• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fusion 0.5 - Wiegraf Replacement! - Feb 20th - South NJ - Free Pretzel Day!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
<efsa>
<ssfg>

Things were looking grim as Wiegraf was unexpectedly canceled. Plenty of people had already planned to go, people already took off of work... WHAT WERE THE SMASHERS SUPPOSED TO DO NOW!? Well it look's like the Fusion series is starting a little early ;)

Presenting Fusion 0.5 (since 1 was already announced for March lol), the latest and greatest tournament to hit the Jersey Shore!

Date:
February 20th, 2010

Time:
Signups start at like 12:00pm
Doubles STARTS at 1:00pm
Singles starts after Doubles
You can arrive as early as 11:00am

Price:
$5 Venue Fee - Free if you bring a TV and Wii we can use!
$10 Singles
$20 per team Doubles
Bring a TV and Wii and we will waive the venue fee!

Address:
Red Fusion Gaming Center @ The Shore Mall
6725 Black Horse Pike
Egg Harbor Twp, NJ 08234-3904

Tournament Play:
Doubles will play as a standard double-elimination bracket.
Singles will do pool play eliminating down to a smaller double-elimination bracket.
Why? Doing pools gives new players more bang for their buck giving them a guaranteed 4-5 matches instead of only 2. For pros this means more warm up for singles, or perhaps giving you a chance to practice other characters in tournament without risking your bracket placement right away. Pools will be eliminating so the tournament doesn't take forever and so the bracket runs nice and fast.

Payouts:
Singles - 48/22/14/8/4 (in %, both 5th place players get 4% of the pot)
Doubles - 55/30/15 (in %)
Hey guys! No longer just a battle for first place! Top 5 receives money from singles guaranteed!

Stage List:
Starter - Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Lylat Cruise
Counterpick - Castle Siege, Pokemon Stadium 1, Brinstar, Delfino Plaza, Brinstar, Raindbow Cruise

Other Rules:
-8 Minutes
-3 Stock
-Best 2 out of 3 except Winners Losers and Grand Finals are 3 out of 5
-You can not pick a stage you already won on in that set
-Set Procedure: Blind pick (if needed) for characters, 1221 stage strike for first match, then for matches 2 and 3, winner bans a stage, loser picks a stage, winner picks character, loser picks character
-Items are set to off and none
-Stalling (as in doing infinites past 300%) is banned
-If the time runs out, winner is decided by stocks then percent. If it is an exact tie, then a 1 stock rematch on the same stage will be played with a 3 minute timer.
-No MK Infinite Cape
-All other standard rules I might have forgotten

Transportation:
By Car:
Approximately 55 miles from Philadelphia, PA
Approximately 90 miles from Princeton, NJ
Approximately 120 miles from New York, NY
Approximately 130 miles from Baltimore, MD
Public Transit:
NJ Transit Bus 502 Stops here connecting from the Atlantic City Bus Terminal (24 minute ride)
You can get to the AC Bus Terminal from a train from NY and a train from Philadelphia.
or
Take the NJ Transit Train from Philadelphia to Absecon and see if someone can pick you up, the station is 4 miles from the venue.

TV List:
COME ON PEOPLE BRING TVS AND WIIS! YOU WILL RECEIVE FREE VENUE FEE IF YOU DO!

Interested Attendee List:
-ChiboSempai
-Everyone who was going to Wiegraf
-AND MORE!

Other:
-FREE PRETZEL DAY!

-ChiboSempai
-PM, VM, or AIM
-Text/Call 609.226.2287

AllisBrawl Link
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8913

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
EVERYONE PLEASE BRING TVS AND WIIS!

you will receive free venue

this is short notice so atm I'm the only person providing anything lol.
weve got like 4 full setups atm.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
wait is there still a red fusion the week before ktar? or has it been moved to this wekend

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Fusion 1 is still March 13th, this is an extra tournament, not moved. They also both have different threads. Fusion 1 is still stickied and normal. I'm holding this because everyone wanted a tourney asap this weekend because Wiegraf got canned.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Anyone willing to give me a ride? I'd love to go, but it's near 3 hours away from me. :(

If I can go, I'll bring a full set up.

Chibo, you win for having pools. =D

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
u can get round trip greyhound tickets from port authority to atlantic city for $35, then the info for getting to the venue from AC is in the OP

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
they have a thing where u email em a pic of u eating the pretzel and 100 random ppl win a shirt that do.

however, how much do u beat if everyone at the tourney goes to get a pretzel and we all take a pic together and send it in we'l get something special (even if its a t shirt for everyone) lol. maybe a auntie annes sponsorship? lol

Zucco

Smash Master
might be here now...........Original plans failed me.

I might go all Falco, or Falco for alot of my matches. I need the experience. Meta Knights should friendly my falco and help me learn the matchup.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
PD, the parkway is essentially traffic-free in any non-summer months.

Malcolm and I definitely need that ride.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Zuccetaro? That's what it would say as first place if we teamed Zucco :)

I will surely be here and I'm lookiing for a teammate.

soniclax15

Smash Rookie
I'm offering 60 bucks to anyone willing to pick me up. I live very close to the city, about 25 minutes away from it. I don't have much of a curfew either, just guarantee that I'll be there by the time doubles starts.
do u live around Boothwyn, Glen Mills, or Chadds Ford(NOTE: they are all in PA)?
bcuz i live in Chadds Ford, and if u live in one of those cities then ill try to convince my dad to take u when he takes me to the tourney...

Vinnie

Smash Master
do u live around Boothwyn, Glen Mills, or Chadds Ford(NOTE: they are all in PA)?
bcuz i live in Chadds Ford, and if u live in one of those cities then ill try to convince my dad to take u when he takes me to the tourney...
I live in NY actually, thanks for the help though, I got a ride. *goes to edit post*

Vinnie

Smash Master
Atomsk, Izumi, and I are going. My partner should be obvious. Izumi will bring a Wii and I'll bring a TV.

Hooray.
You and Trevor can get 2nd if you want, me and Izumi are getting first though :p.

Team "Hammers and Lolis and Turtles, Oh my!" GOGOGO

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Just don't lose last hit to dmbrandon/Shadow again when you clearly should win the same day we mutilate them twice. :)

I'm glad Izumi can get decent partners now. I wish you guys the best of luck. Sadly for you, Izumi can't fight either of us at all.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Just don't lose last hit to dmbrandon/Shadow again when you clearly should win the same day we mutilate them twice. :)

I'm glad Izumi can get decent partners now. I wish you guys the best of luck. Sadly for you, Izumi can't fight either of us at all.
Thanks, me and him actually make a pretty good team. And yeah he even had the grab to kill Shadow, I was just a complete idiot, IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN IZUMI I PWOMISE :(.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Double post on purpose.

Is there going to be a side event? If so, what's it going to be? May I suggest a Rainbow Cruise side event? :p

Top Bottom