• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S #2 - The great famine | Indy wins!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Deadline will be extended until the 28th due to the number of replacements.
I will not replace any more players. Whoever doesn't post within the prod time limit will receive prods and modkills.
Deadline will be included in the votecounts from now on.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
So I said I was going to finish catching up but I didn't.

I get the general idea of things though, so...

Fine with a Xonar lynch going through.

Zen, reasoning for changing on July? I thought she was one of the people that you wanted in a town alliance...?

Vote: Xonar

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Xonar lynch works for me, but since we got this deadline extension, I'd really like to get something worthwhile from Marshy and Acro before hammer falls.

Town leans on Circus, BadWolf, Acrostic.
Aside from that first guy, these are pretty weird opinions. Reasoning for the BadWolf and Acro reads? Particularly curious about the latter since he has been gone for most of the Day.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Do you think the Xonar lynch is a good idea or are you just on the wagon 'cause that's the one that seemed to be rolling downhill when you replaced in?

Regarding BadWolf: scummy or just forum mafia newb? Am I wasting my time with him?

Answering questions I'm not asking isn't against the rules either.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i dont have many coherent thoughts about this game. i remember skimming along and being confused over xonars fixation with zen. i have forgotten most of my thoughts on this game and need to reread but probably wont cuz im fine with this wagon and the low energy level from town doesnt motivate me. this was mostly a favor for gheb and so thatd hed join my game when it comes around not that i wont try to win

something concrete is that if adumbs slot ever flips scum we can put badwolf as town/indy

:phone:

July

Smash Apprentice
Again, I don't see why you should care all that much about how I get my reads as long as I can present a case against them. Granted I won't always be right, but that would take some type of inside knowledge. Answer this, why do you care all that much about how I find people to be scum, rather than actually pursuing them?
I care for a couple reasons, the first one being that it is a pretty simple question and yet you've responded at least three times to the question without actually answering the question at hand. But that was X1's interactions with you and it wouldn't have bothered me enough to make me look at you if you had been giving reads or attempting to make a case and scumhunt on people. Instead, you flipped Xonar from "towny for life" to possible scum with Zen, and since then I feel like you've floated around with that. I care about how you find people to be scum AND how you actually pursue them because I don't see you doing either one yet.

In fact, I don't see you involved with the current events in the thread either, like the Xonar lynch; do you support it? Where will you look toMorrow if he flips scum? What if he flips town?

I'm worried about your ability to get reads because so far your lack of reads and of stances has resulted in a lack of content and commentary from you which has resulted in you drifting through the Day with a lack of reads or reason to stand on.

Was going to ask Zen the same question that Joey did.

I'd like to hear from Badwolf on those questions I just addressed and Zen's response to Joey's question but after that I'm ready for a Xonar lynch.

X1-12

Smash Champion
goramn it people, I go to sleep hoping I can wake up and hammer, am able to do so and people are talking about wanting answer before Day end.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
"I haven't read much since my last posts to Xonar. @Joey & July: Just gut paranoia

okay let's lynch now

also marshy is scum lol
"

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Voted |
Voter(s)
|
Votes to lynch

Ramen King |
Xonar​
|
1 / 6​

Acrostic |
adumbrodeus​
|
1 / 6​

Xonar |
Ramen King, July, Nabe, marshy, -Masquerain-​
|
5 / 6​

adumbrodeus |
Circus​
|
1 / 6​

---​

Not voting: X1-12, Acrostic, Badwolf;
Deadline: Last second of the 28th

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
**** this.

Don't hammer me. This is bull****.

Sure, I overthinked some things, does that make me scum? Nobody has yet to tell me how my actions are scummy, because looking at my thought process, they are totally legit. Maybe my thought process isn't sound, but that doesn't mean it's scummy.

What about looking somewhere else for ****s sake? We have 3 days left and Acro is coming back. I'm willing to just go X1 if Acrostic's replies are legitimate.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
@Bold: Are we scum? From your most recent post you say Xonar is leaning town, explain this read

@Underlined: I, and I'm pretty sure every single player other than you gets better reads when not in RVS. Its not something I care for and I prefer to just get on with the game.
:v this is so dumb

His next post is weird and fluffy.

I don't like how he repeated my question earlier, but eh. Not scummy, just odd. Why skim?
It's also odd that he says this "Yes, Yes you are. Why are you trying to imply that you're not", but maybe he just isn't that smart of a man. Not really points here, though, just worth noting.

