• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Fusion Dance (ATTN: Genesis staff--urgent)

Life

Smash Hero
Copying what I said in the big thread.

So about having Skullgirls at Genesis.
I'm serious about genesis.

Straight up, if Boback goes over to Skullgirls' people and says "you give us your spirit bomb money and we'll host a big tournament for you at Genesis", SG is guaranteed exactly what it wants from EVO while Smash actually has a shot at keeping up with ST.

It's the best shot for both of us.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
ST might be enough of a threat to give this a shot. If rumors are true about the ST donators there is no way in living hell either SG or Melee can win unless both of our Spirit Bombs are HELLA insane (raising $25k in one night), both communities getting together to get one in and have make-up nationals for the other is basically the only way we'll be able to combat a small group of people that can just throw around FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS like chump change.

Life

Smash Hero
THERE IS NO GOING BACK. WE ARE ALREADY AT 33,623.41

*** I AM PLEADING FOR EVERYONE WHO CAN HELP, DONATE AS LITTLE AS $5 TO HELP US OUT, SPREAD THE WORDS ON TWITTER & FACEBOOK ***

THIS IS HOW WE STARTED IT ALL

STREET FIGHTER II

LETS GO
SEEN ON SRK

THEY'RE DONE SNIPING

we still have a shot

It's now a guaranteed win-win IF we're willing to make this offer.

dkuo

Smash Lord
i have humongous doubts about whether sg's spirit bomb organizers will agree to this. assuming st's sniping is finished (which is probably not the case, but even if they have a few $k's left) both us and sg still have chances of making enough $ on our own to take the win.

doesn't hurt to try though

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Lol sorry but this is ridiculous.

SG wants an invitation to EVO. Not to a smash tourney.

Life

Smash Hero
i have humongous doubts about whether sg's spirit bomb organizers will agree to this. assuming st's sniping is finished (which is probably not the case, but even if they have a few $k's left) both us and sg still have chances of making enough $ on our own to take the win.

doesn't hurt to try though
Basically, provided we can get him to make this offer, Skullgirls literally loses nothing for coming to Genesis rather than EVO. Remember that one semi-joke image?

SKULLGIRLS
What it has: Developer support, respect of the FGC
What it wants: Confirmed DLC, active tournament scene
How it thinks it will get it: EVO

Now replace EVO with Genesis and what changes? Absolutely nothing.

MELEE
What it has: Confirmed sequel, active tournament scene
What it wants: Developer support, respect of the FGC
How it thinks it will get it: EVO

Genesis doesn't shore up our community's weaknesses at all. EVO would.

We have more to gain, so I think they'll accept if we can guarantee they'll get basically the same thing they would have gotten from EVO.

The logic is quite sound, we just need to explain it.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
this is ********.
you are ********.
This idea is dumb.
fats just read my mind

the worst part is after all the smashers posting **** to the SG page on facebook and other places I am SO surprised this is even being considered hahaha, give me ONE reason (other than the one in the OP) that SG would want this?

Gea

Smash Master
You do know the whole "surge is done" is just speculation, right? No one has shown proof of what is going on. And yeah Life it sounds like you are speaking for a lot of people in this thread.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
you guys seriously are doubting that melee's spirit bomb ISNT the biggest and best spirit bomb?

you REALLY think we're not gonna win, and STOOP down to SG and ask for help?

tip: we hella don't

dkuo

Smash Lord
sorry but

What it wants: Confirmed DLC, active tournament scene
How it thinks it will get it: Genesis
doesn't really register with me. lol

also there's supposedly still $ coming in for st

sidefx

Smash Champion
Nah

:phone:

There is a little thing called logistics that plays a huge role in a decision like that. You can't just come up with an answer. There is a lot of planning involved for something like adding in a game to a line up of 4 games already.

El Duderino

Smash Ace
The entire SG community would have to become bitter with EVO and the rest of the FGC. Not a chance in hell that will happen.

Subrava

Smash Cadet
I think this donation drive has been far too competitive between our respective communities for them to forfeit any large sum of money. Genesis is super hype and all for Smash but it is not the Grand Prize. EVO is an enormous event that has a massive amount of exposure. SG will likely decline the offer for some of the exact same reasons we would.

Also, don't count ST out quite yet. If they had it in them to pull such a large amount of money together seemingly strait out of the ether I'd be wary of their ability to repeat that same thing when it counts the most (tomorrow).

Regardless, dig deep for the Spirit Bomb tomorrow. Whatever happens this is ultimately for a good cause, we'll still have a big tournament for the summer lineup, and with such a strong demonstration of support Smash will surely have more opportunities to participate at EVO.

Bad Cupboard

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure this won't work

Why would SG sacrifice a potential position in the biggest fighting game tournament of the year for a guaranteed position in a smash bros tournament?

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
yo yeah just because we have another legit challenger, your giving up?

it's fine and dandy if you can get those guys to donate to us instead of SG, but don't make a big deal out of it, just keep fighting. every community for himself.

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
I don't see that happening (I'm a fan of SG too, but melee comes first), although it would be nice for sure. Before we could even make an offer I'm pretty sure there would have to be some trolls that were on their forums to go over there and apologize to smooth things over as well... which I'm pretty sure although their community would appreciate it, I don't think it would flip them enough to donate to melee.

Aside from that, chances are their stream today is going to be beastly and there's going to be a lot of incentive to donate (I have to admit, the custom stick that's up for grabs is giving me a swag-boner). I think there are going to be a ton of people who will be putting money in in hopes of getting some limited-edition swag rather than just to get their favorite game in.

Top Bottom