• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FullMetal proudly presents: Tipped Off 8!

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Just spoke to someone sfat through pm and he said "if him and mango come to tipped off,would it be worth it?"

What do you guys think?
I asked Mango at Pound 5 if he'd ever be interested in coming to Tipped Off while we ate chipotle'. He said yes at the time, not sure if he remembers though.

I'd definitely be honored for him to finally attend one of my tournaments- and turnout right now is looking like 70+ so I imagine he could make a decent amount of $$$. Assuming he doesn't run out of hero juice mid-tournament. =P

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
currently the only person i know is snap *shrug* i'm assuming he'll find some people to come with him, but idk who, as i'm not one of the people planning to be in the car.

Awstintacious

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone only going up for doubles and is going to be going by any MARTA stations on the way back. I can't stay both days, but would like to come out for teams. (ofc gas-moneyferdayz)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
snap i forgot about the brevard car lol. best of luck to you guys!

i don't plan on attending this, as my funds will be focused toward my road trip towards FC in a few weeks. but i wouldn't be surprised if a scenario opened up where i magically end up in georgia. these things have a way of happening hours before people leave (like zenith lol)

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
****. If PP makes it then this will definitely be the best Tipped Off ever!

Also... can this get stickied? Please?
I host the biggest melee-only tournament in the south, CLOSE to being the biggest melee-only tournament in the nation- maybe even the world.
I'm pretty sure given that this is next weekend it deserves a sticky for a week.

/shades, deal with it

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Do you need a teammate for Tipped Off 8?
Do you really want to play in doubles but can't find anyone willing to team with you?
Do you want to play doubles SO BADLY that you would pay for your teammate's entry, even if said teammate was going to play nothing but Kirby on your team?
Well, if this sounds like you, you might just be desperate enough to team with DAYSOO!
Yes, that guy that retired years ago but still gets roped into being staff at Tipped Off every year.
For the low, low price of $9.99 you could have your very own KIRBY teammate.
Just dial 1-800-NIGA-PLZ and have your credit card information ready.
ORDER NOW!

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
So do you need people to bring setups for this/can there be a reduced fee for bringing a setup?
Yes we need setups- no I'm not reducing door fee this year for bringing a setup.

In the past, I've been "ok" with losing money hosting Tipped Off. I've probably lost about 600+$ through the years from hosting these tournaments, and I don't mind that. But now I'm a homeowner, and I cannot risk losing money hosting a tournament. I don't care if I make "profit" or not, but I'm not discounting door fees because I can't risk being unable to pay my mortgage.

Sorry duder.

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
Who from Florida needs a teammate? And who from Florida goin? If some old schoolers are going the 7 hour drive won't be so bad!

HOLLA

:phone:

PB&J

Smash Hero
Who from Florida needs a teammate? And who from Florida goin? If some old schoolers are going the 7 hour drive won't be so bad!

HOLLA

flowing water- never met you,but i heard you were the original florida falco. I hope you come to this.

So far as i know from florida is : colbol,hbox,rx,plup,dop,ghatzu,blea gelo,rockcrock, cash mooney, and there are some others in colbol's car,but i forgot there names.
So i hope you come because it will be great to see you in action

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
i might not come, my boss needs me on monday, and colin says there is no way i can get to mia at 7:00am of monday

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
flowing water- never met you,but i heard you were the original florida falco. I hope you come to this.

So far as i know from florida is : colbol,hbox,rx,plup,dop,ghatzu,blea gelo,rockcrock, cash mooney, and there are some others in colbol's car,but i forgot there names.
So i hope you come because it will be great to see you in action
Wow Rock still plays!? Damn FL going hard on this, I might just end up going and bring back that old FL HyPE yeah yeauhz!

Oh and I am ok, everybody got too good, but the game is still fun!

HOLLA

zidane3015

Smash Cadet
Wow Rock still plays!? Damn FL going hard on this, I might just end up going and bring back that old FL HyPE yeah yeauhz!

Oh and I am ok, everybody got too good, but the game is still fun!

HOLLA

Are you driving from Florida? If you are would you mind if I caught a ride with you? (I would help with gas obviously)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
so i am going to be taking the schedule very seriously and very generously handing out disqualifications and round losses

don't **** around this tournament. i am super sick of people forcing the tournament to last forever.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
if i've known you for 6 years and you drove down from alaska to see me

i'm still going to dq you for being late or "let me just finish this set"

Jwillii

Smash Cadet
Just for reference purposes is there any time that we have to be out of the venue? I'm driving back to NC sunday night and would like to have as much of an idea as I can when this will wrap up.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Just for reference purposes is there any time that we have to be out of the venue? I'm driving back to NC sunday night and would like to have as much of an idea as I can when this will wrap up.
We're out of the venue each night by midnight. Its public property and they'll kick us out, no questions asked.

Top Bottom