Also, see this?
"From your most recent post you say Xonar is leaning town, explain this read"
=
"I don't get the Xonar love"
=
Semi-stances. Meh.

Then he asks everyone to vote Badwolf without even voting himself. That's just waijksdjkadnswat:v

His handling of Badwolf is weird. Some points are legit but not scumhunting at all. It's more feeling him out, but that doesn't line up with how he wants everyone to vote Badwolf.

yeah

has he even thrown down a vote? nope, never. has he spent all day arguing with townwolf without results? yes.

Sorry for the incohesiveness.

Like, I don't know if I'm just expecting too much out of him or what, but his actions seem to largely be a facade. His lack of vote, lack of (relevant) voice and wacko "hey do you have a scum read on me?" question makes my stomach turn.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Vote: Xonar

Was gonna let Acro come back to try to take advantage of the extension, but he'll probably come back with a big bag full o' nothing anyway, and that last post from Xonar was just begging for this. Town doesn't flail around like this. Not good town, anyway (and I expect Xonar to be good town). Trying to swing to Acro (easy) or X1 (out of the ****ing blue) at deadline is hella transparent, especially with a VT claim. VTs are expendable. If you're a VT, you don't lash out at other random players to try to survive, because they could be townies that are more valuable than you are. If you're a VT, you get a scumread and pursue it or die trying.

And yeah, Zen's right; Marshy's probably Xonar's scumbro.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Not even lying. Just look at my previous posts and use that information. gg

If you're a VT, you get a scumread and pursue it or die trying.
this among other things in your post is bull and you know it.

Xonar
06-19-2012
06:32 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Say everyone has 3 stacks, how many food givers do you need to keep everyone alive?
Xonar
06-19-2012
06:24 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Adumb's 66 shows a town mindset. Scum has no group you can join. Soft town tell, will do for now.

Gonna poke Circus' 67 to develop RVS.

If Zen is scum, his partner is probably in the four he called in 68. I don't like his writing style, gonna ask him to stop that. Probably not his intention to make himself less readable, but don't like the outcome. "Adum has already given off an unintentional town tell. Though I should keep that to myself." No likey. His thought process is also wacko.
Weird. What are his intentions in outing this pool? Doesn't look pro-town, as any such information scum gains is bad news for Zen.

Acrostic's 71 is looking at outcome, but doesn't incriminate.
Acrostic overall looking like his usual self. Meh. Never liked reading him.
73 is weird. Will inquire. Early on, if weak information is all you got, why oppose it?

Badwolf looking towny. 74. Weird that disagreement prevents reads. Will inquire.

75 is mass scum. Where's the look at intention?

Claim I have 1 stack to make sure I get more? Entertain the thought.

In 83, Circus underestimates Acrostic. Will call him on that.

Time to make a post :)Edited 06-19-2012 01:50 PM
Xonar
06-19-2012
06:14 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Town, vanilla.

Got enough food to last 3 cycles.

This QT will be in English to avoid complications when translating.

Mindset > don't out reads too much, lets scum play with you.
Analyze intent over outcome, but don't disregard outcome.
**** scum!
Xonar
06-19-2012
01:13 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Circus' 83 points out a funny thing about Zen's language. Which he disregards too quickly.

Partners? Mhmmmmeh. Entertain the thought.Edited 06-19-2012 01:13 PM
Xonar
06-19-2012
01:11 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Yeah, on reread it's weird how Acro disregards his own idea.

Zen's reason for not liking Acro is not legit, though.
Xonar
06-19-2012
11:52 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Wondering if X1 will call Circus out on buddying just like Adumb.

Would be peculiar if he didn't.
Xonar
06-19-2012
11:50 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
My bad. Circus did not repeat what I said, responding to Acro.

I do think that X1 pretty much repeated my response, at least it was pretty much the same question. Circus then thumbed him up for it.

I hate people who buddy.
Xonar
06-19-2012
11:37 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Yeah Circus is definitely off in his 90.

Why the hurry on spurring Adumb to play? The game isn't even 1 page in.
He then comments on everything I've already commented on.

