating WL because WL was actually scummy whereas Felipe was inactive. WL, however, was not originally inactive unlike Felipe. as i just said tho, the sole purpose to wagon Felipe was to put pressure on him to actually play the game. i still am in extremely dislike of you and Brosuke for being okay with Felipe's play up to this point ESPECIALLY when he finally began posting. it was like his severe lack of contribution combined with extremely anti-town play was ignored for some strange meta that i am completely unaware of.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I've elaborated on Felipe on multiple occasions already. Hell, I even said I'm going to jump on his lynch today if he keeps this on, because I agree to not wanting him in endgame.

Omni

BRoomer
I've elaborated on Felipe on multiple occasions already. Hell, I even said I'm going to jump on his lynch today if he keeps this on, because I agree to not wanting him in endgame.
dude. back up. what do you mean Day 2 red flag? i'm not following you.

i was more peeved at your explanation regarding Felipe following directly after his post at the end of D1. that's cool that your opinion has changed now, but that doesn't change that my intent toDay was to get a new wagon started on you with WL out the way and Kev/Felipe properly sharing their thoughts on D1.

we'll talk about u later tho. right now the focus is me and whether or not this wagon is going anywhere so let people chime in on what they've heard. i dont see your argument getting any stronger

Axel

J|Zεη
@Omni:

wrt Xonar what I'm saying is that you're claiming the reason you stopped perusing Xonar was because it wasn't going anywhere so your vote meant nothing on him.
Omni said:
The thing is, you didn't move onto another player like you're claiming. You simply Unvoted. So your reasons weren't to move onto another player, otherwise you would have.

wrt Gordito you listed 4 people that you don't see him being scumates with. 3 of which are your town reads. That leaves 6 other people he could be scummates with. To say that he must not be scum due to the fact that he has disconnections with 4 people is simply invalid my man. Show me the reason why you don't see him being scum with any of the other 6 people and I'll let it go.

Omni

BRoomer
incorrect, bro.

me removing my vote from Xonar meant that i was fine with WL's wagon being the main center of attraction. WL would have been my next pick after the Xonar wagon. basically, there were two wagons. one with Xonar with me and i think Gouf on there. and one with WL with Xonar and some other people on there. i didnt see the Xonar wagon getting more attention thus removing my vote from Xonar essentially makes WL's wagon the flavor of the moment, which in this case also fit my needs

fyi on gouf, i didnt now draw up a detailed analysis of his connections with everyone in the game. i drew up 4-5 disconnections. then looked at everyone else separately. couldn't really pair him up. left it at that. you're asking for me to give a very detailed analysis on town read Gouf when that level of detail of him being town doesn't exist. as i stated earlier, i have not seen anything from Gouf that rubbed me the wrong way aside from the one comment. and as i stated earlier i'm fine with him being alive coupled by the fact id also rather have certain others dead and others i simply don't trust.

i never stated something of the such, "he must not be scum due to the fact that he has 4 disconnections" and left it at that. i said the term "coupled" and "combined" several times, but it seems you're taking only one point leaving that as the only reason why i am comfortable with Gouef

Omni

BRoomer
for realsies, axel and xonar, lets call it quits here. theres been more than enough interaction

id love to sit back and respond to you guys all day, but i think we've exceeded more then enough time and information to allow the rest of the casts to review and give an opinion.

Omni

BRoomer
Ok Omni I catch your drift.
yay

to change topics until everyone else chimes in

no one died lastNight. do u think a power role with the ability to block should claim whether or not they targeted somebody (to protect or stop) and who?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

Voted |
Voter(s)
|
Votes to lynch

Bardull |
Soupamario​
|
1 / 6​

Soupamario |
Bardull​
|
1 / 6​

felipe_9595 |
Omni, Sworddancer., Red Ryu​
|
3 / 6​

Omni |
Brosuke, Axel​
|
2 / 6​
---​

Not voting: Inferno, KevinM, Gorf, felipe_9595l;

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
yay

to change topics until everyone else chimes in

no one died lastNight. do u think a power role with the ability to block should claim whether or not they targeted somebody (to protect or stop) and who?
Agreed on waiting for others.

Would love to see you answer first.

Omni

BRoomer
:urg:

well i asked cuz i was unsure but thinking about it...

id say... no. gheb's game is special so making any assumptions could make town dead. i am assuming that **** went down lastnight thus no deaths were made, but it could be the case that scum did not submit a kill. or they don't have the ability to kill. or something that i can't think of

but i think any cop results if available should always be given immediately

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
But isn't it more efficient to pressure others and leave Felipe be?

I will get a better read on Felipe if he's not under pressure.

Granted, it might make him contribute less, but what do you expect from him, really?

Voting Felipe right now is anti-town (not scummy per se) and NOT endorsed AT ALL by me.
I disagree.

Felipe will expose himself under pressure if he is scum.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Sorry for not posting, i made a 800 km travel to the middle of nowhere. Didnt expect to have internet :p

Okay, anythign interesting has happened?

Chaco

Never Logs In
This is so weird to me.

Why fake the :phone: thing? Man, Omni and Chaco this game are weird as ****.
In all honesty, if Gheb doesn't want this here he can remove it, but I post off m phone a lot but don't use the mobile skin and I thought that was the tag for it. I always type out the tags.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
In all honesty, if Gheb doesn't want this here he can remove it, but I post off m phone a lot but don't use the mobile skin and I thought that was the tag for it. I always type out the tags.
I've read it already, cannot unsee. I figured it could be something like that.

Axel

J|Zεη

voted |
voter(s)
|
votes to lynch

bardull |
soupamario​
|
1 / 6​

soupamario |
bardull​
|
1 / 6​

felipe_9595 |
omni, sworddancer., red ryu​
|
3 / 6​

omni |
brosuke, axel​
|
2 / 6​
---​

not voting: Inferno, kevinm, gorf, felipe_9595l;
^ ^^

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Felipe start reading stop asking. It's late which means in cranky and honestly the fact that you even ask like this makes it apparent that your town, which is even more frustrating.

I mean, I figure a scum would ask his scumbuddy.

Top Bottom