Ugh. Must resist urge to call Circus and X1 out on repeating what I said.
Xonar
06-19-2012
11:34 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
sometimes I pity myself
Xonar
06-19-2012
11:30 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
The thing bothering me about Circus is that he's actually pulling up meta on Adumb. That strikes me as weird. Is there nothing else to comment on? Is this really that important? Can't he take the game for what it is?
Xonar
06-19-2012
11:30 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Ugh I feel like I'm already overthinking. I just need to write certain things off as null.
Xonar
06-19-2012
11:08 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Scratch my Circus comment on Acro, still not too fond of Circus, mainly for his tone.
Xonar
06-19-2012
10:43 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Meh.
X1's 88 is weird. He repeats what I said then goes on to ask a possibly useless question.
Looks like a lot of doing nothing. If you have nothing to do, do nothing, for ****s sake.

Wondering if someone will call out that he repeated me. Would be fun to see who's skimming and who's not.
Swissaii
06-19-2012
07:44 AM ET (US) I am not here
Xonar
06-19-2012
07:28 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
hello swiss
Xonar
06-19-2012
06:53 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Scummy: Zen

Meh: Circus, Acrostic

-

Towny: Badwolf (depending on answer), Adumb
Xonar
06-19-2012
06:50 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Circus was quick to call Acro town. That's susp. How can you be so sure so quickly? Can assume that they're unrelated.Edited 06-19-2012 07:20 AM
Xonar
06-19-2012
06:46 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Zen gets ickier the more I read him.

"Circus: Is avoiding an RVS vote something that you usually do? Or were you just following the trend? It's ok if it was the latter. Sometimes we unintentionally fall in line with the patterns others have unintentionally established."
He's giving Circus an out? Why?
Xonar
06-19-2012
06:45 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Talk about stacks and food will be seen as a scumtell. There's no scumhunting and too many unknown factors to call anything. Will not claim 1 stack just to secure extra.Edited 06-19-2012 06:48 AM
Xonar
06-19-2012
07:27 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
X1 why in the lord's name step in for Zen?!
Xonar
06-19-2012
07:24 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
X1 you make me all giddy! You called him out on the buddying too!
Xonar
06-19-2012
06:16 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Would also like to note that Zen didn't actually answer my question.
Xonar
06-19-2012
06:12 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Zen is breaking town focus hard.

This is bad, his points are bad and reachy.
Xonar
06-19-2012
05:18 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
He's also saying I'm latching on to it, when I never did.
Xonar
06-19-2012
05:16 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
I find this scummy.

Zen is breaking town's focus. This is bad.
Xonar
06-19-2012
05:13 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Alright alright alright.

So, Zen has latched on.

I wanted to gauge his reaction to such a request, but it has been approperiate. However, I do not see how it is scummy.
Mhm. Out the true intention of gauging?
Xonar
06-19-2012
04:53 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Mhm Zen makes sense, still don't like it entirely.

Acro was wrong, but not necessarily scummy. The scummy thing was calling it useless and proposing it. The idea itself is not, just wrong.
Xonar
06-19-2012
01:52 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Why tell him?

We could have used it to see if he would give us some relationship tells on his mafia partners.
Might use this to get Acro to vote RamenZen.
Xonar
06-19-2012
01:47 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Mhm. The fact that me and Circus are on one line is appeasing, especially with my relative secrecy. Even my questions avoided being too direct thus far.

Looks like there's a possible bond to be created here. Sounds legit.
Xonar
06-19-2012
01:38 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Hehe I'm trying to piece this together but I am overthinking like crazy.

I really want Zen pressure but I want his response to current events first and more, before blowing my ammo.

I want Acro because what he has been doing is contradictory but I can't expect too much out of players at this phase. It's a good wagon though. Currently considering joining.

Circus can be town while he provides with information. Definitely a worry of mine, but not right now. I won't be able to get CircusScum on D1 regardless.

Adumb is looking okay. I don't see how Circus ruined RVS either but eh. The thing is that Adumb isn't incriminating Circus for it. Adumb's intentions are now clear, and while poorly executed, that doesn't mean its scummy.

Those are the big players at the moment. X1 is also scary, but eh.

Statistically speaking though, most of the time the first wagon doesn't get pushed through. Mhm.
Xonar
06-19-2012
01:29 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
It does look weird in his attack on Acrostic, that he's refraining from answering a curiousity question.
The only problem is that that's admitting to not scumhunting. (curiousity question, that is)
Xonar
06-19-2012
01:25 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Circus' dislike is cleared up because his uncharacteristic aggression is advancing the RVS. I can work with that.

I can see where he's coming from on both Acro and Adumb, but no idea why he's still on Adumb. Mhm.Edited 06-20-2012 05:38 AM
Xonar
06-19-2012
01:21 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
what the **** is circus doing with his vote

why is it on adumb and not acro?Edited 06-19-2012 01:21 PM
Xonar
06-19-2012
01:19 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
I'm gonna go ahead and assume the language of this question ("avoiding an RVS vote?" Heh.) is the result of newborn paranoia of me due to EBR Mafia. I'm hoping you squash that soon.

This will be ammo to get Circus to vote Zen.
Xonar
06-19-2012
01:18 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Adumb vs Circus looks TvT.
Not SvS.

IF SvT, then Adumb would be the scum. but I doubt it currently.
Xonar
06-20-2012
04:37 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
man dat omnipresent judgement
Xonar
06-20-2012
04:27 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Welp.

Now we wait.
Swissaii
06-20-2012
04:04 PM ET (US) I can't hydra, but I CAN judge ^^
Xonar
06-20-2012
09:29 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
this game is frustrating

what the hell is x1 pulling? They're undermining my thread control/town focus together, zen and x1
Xonar
06-20-2012
05:56 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
I want to drive Zen in a corner, where his arguments are all dried up. At that point, I will case on him.
Xonar
06-20-2012
04:43 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Did I note that zen is pretty much guaranteed to be Acro's scum partner if Acro flips scum?
Xonar
06-20-2012
04:39 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Sum up information against Zen:
"Adum has already given off an unintentional town tell. Though I should keep that to myself." No likey. What would he gain by outing this?

His thought process that leads him to his lynch pool is also wacko.

Weird. What are his intentions in outing this pool? Doesn't look pro-town, as any such information scum gains is bad news for Zen. Would allow scum to play with him.
~~~~~~~~~

Zen gets ickier the more I read him.

"Circus: Is avoiding an RVS vote something that you usually do? Or were you just following the trend? It's ok if it was the latter. Sometimes we unintentionally fall in line with the patterns others have unintentionally established."
He's giving Circus an out? Why?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Circus' 83 points out a funny thing about Zen's language. Which he disregards too quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mhm Zen makes sense, still don't like it entirely.

Acro was wrong, but not necessarily scummy. The scummy thing was calling it useless and proposing it. The idea itself is not, just wrong.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I find this scummy.

Zen is breaking town's focus. This is bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
All Zen's reactions to me have been pretty bad.
Xonar
06-20-2012
04:34 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
goddamnit swiss lets hydra I hate these votes on me :(
Xonar
06-20-2012
04:32 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Circus same as July.
Xonar
06-20-2012
04:31 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Badwolf is null, lean town.
July's intentions seem pure. Her reasoning is ****ty.
Xonar
06-20-2012
04:30 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
this is why I tend to hate goddamn SWF mafia

everyone is friggin paranoid as ****
Swissaii
06-20-2012
03:39 AM ET (US) This thread is relevant to my interests
Xonar
06-19-2012
07:47 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
If it turns out he does have XonarScum then his lack of vote is disturbing.

His lack of vote can also be hesitance to vote me because Zen already went there.
Xonar
06-19-2012
07:43 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
It's also peculiar that X1 says that he doesn't see XonarTown but then doesn't give his own read, only to be revealed when I question him.
Xonar
06-19-2012
07:40 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
As of Post 127, I'm entertaining a Zen/Acro pairing and a Zen/X1 pairing.
If this is the scumteam I'll flip my **** after this game.
Xonar
06-19-2012
07:29 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Oh oh X1.

You make my heart race. Literally. That only happens when I find something scummy.

Same happened with Zen. I love this feeling.
Xonar
06-22-2012
05:12 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
ugh **** Badwolf. Prime example of dumb or scum. Some remarks are so weird.
Xonar
06-22-2012
04:47 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
and then I was too tired.

I'll just look deeper into Badwolf's interactions.
Xonar
06-21-2012
08:57 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
I took my sweet time to walk through everything.

going to seriously reread tomorrow. Read count is currently at like 4
Xonar
06-21-2012
07:01 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
wondering what badwolf is doing :v

why does x1 spend so much time arguing with him to stuff unrelated to scumhunting?
Xonar
06-21-2012
04:00 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
might have to reconsider Zen. Getting the "nope" from my gut.
Swissaii
06-21-2012
03:00 PM ET (US) > mfw Gheb gets butthurt for calling Xonar scum to Xonar
Xonar
06-21-2012
10:33 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
He's not sharing stuff tho :v
Gheb
06-21-2012
10:05 AM ET (US) Swiss, you're not allowed to share your reads with Xonar. Please edit all the posts that refer to players in the game.Edited 06-21-2012 10:05 AM
Xonar
06-21-2012
09:02 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
@Bold: Are we scum? From your most recent post you say Xonar is leaning town, explain this read

@Underlined: I, and I'm pretty sure every single player other than you gets better reads when not in RVS. Its not something I care for and I prefer to just get on with the game.
See?

His next post is weird and fluffy.

I don't like how he repeated my question earlier, but eh. Not scummy, just odd.
It's also odd that he says this "Yes, Yes you are. Why are you trying to imply that you're not", but maybe he just isn't that smart of a man.

Also, see this?
"From your most recent post you say Xonar is leaning town, explain this read"
=
"I don't get the Xonar love"

WE TALKED ABOUT THAT.

Then he asks everyone to vote Badwolf without even voting himself. That's just scummy.

His handling of Badwolf is weird. Some points are legit but not scumhunting at all. It's more feeling him out, but that doesn't line up with how he wants everyone to vote Badwolf.

yeah

has he even thrown down a vote? nope, never.Edited 06-21-2012 09:03 AM
Xonar
06-21-2012
08:55 AM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
The thing is that he's so conservative with his vote. He asks if Adumb think he's scummy (wtf?)

Lemme give you a more complete answer haha
Swissaii
06-21-2012
04:29 AM ET (US) Explain X1 to me?
Swissaii
06-21-2012
04:28 AM ET (US) Xonar town?

You sure? Had him as scum.
Xonar
06-20-2012
06:35 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Town:
Xonar
Circus
Badwolf

Towny:
Adumb / July

Wacko:
Acrostic

Scummy:
X1

Scum:
Zen

Null (no posts yet):
Gorf
SangfroidWarrior
-Masquerain-

everything is ordened.Edited 06-20-2012 06:38 PM
Xonar
06-20-2012
06:33 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Badwolfs remark about not wanting to torture people also proves that he is town, and the reason he opposes pressure is childlike ignorance rather than scum intent.
Xonar
06-20-2012
06:27 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
I also just realized there is a 2man scum and 1man indy team. Meh. X1/Zen/Acro all still wacko. Acro would be the indy, though.
Xonar
06-20-2012
06:27 PM ET (US)
Edit

Delete
Holy **** X1's defense of Ramen is a big lump of holed cheese.

all my notes. good luck town!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Gonna have to dislike Circus for that terrible hammer. Esp with 254 around and Acrostic who "had a big bag of nothing". Jezus ****, it's as if you don't even WANT to find ammo on someone potentially scum.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Holy buns, a wild novel appears.

It's also peculiar how you accuse me of flailing when I elaborate BECAUSE MARSHY ASKED.

Jezus ****.
You elaborate on a player you've barely even talked about in thread, and not very well. "X1 just seems off and some of his points are legit but his vote and BadWolf and STUFF." Not convincing, sorry. You've come across super jumpy and flaily all game and I'm not the only one to think so.

Sorry for lynching you, I guess. But you know, eggs and omelets and all that.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Obv you read my post thoroughly.

obv you realize that someone like me, who's been talking about FOCUSSSSSS ALL FREAKING GAME doesn't elaborate on someone who he doesn't want to FOCUUSSSSSSSSSSS on? I mean, jeez. 1+1=2, there's no unknown variable there.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Aside from that first guy, these are pretty weird opinions. Reasoning for the BadWolf and Acro reads? Particularly curious about the latter since he has been gone for most of the Day.
He's acting like normal Acro i.e. not articulating himself very well, having weird opinions, being called scum lol. BadWolf just strikes me as new inarticulate town, seems clear he's putting in efforts.

@X1 we should cohost Firefly mafia sometime

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
agreed sure why not

someone kill adumbs slot

scum please kill/starve me as well

:phone:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Lol

235 - "It's probably best for town to lynch me"
When he actually gets to L-1 - "oops no don't lynch me"
I was like "wait a sec", you know how people are able to change their minds? Yeah, that's not scummy, that's normal lol.

either way for you to still call me scum is dumb lol but whatever :rolleyes:

Top Bottom